Mr[Chat]er

1444546474850»

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    People who care about the Zelda storyline are the saddest of all

I dunno the Halo freaks are worse I think, because the people who like Halo aren't normally the kind to read anything.

I think it's pretty hilarious that there are people out there than consider the Halo universe deep.

Any depth to the universe has the ILB radio dramas to thank.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »

I dunno the Halo freaks are worse I think, because the people who like Halo aren't normally the kind to read anything.

Is there a Halo storyline?

Yeah, there are books and everything.

:|

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I think it's pretty hilarious that there are people out there than consider the Halo universe deep.

Well for a lot of these guys this was their exposure to science fiction. Honestly Halo was their entry point.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't buy the notion of a Zelda timeline. It's just multiple takes on the same story, most of them cool in their own way. The handful of sequels are beneath me.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2009
    200px-Save_the_tiger.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Well for a lot of these guys this was their exposure to science fiction. Honestly Halo was their entry point.

It's a shame. I kinda don't want them in my fandom.

Ludious on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Halo has a decent story for an FPS.

And Bungie does have a reputation for like, hidden depth and secrets in there stories from Marathon or whatever, right?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    HEY GUYS, I'M BACK! ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT JERKING IT?!
    No we finished. Nobody's gonna bring it up again for at least half an hour or so.

Bama on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

:cry:

Leitner on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Chapter One: Vyer's Castle
    Chapter Two: The Frozen River
    Chapter Three: Dinero Palace
    Chapter Four: Cave of Ordeals 3
    Chapter Five: Cave of Ordeals 3
    Chapter Six: Cave of Ordeals 3
    Chapter Seven: Cave of Ordeals 3
    Chapter Eight: Cave of Ordeals 3
    hahahaha you totally clicked on this!
    Chapter One Hundred and Eleven: Cave of Ordeals 3

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Asimov was my entry point

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I suspect there is a [chat] next post but I don't want it

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    I suspect there is a [chat] next post but I don't want it

Too bad it's yours.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    20041117h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    Misbehaving with a game's physics system is one of life's great pleasures. Don't think about the domination of your species by hostile aliens and their earthly commissars for a little while. Take a moment to hit someone you don't know with a box of delicious chow mein! Smash your downtrodden fellow man with a glass jug. You'll thank me later.

Managing the role of expectation on a title - or, indeed, discerning when that expectation is present to the degree that it fouls the experience - can be a huge problem. A regular game costs fifty dollars, give or take. Steel Battalion ran two hundred dollars when it was first released - if it is not four times as fun as a mortal game, can it be said to have failed? Daikatana had many elaborate matrices of expectation ensconcing it, that's a topic all by itself, but the fact that it gestated for four years before release had already signaled the carrion birds.

So what are we to think about a game that has cooked for six years - slow roasting, by any man's reckoning. In this company, I don't even need to name it. A game whose arrival is inextricable with its unique delivery method and whose launch was predated by the already mature development suite used to create it. The forum threads typically have an air of hostile reverence, like subjects discussing a mighty (but absent) sovereign.

I suppose we are lucky, then, that we needn't spend a lot of time wringing our hands about whether or not the game is good. It is good. It's so good that no less than three times I have set this post aside for a few more moments in it. Oh, that's right - I game on the PC because while consoles tend to offer a more elegant experience, the personal computer can deliver worlds of such fidelity and verisimilitude that I can, in communion with it, go somewhere entirely else.

Apparently people who bought it at retail had some trouble getting their copies running right, it was fixed shortly thereafter. I'm given to understand that people who ride horses to work or in other ways live their lives discordant with science and reason also suffer because of their strict adherence to anachronism. Get with the fucking program. Stop mixing those specious folk remedies and download your games directly from the Intertron.

Also, Penny Arcade turns six today. I can think of no better way to celebrate this momentous occasion than to buy a cool toy - something you'd want yourself - for a young person who could use some cheering up right now.

(CW)TB out.

you need a montage

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.