As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So not ready to make a [chat]

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ahahahahahaaha

They had to get a THIRD person involved in what I was doing now.

A high level administrator.

Ahahahahahahahah

Fuck they owe me serious backpay.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher you're not being serious in that H/A thread are you? You're just taking a controversial devil's advocate's stance right?

Ludious on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i am so tired

i need to stop watching movies and stuff and actually go to bed sometimes.

not getting much sleep is always a dumb decision.

James on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just reading a bit of H/A and seeing whats going on in the news today makes me love life again.

Thank you world.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    The stupid thing is I'll get infracted when everything I said was reasonable and other people were screaming SHES A WHORE!

but she literally is a whore

if you're talking about that thread

i mean she's having sex for money. whether you think that's a bad thing or not, it is the literal definition of the word

The problem is its a judgement, whore is a loaded word, I mean if we go by definition black people are n words, but its certainly not polite to call them that.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    James wrote: »
    i am so tired

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEEEEAAAAAK

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The stupid thing is I'll get infracted when everything I said was reasonable and other people were screaming SHES A WHORE!

i mean she's having sex for money. whether you think that's a bad thing or not, it is the literal definition of the word

That's the literal definition of a prostitute. I don't really know if that's the literal definition of a whore.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Prostitute is the more appropriate term. "Whore" is a bit rude.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gosling wrote: »
    CNN covering the Chicago tea party:

Protester: "I think he's a fascist."
    Reporter: "Why?"
    Protester: "Because he is."

After some more of that, reporter gives up, goes to someone else.

Protester: "(stuff about how he's screwed and all the money is being taken away)"
    Reporter: "Sir, do you know you are eligible for a $400--"
    Protester: "May I finish my point?" (repeat original point)
    Reporter: "Sir, the state is getting $Texas as part of the stimulus."
    Protester: "I--I--I--I--I--I-- (attention drawn to off-camera protester) Sir, could you get that out of here?"
    (protesters inch towards camera and therefore reporter)
    Reporter: "Well, that's the scene here, and some of this is not family viewing. Back you you in the studio." (mike cut, reporter shown bitching out protesters before feed is cut)
    I can't wait to see this on YouTube.
    I am praying someone uploads it.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Japan: I'm asking this because it's the plot of the Criminal Intent episode I'm watching.

I see.

On an unrelated note, how long does the chat reckon it would take to dissolve a body with drain cleaner? Not necessarily a very big body. Say about the size of a ten year old.

Uh, hypothetically, that is.

You're probably looking for Sodium Hydroxide. Careful, that's an exothermic reaction you're dealing with.

TL DR on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    No if you take money for sex you are a prostitute/whore whatever you want to call it. Even if it was only ONE TIME. Guess what? If you deliver pizzas for a night, only one night, you were a pizza delivery boy for one night. They were still a whore for one night.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Preacher you're not being serious in that H/A thread are you? You're just taking a controversial devil's advocate's stance right?

I'm perfectly serious. I feel that at times this board has a overly slanted male ideal and in this case that judgement is disgusting. The OP wrongfully invaded his partners space, the very method of his intrusion raises doubts in my mind about the information he discovered.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think that the notion of "personal space" is quite interesting. I bet Derrida has written an essay or two about it.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Goddamn fox news is scary

"Obama is allowing Iran to get nuclear weapons. Diplomacy has failed. Military action is the only answer."

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    And I got an infraction anyway. Well all the more reason not to fight the outdated male ideals on the board.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Corporate profiles are stupid. I should not be making them, accountants and economists and shit should be making them.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    I've got about 40,000 doubloons from all the missions I've done in Florida, and I just hit level 16 (First level where you can get a decent corvette), so I'm off to the Bahamas to buy a new ship.

Problem: The French and Spanish are fighting over Cuba right now.

Dun dun dun.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Apparently I'm bad at making OPs in new threads. I thought this might warrant one, but apparently not.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/14/federal-agency-warns-of-radicals-on-right/

So, you are a right wing extremist if:

- part of a group that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority.
    - Anti-Abortion
    - Anti-Immigration
    - Military veteran

Why? I don't understand.

An-D on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm curious as to why he was snooping in the first place.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man I remember looking at some of the absurd propaganda that was spouted all throughout American history, but it'll be some crazy that students in the future will be able to watch this crap unfold.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    And I got an infraction anyway. Well all the more reason not to fight the outdated male ideals on the board.

:lol:

TL DR on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    I feel like I can't get very angry about the Tea Party people. I do disagree with a lot of their ideas (as these seem centrally focused on economic issues and states rights), but I can't muster the disdain for these people that I do for general, non-qualified 'Republicans'. It's the social shit that generates 9/10 of my ire.

Organichu on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

The problem is its a judgement, whore is a loaded word, I mean if we go by definition black people are n words, but its certainly not polite to call them that.

that's a fair point

i figure if Preacher is arguing that something is immoral and irresponsible and the product of masculine bias, then it's got to be pretty damn bad.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

And the post that was infracted isn't bad at all....

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Male ideal? If you're in a monogamous relationship, sex for money is cheating. Period. It's not "just a job".

How do I know they had a monogamous relationship? I don't, aside from his implication of such. And that's what you have to base your advice on.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    An-D wrote: »
    Apparently I'm bad at making OPs in new threads. I thought this might warrant one, but apparently not.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/14/federal-agency-warns-of-radicals-on-right/

So, you are a right wing extremist if:

- part of a group that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority.
    - Anti-Abortion
    - Anti-Immigration
    - Military veteran

Why? I don't understand.

You cannot just post topics and then say "discuss!" You have to provide an initial thesis, whose validity can be discussed from the evidence and information you provided in the OP. An OP, even in a news thread, should work like an essay.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    James wrote: »
    i am so tired

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEEEEAAAAAK

also for the tired

James on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »

And the post that was infracted isn't bad at all....

Yes I am heartily confused!

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    I wonder if that's a LondonBridge alt.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Male ideal? If you're in a monogamous relationship, sex for money is cheating. Period. It's not "just a job".

Totally just a job. Best advice in the thread was, "become her pimp."

desc on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Preacher I very much do not agree with you :|

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Goddamn fox news is scary

"Obama is allowing Iran to get nuclear weapons. Diplomacy has failed. Military action is the only answer."

WTF?!

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So the lady that shit her pants was probably pretty funny. You could hear someone yelling "OHSHIT" and a huge "KRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHHHHHH" followed.

She hasn't come out yet and it's been a half hour. $10 says she's waiting until either the end of day or she sneaked out the window.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm almost finished writing this PM.

Someone is gonna be so happy.

attaching nudie pics

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    I think that the notion of "personal space" is quite interesting. I bet Derrida has written an essay or two about it.

it's interesting how it varies from culture to culture drastically, mostly by population

also, from student testimonies here, middle eastern and many mediterranean students find canadians and americans to seem nervous and passive/non-confrontational because they "never make eye contact," while canadians/americans think the same about japanese and chinese students, for the same reason.

i found that pretty neat.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    No one wants to see your hairy butt podly.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So Preacher, is your wife cool with you sleeping with other people? You with her doing the same? I just need all the facts to get a baring on your opinion.

Ludious on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    washington times is a conservative paper

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    finger crossed for podly junk.

off to work.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    I appreciate Elki's crackdown on insufficient OPs.
    I have never understood this.

deadonthestreet on
This discussion has been closed.