As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Protean [chat]

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    By the time I watch Arrested Development I'm gonna already have heard all of the jokes!

No, honestly, I'll probably forget all of this.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    also, all of the jokes involving mrf

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I would say the moment it became clear that G.O.B. was an acronym was when I realized this show was the best tv program ever conceived.

Hachface on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hachface wrote: »
    I would say the moment it became clear that G.O.B. was an acronym was when I realized this show was the best tv program ever conceived.

and not just because he's named for his father and his uncle.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    By the time I watch Arrested Development I'm gonna already have heard all of the jokes!

just watch it. right now, on hulu. I don't even have to offer to lend it to you.

Variable on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hachface wrote: »

Steve Holt!

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Franklin Delano Bluth doggs

it ain't easy being white

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I should really start actually exploring the Seattle nightlife soon.

I've been here for a few weeks and the only new connection that isn't just friends/family of my cousin that I've ended up making was in Utah.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Variable wrote: »

just watch it. right now, on hulu. I don't even have to offer to lend it to you.

All of it is on Hulu?

I can't right now, because I'm using my phone as a modem, but I'll watch some tomorrow night. I have Monday off, too!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Cenj, if all of this is inevitable, why not get in on the ground floor? We can be the first to release work in the new genre "transanimal development emotional-drama".

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I got like 10 episodes in and I wasn't having a good enough time to continue

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    also every joke ever involving hot cops

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I got like 10 episodes in and I wasn't having a good enough time to continue

that's because it wasn't written by the mountain goats or any other 90's alternative band

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The really amazing thing is that there wasn't a single bad episode. No other show I know of can say that.

I'm almost grateful it got canceled when it did. Now it will forever be remembered as a glittering diamond of comedic genius.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Cenj, if all of this is inevitable, why not get in on the ground floor? We can be the first to release work in the new genre "transanimal development emotional-drama".

There was a time when I tried to fix furry, actually, because I used to have a few anthro characters in my portfolio. I even started a decent-sized yahoo group on it that lasted for a few years, "Dignified Furry."

Then I realized that fuck it furry-type characters are like 1% of what I draw I have bigger fish to murder.

Also, furry is already and pretty much has always been part of society. The fandom is like a periodically emergant thing.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    pods how many beats per minute in arrested development?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Bob Loblaw Lobs Law Bomb

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    pods how many beats per minute in arrested development?

all of them

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Arrested Development hits all beats simultaneously?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    also, the episode with the cabin, and the son being abandoned by the father figure

amazing

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Her?

Cinders on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Bob Loblaw Lobs Law Bomb

*blog

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

in one fell swoop

also, did you dudes know that "steal my thunder" comes from an actual person accusing someone of stealing thunder? Apparently some stage manager was well known for his ability to create thunder sounds, and when some other dude figured it out he said "I will not let him steal my thunder!"

awesome

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    fucking hell... just spend 4 hours with a friend trying to figure out 1 question on this problem set... 0 distractions... we made basically 0 progress.
    fuck, why did i take this hard class

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited April 2009

in one fell swoop

also, did you dudes know that "steal my thunder" comes from an actual person accusing someone of stealing thunder? Apparently some stage manager was well known for his ability to create thunder sounds, and when some other dude figured it out he said "I will not let him steal my thunder!"

awesome

I would rather pretend that Zeus was robbed by Prometheus and then later Prometheus crept into Hera's bedroom but because it was dark she could not see who it was. Prometheus deceived her into thinking it was Zeus by using the thunder he stole and then he had hot sex with Hera all night long.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm sorely tempted to commit a writing sin and just make a fictionalized version of myself as a main character. This fact makes me sad.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    but where did the lighter fluid come from?

Variable on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I'm sorely tempted to commit a writing sin and just make a fictionalized version of myself as a main character. This fact makes me sad.

I can't think of anything that surprises me less than this.

you should just sit back and watch arrested development.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    but where did the lighter fluid come from?

Stork.

--

I don't like watching comedy alone.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Bob Loblaw Lobs Law Bomb

*blog

No, the Bob Loblaw Law Blog is mentioned in a different line

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why exactly is it bad to write yourself as a main character? I mean..as long as you're an interesting person.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    3rd youngest studio executive

Variable on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

in one fell swoop

awesome

I would rather pretend that Zeus was robbed by Prometheus and then later Prometheus crept into Hera's bedroom but because it was dark she could not see who it was. Prometheus deceived her into thinking it was Zeus by using the thunder he stole and then he had hot sex with Hera all night long.

Was he in swan form?

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Why exactly is it bad to write yourself as a main character? I mean..as long as you're an interesting person.

because you aren't

Variable on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Cinders wrote: »

in one fell swoop

awesome

Was he in swan form?

Whatever you want, man.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

"Interesting" is pretty meaningless when it comes to writing about people. All people are interesting. The general rule about not writing about yourself is that it is much easier to write about yourself than to write about other people for most. But then you just end up writing about your story forever, and you go nowhere with it.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2009

It's really hard not to Mary-Sue yourself.

Also a very large number of writers are horribly boring people.

It is also very lazy.

On the other hand, my personality was developed as a fictional character before I modeled myself after it so it's kind of chicken and egg.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    god I wish I had some whiskey in my place

I'm in the mood for a drink right now

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

because you aren't

I'm also not a writer. You're not very interesting either, if we're showing our hands.

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.