Options

In Memoriam

245678

Posts

  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    So, a bunch of stupid people killed each other trying to watch a soccer game?

    Is there more to it than that?

    Certain people can pull off these kinds of posts. You are not one of those people. Grow the fuck up.

    cheers scarab. Your In england i think, so i guess you may undrstand it more than some of these people.
    I guess this is the part that confuses me.
    its because not one person who was responsible for a long series of serious blunders and fuckups and stupidity have ever been held accountable. its on the wiki, but it is a long read.

    I read it.

    It seems that the Taylor report suggested that it was poor standards for Stadiums and a failure of police control and that they adjusted the way stadiums are set up to avoid it happening again.

    I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you want people held accountable.


    its kinda like if someone does something that shows gross negligence at work, and gets someonne killed, they have to deal with the consequences of that according to the law. no law has ever been applied for those who could, and IMO, should be held responsible for this happpenning.

    its a disgrace of everything that the law is supposed to uphold. and we're seeing it more recently again with the G8 protests in london recently.
    wait, is this like when people blamed the rioting in Seattle that resulted from the WTO protests on the police?

    ahahahahahaha

    I was going to make this post, except it was more like wow, shocking new news on the internet, people blame the police after something

    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    its kinda like if someone does something that shows gross negligence at work, and gets someonne killed, they have to deal with the consequences of that according to the law. no law has ever been applied for those who could, and IMO, should be held responsible for this happpenning.

    its a disgrace of everything that the law is supposed to uphold. and we're seeing it more recently again with the G8 protests in london recently.

    There were enquiries, good enquiries, done by people who know far more about the situation than you do. Just because they didn't come up with the result you wanted and a bunch of policemen weren't strung up from lampposts doesn't mean that "justice" wasn't done. It was a horrible accident. It was 20 years ago. Get over it.

    I will probably never get over it to be honest.

    Maudlin i am, and not afraid to admit it. at least on this topic i am.

    as for the enquires, I agree with the fact that people hwo did them knew a lot more about it than i did, but that doesnt mean they were done right. The match was cancelled at 3:06, yet the coroner ceased his report at 3:15. its stuff like that.

    as i said before though. fair enough, you have your opinion, i have mine.

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    but really dudes, Justice is good stuff.

    Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    wait, is this like when people blamed the rioting in Seattle that resulted from the WTO protests on the police?

    ahahahahahaha

    I was going to make this post, except it was more like wow, shocking new news on the internet, people blame the police after something
    I'm waiting for thanatos to post in here

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    The match was cancelled at 3:06, yet the coroner ceased his report at 3:15.
    the wikipedia article made it sound like the match was cancelled when the ref noticed the crush, not when the coroner arrived

    World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    but really dudes, Justice is good stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etWi1bOotd0

    World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    The match was cancelled at 3:06, yet the coroner ceased his report at 3:15.
    the wikipedia article made it sound like the match was cancelled when the ref noticed the crush, not when the coroner arrived

    Yeah, the match was canccelled by the ref, at 3:06, but the coroner who was asked to do the equiry refused to submit anything on events after 3:15

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • Options
    MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    but really dudes, Justice is good stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etWi1bOotd0

    okay, thats a fucking good video

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Langly wrote: »
    man i have never understood the feral nature that football brings out in people.

    Shit man, america has alcohol at all of their sporting events and shit like this does not happen

    (something like this has probably happened in america and been worse due to everyone being drunk)

    I'm assuming it is because teams like Liverpool especially are so tied to the local area, in both culture and economics, that supporting your local side isn't just about sport it's about society. You see this especially in England but also most of Europe. Football has been going a lot longer than American sports, as have the ties between the teams and the locations/towns/cities they are based in. It's understandable that thugs would use football as a release while in America it is probably more gang warfare or shit like that. I mean shit, Liverpool FC (the subject of this thread) was founded in 1892, America was a different place back then, while most of Liverpool has remained unchanged.

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    its kinda like if someone does something that shows gross negligence at work, and gets someonne killed, they have to deal with the consequences of that according to the law. no law has ever been applied for those who could, and IMO, should be held responsible for this happpenning.

    its a disgrace of everything that the law is supposed to uphold. and we're seeing it more recently again with the G8 protests in london recently.

    There were enquiries, good enquiries, done by people who know far more about the situation than you do. Just because they didn't come up with the result you wanted and a bunch of policemen weren't strung up from lampposts doesn't mean that "justice" wasn't done. It was a horrible accident. It was 20 years ago. Get over it.

    Sometimes a gang of hooligans is just a gang of hooligans. There doesn't need to be some great injustice behind it.

    ascot on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    but really dudes, Justice is good stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etWi1bOotd0

    there's one part of this song's lyrics that no one can understand ever

    after "printed in gold"

    I mean, I just looked it up, but still

    redhead on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh and by "Justice for the 96" they mean money.
    I mean, they already changed a bunch of the laws around stadiums and seating and what have you.
    What else do you want.

    ascot on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhead wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    but really dudes, Justice is good stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etWi1bOotd0

    there's one part of this song's lyrics that no one can understand ever

    after "printed in gold"

    I mean, I just looked it up, but still
    isn't it something like "'cause details make the girls sweat"

    World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    The match was cancelled at 3:06, yet the coroner ceased his report at 3:15.
    the wikipedia article made it sound like the match was cancelled when the ref noticed the crush, not when the coroner arrived

    Yeah, the match was canccelled by the ref, at 3:06, but the coroner who was asked to do the equiry refused to submit anything on events after 3:15

    Conspiracy! The coroner was a Man U fan!

    Tube on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhead wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    but really dudes, Justice is good stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etWi1bOotd0

    there's one part of this song's lyrics that no one can understand ever

    after "printed in gold"

    I mean, I just looked it up, but still
    isn't it something like "'cause details make the girls sweat"

    every time I've listened to this with other people, some of us will always sing along

    and then on that line everyone just looks at each other confusedly

    but yes, the internet informs me that those are the correct words

    redhead on
  • Options
    MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ascot wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    its kinda like if someone does something that shows gross negligence at work, and gets someonne killed, they have to deal with the consequences of that according to the law. no law has ever been applied for those who could, and IMO, should be held responsible for this happpenning.

    its a disgrace of everything that the law is supposed to uphold. and we're seeing it more recently again with the G8 protests in london recently.

    There were enquiries, good enquiries, done by people who know far more about the situation than you do. Just because they didn't come up with the result you wanted and a bunch of policemen weren't strung up from lampposts doesn't mean that "justice" wasn't done. It was a horrible accident. It was 20 years ago. Get over it.

    Sometimes a gang of hooligans is just a gang of hooligans. There doesn't need to be some great injustice behind it.

    a 10 year old boy is a hooligan? thats pretty good.

    and im glad they changed the laws, so no one ever has to go through that again.

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    holyshit i forgot how good coffee is

    yessss live the dream i'm living it

    J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    redhead wrote: »
    every time I've listened to this with other people, some of us will always sing along

    and then on that line everyone just looks at each other confusedly

    but yes, the internet informs me that those are the correct words
    well it doesn't help that they're french and therefore sound a little downsy

    World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's typical Liverpudlian behaviour though. Oh no! We're so downtrodden and injusticed. Let's milk this shit forever so we can generate some fake city communal spirit.

    God, fuck off.

    ascot on
  • Options
    MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    The match was cancelled at 3:06, yet the coroner ceased his report at 3:15.
    the wikipedia article made it sound like the match was cancelled when the ref noticed the crush, not when the coroner arrived

    Yeah, the match was canccelled by the ref, at 3:06, but the coroner who was asked to do the equiry refused to submit anything on events after 3:15

    Conspiracy! The coroner was a Man U fan!

    haha, i wasnt expecting that. heh. funny thing is? I aint a normal red. i dont hate man u. in fact, if they win the tite this year they deserve it wholehartedly.

    so that isnt gonna get at me heh.

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i thought this would be about how marilyn chambers died a few days ago.

    porn star deaths are odd

    i mean, is it still alright to enjoy their videos? (see hailey paige)

    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    a 10 year old boy is a hooligan? thats pretty good.

    and im glad they changed the laws, so no one ever has to go through that again.

    Oh please, PLEASE. You're from fucking Liverpool you know quite well 10 year olds can be fucking thugs. In fact I'm pretty sure at least once you've crossed the street to avoid some.

    ascot on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    oh I just actually watched the music video

    it's a lot easier to tell what the lyrics are when they're displayed onscreen

    redhead on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    i thought this would be about how marilyn chambers died a few days ago.

    porn star deaths are odd

    i mean, is it still alright to enjoy their videos? (see hailey paige)

    Shit

    she's dead?

    I had no idea

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    The match was cancelled at 3:06, yet the coroner ceased his report at 3:15.
    the wikipedia article made it sound like the match was cancelled when the ref noticed the crush, not when the coroner arrived

    Yeah, the match was canccelled by the ref, at 3:06, but the coroner who was asked to do the equiry refused to submit anything on events after 3:15

    Conspiracy! The coroner was a Man U fan!

    haha, i wasnt expecting that. heh. funny thing is? I aint a normal red. i dont hate man u. in fact, if they win the tite this year they deserve it wholehartedly.

    so that isnt gonna get at me heh.

    Who's trying to get at you? I'm just saying you're being ridiculous

    Tube on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Christ
    can we just get rid of this

    ascot on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    The match was cancelled at 3:06, yet the coroner ceased his report at 3:15.
    the wikipedia article made it sound like the match was cancelled when the ref noticed the crush, not when the coroner arrived

    Yeah, the match was canccelled by the ref, at 3:06, but the coroner who was asked to do the equiry refused to submit anything on events after 3:15

    A coroner? Yea... is that, by chance, the time that people were done being killed?

    Once that happens it's out of his hands entirely.

    Also, while this is a tragedy to be sure, it is not something that really drips of the need for justice. A horrible accident occurred.

    What exact outcome are you looking for?

    DrZiplock on
  • Options
    MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ascot wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    a 10 year old boy is a hooligan? thats pretty good.

    and im glad they changed the laws, so no one ever has to go through that again.

    Oh please, PLEASE. You're from fucking Liverpool you know quite well 10 year olds can be fucking thugs. In fact I'm pretty sure at least once you've crossed the street to avoid some.

    actually no, i dont cross the street to avoid anyone. one of the good things about growing up in tough areas.

    And ive lived in Liverpool, manchester, and London, and if the liverpool one community is "fake" then id love to know just how bad things must be in those cities, because manchester isnt as tight as liverpool, and London, god, i dont even thing that counts as a community. they have llittle streets and estates, but thats about it. the city is just that. a city. not a community

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    i thought this would be about how marilyn chambers died a few days ago.

    porn star deaths are odd

    i mean, is it still alright to enjoy their videos? (see hailey paige)

    maybe you can just think of it like old movies (they're full of people who are dead now!)

    J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    MoonpirMoonpir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    The match was cancelled at 3:06, yet the coroner ceased his report at 3:15.
    the wikipedia article made it sound like the match was cancelled when the ref noticed the crush, not when the coroner arrived

    Yeah, the match was canccelled by the ref, at 3:06, but the coroner who was asked to do the equiry refused to submit anything on events after 3:15

    Conspiracy! The coroner was a Man U fan!

    haha, i wasnt expecting that. heh. funny thing is? I aint a normal red. i dont hate man u. in fact, if they win the tite this year they deserve it wholehartedly.

    so that isnt gonna get at me heh.

    Who's trying to get at you? I'm just saying you're being ridiculous

    fair point. but this is SE++ allow me my moment of ridicule.

    Moonpir on
    Moonpir.png

    I have OCD. *nods* its Fun (!)
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    can you really call it a community though i mean really

    J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    ascot wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    a 10 year old boy is a hooligan? thats pretty good.

    and im glad they changed the laws, so no one ever has to go through that again.

    Oh please, PLEASE. You're from fucking Liverpool you know quite well 10 year olds can be fucking thugs. In fact I'm pretty sure at least once you've crossed the street to avoid some.

    actually no, i dont cross the street to avoid anyone. one of the good things about growing up in tough areas.

    And ive lived in Liverpool, manchester, and London, and if the liverpool one community is "fake" then id love to know just how bad things must be in those cities, because manchester isnt as tight as liverpool, and London, god, i dont even thing that counts as a community. they have llittle streets and estates, but thats about it. the city is just that. a city. not a community

    Ugh. Ugh.

    ascot on
  • Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    i thought this would be about how marilyn chambers died a few days ago.

    porn star deaths are odd

    i mean, is it still alright to enjoy their videos? (see hailey paige)

    Yes it is. It very much is.

    Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Does everybody in Liverpool know each other or something?

    Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mr Bubbles wrote: »
    Does everybody in Liverpool know each other or something?

    No but you're supposed to act like it today because some football hooligans died or something

    ascot on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Moonpir wrote: »
    ascot wrote: »
    Moonpir wrote: »
    a 10 year old boy is a hooligan? thats pretty good.

    and im glad they changed the laws, so no one ever has to go through that again.

    Oh please, PLEASE. You're from fucking Liverpool you know quite well 10 year olds can be fucking thugs. In fact I'm pretty sure at least once you've crossed the street to avoid some.

    actually no, i dont cross the street to avoid anyone. one of the good things about growing up in tough areas.

    And ive lived in Liverpool, manchester, and London, and if the liverpool one community is "fake" then id love to know just how bad things must be in those cities, because manchester isnt as tight as liverpool, and London, god, i dont even thing that counts as a community. they have llittle streets and estates, but thats about it. the city is just that. a city. not a community

    ok you are entirely wrong about london.

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Portland China

    Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Some guy asked me if I wanted him to nick something from Primarch for myself yesterday when I was wandering past.

    I'm fairly sure he was being serious.

    BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Mr Bubbles wrote: »
    Does everybody in Liverpool know each other or something?
    they're united by their squalor

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    oh look europeans getting all emotional about soccer

    TheySlashThem on
Sign In or Register to comment.