As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] KotS: "What do your halfling eyes see?" "God damnit! Our eyes are the sa

• Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Realizing that he was now alone with his enemy, away from the eyes and ears of potential threats or spies, Azulan begins to interrogate the prisoner.

I have taken the trouble to secure you dwarf, at great personal expense. You will be forthcoming now and answer me truthfully. I still have my blade and will use it, either to defend you, or to end you. The less you tell me, the less inclined I am to let you stay in the one piece you are currently in.
    Intimidate (1d20+7=20)
    Questions, in order of importance: What do you know of the person who hired you. What do you know of the threats against this town. What more do you know about the threats against my group.

Azulan does not need to shout or put blade to throat. The dwarf recognizes his intentions.

LightRider on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The dwarf slumps down in her cell against the wall.

"Thick headed humans," she mutters.

"I've told you more or less what I know, and it's no accident that the man who hired me didn't shower me with countless details. My companions and I were hired several months ago by someone we know only as 'The Agent.' Our contracts so far have been fairly simple... burn down a few farms, kidnap some villagers, and most recently kill or otherwise delay the adventurers sent for by Padraig."

She loosens some of the clothes still constricting her and lets down her braided hair.

"Of the threats against Winterhaven, we're just one of many mercenary groups hired by The Agent, of that I'm sure. We've run into other contracted bands from time to time; in fact, at one point we were told to kill one of them who was holding out for a higher salary. The Agent doesn't take kindly to negotiations, and he hates failure even more. Now that you and your party has made it into town, he'll be looking for me. Winterhaven Keep...."

She laughs, looking down at the floor in front of her.

"His assassins will find me here, I have no doubt of that. Now please, let me await my death in peace."

She lowers her head and appears to be trying to fall asleep.

From outside the guardhouse comes a well-built man wearing common city garb, carrying a worn looking short sword, and bearing a bright steel badge on his breast. Engraved on the badge is "WMR."

"Winterhaven Militia Reserve," says the man as he enters the room. "In case you were wondering what the badge was for. The name is Phil Wintrey, and I'm here to look after your..."

He pauses as he shuffles past to peer into the cell.

"Ah yes, your dwarf."

Phil slumps into the chair set up across from the cell and puts his sword down beside him.

"Thanks to you I'm on watch until further notice, but it's better than minding the smith all day and night."

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Well, this one has no further use to me. I shall return after meeting Padraig. Keep your eyes open for assassins, this one may be in danger.

Azulan regards Wintrey, trying to gleen any information he can from his words or reaction to news about assassins...

but is unsure what to make of him.

He does a quick check of the building, taking note of all visible entrances and windows, taking note of what kind of lights will provide illumination at night, and what the actual defensive capabilities of the structure are. After he is satisfied, he makes his way to the inn, seeing his companions in various moods and stages of conversation. He walks to the corner table to sit with Sariela, not inclined at the moment to speak with any of the strangers about. He relays the limited information he'd learned, and speaks of the meager resources dedicated to the gaurding of the town.

LightRider on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Listening to the various reports of the sorry state of affairs in Winterhaven, Sariela is morbidly proud of her decisions to avoid living in places like this. I look forward to meeting this Lord, if only for the chance to ask him why he is unable to control and secure his own people.

"There's enough dissent and odd behavior here for a town twice the size; this job offer has certainly soured."

She takes a glance behind her, reassured for the moment that her weapon is still at hand.

"Still, I am very curious now to hear his request..."

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Well, if anything, I am...we are here to improve things for these people. By the time our work here is finished, there should be considerably less threat for the guards to encounter, less mayhem on the roads, and more prosperity for all concerned.

Azulan had trouble thinking about his adventures as a group effort. So often did he lose sight of those who he trusted his life to in times of mortal danger. It was not a matter of pride or lack of care. He had trouble letting himself grow too close to his companions. He knew that attachment was only a path that lead to loss and sorrow. He grasped his holy symbol, unconciously squeezing it with a bitter strain.

We may need to keep watch tonight at the keep. Be prepared for anything.

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Azulan
    Wintrey looks worried at first at your news of assassins, but then he relaxes a bit. He has a great amount of faith on the safety of the village, especially within the keep. He seems to consider his guard duty a vacation from manual labour rather than a service to his Lord.

As for the guardhouse, a small window about 8 feet high allows light into the dwarf's 10x10 cell, but it is too small for anyone to fit through--even a small creature. It is intended for ventilation and fitted with steel bars.

There are two other cells in the guardhouse, each identical to the one in which the dwarf is staying. There are no current occupants, and the doors appear locked at a glance.

There are two larger windows set into the walls not opposite the cells. They are about 4 feet off the ground and reinforced with steel bars. The door into the keep proper is heavy oak with reinforced steel brackets. The lock on the door is inconsequential, as an enormous wooden beam is used to barricade the door when necessary.

The light inside is bright, thanks to several torches along the walls. There is also a lantern that sits on the desk by the door, where the captain was sitting. It looks like it might be used by the jailer when he makes his rounds.

As far as defensive capabilities, the only way into the guardhouse would be through the heavy oak door, and that would likely have to occur when it is already open. It would take a battering ram or some potent magic to break it down when barred. The steel bars on the larger windows look sturdy enough. Anyone attacking from the outside in might be able to do some damage, but that would mean they need to break through the keep's defenses as well, which seem rather standard as far as small keeps go.
    I'm going to move along with the assumption that Roscoe has been tagging along quietly. Misty indicated some problems with Internet.. so we'll see how that pans out before I worry about finding a possible replacement.

As the adventurers sit at their table conversing, the door to the inn bursts open. All attention immediately turns to the interruption as a tall man in fashionable leather banded armour walks in with an enormous grin.

Behind him, a number of men clad in similar gear walk in, carrying an enormous boar bound to a pole. They move past the first man as he stands in the entryway, hands on his hips, and make their way into the kitchen.

"Salvana?" says the tall figure. "I told you I'd bring back a feast!"

"Lord Padraig!" says Salvana as she rushes over to greet him. She bends down in a makeshift curtsy and shows the lord to his seat at the banquet table. "It shall be a fine feast, and the ale from Drownbottom has arrived at last!"

Padraig laughs before leaning in to whisper something in her ear, and she motions over toward the table where the adventurers are sitting. He walks over calmly and addresses Aylden.

"You're the one who spoke with Salvana? You're the ones I sent for, hmm?" he says with a slight grin. He does not wait for a response. "Perfect!"

Lord Padraig pulls up a chair, waving away any efforts at formalities.

"The pay up front is 100 gold pieces, and that's before we even agree to real work. For now, I've got a task that should prove whether or not you're the right sort for the job I intended in the first place. I have high hopes, of course. After all, I did send for you based on your reputation."

He pulls a sack of coins from a satchel around his waist and throws it onto the table.

"There you have it, friends. I'll recount more of what is needed of you tonight at dinner. Right now, I have some quick business to attend to at the keep. I did not see my regular posted guards at the gate, and I'd like to see that nothing is wrong."

He gets up in a hurry, interrupting any efforts to discuss these issues further.

"We'll speak more at dinner. Have a seat at the table any time you like. I believe my guards, the Winterhaven Regulars will be arriving soon for some drinks before the event. I've had places set for you."

He points to the large banquet table set up along the far wall and the five chairs aligned along one side. By now, more villagers are filing in to the inn and taking seats in a random fashion. Salvana rushes around with mugs of beer, trying to see to all callers as quickly as she can.

Figgy on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    "Well, that was enlightening." remarked Gavin. "He seems a....." he struggles for the word "brash sort of man." He frowns, "But I don't like his words regarding those guards at the gate, didn't you mention something about them, Aylden?"

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    After witnessing the spectacle and hearing Padraigs alarming statements as to his current destination and problems with gaurds, Azulan siezes this opportunity to speak to Padraig. However, when his questions are rebuffed, he finds little recourse but to follow the man back to the keep.

I don't like this either, Gavin. I'm going back there to find out what mischief is at play, he says to his group, wondering if any would follow.

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gavin stood up with a grin, "I'll go with you, whose going to watch your back if I'm not there?"

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    "This place is fast becoming far too crowded for my tastes, I will accompany you."

Sariela stands up and gathers her belongings, her greatsword shimmering in the firelight as she slings it across her back. Far too many odd coincidences at work tonight, I suspect the worst... And I don't care how wealthy this Padraig is, nobody gives away a hundred gold pieces on naught but assumptions.

Her face is set grim as she leaves the tavern to follow Azulan. On the way out, she swipes a loaf of fresh bread from the table, and when she catches up to him, hands it to him with somewhat of a nagging glare.

"Keep up your strength, Azulan; I suspect you'll need it shortly."

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    NO!

This is Azulan's first thought. But obviously, he could not yell at his companion for offering him bread in this hour of need. He could obviously purchase some now...and he was about to enjoy a feast...

He looks at the bread and says Sariela, I cannot-

A loud growl of his stomach and a momentary grimace of pain betray him for the last time in this moment of choice.

He takes the bread and a single bite, silently cursing his own betrayal. Bahamut would see him pay for this, he was certain.

Thank you my friend.
    Sombody picks up the gold right? It would very not good if nobody picks up the gold. Please someone say that they got the gold!

LightRider on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Aylden sighs as he sees the others file out of the Inn after Padraig. Standing quickly he grabs his longbow and strolls toward the door, as he passes by the table he reaches out with a deft hand and collects the bag that Lord Padraig left lying there and attaches it to his belt.

As he reaches the door he turns and, to no one in particular, announces "It appears my companions have something urgent to discuss with his Lordship but fear not, we shall return shortly!"

He then beckons Roscoe to follow and ducks out the door after his allies.
    Stuff we should probably discuss:
    The name of our merry band of murderers.
    Who has the healing potion we found? I'd think either Sariela or Gavin, since both are likely to be in melee and can't heal themselves.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    As the party reaches the keep, they follow Lord Padraig into the guardhouse where the dwarf is being kept. It is now growing dark, and bright torchlight beams from the barred windows of the room, casting shadows outside.

Inside the guardhouse the captain, the lord, and another man are leaning over two dead men, sprawled out on the floor. Wintrey, the hired militia guard, stands by pacing back and forth.

"They've been dead for several hours at least, my lord," says the unknown man leaning over the bodies. "Single puncture wounds to the back."

Padraig stands up, obviously distraught. He turns and sees the party standing in the doorway.

"Ah, my friends. You might as well come in. Your future tasks will likely be related to today's foul deeds."

The unknown man stands up and introduces himself as the town's doctor.

"I'll send over the coroner to collect the bodies by this evening," he says before leaving.

Lord Padraig and the captain explain the situation. Shortly after the lord's hunting party returned to Winterhaven, two bodies were found in the gatehouse at the town's gate. They had been stabbed in the back and hidden under some blankets, out of sight. They were identified as two of Winterhaven's Regulars.

Lord Padraig explains the recent problems in Winterhaven, including an ever-increasing amount of kobolds in the area, much more than usual. Also, bandits have become more aggressive, sometimes actually leading attacks on outlying farms. He repeats the story told to Gavin by Eilian, the old farmer in the inn. The only new information to this tale is that the dead prisoner had no visible signs of injury, and it is suspected his death was a work of magic.

"Now you know more or less why you've been summoned here to Winterhaven," says Padraig. "Things are becoming increasingly dangerous in my town, and I have not the manpower to turn things around. The town's guard now numbers a mere seven, after the death of the two you see here. None of the militia are properly trained, and actually leading them out of the town to clear out bandits or kobolds would surely dwindle our population here," he explains.

"Now, the first task I have for you, one which will confirm your abilities,.. reassure me of your reputations if you will... is a simple one. I have sent Winterhaven's resident wizard to a nearby dragon burial site to retrieve an ancient artifact. I have reason to believe that this item will go a long way in securing the safety of my town."

The captain chimes in.

"The artifact is supposedly a mirror shard, one of several pieces that can be joined together to form a powerful item of magic. We would like to secure this shard, if only for the sole purpose of preventing our enemies from procuring it."

Lord Padraig hands Aylden a torn piece of parchment with a crude map scrawled on one side.

"The burial site is easy enough to find," he says. "You will see a large, pearl white pillar atop the burial mound. I suggest you leave in the morning, but for now I invite you to join some of my guards and I in Wrafton's Inn for the yearly town feast. Normally, because of the events today, I would cancel the event, but I do not want to further trouble the minds of the townspeople, and such an event is critical to morale in times like these."

"If there is nothing else you wish to discuss, you may accompany us to the inn," he says with a gracious smile.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    If you guys did forget to grab the gold I was totally going to have that little serving boy swipe it and spend the next week in the town brothel.

Wait.. shit... there is no town brothel guys. Do not go spend your salary in the town brothel.

Important
    When you guys have a moment, shoot me a PM and tell me what you think of the current pacing, specifically the time/RP between combat encounters. I'd prefer you relay this info via PM rather than directly in the thread, so I'm sure I've got everyone's completely honest opinion. I won't repeat anything here, but I'll just tailor the campaign based on your comments.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gavin peered over the bodies, checking to see if there was any more information to be discerned from them.

Nope, nothing to see here!

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gavin
    Dead as door nails.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Aylden tucks the parchment map into his belt-pouch before speaking up.

"There is one thing that is perhaps best said away from the common folk's ears. When we arrived at the city's gates earlier this afternoon we were met by two men who introduced themselves as city guardsmen. They named themselves Carl Tinderhaul and Percy, though when I mentioned them to Salvana she said she knew of no guards by those names."

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    What brazon acts of...Lord Padraig, there are spies infiltrating your very town and operating in the open. I do no know who gaurds you at night, but you may wish to sleep with one eye open from now on.

Azulan's mind reeled from the recent events. He had just been here, how could an assassin operate like this unseen. And the door gaurds, how did he not notice their rude behavior for what it was...

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Lord Padraig listened patiently to the story about Carl and Percy, taking careful account of their appearances and mannerisms.

The party made their way back to the inn and joined in the lord's feast. Strangely, Roscoe excused himself early and made his way across the village to the townhouse that had been prepared for them. The rest of the party stayed in the inn to enjoy the feast a little while longer.
    Sorry Light, can't go home yet! Very soon... very soon.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Late into the night, the party finally heads back to their townhouse across the village. They discuss the events of the day as they pass row after row of quaint, brick homes. Up ahead, a large home has its lights completey doused, including the small lanterns set up along the path. Aylden and Sariela recognize it as the house Lord Padraig described, but they can't quite make out the address marker in this light.

As the party approaches, a fallen, bloody body appears just outside the door to the house. You can't quite identify it in this light and at this distance. Two figures walk out of the bushes on either side of the path and stand with their arms crossed.

"It didn't have to be like this," says one, dressed in full plate armour.

"Oh come now, Carl," says the other. "It was always going to be like this. It was just a matter of time."

You recognize the pair as Carl and Percy, the impostor guards from this afternoon. They have shed their stolen insignias and are now dressed in full plate mail and carrying halberds. They take a defensive pose.

"Let's get this over with," says Carl.
    The entire area is lit only by the moon at the moment (dim light).

ROLL INITIATIVE!

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Pulling her greatsword off her back, Sariela glares at the two impostors.

"I'm not sure who you are, or who sent you, but one thing I am sure of is you've signed your own death warrants. I'll get the answers to my questions from you, one way or the other."
    Initiative! (1d20=11)

Also, I don't think we ever figured out who had the healing potion? I'll take it if nobody minds.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    "Try to take them alive, I'm sure Lord Padraig will be interested in meeting these two!"

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I've gone ahead and rolled Aylden's initiative, as Lightrider has told me he'll be out all day today.

1d20+2=12

Not amazing.. but I originally rolled a fucking 1.. and I couldn't do that to him.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gavin, quick as a snake, noticed the two assailants before anyone else. Grinning, he prepared himself for the fight ahead. He had the advantage in the dark, and he'll be damned if he let's anything like the debacle with the dwarves happen.
    Initiative: 1d20+4=22 Hell yeah. And go ahead and take the potion, I'm fine without it.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Round 1 - Another ambush... fantastic!

Map
    round1at.jpg

STATUS

Initiative

Gavin (22)
    Bandit 1 (BD1) (18)
    Bandit 2 (BD2) (18)
    Aylden (16)
    Percy (15)
    Carl (15)
    Sariella (13)
    Azulan (12)
    Archer (5)
    Stat Blocks

Gavin HP 22/22
    Azulan HP 29/31
    Sariela HP 28/28
    Aylden HP 24/24

Bandit 1 (BD1) : 37/37 HP, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12
    Bandit 2 (BD2) : 37/37 HP, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12
    Percy : 40/40 HP, AC 15, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 18
    Carl : 55/55 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 10
    Archer: 32/32 HP, AC 15, Fort 11, Ref 13, Will 12

Notes

The triangle symbol on the bushes indicates difficult terrain. These are heavy bushes and provide light cover (-2) while standing in them. Treat all other areas as normal, including the tree on the left (You're simple standing under it when on those tiles.

Of special note in this encounter are the roof tops. All creatures take a -2 penalty when trying to hit creatures on the roof tops from the ground, unless that creature is on the very edge of the roof.

In order to climb onto the roof, refer to this diagram for DC Athletics checks at various points. Getting up ont the roof costs two movement points (like difficult terrain.) Once you are on the roof, it counts as regular terrain. Please refer to the spoiler below for some explained rules on what happens when you fail a skill check while climbing onto the roofs

You can move up onto the small stairway to the south by simply moving into either tile of that stairway.
    While climbing:

Fail by 4 or less: You lose the rest of that move action but you do not fall. You can try again as part of a new move action.

Fail by 5 or more: You fall prone and lose the rest of your move action and take 1d10 damage.

Note: If you are trained in Acrobatics you can reduce falling damage as a free action--make an Acro check and reduce the damage by half your check (round down).

You can also attempt to "Catch Hold" as you are falling, which would be an Athletics DC 20 check.

As the party prepares for battle with the two impostor guards, an elf bandit drops down from the tree top behind Carl and Percy. From the roof to the left, footsteps clunk across clay tiles.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You have me and Azulan switched in the initiative order list.

Also are we approaching from the south or the north?

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Where are we on this map, at the red dot?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oops! Your layers were hidden.

Also, thus continues my mixing up of Azulan and Aylden.

And that red dot is the unidentified body you've happened across.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also, I take it Roscoe is MIA?

Rius on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    Also, I take it Roscoe is MIA?
    Roscoe went to bed earlier.. must have been something in the boar I think.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Did we get a short rest btw? I need to reset my sheet.

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gavin darts forward, drawing forth a single shurkein as he runs. He reached the edge of the roof, and using the assistance of a smaller shed he easily pulled himself up. When he reached the top, he spied a bandit standing in front of him nonchalant as could be. Drawing his arm back, he flung the star forward with all his might and connected, grazing the bandit's chest. Looks like this fight might turn out a bit differently then the last one.
    Minor Action: Draw shurkein
    Move to I1 and climb up to H1. Athletics check: 1d20+8=15
    Standard ranged attack using shurkein against BD2, 1d20+7=24
    Damage=1d5+4=5 Bandit 2 is now at 32 health.

Next up, Bandits!

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I believe you guys had taken a short rest after the first encounter, no? If you didn't take that time to use healing surges, go for it. You did not, however, take an extended rest.. so your dailies, action points, and healing surges are not restored.

Also, I'm away from home at the moment so I won't be able to take the turns for the bandits--I forgot to host their stat blocks online for myself. I'll likely take their turns in a few hours.

I'm running my IRL game right now.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    As Gavin's shuriken scrapes the bandit's chest, he lunges at the halfling. He brings his mace down on the rogue but barely causes any damage. At the last moment, he tumbles deftly out of the way.

After dropping from the tree, the other bandit springs up and charges at the party, bringing his mace down hard on Sariela who is unable to dodge the blow.
    Bandit 2
    Move: E2 to G1
    Standard: Mace attack on Gavin (1d20+4 vs AC = 20): Hit, dealing 3 damage.
    Special: Shifts 1 square (to F0) as part of his attack

Bandit 1
    Move & Standard: Charges Sariela (ends up at J3)
    (1d20+4+1 = 20): Hit, dealing 5 damage.

Next up, Aylden!

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Aylden quickly ducks around the charging bandit to the cover of the nearby house. Raising his hands in prayer to his goddess the moonlight seems to intensify around him and swirling silver energy surrounds both his allies and their attackers.

Around his allies the energy slowly sinks into their wounds, closing cuts and healing bruises. The bandit on the rooftop is momentarily distracted by the swirling energy and can't fully concentrate on his attacks, though the others seem unaffected.

Move: to I3 (Provokes an opportunity attack from bandit 1)
    Standard: Beacon of Hope. BoH vs Bandit 1, Bandit 2, Percy, Carl. (1d20 3=7, 1d20 3=14, 1d20 3=9, 1d20 3=4)(Wow bad rolls): Bandit 2 is hit, all others are missed.
    Minor: Draw my mace.

Bandit 2 is weakened until the end of his next turn.
    Me and my allies are healed 8 hit points, returning everybody to full hp.
    Until the end of the encounter all my powers with the 'healing' keyword heal an additional 5 hp.

Initiative

Gavin (22)
    Bandit 1 (BD1) (18)
    Bandit 2 (BD2) (18) <- Weakened until EonT
    Aylden (16)
    Percy (15)
    Carl (15)
    Sariella (13)
    Azulan (12)
    Archer (5)
    Stat Blocks

Gavin HP 22/22
    Azulan HP 31/31
    Sariela HP 28/28
    Aylden HP 24/24

Bandit 1 (BD1) : 37/37 HP, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12
    Bandit 2 (BD2) : 32/37 HP, AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12
    Percy : 40/40 HP, AC 15, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 18
    Carl : 55/55 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 10
    Archer: 32/32 HP, AC 15, Fort 11, Ref 13, Will 12

Up next: Carl and Percy.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yes, you guys are doing much better this encounter... less death so far, that's for sure.

Once again, I have forgotten to upload a copy of the monster blocks for myself, so I'm unable to take the turns for Carl and Percy.. or the OA for the bandit.

Soon.. running some errands and then I'm home.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Some quick questions. What kind of building am I on top of? What does being weakened do to my opponent? About how high up am I, and can Carl and Percy see what's going on from down there?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Some quick questions. What kind of building am I on top of? What does being weakened do to my opponent? About how high up am I, and can Carl and Percy see what's going on from down there?
    Being weakened means he deals half damage and cannot inflict ongoing damage.

As to the rest, no idea! Though I would assume that people below can see onto the roof, since we can attack people up there(though at a -2 penalty)

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The larger building you are on now is the townhouse that Lord Padraig has lent you, which you guys will use as your "home base."

I've updated this image. It now includes: DC checks for climbing, Height of the roof tops, labels on the buildings, and entry points for each building.

And anyone on the ground can presumably see and attack anyone on the roof, but the person on the roof has cover (-2) unless they are on the edge of the roof. I was going to make it a lot more complicated and have better cover on the downward slope of the roof pitch.. but that's a bit too far for a PBP game and it would halt things too much I think.

Aylden
    I'm not sure why you are expecting an OA from Bandit 1 on that turn.. you have plenty of movement to get to I3 while avoiding an OA. L3->K2->J2->I3. If for some reason you still want to get hit by an OA, let me know and I can easily do that for ya ;)

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    "This will be quick," smirks Percy as he runs toward Azulan, halberd lowered and ready to strike. At the last second, his weapon locks into the ideal position and pierces through Azulan's armour. Blood spittles out as he withdraws the halberd.

Carl, following his companion's lead, charges the cleric and finds his own sweet spot in the elf's armour.

Percy
    Standard & Move
    : Charge to J5
    (1d20+10+1=31): CRITICAL HIT!, dealing 13 damage, and Azulan is knocked Marked by Percy until Percy's EONT. (fucked up the damage dice on that roll, but it crit so it doesn't matter)

Carl
    Standard & Move:
    Charge to I4
    (1d20+10+1=24): Hit, dealing 10 damage, and Aylden is Marked by Carl until Carl's EONT.

Next up, Sariela!

Figgy on