Options

2008 Stanley Cup Final - Round 2

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2009
    Larlar wrote: »
    Bogey, you should know that I have to root for the Ducks. It pains me to root for the bigger of two evils but I need Detroit to get destroyed, and quickly. All for the sake of money.
    Oh, I know!

Besides, why would you root for my team?! Unless you wanted to put your jinx on them...

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wings v. Ducks is going to be a great series

Usagi on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    Wings v. Ducks is going to be a great series

I cant wait

Squall on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2009
    Bogey wrote: »
    Bogey, you should know that I have to root for the Ducks. It pains me to root for the bigger of two evils but I need Detroit to get destroyed, and quickly. All for the sake of money.
    Oh, I know!

Besides, why would you root for my team?! Unless you wanted to put your jinx on them...

I'll bring you your two previous playoff prize snacks to PAX this year unless I end up moving to Vancouver in September and then I won't have the room.

Also, if the Canucks outlast the Wings, I'm claiming victory for 2009.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mwahahaha caps

Double mwahahaha jersey

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    im hoping for a red wings sweep so i can be there for game 4 when the ducks shit their pants

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Im hoping for a second cup in a row so I can relive my childhood

Squall on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Detroit vs. Anaheim.

I can not wait for this.

GO WINGS.
    What has happened the last few years when the Wings faced The Ducks in the playoffs?

Well, Wings lose. Wings lose.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mwahahaha caps

Double mwahahaha jersey

That's honestly the best part about the Rangers blowing it all.

That the Devil fans are seething that they can't say anything about it.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Schide wrote: »
    Wow.

New Jersey with the stunning choke job or Carolina with the amazing comeback. Take your pick because I haven't really got to watch any of it yet.

Carolina with the Divine Favor. I was watching, it was just pure, unadulterated, raw, fucking luck.

By "luck" I don't mean they were goofing around, it's more of a planetary alignment thing.

Can't wait to see how they fair against the Bruins. Pretty big maybe, that one.

Also, Ducks v Wings will be very enjoyable, looking forward to watching that.

Wings are my back-up team, since I'm originally from the suburbs of Detroit.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2009
    I have a weird feeling that Carolina will eliminate Boston with ease.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tox wrote: »
    Wow.

New Jersey with the stunning choke job or Carolina with the amazing comeback. Take your pick because I haven't really got to watch any of it yet.

Carolina with the Divine Favor. I was watching, it was just pure, unadulterated, raw, fucking luck.

By "luck" I don't mean they were goofing around, it's more of a planetary alignment thing.

Can't wait to see how they fair against the Bruins. Pretty big maybe, that one.

Also, Ducks v Wings will be very enjoyable, looking forward to watching that.

Wings are my back-up team, since I'm originally from the suburbs of Detroit.

It was more of a really sharp play after a slightly broken play and slight defensive breakdown, then Brodeur letting a puck in that he really should have had.

Add that to the fact that Lundqvist should have had that GW, and the goalies of those teams really have nobody to blame but themselves for losing those games.

Well, I mean besides New York being able to generate shit for offense virtually the entire series, let alone in the last period of game 7. But Lundqvist was pulled in what, 3 games in that series? I didn't watch a ton of it, but from what I saw he was getting beat pretty badly high glove side. Makes me wonder if more players won't pick that up and exploit it next year, or if he gives that up consistently and just makes up for it with the rest of his game.

Anyway, Pens/Caps next, and despite Varlamov putting up good numbers, and being fairly solid from what I saw, I just can't say he's played that great since the Rangers' offense was so anemic at even generating offense in that series. We'll see what happens, although I don't know if the Pens can win with their PP playing as shit poor as it had been most of the year and in most of the Philly series.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I have a weird feeling that Carolina will eliminate Boston with ease.

I don't know, that sounds nice. I mean, Brodeur is apparently one of the best goalies in hockey.

Hell, the "trapezoid" rule is also known as "the Brodeur" rule because of how good his stickplay used to be behind the goaline, before they started that rule.

I still think Ward is one of the best, though. If only for his pimp helmet.

Tox on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Detroit vs. Anaheim.

I can not wait for this.

GO WINGS.
    Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning! :o

You bastard.

You can actually go to an NHL playoff game.

I don't love you any less but you are an asshole.
    LETS GO RED WINGS

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You bastard.

LETS GO RED WINGS
    Just got tickets to Game 3 on Tuesday!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :o

GO REDWINGS

Bogey on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    so my roommates who are getting married bought season tix for next year to guarantee they get playoff tix this year. but their stupid wedding is during game 1 this saturday D:

also, they're going on their honeymoon next week, so guess hwo gets their tix for the caps home playoff games? aww jeah

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Niiiiiiiiice! :^:

Bogey on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    its gonna be awesome! also looking forward to the bruins-canes series, which will be redick. who's the southleast division now, suckas

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    MedBMedB Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Edited the OP for new matchups. Hoping for Vancouver, Washington, Boston and Detroit for final four.

MedB on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Those hopes are all kinds of terrible.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Vancouver pretty much deserves to fail in everything they do. Worst bandwagon fans ever.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

It was more of a really sharp play after a slightly broken play and slight defensive breakdown, then Brodeur letting a puck in that he really should have had.

Add that to the fact that Lundqvist should have had that GW, and the goalies of those teams really have nobody to blame but themselves for losing those games.

Well, I mean besides New York being able to generate shit for offense virtually the entire series, let alone in the last period of game 7. But Lundqvist was pulled in what, 3 games in that series? I didn't watch a ton of it, but from what I saw he was getting beat pretty badly high glove side. Makes me wonder if more players won't pick that up and exploit it next year, or if he gives that up consistently and just makes up for it with the rest of his game.

man lundqvist was amazing that game, i dont think many goalies in the league could have stopped that shot, it was pretty fucking fast

humble on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ok, it's probably not fair to say he lost that game for them, because he did play really well the rest of the game from what I watched. But while that shot by Fedorov was a good and fast shot, there was no screen (that I can recall, although Redden didn't exactly do much to help) and he really should have had that in that situation, and most NHL goalies should be able to make that save consistently. It was just an extremely bad time to give that up.

Schide on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You bastard.

LETS GO RED WINGS
    Just got tickets to Game 3 on Tuesday!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :o

GO REDWINGS
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

ps PM me ticket details!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ok, it's probably not fair to say he lost that game for them, because he did play really well the rest of the game from what I watched. But while that shot by Fedorov was a good and fast shot, there was no screen (that I can recall, although Redden didn't exactly do much to help) and he really should have had that in that situation, and most NHL goalies should be able to make that save consistently. It was just an extremely bad time to give that up.

it was a really good shot, from a really good player

so from what your saying is that every goal that isnt a screen should be a save?
    thats fucking retarded

humble on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MedB wrote: »
    Edited the OP for new matchups. Hoping for Vancouver, Washington, Boston and Detroit for final four.

I'm going for Vancouver, Washington, Carolina, and Anaheim

wish I had the money to go to a Ducks game this year, though if they advance to the conference finals, I might have to pull something together

the wook on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    humble wrote: »

it was a really good shot, from a really good player

so from what your saying is that every goal that isnt a screen should be a save?
    thats fucking retarded

Well, I can tell it's not going to be worth arguing with you about this because you went straight to the insults instead of just discussing the matter.

I'm just going to say it was a perfectly savable shot, and if you disagree then that's fine, but there's no need for name calling.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    its not like it was a flutter shot from the blue line

it was a fast wrist shot from the circle top corner
    it is perhaps a saveable shot for very few goalies in the league

i dont see how you can rationally say that its lundqvists fault they lost because he let that goal in

humble on
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It was a "saveable" shot in the same way that every quick, perfectly placed wrist shot by a veteran hall-of-famer is a saveable shot. Yes, he should have had it, but shit happens, he can't save every perfect shot.

Fuck that goal, though, I wanted the Caps' FIRST goal back. That shit ricocheted so much that it went from heading 3 feet wide of the net to going in almost dead center. Talk about bad goals... just unlucky.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The hottest series of the next round is going to be Penguins versus Capitals. Holy crap what a matchup.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    the problem i have with that federov shot is that the caps were using that same corner/same shot to light henrik up the past two games.

and yet the d still gave federov space to skate into the zone to set up.

guess ill root for bruins now, though i think the hurricanes are going to rough them up something fierce.

Aretè on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Great game tonight, go Canucks!

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    oh man Wings, c'mon! I am biting my nails here

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Damnit. Canes are down by two. Looks like we won't win this one. At least we're playing better than we were against the Devils.

Tox on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    and Lidstrom comes through with 40 seconds left

woo 3-2

Usagi on
  • Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Suck it Ducks.