As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Voting Thread: Brackets 7 & 8

Doctor DoomDoctor Doom Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Graphic Violence
This is the voting thread for brackets 7 & 8 of the tournament. Please put your votes only, along with a comment on why you feel they would win. Votes will be tallied up in 48 hours. Please leave any side comments in the pre fight debate threads.

Doctor Doom on

• Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:

a) Doom - No contest. He's Doom, and Bizarro is functionally retarded. It's only a matter of how messy the clean up is going to be.
    b) Poisson Ivy - A close match, but Central Park just favors Ivy too much.
    c) Mystique - Debatable who's a better fighter, but Mystique wins the guile and coldblooded factors.
    d) Electro - Sportsmaster is just sad. Electro may get prison raped, but it just means he has more frustration to work out here.

Bracket 8:

a) Spot - Toss up, but I think Spot's unpredictability gives him a slight edge.
    b) Nimrod - He's the insane pink robot of death that beats the crap out of whole teams of X-men at a time. Also, fuck anything having to do with DC and speedsters.
    c) Mysterio - Two-Face is a badass, but not very subtle. Mysterio will screw with his head for awhile, then kill him.
    d) Abomination - He's a genius Hulk. Metallo has his moment, but he's not winning that fight.

werehippy on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    7:

DOOM- Too smart to lose.
    Ivy - She'll dominate when there are plants.
    Mystique - Outclasses Ragdoll on pretty much every level.
    Electro - I... just kinda always liked him.

8:

M.o.d.o.k. - He's awesome.
    Nimrod - Can adapt quickly, and never gets tired.
    Mysterio - Two Face needs goons to be effective. He's more of a gangster.
    Abomination - Hulk strongest there is. The Abomination not so much, but I think he could take Metallo.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:

A. Doctor Doom - Yes Bizarro is stronger. Doom will fuck around and banish him to Norse Hell or something. He's got crazy powers like that.
    B. Doctor Octopus - His tentacles can fuck up the stupid plant life and then punch a hole in that dumb bitch's spleen
    C. Mystique - Ragdoll strikes me as being kind of mentally unstable. I think a shapeshifter could take advantage of that.
    D. Electro - Well, I'd like to say this is an easy decision, but Electro IS dumb enough to lose this fight. However, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Bracket 8:

A. MODOK - As much as I love The Spot, he gets killed about 15 times a day.
    B. Nimrod - I like to think he can emulate Zoom's powers with his time traveling abilities. And if he can, then he'll just shoot him.
    C. Mysterio - Two-Face is messed up, and Mysterio will mess him up more.
    D. Metallo - He's a big robot guy. I think he just has more stamina than Abomination.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    7:
    A: Doom. Because he's Dr. Freaking Doom God Dammit.
    B: Doc Ock. Unless Ivy throws some RUDE vines at Doc's tentacles, he ain't even gonna slow down.
    C: Mystique. He limited shapeshifting gives her an edge.
    D: Electro. Less lame than Sportsmaster, who could be cool if he didn't wear a GOLF OUTFIT.

8:
    A: MODOK. FLOATING HEAD MAN FUCK DOT MAN UP PROPER
    B: Nimrod. Somehow, I think he'd be capable of outlasting Zoom.
    C: Mysterio. Cap'n Fishbowl beats Acidface, film at eleven.
    D: Abomination. He's basically Smart Demon Hulk. That is three kinds of terrifying in one package.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    7:
    A. Doom. Doom has magic, magic > Supes clones.
    B. Poison Ivy. This is the first time in either tournament I'm letting hotness sway my vote. Boobs! And I know Ock will be thinking the same thing.
    C. Mystique. Has every advantage.
    D. Electro. How lame is sportsman to be lamer than Electro?

8:
    A. MODOK. He's a giant head!
    B. Nimrod. Because damn, I hate me some Flashes.
    C. Mysterio. His tricks > guns and a coin.
    D. Abomination. I'm honestly not sure where Metallo is at powerwise, but Abom's at Hulk level...you don't get much higher than that.

Scooter on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:
    a) Doom. Bizzaro may be technically stronger, but Doom's smarts have overcome superior opponents many times- and Bizzaro's not much in the brains department.
    b) Doc Ock. Man, Central Park makes it a close match, but Octavius' limbs are REALLY strong, and despite the believe of many nerds, biotech isn't the end-all wank.
    c) Mystique. She's a much better fighter, and won't hesitate.
    d) Electro. No way he's gonna go down to some pansy in freaking golf pants.

Bracket 8:
    a) Spot. MODOK is a deadly opponent, but human ingenuity can always suprise those who rely too much on probability.
    b) Zoom. He seems a bit wankish to me, but I don't know how Nimrod could really take him down.
    c) Mysterio. Two-Face can't really do all that much without support- Mysterio's at least capable of tangling with metahumans by himself.
    d) Abomination. He's very smart, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the radiation from the Kryptonite would probably make him even stronger than usual.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7
    a) Doom: Could easily get Bizzaro to forfeit or something with the right suggestions.
    b) Ivy: Central Park? Man Ock is fucked.
    c) Mystique: Way too many ways she could win here
    d) Electro: They both may be lame but Electro is...less lame?

Bracket 8
    a)MODOK!: Will melt Spot with his mind...blasts
    b) Nimrod: He's a supercomputer, he'll figure out a way to beat Zoom easily.
    c) Mysterio: Two face is just some guy with a gun.
    d) Abomination: If he can go toe to toe with the Hulk he can take care of Metallo easily.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7
    a) Doom: DOOM
    b) Doc Ock: Dude can take a punch from Invincible. He's tougher than you think.
    c) Mystique: The crowded streets give her the win
    d) Electro: Fenway is going to help him out a lot.

Bracket 8
    a)M.O.D.O.K.: The "K" is for "killing."
    b) Nimrod: Zoom's just a guy that can slow time. He's going to break his hand trying to punch Nimrod.
    c) Two-Face: Mysterio needs to be able to set up a plan to be effective. No good in a real fight.
    d) Abomination: Metallo's thing is he beats superman with Kryptonite. I don't think that'll help here.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Eliot DuboisEliot Dubois Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7
    A:Doom:Bizarro no lose to Doom!
    B:Poison Ivy:Hair cut, because otherwise its just too close to call
    C:Mystique:Big Girl in the Big City of much guns
    D:Electro:Someone is going into the Citgo sign, and it ain't Electro.

Bracket 8
    A:Spot:Just because
    B:Nimrod:Time dickery+defenses+uncrunkability >Super Time Fuckery
    C:Two-Face:Gun>Fish Bowl, home turf be damned!
    D:Metallo:Because he's better than metal.

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7
    A. Doom - Like i said before, he'd just trick Bizarro into thinking Odin was his opponent.
    B. Doc Ock - Those arms are really fucking resilient, and it'll take alot of vines to stop them.
    C. Mystique - I like Ragdoll better, but Mystique's shapeshifting gives her an incredible advantage in this fight.
    D. Electro - As lame as he is, he's also really friggin powerful. Sportsmaster doesn't stand a chance.

Bracket 8
    A. M.O.D.O.K. - Because it's frickin M.O.D.O.K.
    B. Nimrod - Always loved the name, and he's capable of taking out entire squads of mutants by himself. I think he's pretty well adapted to this fight.
    C. Mysterio - Not only is he in his natural environment, he's fighting an opponent that really has no physical or mental advantage over him.
    D. Abomination - Equivalent to "HULK SMASH PUNY TIN CAN!" only more brains.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:
    a) Doom - Possibly the smartest guy in the MU next to Richards. Plus, theres the magic
    b) Poison Ivy - Woulda gone the other way without the homefield advantage imo
    c) Mystique - She'd be able to ambush the other guy easily in that environment
    d) Electro - Sportsmaster? ...are you serious?

Bracket 8:
    a) MODOK - Got taken out by squirrel girl... but spot is no squirrel girl. FEAR THE GIANT HEAD!
    b) Nimrod - I predict that zoom dies of old age trying to completely destroy nimrod... or something
    c) Mysterio - Mysterio's whole bit is messing with people's heads and movie tricks. Everything about this match plays to his strengths. He'll win
    d) Abomination - Abomination wins, but then has to pay a fine for not recycling metallo.

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:

A- Bizarro: He's extremely fucking powerful, and there's not much Doom can do to him besides sorcery, which he isn't a great expert at and which he doesn't even use in general.
    B- Poison Ivy: Doc Ock is not able to withstand Ivy's charms.
    C- Mystique: She has a huge stealth advantage.
    D- Electro: Zap, Sportsmaster is dead.

Bracket 8:

A- MODOK: Yeah, really fucking smart and powerful.
    B- ZOOM: There is nothing Nimrod can do to Zoom. This is fact. All who disagree are WRONG. NIMROD CAN NOT EMULATE ZOOM'S SPEED. NIMROD'S TIME TRAVEL DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. ZOOM OUTRUNS THE FLASH. SUPERCOMPUTERS CANNOT BEAT THAT. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. And Zoom would not break his hands trying to punch Nimrod, because he can hit him hard enough to not break anythign while still hitting him enough times to desintegrate him. ALSO THEY ARE IN THE FLASH MUSEUM. ZOOM KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PLACE. IT HAS WEAPONS.
    C- Mysterio: He has crazy stealth mindfuck stuff. Yeah.
    D- Metallo: Sure, Abomnination can go toe-to-toe with Hulk. Until he gets his ass beat. Metallo, however, goes toe-to-toe with Superman, even without the use of his kryptonite heart. That beats the Abomination any day.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    OllieQBDOllieQBD Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:

Bizarro: It's Superman you guys, it's SUperman backwards, freezes Doom with Ice Eye Beams

Poison Ivy: In Central Park without Preparation Doc is a little out of his league

Mystique: much more versitile

Sportmaster: Everyone can beat up Electro, Everyone

Bracket 8:

MODOK: When you are designed only for killing, I assume you do it rater well

Zoom: honestly if you put anything else down here your a fucking moron.

Mysterio: All kinds of crazy stuff he can do to Two Face, Harvey is just some dude with a gun, Mysterio can at least top that

Abomination: Does throwing your opponent into space still count as a viable option this time around?

OllieQBD on
    1156405867520.jpg
  • Options
    RaptoriaRaptoria Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7
    Match A: Doctor Doom - I don't get the love for Doom, but i'm sure he can beat Bizarro.
    Match B: Poison Ivy - Ock's a guy, so pheromones are going to affect him, and the entire park is like on ebig playground for Ivy.
    Match C: Mystique - Better fighter, and her shapeshifting could really come in handy in Baghdad.
    d) Electro. Both are losers, but at least Electro has powers that can actually be useful in combat.

Bracket 8
    Match A: Spot - I never knew MODOK could calculate probabilty.. I thought he was just a floating head with a funky helmet. Either way, i'm sure spots teleporting holes could take him.
    Match B: Zoom. Speedsters aren't really my thing, but Zoom can run circles around Nimrod. Litterall.
    Match C: Mysterio - Two Face is just a district attorney with two faces, not much fighting skills.
    Match D: Abomination. He's smart, pretty damn strong and i'm sure he can pick that robot apart.

Raptoria on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sev-un

A.Doom. He fought Galactus with ICBMs, found it didn't work, went back and upped the megatonage. Win.
    B.Ivy. Central Park in her favor.
    C.Mystique. Organ displacement and greater skill let her clench it.
    D.Electro. The dude blew up a car full of kids just to prove a goddamned point.

Ate.

A. MOOOOOOOODOOOOOOK. He was designed only for killing.
    B.Zoom. Seriously, he's got the upper hand here, both knowledge and speed.
    C.Mysterio. Go Go Gadget Date Rape Gas.
    D.Abomination. He's fucking ripped and can carry on a conversation. The real question is Ron Pearlman or Malcom McDowell?

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:

a) Bizarro -- Reverse superman? I guess that should be enough to win.
    b) Poison Ivy -- Central Park is a wonderland for her.
    c) Mystique -- Tricksey.
    d) Electro -- Sportsmaster does not seem cool.

Bracket 8:

a) Spot -- I love him a little bit.
    b) Zoom -- Even though this is not the Zoom I nominated, he is still very awesome and would win.
    c) Mysterio -- Two-Face is just a guy with a gun? If that was enough to axe Joker earlier, Two-Face is out.
    d) Abomination -- Soviet spy Hulk, comrades.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    exitexit Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    bracket 7

1. Doctor Doom: Because I'm afraid he'll kill those who vote against him
    2. Poison Ivy: Her charms, and if not that, vine tentacle rape.
    3. Mystique: Shapeshifting advantage, good fighter, cold ass woman.
    3. Electro: piiiiKA-PI

bracket 8

1. MODOK: Because HEAD
    2. Zoom: I hate speediness, but I can't vote against it here.
    3. Mysterio: tricksy hobbitses, etc etc
    4. Abomination:: Big strong smash

exit on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Fight 7

A - Doom: Doom - "Bizarro - drop from the tournament and I will make you the true opposite of Superman!"
    Bizzaro - "Uuuhhhh.... kay."
    After the tournament, Doom works diligently to turn Bizzaro into the true opposite of Superman. With extensive gene therapy, Bizzaro is altered into a scrawny old black woman. In addition to his/her alteration, he/she is now invulnerable to only Kryponite and super weak (while keeping all other abilities).
    Bizzaro - "Wow! Th..."
    Doom produces his Mauser and shoots Bizzaro in the head. BAM!
    Doom - "Idiot."
    B - Ivy: She has potential to win all of this if given the right environment.
    C - Mystique: Experience and skill will be the key to her winning.
    D - Electro: Electro sends a massive arc of lightning when Sportsmaster tries to swing at him with his bat and causes the lights to shatter in the park (all to the theme of The Natural).

Fight 8
    A - MODOK: Even though much of his psionic powers will not be available to him during the fight, since he was designed to solely kill, he should be able to defeat Spot.
    B - Nimrod: Nimrod has dealt with mutants that had the ability to jump in time (Cable, Bishop, possible others), as well as speedsters (Quicksilver, possible others). Add to this near invulnerability, a regenerating frame and circuitry, and a super-computer from the future that adapts itself to best nullify and counter the abilities of its target. Zoom's not that bright -- he's not going to win against that even with his abilities.
    C - Two-Face: Dent has received training from Batman in combat and other abilities necessary to combat all kinds of opponents during the One Year Later storyline. Granted, he's not a master combatant, but to say he's just proficient is crazy talk. And that's saying nothing about his willingness to just plain shoot and kill you. Dark Batman Light > Mysterio
    D - Abomination: After a short time scrapping Metallo, Emil reaches in and pulls out the kryponite powercore. Too bad he's not weak against it or there might of been a problem.

Slagmire on
  • Options
    CircularCircular Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Round 7:

A: Doom (Doom's suit may only be able to take one punch from Bizarro, but I suspect that's all the time Doom will need to come up with a plan to take him.)
    B: Doctor Octopus (Vines and branches vs. a whirlwind of flailing adamantium tentacles? The adamantium wins this one.)
    C: Mystique (Big environmental advantage.)
    D: Electro (Raw power against a guy with metal on him.)

Round 8:

A: Spot (M.O.D.O.K. is a solid competitor, but is vulnerable to street-level characters like Captain America. Spot has what it takes to win this one.)
    B: Nimrod (If we're not simply going to say that Zero's powers are so good that he wins this whole thing for showing up, it has to at least be possible to beat him. I think Nimrod--who can start the fight by going back in time and punching Zoom hard in the back of the head--has what it takes.)
    C: Mysterio (Two-Face is, as someone else said, a gangster. His thing is leading a group, not one-on-one fistfighting.)
    D: Abomination (If he's tough enough to stand toe-to-toe against the Hulk, he can handle Metallo.)

Circular on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Fight 7

A: Bizzaro. That's right Doom, im voting against you in your own tournament. How ya like me now. Bizzaro wins because he has Supermans powers and is too dumb to hold back.
    B: Poison Ivy. Close match, Ivy wins with help from the fight local.
    C: Mystique. Better fighter and her abilities can be used very well in Baghdad.
    D: Electro. Is shockingly (hur hur) not the lamest fighter in this match.

Fight 8

A: MODOK. Made for killing and all that jazz.
    B: Zoom. I may not like him but I can't think of a way that Nimrod could stop him. Zoom gets lucky that he is in a room full of weapons becase otherwise it would be impossible for him to hurt Nimrod, even punching him a million times a second. All that would do is break his hand.
    C: Mysterio. Two-Face is a mobster with a need for some plastic surgery, Mysterio kills him.
    D: Abomination. Too strong for Metallo.

Marathon on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7
    A. Doom: If Bizarro wasn't a mountain of stupid equipped with the most confusing system of logic ever, he'd win this. But he is, so he's not.
    B. Poison Ivy: The arena firmly plants (HA HA) this one in her favor.
    C. Mystique: Trumps Ragdoll at the spy/fighter/ninja thing.
    D. Electro: BZZARRRAAAK!

Bracket 8
    A. MODOK: Spot can get around, but MODOK can wipe him out without having to move a muscle.
    B. Zoom: Super speed and a building full of weapons for him to use.
    C. Mysterio: Everything about this match favors the big M.
    D. Abomination: Russian-Spy-Turned-Intelligent Hulk cannot be stopped.

Furu on
  • Options
    RoyseRoyse Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7
    A: Doom - Doom will banish Bizarro to some hellish dimension...magic is a great asset. Doom is too smart to lose.
    B: Poison Ivy - I would give it to Ock if they weren't in Central Park. Tough break for the Doc.
    C: Mystique - Much better fighter than RD.
    D: Electro - Sports-who? Oh, I see you have a golf club...what a lovely lightning rod it shall be.

Bracket 8:
    A: MODOK - MODOK, what a large head you have. All the better to Kill you with.
    B: Zoom - Nimrod won't even touch him.
    C: Mysterio - I'm glad Mysterio got such a lame opponent...he would probably never make it to Round 2 otherwise. Mindfuck and illusions++
    D: Abomination - Hulk with brains...awesome.

Royse on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:
    A: DOOM WILL NOT SUFFER YOUR INSOLENCE
    B: Ivy. Because Dock Ock is sort of a retard at times, and she totally has the upper hand in the park.
    C: Mystique. She's like a super spy who can shape shift.
    D: Electro. He did manage to break EVERYONE out of the raft.

Bracket 8:
    A: MODOK. His name says it all "Designed only for KILLING."
    B: Zoom. He's faster than the flash, and crazier than hell. There's no stopping him.
    C: Mysterio. At his core Dent is a deranged gangster. Mysterio is a fucking performer. Without spider-sense to detect the illusions Dent is fucked.
    D: Blonsky. He regularly goes toe to toe with the Hulk. Sorry Metallo. You would have lost to Magneto anyway.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7
    A: Doom - Super Science, Super Magic, Super Cunning and Super Strength>Just Super Strength
    B: Poison Ivy - Its a park... full of plants...
    C: Mystique - More experience and better power than ragdoll
    D: Sportsmaster- Electro is an idiot with a stupid mask, I wouldn't be surprised if Sportsmaster just beats Electro into a pulp with a baseball bat.

Bracket 8:
    A: MODOK - Near clairvoyance should be able to predict where the spot tries to teleport
    B: Nimrod - Goes into the past when Zoom was a baby and chokes it to death
    C: Two Face - I'm sure having two split personalities both psychotic, will give him some sort of resistance to Mysterio's mind tricks and illusions.
    D: Abomination - Almost as strong as hulk.... and a genius

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:
    A: Doom - Way too smart for bizzaro and has magic
    B: Posion Ivy - environment to her advantage
    C: Mystique - experienced as hell
    D: Electro - i mean...seriously...

Bracket 8:
    A: Spot - I just think his teleporting would fuck up Modoks ability to calculate probability
    B: Zoom - Environment tipped in his favor, and Nimrod going back in time to choke Zoom as a baby is 1. stupid 2. leaving the arena.
    C: Mysterio - Environment tipped in his favor
    D: Abomination - smart I think, plus the kryptonite does jack shit to him.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    voodoosporkvoodoospork Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:

A: Doom - Doctor Doom.

B: Poison Ivy - They're in a goddamned park.

C: Mystique - She's a super ninja and really old.

D: Electro - ....Sportsmaster?

Bracket 8:

A: MODOK - Too clever by half.

B: Nimrod - Go punch a sidewalk a million times, report back the results.

C: Mysterio - Two-Face is unstable, susceptible to being confused by his coin, and they're in an abandoned theater. No contest.

D: Abomination - What the fuck does Abomination care about kryptonite?

voodoospork on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7

Doom - beats bizzaro easily
    Poison Ivy - Central Park = quick death for Doc Ock
    Mystique - Blend in with others in area, sneak up on Ragdoll for the kill
    Electro - Somehow I have a feeling that Sportsmaster just isn't up to par

Bracket 8

Spot - I nominated him, gotta show the love. At least I think I did
    Zoom - It would seem that not much can stop him
    Mysterio - Pretty significant threat, can confuse Two-Face and go in for the kill
    Abomination - Will be able to outlast Metallo

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7

Doom: Bizzaro is a retarded bull in a china shop, while Doom is a man that wields magic and science like a sword and shield.
    Poison Ivy: Doc Ock has four tentacles, Ivy controls thousands of vines/plant life. That alone gives her the win, add her seduction powers and it's a lock for the hotty.
    Mystique: Don't hunt what you can't kill, or in this case see. Mystique will have Ragdoll sweating bullets until she decides to finish him.
    Electro: Sportsmaster shouldn't even exsist. That and he carries alot of metal on him so... yeah.

Bracket 8

Modok: I like spot but word on the street says Modok is all about the killin' or some such jazz.
    Nimrod: Zoom drools Nimrod rules. Nimrod blows the building up, Zoom either dies or escapes and thus is out of the match. Currently I'm on the fence as to who I dislike more, Flash style characters or their fanboys.
    Mysterio: Two Face is cool on many levels but I don't think he will be able to keep his cool with Mysterio fucking around with him.
    Abomination: He fights the Hulk all the time and isn't a pool of goo yet, that's enough to get my vote.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:

Doom: Superman always wins, so Bizzaro must always lose. It's as simple as that.

Ivy: She's too hot for Ock

Mystique: Ragdoll will never see it coming

Electro: Let's see what happens when the guy who can rip open the freaking Raft has his costume disparaged by the goddamned Sportsmaster.

Bracket 8:

Spot: Takes this one and screams, "Yoink!" when he does it.

Nimrod: Zoom slows down time. That's it, that's all. He can't phase through objects to avoid harm. Nimrod has enough weaponry to atomize the whole arena and then rebuild himself afterwards. Plus - Zoom can't move backwards in time, while Nimrod can. It doesn't matter how fast you're going if your opponent already knows where you're going to be. Next: Nimrod's whole function is to shut down superpowers and kill the people who use them. He has forcefields. He can shapeshift. He can become invisible. Zoom puts up a decent fight, but he can't stop time, so he can't outlast Nimrod.

Mysterio: He goes toe-to-toe with Spider-Man. Two-Face can get punked by Robin.

Abomination: Rip out the kryptonite and that's it for Metallo.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Slagmire wrote:
    Fight 7

A - Doom: Doom - "Bizarro - drop from the tournament and I will make you the true opposite of Superman!"
    Bizzaro - "Uuuhhhh.... kay."
    After the tournament, Doom works diligently to turn Bizzaro into the true opposite of Superman. With extensive gene therapy, Bizzaro is altered into a scrawny old black woman. In addition to his/her alteration, he/she is now invulnerable to only Kryponite and super weak (while keeping all other abilities).
    Bizzaro - "Wow! Th..."
    Doom produces his Mauser and shoots Bizzaro in the head. BAM!
    Doom - "Idiot."
    B - Ivy: She has potential to win all of this if given the right environment.
    C - Mystique: Experience and skill will be the key to her winning.
    D - Electro: Electro sends a massive arc of lightning when Sportsmaster tries to swing at him with his bat and causes the lights to shatter in the park (all to the theme of The Natural).

Fight 8
    A - MODOK: Even though much of his psionic powers will not be available to him during the fight, since he was designed to solely kill, he should be able to defeat Spot.
    B - Nimrod: Nimrod has dealt with mutants that had the ability to jump in time (Cable, Bishop, possible others), as well as speedsters (Quicksilver, possible others). Add to this near invulnerability, a regenerating frame and circuitry, and a super-computer from the future that adapts itself to best nullify and counter the abilities of its target. Zoom's not that bright -- he's not going to win against that even with his abilities.
    C - Mysterio: Uses his gas, then uses Dent's guns.
    D - Abomination: After a short time scrapping Metallo, Emil reaches in and pulls out the kryponite powercore. Too bad he's not weak against it or there might of been a problem.

Agree with it all but Mysterio v 2face

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Fight 7
    A. Doom: Has more than enough to take out Bizzaro with.
    B. Ivy: Her environment gives her more then enough to work with, plus the seduction thing is pretty much set. I doubt Ock could resist it.
    C. Mystique: Has the same weaponry as Ragdoll, and is better with it. Shapeshift to confuse him, and then move in for the kill. Plus theres the whole 'master stragetist' thing. She's got this covered.
    D. Electro - Sportsmaster holds a metal golf club= zaaap.

Fight 8.
    A. MODOK: Spot teleports. MODOK kills. Its that simple
    B. Zoom: Zoom takes him apart all super-speed like.
    C. Mysterio: Mysterio has too big of an advantage to lose.
    D. Abomination: Metallo -"I HAVE KRYPTONITE IN MY CHEST AND A SHOVEL FOR A HAND!" Abomination - "So?"

Skullo on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7

A. Doom - Bizarro is strong, but he's also retarded
    B. Doc Ock - It's basically a battle of tentacles, and Central Park isn't exactly big on vines and shit
    C. Mystique - She has the battle savvy to pull this off, I think.
    D. Electro - Come on, guys. Sportsmaster? I think Electro could take Sportsmaster

Bracket 8

A. MODOK - everyone who voted for Spot is dead to me.
    B. Nimrod - I think he's being underestimated by a lot of people here.
    C. Mysterio - A guy whose whole repertoire is built on trickery fighting a guy who has a severe mental disorder? Are you kidding?
    D. Abomination - This was the toughest one for me to pick in this whole round, I think.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Lieutenant SyrupLieutenant Syrup Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7

Match A
    - Dr. Doom. If he's so fucking opposite, Bizarro should have a vulnerability to science.
    MAtch B - Doc Ock. Goin' with Geebs on this one.
    MAtch C - Mystique. Cunning!
    Match D - Electro. I'd like to vote Sportsmaster. I really would.

Bracket 8

Match A
    - MODOK. blah blah blah. You've already heard it. He'll kill poor ol' Spot like a broken toaster kills bread.
    MAtch B - Nimrod. The argument for Nimrod came through in the end, what with all the hard-shell and etc. I hate speedsters in these competitions too, so maybe that's influencing me (even though Zoom's more of a timester) (which by the way would be a great name for an awful villain), but I can see Nimrod being versatile and tough enough to pull through.
    MAtch C - Mysterio. Let's all go to the lobby! Get ourselves someGAS! AHGU FUCK

(Double Feature)

(Seating is broken in half.)

(Big deal on-- two popcorn and two pops for 2.99)

Match D - Abomination. I don't think he's all that great, and he will not make it far, but with the revelation of a weaker Metallo, I think he's got this one.

Lieutenant Syrup on
    Ideologies
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:

A: Doom - Doctor Doom.

B: Poison Ivy - They're in a goddamned park.

C: Mystique - She's a super ninja and really old.

D: Electro - ....Sportsmaster?

Bracket 8:

A: MODOK - Too clever by half.

B: Nimrod - Go punch a sidewalk a million times, report back the results.

C: Mysterio - Two-Face is unstable, susceptible to being confused by his coin, and they're in an abandoned theater. No contest.

D: Abomination - What the fuck does Abomination care about kryptonite?

by far the most the best reasoning in any of these contests.

i agree with these choices

delphinus on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7

Doom - Made of fuckawesome, Bizarro is stupid, his tournament, etc. etc.

Doc Ock - Science is too important to fall prey to tits. Also, metal claws beat foliage any day of the week. I mean, what's she going to do with a park? Attack him with trees? Wood is weaker than metal. Also, grass. Not happening.

Mystique - Shapeshifting kapow shot in the head.

Electro - Sportsmaster? Get the fuck out.

Bracket 8

MODOK - HE'S DESIGNED TO KILL. HE WINS

Nimrod - Man, fuck Zoom. His name rhymes with Doom, and Doom doesn't want any potential Snafus with his name being called wrong. Also, Nimrod is not going down to him. He's not designed to lose.

Mysterio - Harvey's head will explode within three minutes of this fight, and he'll end up sitting in a corner painting with feces when Mysterio finally allows him to be destroyed.

Abomination - He will rip out, chew up, and spit Metallo's Kryptonite heart back at him.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    RonnieWooWoo!RonnieWooWoo! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:

A: Dr. Doom - One of the smartest individuals in the Marvel universe vs. one of the dumbest in the DC universe. Doom's intellect more than makes up for Bizarro's raw power advantage.

B: Poison Ivy - This would have been a much closer fight if they were anywhere but the middle of a freaking park.

C: Mystique - A shapeshifter in a crowded city is going to be damn near impossible to find. She sneaks up, she shanks, she wins.

D: Electro - Despite being a crap character, Electro still has some decent powers. I can't see any way Sportsmaster keeps from getting fried here.

Bracket 8:

A: MODOK - It seems like his probabilty calculations would let him avoid Spot's um....spots.

B: Nimrod - Theoretically, Nimrod could go back in time and kill Zoom's whole fucking family. Practically, Zoom has no way of stopping Nimrod's regeneration anyway. Seriously, fuck Zoom, hard.

C: Mysterio - Two-Face is crazy in the head under normal circumstances. A little of Mysterio's halucinagenic gas, and this one would be over.

D: Abomination - Metallo's main asset, the kryptonite, doesn't do a damn thing here. Without that, he's just another really strong guy. If the Abomination can mess up the Hulk occasionally, he can kick the crap out of Metallo.

RonnieWooWoo! on
    Woo!
  • Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7
    A - Bizarro - One of my nomations has to get past the first round :( Also he is stronger and faster so long as he can end it before Doom figures out what he is he's ok.
    B - Doc Ock - Metal tentacles > vegatative tentacles.
    C - Mystique - Greater experience and better combatant. Special power is more beneficial in this enviroment.
    D - Electro - A guy who shoots electricity vs a guy that swings golf clubs...

Bracket 8
    A - Spot - I'm sure with all his portal hopping he'll eventually find an openning to take advantage of against MODOK
    B - Zoom - Nimrod can't react fast enough, plus they're in the Flash museum, Zoom will find something in there to use against Nimrod.
    C - Mysterio - What can Two face do in a 1 on 1 fight?
    D - Metallo - Can go toe-to-toe with Superman and do alright, Superman would easily beat Hulk 1 v 1, so Superman's opponent beats Hulk's opponent.

NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:

A: Dr. Doom - This is supposed to be a challenge to the Mighty Doom? Bah!
    B: Poison Ivy - Doc stops to smell the roses. Roses attack him.
    C: Mystique - Absolutely deadly assasain with shape-shifting and body-morphing ability.
    D: Electro - Golf clubs make for great electricity conductors.

Bracket 8:

A: MODOK - Wins because he isn't the fucking Spot.
    B: Nimrod - Because fuck Zoom. Also, he's like the Fury, designed to kill metahumans and adapt and nothing else.
    C: Mysterio - And abandoned movie theatre? Mysterio will have a ball here.
    D: Abomination - Being immensely strong, lethal and having no weakness to kryptonite will beat Shovelhand Luke.

Bogart on
  • Options
    mcwillipmcwillip Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7:

A: Doom - His suit gives him some durability and pew pew, plus magic pew pew, plus bizarro's functional retardation means Doom takes it.

B: Ivy- She grabs him with a ton of vines then has a tree grow through him.

C: Mystique- BOOM! Headshot.

D: Electro- lame fight.

Bracket 8:

A: MODOK- Clairevoyance wins.

B: Zoom- Nimrod is effectively just going to stand there and take whatever zoom throws at him without being able to respond.

C: Mysterio- Harvey hallucinating coins with no faces will cripple him.

D: Abomination- Smarter than Metallo.

mcwillip on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Bracket 7

a- bizarro- doom am strongest

b- doc ock- four robot arms means 4x the amount of weeding speed and ability

c- mystique- ragdoll ain't got shit

d- electro- shortest fight ever for the dude golfing in a thunderstorm

bracket 8

a- modok- he IS designed only for killing

b- nimrod- crappy future robot versus crappy fast guy. if only he had been named 'reverse flash'. maybe then...

c- harvey- harvey will murder mysterio without a second thought

d- abomination- metallo's big deal is his kryptonite and what the fuck does abomination care about some kryptonite

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg