As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In Memoriam

MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Social Entropy++
In honour and respect to those who died and lost loved ones 20 years ago today.

207282241_f8b6523d35_o.jpg

for reference sake, I give you the following link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

May football fans of the world unite, red and blue come together, and give thanks for those who have lost their lives on that fateful day, and some 20 years later can still bring cities to a complete standstill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7999279.stm


We will never forget.

Justice.

Moonpir.png

I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
Moonpir on
«1345678

Posts

  • taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The Sun can go and fuck off.

    taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The Sun can go and fuck off.


    amen

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I want to make a smartass comment but this is horrifying

    World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I want to make a smartass comment but this is horrifying

    yeah that would be a terrible way to die

    redhead on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ugh, people were trampled because of a sporting event
    So what

    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    And scarlet with the line crossing


    gooooooooaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

    Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhead wrote: »
    I want to make a smartass comment but this is horrifying

    yeah that would be a terrible way to die

    Its one of the reasons i posted the wikipedia page in the OP. cause i know its gonna welcome it really, but i figured if people understood why ive been crying almost all day then it wouldnt be so bad.

    I was expecting smart arses sooner or later though.

    and yeah, it would be a horrible way to die.

    I dunno if its ever been shown in the US, but If you ever see the documentary hillsborough you'll understand.

    Scarlet Edit: See? told you sooner or later.

    and just for your information, it wasnt "because of a sporting event" it took place there, but thats not why it happened.

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So, a bunch of stupid people killed each other trying to watch a soccer game?

    Is there more to it than that?

    mcp on
  • Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    if people understood why ive been crying almost all day then it wouldnt be so bad.

    Were you there or lost someone?

    Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    mcp wrote: »
    So, a bunch of stupid people killed each other trying to watch a soccer game?

    Is there more to it than that?

    Certain people can pull off these kinds of posts. You are not one of those people. Grow the fuck up.

    The_Scarab on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Justice.

    I guess this is the part that confuses me.

    NotASenator on
  • MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    if people understood why ive been crying almost all day then it wouldnt be so bad.

    Were you there or lost someone?

    Yeah, lost someone. And almost lost my mother because of it too.

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2009
    who says liverpudlians are maudlin?

    Tube on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Justice.

    I guess this is the part that confuses me.

    yes me too

    Langly on
  • Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    if people understood why ive been crying almost all day then it wouldnt be so bad.

    Were you there or lost someone?

    Yeah, lost someone. And almost lost my mother because of it too.

    I am sorry to hear that. My condolences.

    Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    So, a bunch of stupid people killed each other trying to watch a soccer game?

    Is there more to it than that?

    Certain people can pull off these kinds of posts. You are not one of those people. Grow the fuck up.

    cheers scarab. Your In england i think, so i guess you may undrstand it more than some of these people.
    I guess this is the part that confuses me.

    its because not one person who was responsible for a long series of serious blunders and fuckups and stupidity have ever been held accountable. its on the wiki, but it is a long read.

    just to clarify, the police weren't doing their job, they were the ones who guided fans into the wrong area of the stadium. then wouldnt open the gates to let people out. then wouldnt let any first aid ontoo the pitch. there were 0 aambulances outside, and instead, 1 gets onto the pitch. they formed a riot control line on the pitch and wouldnt let survivors through, even those carring the wounded on advertising boards. they reported the match called off because of crowd trouble. it says on the wiki but of like 96 who died only 14 got treated ata hospital.

    It goes on and on, eveen into the inquest.

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Terrible accident, should never of happened.

    Bad-Beat on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2009
    I'm from England and I understand it just fine. The continued blubbering about this is still absurd.

    Tube on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh I'm sorry
    I forgot that people die all over the place all the time

    1500 people died when the titanic went down on April 15th
    Thousands died when Germans bombed N. Ireland on April 15th
    Hundreds died when the Allies bomb a town instead of a military factory on April 15th

    Aaand like eighty people died of what the fuck ever in the last five minutes. Probably more.
    So I guess I'll just end this with another so what

    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    mcp wrote: »
    So, a bunch of stupid people killed each other trying to watch a soccer game?

    Is there more to it than that?

    Why couldn't 96 internet badasses have died instead?

    Butler on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Justice.

    I guess this is the part that confuses me.
    yeah, I don't really get that either

    what happened was horrible, but it was a footie mob in a rush to get into a stadium

    what justice?

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    So, a bunch of stupid people killed each other trying to watch a soccer game?

    Is there more to it than that?

    Certain people can pull off these kinds of posts. You are not one of those people. Grow the fuck up.

    cheers scarab. Your In england i think, so i guess you may undrstand it more than some of these people.
    I guess this is the part that confuses me.

    its because not one person who was responsible for a long series of serious blunders and fuckups and stupidity have ever been held accountable. its on the wiki, but it is a long read.

    I read it.

    It seems that the Taylor report suggested that it was poor standards for Stadiums and a failure of police control and that they adjusted the way stadiums are set up to avoid it happening again.

    I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you want people held accountable.

    NotASenator on
  • MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm from England and I understand it just fine. The continued blubbering about this is still absurd.

    thats fair enough tube.

    youve given me a reason to respect your opinion. we dont agree, but thats fine, i accept that.

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    who says liverpudlians are maudlin?

    Do people say that? I just figured the OP was a woman.

    laughingfuzzball on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Justice.

    I guess this is the part that confuses me.
    yeah, I don't really get that either

    what happened was horrible, but it was a footie mob in a rush to get into a stadium

    what justice?

    Liverpudlians are conceivably the most maudlin people on earth.

    Tube on
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    To be fair this was a retarded place to make a thread about it.

    Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    justice.gif

    Abracadaniel on
  • CG FaggotryCG Faggotry BristolRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am also bemused by the said Liverpudlian mindset.

    CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    So, a bunch of stupid people killed each other trying to watch a soccer game?

    Is there more to it than that?

    Certain people can pull off these kinds of posts. You are not one of those people. Grow the fuck up.

    cheers scarab. Your In england i think, so i guess you may undrstand it more than some of these people.
    I guess this is the part that confuses me.

    its because not one person who was responsible for a long series of serious blunders and fuckups and stupidity have ever been held accountable. its on the wiki, but it is a long read.

    I read it.

    It seems that the Taylor report suggested that it was poor standards for Stadiums and a failure of police control and that they adjusted the way stadiums are set up to avoid it happening again.

    I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you want people held accountable.


    its kinda like if someone does something that shows gross negligence at work, and gets someonne killed, they have to deal with the consequences of that according to the law. no law has ever been applied for those who could, and IMO, should be held responsible for this happpenning.

    its a disgrace of everything that the law is supposed to uphold. and we're seeing it more recently again with the G8 protests in london recently.

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I wouldn't really have any trouble making fun of moonpir for this weepy thread, but man

    the thought of being crushed to death while standing by a mob of people who are all just desperate not to be crushed themselves

    that just

    does not seem like a fun way to go

    redhead on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Veretas wrote: »
    To be fair this was a retarded place to make a thread about it.

    Is there a forum for getting together and crying over events where a handful of people die

    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    justice is a good name for a person (both kinds)

    J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Veretas wrote: »
    To be fair this was a retarded place to make a thread about it.

    Is there a forum for getting together and crying over events where a handful of people die

    probably not.

    veretas was right, this is a retarded place for putting it, but tbh, i dont go anywhere on these boards except here and read a few other places, but ive only ever posted in here. so i dont mind, i knew what to expect

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    So, a bunch of stupid people killed each other trying to watch a soccer game?

    Is there more to it than that?

    Certain people can pull off these kinds of posts. You are not one of those people. Grow the fuck up.

    cheers scarab. Your In england i think, so i guess you may undrstand it more than some of these people.
    I guess this is the part that confuses me.
    its because not one person who was responsible for a long series of serious blunders and fuckups and stupidity have ever been held accountable. its on the wiki, but it is a long read.

    I read it.

    It seems that the Taylor report suggested that it was poor standards for Stadiums and a failure of police control and that they adjusted the way stadiums are set up to avoid it happening again.

    I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you want people held accountable.


    its kinda like if someone does something that shows gross negligence at work, and gets someonne killed, they have to deal with the consequences of that according to the law. no law has ever been applied for those who could, and IMO, should be held responsible for this happpenning.

    its a disgrace of everything that the law is supposed to uphold. and we're seeing it more recently again with the G8 protests in london recently.
    wait, is this like when people blamed the rioting in Seattle that resulted from the WTO protests on the police?

    ahahahahahaha

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Veretas wrote: »
    To be fair this was a retarded place to make a thread about it.

    Is there a forum for getting together and crying over events where a handful of people die

    this is just stupid though

    you're not allowed to be sad if some people die because more people are dying elsewhere! or more tragic stuff has happened in the past! hurrr

    redhead on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    its kinda like if someone does something that shows gross negligence at work, and gets someonne killed, they have to deal with the consequences of that according to the law. no law has ever been applied for those who could, and IMO, should be held responsible for this happpenning.

    its a disgrace of everything that the law is supposed to uphold. and we're seeing it more recently again with the G8 protests in london recently.

    There were enquiries, good enquiries, done by people who know far more about the situation than you do. Just because they didn't come up with the result you wanted and a bunch of policemen weren't strung up from lampposts doesn't mean that "justice" wasn't done. It was a horrible accident. It was 20 years ago. Get over it.

    Tube on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhead wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »
    To be fair this was a retarded place to make a thread about it.

    Is there a forum for getting together and crying over events where a handful of people die

    this is just stupid though

    you're not allowed to be sad if some people die because more people are dying elsewhere! or more tragic stuff has happened in the past! hurrr

    No, I'm just saying get the fuck over with it already.

    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    god not this fucking thing
    I already had to stop what I was doing today for two minute fucking silence because some hooligans gor trampled or something

    ascot on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hillsborough was an inside job

    Grey Ghost on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    man i have never understood the feral nature that football brings out in people.

    Shit man, america has alcohol at all of their sporting events and shit like this does not happen

    (something like this has probably happened in america and been worse due to everyone being drunk)

    Langly on
Sign In or Register to comment.