Options

There's something in the sea

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You should know that you just shouldn't go to the ocean.

Problem solved. Now all you have to worry about is global warming, terrorism, and the global economic recession.

"Everything's going to be juuust fine. Go upstairs and pack your bags! We're going to start a new life, under the sea."

Anyway if you stay on the beach the Russkies'll get you when they invade.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Look, if they can get the man power to land on Long Beach, they can fucking have it.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    drowning just seems like a pretty horrible death

i don't know if i'd rather drown or burn to death though

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

You don't know if you'd rather have several horrible minutes of no breathing before you go unconscious, or experience the unparalelled agony of being on fire until you either go unconscious from sheer pain or your body ceases functioning?

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    in a house fire or something you usually go unconscious from the smoke first, so that could help

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »

You don't know if you'd rather have several horrible minutes of no breathing before you go unconscious, or experience the unparalelled agony of being on fire until you either go unconscious from sheer pain or your body ceases functioning?

i don't know if i want to spend 3 minutes, at the bottom of a vast, dark body of water, alone while everything slowly fades to black, my lungs burning as i involuntarily inhale water, or if i want to spend 3 minutes running around, trying to scream but inhaling only flames, comforted perhaps to some degree by the crowd that has doubtless formed around me to watch my final moments

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If those are the fish or the beef choices, I think I'd like to opt for the vegetarian meal.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

i don't know if i want to spend 3 minutes, at the bottom of a vast, dark body of water, alone while everything slowly fades to black, my lungs burning as i involuntarily inhale water, or if i want to spend 3 minutes running around, trying to scream but inhaling only flames, comforted perhaps to some degree by the crowd that has doubtless formed around me to watch my final moments

death by puppies smothering you

a pile of puppies

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    death by ass man vs breast man thread

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

someone on these forums somewhere said the other day that you actually inhale a very small amount of water in drowning because you have a reflex to shut off your lungs in case you manage to get back out of the water, so most of the water goes into your stomach and you asphyxiate like you would getting choked.

I also think fear of the sea is kind of like why people buy lottery tickets: you have a tiny chance of winning, but the reward if you do win is huge. You've got a pretty small chance to drown, but the thought of it is terrible enough to make a lot of people not want to go there.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    When you put it that way, it's like I've been winning the lottery all of my life!

You make me feel better about being extra po' for years and years.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    why do people hate on halo so much

the actual game is pretty subpar but the multiplayer in 3 specifically is retardedly fun when played with the right people

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    i like the ocean and boats and shit i am not afraid of the water at all. i just really don't want to drown, as a general thing

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I like boats on lakes and just off the coast, there's just something about not being able to see the shore that really unnerves me

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    i really like being that far out on the ocean.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kusuguttai wrote: »

the actual game is pretty subpar but the multiplayer in 3 specifically is retardedly fun when played with the right people
    the co-op absolutely made that game. I think one of the PA podcasts specifically mentions this but the Halo singleplayer is a game I would have never played, but the co-op has produced some of the most fun moments in gaming for me.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Bungie couldn't do a good SP campaign to save their life. The multiplayer is the tits though.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i really like being that far out on the ocean.

I think this would be an awesome feeling
    unfortunately even in lakes, when i am in deep water there is always a giant monster underwater

RubberAC on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Whoa hey I just noticed this thread

this looks pretty damn cool

though I noticed that being underwater slowly drains your EVE which looks like bullshit

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also I love this website

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    is there any secret fancy clicky stuff on it, or is it all just the articles?

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I checked it pretty thoroughly and couldn't find anything secret. But who knows, I may have missed something.

But I am very upset that they stopped updating.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I checked it pretty thoroughly and couldn't find anything secret. But who knows, I may have missed something.

How long has it been up? This is the first time I've seen it

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

the fans

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

How long has it been up? This is the first time I've seen it

It's been up since like late February or early March.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    man, it ain't revolutionary but i dig me some halo universe

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I liked Halo's story

I know there was basically nothing particularly unique about it but I just loved watching events unfold

plus all the little hints and secrets about the Forerunner culture were really fun to ponder over

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Perhaps I should rephrase. I can understand intellectually, it's just so completely opposite my own feelings that I have trouble wrapping my mind around it.

You know, like that friend who has always loved ______ and keeps staring blankly when you try to explain why you don't care. I am that annoying pushy friend in this scenario.
    word

the ocean is only scary if you're not used to it
    if you understand the ocean, you have a good sense of what not to do and realize that most of the shit people are afraid of will usually ignore you or is extremely improbable for you to encounter, if not outright mythological

dru

I have had survival training, marine biology classes, and been on the ocean for extended lengths of time

I know what goes on down there

I know how to avoid many problems and understand it very well

I am fucking terrified of the ocean

absolutely fucking terrified

sometimes, fear is not rational

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I hear there may be underwater wollfmen, so I mean what. what the fuck is that shit?!

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    druhim just has fond memories of living in the ocean

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

the fans

have you seen some of the fans of the penny arcade comic

hating something because some of the fans are gibbering idiots is a stupid, stupid thing to do.

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

the fans

hating something because some of the fans are gibbering idiots is a stupid, stupid thing to do.

Yeah, I know. It still IS a reason some people hate Halo.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    anyone who thinks that is themselves stupid

though admittedly not as stupid as some of the fans of halo

like when you're playing 2v2 and the other two guys literally just find exploits in the map and hide there after they kill you once for the entire fucking round so instead of winning by being the first team to 25, they win by being fucking pussies

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »

i think it's all articles, but they're pretty neat! i love viral stuff

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    oh man i hadn't read the website since it started

going through all this new stuff is awesome and gives me high hopes for this game

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Halo is fun as hell playing with other people.

I remember playing on the final level and telling my friend in the gunner seat not to shoot the big exploding flood, which he did anyway and sent us into a massive barrel roll through time and space

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »

i think it's all articles, but they're pretty neat! i love viral stuff

Have you seen the District 9 Viral stuff?

That is some crazy-assed viral shit right there

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    the level where you rescue cortana in halo 3 is the most horse shit thing in the history of horse shit
    I swear I am the only person who didn't seem to have much problem with this level though The Flood are pure horse shit.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    i didnt have a problem with that level either

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

the fans

Yeah, I know. It still IS a reason some people hate Halo.
    Putting a headset on while playing Halo is probably the worst thing you can do.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]