edited April 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Bass!

Primus!

Tav on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    One of my students used STDs as an example of a database in his final exam. There's an entry for AIDS, one for herpes, one for crabs...

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    yalborap wrote: »
    Oh, I talked to cute-girl again. Got further contact info. Also found out she's a Junior, which rules out hanging out at the big celebration thing at Disneyland all the seniors will get to go to. :(

Blah. I need to find other people to talk to.

On the plus side, if you're a senior, you should (hopefully) be heading to college next year, so not only do you now have contact info for cute girl, you're a summer away from lots more cute girls who are especially likely to be well-educated and awesome.

Didn't get my stuff in in time to go this year, gonna have to wait for next.

So that's out.

I need to figure out how to do this without the crutches of school or place of employment, anyways.

yalborap on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ugh, now I have to go back to Head-Fi and read the insane babblings of those people so I can decipher the name of my next pair of headphones.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    One of my students used STDs as an example of a database in his final exam. There's an entry for AIDS, one for herpes, one for crabs...

I wonder why that's on his mind...

Poor bastard.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    I think we've tried fighting a Pirate War maybe once, back when Thomas Jefferson was in office, IIRC, and we got our asses kicked.
    "From the halls of Montezuma,
    To the shores of Tripoli..."

Yeah. We killed a bunch of them. Marines did a good job while they were there. But the bottom line is we caved to their demands and gave them a big sack of money and that means we lost.

Not that I disapprove. TJ should have just paid them to begin with.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    there is a car alarm that will not shut up outside

I'm on the 10th floor

Do you think I can hit it with a rock from up here

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I need to figure out how to do this without the crutches of school or place of employment, anyways.

What?

Why?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh, I talked to cute-girl again. Got further contact info. Also found out she's a Junior, which rules out hanging out at the big celebration thing at Disneyland all the seniors will get to go to. :(

On the plus side, if you're a senior, you should (hopefully) be heading to college next year, so not only do you now have contact info for cute girl, you're a summer away from lots more cute girls who are especially likely to be well-educated and awesome.

Didn't get my stuff in in time to go this year, gonna have to wait for next.

So that's out.

I'm trying to figure out how to meet ladies without currently going to school, and working a job with no peers. And living in a town where there is so very little to do.

It's fucking hard. I even tried that meetup website for activities and found nothing.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The other day we were discussing previous part time jobs in Chinese and the guy talking to me heard me mention a city I worked at. Since he didn't understand a good chunk of the sentence he just asked if I was born in Puyallup, but fumbled it, realized he didn't remember the whole name, and changed his question to that city, which is nei with a fourth tone, but I caught him and replied with which city which is nei in third tone and it was fucking hilarious.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I'm on the 10th floor

There are rocks lying around on the 10th floor of your building?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think we've tried fighting a Pirate War maybe once, back when Thomas Jefferson was in office, IIRC, and we got our asses kicked.

Caesar got captured by pirates when he was a young man. It was fairly common practice to ransom Roman nobles.

And he made friends with the pirates and had a jolly old time until he was ransomed.

He also memorized how to get to their hidden cove, came back with a fleet, and crucified them all.

Yeah I'm no expert on classical and Romantic stuff but it wasn't uncommon at all for a nobleman to spend a few months or years in captivity right?

Yeah, I think that's normal.

I forgot an awesome part of the story. They wanted to ransom him for like, 10 gold bars or something (talents?). And he told them they were insulting him, and they needed to ask for like 50 talents.

<3 Caesar

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Ugh, now I have to go back to Head-Fi and read the insane babblings of those people so I can decipher the name of my next pair of headphones.

I really like my Sennheiser HD595s, FWIW.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    The other day we were discussing previous part time jobs in Chinese and the guy talking to me heard me mention a city I worked at. Since he didn't understand a good chunk of the sentence he just asked if I was born in Puyallup, but fumbled it, realized he didn't remember the whole name, and changed his question to that city, which is nei with a fourth tone, but I caught him and replied with which city which is nei in third tone and it was fucking hilarious.

At least I don't feel bad about boring people with my paintball stories anymore.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Caesar got captured by pirates when he was a young man. It was fairly common practice to ransom Roman nobles.

And he made friends with the pirates and had a jolly old time until he was ransomed.

He also memorized how to get to their hidden cove, came back with a fleet, and crucified them all.

Yeah I'm no expert on classical and Romantic stuff but it wasn't uncommon at all for a nobleman to spend a few months or years in captivity right?

Yeah, I think that's normal.

I forgot an awesome part of the story. They wanted to ransom him for like, 10 gold bars or something (talents?). And he told them they were insulting him, and they needed to ask for like 50 talents.

<3 Caesar
    That is the most awesome thing I have ever heard

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

That shit's crazy.

It's all CHING CHONG WING WONG.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'm on the 10th floor

no i think i would have to go downstairs 10 floors and go outside and find a rock and then come back up 10 floors and remove the screen from the window and chuck it

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out how to meet ladies without currently going to school, and working a job with no peers. And living in a town where there is so very little to do.

It's fucking hard. I even tried that meetup website for activities and found nothing.

If I was single I would totally try out some of those online dating sites. A few of my friends have had great luck with those.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

1) Interests?

2) Region?

--

Yal: Holy crap dude, you need to make absolutely sure you can get into college as soon as possible.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

At least I don't feel bad about boring people with my paintball stories anymore.
    You still should

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

If I was single I would totally try out some of those online dating sites. A few of my friends have had great luck with those.

Likewise.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bass!

Guitar!

James on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

They have to be better than the fucking bars in this town.

I realized that I only have about 2 other single friends out of about a dozen that I hang out with regularly. The times they are a changin.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    These headphones are a bunch of assholes. I'm going to eat.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    James wrote: »
    Bass!

Guitar!

Feh...

I guess someone has to play that...thing, regrettably.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Try and find some dance classes or some coed sports like soccer or ultimate. That is a good way to meet people.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I'm on the 10th floor

no i think i would have to go downstairs 10 floors and go outside and find a rock and then come back up 10 floors and remove the screen from the window and chuck it
    Sounds like a worthwhile use of your time.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Elendil wrote: »

When the CIA decided they wanted ex-Green Beret Billy Waugh to work an operation for them in Libya, they found that he had abandoned his post-retirement job as mailman.

When they set out to track him down, they found him. In Libya. Already performing the operation they wanted him for.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I really like my Sennheiser HD595s, FWIW.

i like my turtlebeach AK-R8s [tiny]when they aren't busted cause i dropped them[/tiny]

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    These headphones are a bunch of assholes I'm going to eat.

:winky:

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

What?

Why?

Because I'm out of school in just a few weeks, am trying to go freelance instead of having a 'real' job, and even if I were to have a 'real' job and go to a fullblown four year college, that still leaves me with just the chance of a person I could get along with in my classes, dorm, or workplace. And I'd lose the first two after those 4 years anyways, thus leaving me with just able to make friends through work. And you're not supposed to date other employees to avoid shit hitting the fan even if it's not actually forbidden.

So, yeah. I need to be able to do this without school or work to rely on, because otherwise I'm weakened and my options shrink, as well as the reliability and possibility of those options.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I'm on the 10th floor

Sounds like a worthwhile use of your time.
    Get two rocks and wait for the car owner to show up

Hit him with the rock, then hit the car

Elendil on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'm on the 10th floor

oops, sorry about that. ill turn it off.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Because I'm out of school in just a few weeks, am trying to go freelance instead of having a 'real' job, and even if I were to have a 'real' job and go to a fullblown four year college, that still leaves me with just the chance of a person I could get along with in my classes, dorm, or workplace. And I'd lose the first two after those 4 years anyways, thus leaving me with just able to make friends through work. And you're not supposed to date other employees to avoid shit hitting the fan even if it's not actually forbidden.

So, yeah. I need to be able to do this without school or work to rely on, because otherwise I'm weakened and my options shrink, as well as the reliability and possibility of those options.

Dating websites!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

HAHAHAHAHAH

You make me laugh.

Especially when 12% of a college class couldn't tell you that the earth has seasons because it has a tilted axis.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited April 2009

When the CIA decided they wanted ex-Green Beret Billy Waugh to work an operation for them in Libya, they found that he had abandoned his post-retirement job as mailman.

When they set out to track him down, they found him. In Libya. Already performing the operation they wanted him for.
    Needs crucifixion

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

HAHAHAHAHAH

You make me laugh.

Especially when 12% of a college class couldn't tell you that the earth has seasons because it has a tilted axis.

...I figured that shit out when I was 12.

yalborap on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    James wrote: »
    Bass!

Guitar!

Feh...

I guess someone has to play that...thing, regrettably.

:'(

James on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Needs crucifixion

Pretty sure he crucified some commies when he was a Green Beret.

Also your mama.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Dating websites!

Under 18. Even if we ignore such limits for the moment on my part, the vast majority of people on such a site will be 18 and up.

Further, I've checked such places already, and it's surprisingly hard to find anyone decent local. :? I need to move.

yalborap on
This discussion has been closed.