Options

Mr[Chat]er

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    James wrote: »

:'(

It's cool.

I'll give you sloppy seconds on the groupies.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Definately try the dating websites. Girl I know has been dating up a storm via OkCupid.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    Especially when 12% of a college class couldn't tell you that the earth has seasons because it has a tilted axis.

...I figured that shit out when I was 12.

Yea at that point I wanted to get a gun and put down every student in that room who got that question wrong so they wouldn't procreate or infect the rest of the semi-intelligent college campus.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

:'(

It's cool.

I'll give you sloppy seconds on the groupies.

groupies are gross

James on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Under 18. Even if we ignore such limits for the moment on my part, the vast majority of people on such a site will be 18 and up.

Further, I've checked such places already, and it's surprisingly hard to find anyone decent local. :? I need to move.

Put on a fake moustache and hang out outside the local jr. highschool, leaning against the hood of your car with a six pack in the backseat.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out how to meet ladies without currently going to school, and working a job with no peers. And living in a town where there is so very little to do.

It's fucking hard. I even tried that meetup website for activities and found nothing.

1) Interests?

2) Region?

1) Many things. I don't really have specific hobbies like paintball or rock climbing. Most common social activity for me is anything with alcohol.

2) Topeka, Kansas. About an hour from KC, 20 minutes from the University of Kansas.

Shit, really I just need to head to Lawrence more often. It's a decent college town. Tons more people my age.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Because I'm out of school in just a few weeks, am trying to go freelance instead of having a 'real' job, and even if I were to have a 'real' job and go to a fullblown four year college, that still leaves me with just the chance of a person I could get along with in my classes, dorm, or workplace. And I'd lose the first two after those 4 years anyways, thus leaving me with just able to make friends through work. And you're not supposed to date other employees to avoid shit hitting the fan even if it's not actually forbidden.

So, yeah. I need to be able to do this without school or work to rely on, because otherwise I'm weakened and my options shrink, as well as the reliability and possibility of those options.

Dating websites!

Under 18. Even if we ignore such limits for the moment on my part, the vast majority of people on such a site will be 18 and up.

Further, I've checked such places already, and it's surprisingly hard to find anyone decent local. :? I need to move.
    when is your birthday man

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Definately try the dating websites. Girl I know has been dating up a storm via OkCupid.

Thats why....It is slightly harder as a guy. I have tried the dating websites and had a decent number of first dates but rarely had second dates. Then again its also possible my face scared them away.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    groupies are gross

I guess the kind of groupies a guitarist gets would be pretty gross.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Because I'm out of school in just a few weeks, am trying to go freelance instead of having a 'real' job, and even if I were to have a 'real' job and go to a fullblown four year college, that still leaves me with just the chance of a person I could get along with in my classes, dorm, or workplace. And I'd lose the first two after those 4 years anyways, thus leaving me with just able to make friends through work. And you're not supposed to date other employees to avoid shit hitting the fan even if it's not actually forbidden.

So, yeah. I need to be able to do this without school or work to rely on, because otherwise I'm weakened and my options shrink, as well as the reliability and possibility of those options.

Dating websites!

January.

yalborap on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I Love it when you tease me!
    You make it seem so easy!
    When you make my pee pee hard!
    You make my pee pee hard!
    Damn right hoe, you're so sleazy!
    You give me the heeby jeebbies!
    You make my pee pee hard!
    Girl you make my pee pee hard!:whistle:

Tav on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm trying to figure out how to meet ladies without currently going to school, and working a job with no peers. And living in a town where there is so very little to do.

It's fucking hard. I even tried that meetup website for activities and found nothing.

Try and find some dance classes or some coed sports like soccer or ultimate. That is a good way to meet people.

I've never danced and I'm not all that good at sports.

Though classes in general are a good idea. No harm in getting into dance or taking a class for something I've never done.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I've never danced and I'm not all that good at sports.

Though classes in general are a good idea. No harm in getting into dance or taking a class for something I've never done.

Take dance lessons!

I mean, shit, look at Elki!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    maaaan fishsticks :|

Only good part of that was super autotuned Kanye

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Why are you so obcessed with fishsticks today?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Dating websites!

January.
    Wait wait you just turned 17?

You were 17 before I started talking to you and that was before January so what is going on

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Dating websites!

Yeah, most of the people I've found online that interest me live 2+ hours away.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    well yes, i guess it would be harder if your town is shitty

the two people i know who have had success:

1 girl in San Diego, has gone on many dates

1 boy in Phoenix, met his wife via the website and they got married. She lived in Australia so he lives there with her now, don't know how that happened.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Dating websites!

January.
    Wait wait you just turned 17?

You were 17 before I started talking to you and that was before January so what is going on

I just turned 17 back in January, yes.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Man, I think I made this final exam too easy. I'm seeing way too many correct answers.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Richy wrote: »

Why are you so obcessed with fishsticks today?
    i'm a gay fish

wait that doesn't work out

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    1) Many things. I don't really have specific hobbies like paintball or rock climbing. Most common social activity for me is anything with alcohol.

You need to change this. Spending your time in bars only works if you make a point of being interesting or social, and there's always the risk of club drama. If you want to do things with people you need to do THINGS with PEOPLE. There needs to be some personal energy investment here.
    2) Topeka, Kansas. About an hour from KC, 20 minutes from the University of Kansas.

Shit, really I just need to head to Lawrence more often. It's a decent college town. Tons more people my age.

Yeah, traveling is great. Also builds up a whole bunch of interesting stories you can tell when you find someone to talk to. Consider doing something with your travel, too, like taking pictures.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

D:

but aren't you a senior

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Man, I think I made this final exam too easy. I'm seeing way too many correct answers.

Should've just had one question.

"What is the meaning of life?"

This works best if you're teaching a math class.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

D:

but aren't you a senior

I'm a year ahead.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

There are signs cropping up all over campus, just printed computer paper with scotch tape that says "WHAT ARE YOU LIVING FOR?"

One outside my dorm has a response written on it

"CASH MONIES

HOES"

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

D:

but aren't you a senior

I'm a year ahead.

Dude!

Take a year off to like back-pack Europe!

You will also pull mad pussy.

All you gotta do is find a girl at a bar that doesn't speak English and talk dirty into her ear until she drops her panties.

Trust.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

D:

but aren't you a senior

I'm a year ahead.
    well aren't you special

so you applied to college and all already right?

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

D:

but aren't you a senior

I'm a year ahead.

Dude!

Take a year off to like back-pack Europe!

You will also pull mad pussy.

All you gotta do is find a girl at a bar that doesn't speak English and talk dirty into her ear until she drops her panties.

Trust.

I'm gonna use a year off to take photos. Might go nuts and go to Canada or Europe or something to do it, if I can get this hobby to start producing a little cash.

yalborap on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    The other day we were discussing previous part time jobs in Chinese and the guy talking to me heard me mention a city I worked at. Since he didn't understand a good chunk of the sentence he just asked if I was born in Puyallup, but fumbled it, realized he didn't remember the whole name, and changed his question to that city, which is nei with a fourth tone, but I caught him and replied with which city which is nei in third tone and it was fucking hilarious.

At least I don't feel bad about boring people with my paintball stories anymore.
    It's brilliant if you were there and speak Chinese.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

There are signs cropping up all over campus, just printed computer paper with scotch tape that says "WHAT ARE YOU LIVING FOR?"

One outside my dorm has a response written on it

"CASH MONIES

HOES"
    You wrote that, didn't you Hakk?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009

D:

but aren't you a senior

I'm a year ahead.
    well aren't you special

so you applied to college and all already right?

Couldn't afford the application fees, and wanted to take a year off anyways.

yalborap on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The main thing that bothers me about online dating is that all of the women in my area seem to have a profile that is "I'm looking for my perfect match to come sweep me off of my feet and treat me how I deserve! If you're not looking for a serious lifelong relationship and can't handle that my kid(s) are the most important thing in my life, then don't bother."

I guess mostly I need to hurry up with my "Move to Chicago" plan.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I'm gonna use a year off to take photos. Might go nuts and go to Canada or Europe or something to do it, if I can get this hobby to start producing a little cash.

Europe.

Take tasteful nude photos.

Sell for profit back in states.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    mrflippy wrote: »
    The main thing that bothers me about online dating is that all of the women in my area seem to have a profile that is "I'm looking for my perfect match to come sweep me off of my feet and treat me how I deserve! If you're not looking for a serious lifelong relationship and can't handle that my kid(s) are the most important thing in my life, then don't bother."

It's all gangstas here. Fucking culture. :x

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The other day we were discussing previous part time jobs in Chinese and the guy talking to me heard me mention a city I worked at. Since he didn't understand a good chunk of the sentence he just asked if I was born in Puyallup, but fumbled it, realized he didn't remember the whole name, and changed his question to that city, which is nei with a fourth tone, but I caught him and replied with which city which is nei in third tone and it was fucking hilarious.

At least I don't feel bad about boring people with my paintball stories anymore.
    It's brilliant if you were there and speak Chinese.

And when I wrapped inside on the second to last knuckle on the snake and then ran the highway to get three Gs it was also brilliant, if you were there and speak paintball.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ah, some wrong answers. That makes me feel better!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009

You need to change this. Spending your time in bars only works if you make a point of being interesting or social, and there's always the risk of club drama. If you want to do things with people you need to do THINGS with PEOPLE. There needs to be some personal energy investment here.

Oh, I'm plenty social when there's an opportunity. This town is so fucking insular, though, that most of the time there are no opportunities. I hang out with friends whenever possible (I don't go to bars alone), but everyone at the bar/party is either A) Taken, B) 48-years-old, or C) Not at all my type.

If you put me around a group of strangers my age I will do fine, it's just hard to find that setting.

Yeah, traveling is great. Also builds up a whole bunch of interesting stories you can tell when you find someone to talk to. Consider doing something with your travel, too, like taking pictures.

This is true. I need to call up some Lawrence/KC friends and make plans.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    groupies are gross

I guess the kind of groupies a guitarist gets would be pretty gross.

i hate you

James on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    mrflippy wrote: »

It's all gangstas here. Fucking culture. :x
    Do I need to post a picture of what constitutes a hot guy here in Dublin? Seriously, mullets everywhere.

Tav on
This discussion has been closed.