As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] you could drive a bus through

1404142434446»

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Due if you know what std it is I would look it up to check if it can be prevented/minimized with early treatment.

Then go get tested after enough time has passed for it to show up in a test sample.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I do not know what STD it was or if it was true. But multiple sources say it was one of the treatable ones. So that's always a plus.

And sources also say that it was taken care of in the past. But golly if that doesn't bring up other questions.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    I am often dissatisfied with people's working use of the term 'rationality.'

Everyone has their own.

I don't like the caricatures people draw whereby rational behavior is supposedly the same as being a robot from 50s science fiction. If you just consider the case of instrumental rationality, aka choosing means appropriate to bringing about your ends, then there's nothing in the concept that precludes you from acting on values which include emotional content, and etcetera.

MrMister on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009

Everyone has their own.

I don't like the caricatures people draw whereby rational behavior is supposedly the same as being a robot from 50s science fiction. If you just consider the case of instrumental rationality, aka choosing means appropriate to bringing about your ends, then there's nothing in the concept that precludes you from acting on values which include emotional content, and etcetera.

I take rationality to be as it is understood in the rationalist tradition: Working from first principles.

But that's just me.

_J_ on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I do not know what STD it was or if it was true. But multiple sources say it was one of the treatable ones. So that's always a plus.

And sources also say that it was taken care of in the past. But golly if that doesn't bring up other questions.
    "Sources?" Have you not talked to her about this?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009

Everyone has their own.

Most people don't do that, though. Most people just think rationality means working under the same premises that they do.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

It would probably be sensible to talk to her about it.

_J_ on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

It would probably be sensible to talk to her about it.

This all happened in the same night.

Like the break up business happened and then the rumor me stirred up. So it's kind of late to call and bring that up. But tomorrow will be interesting.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    GRAAAAH!!!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    YOU A BITCH?

(yes)

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    GRAAAAH!!!

d...

dean?

Doc on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Did anyone of note in the 1700s not have syphilis?

Doc on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Doc wrote: »
    Did anyone of note in the 1700s not have syphilis?

Helen Keller's time traveling evil twin?

_J_ on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    In case anyone is wondering about the riveting story of me vs. the red wine stain in my parents furniture, it came out just fine with bleach.

Also, the fumes have destroyed my lungs.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    In case anyone is wondering about the riveting story of me vs. the red wine stain in my parents furniture, it came out just fine with bleach.

Also, the fumes have destroyed my lungs.

comet with bleach is the best at cleaning any hard surface.

Doc on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Fuck my feet are cramping up like crazy.

I can't even sleep it's so bad.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I m going to sleep now.

Night, [chat]! Have fun with your STDs and wine stains.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

Cramps are the worst.

I recommend making sure you're getting your nutrition. Go eat a banana, your muscles will thank you for the chemical transmitters.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Don't have bananas.

Healthiest things I have are apples and yogurt.

I know it's mainly because I'm running on 36 hours without sleep and downed a couple full pots of coffee over that period of time, so yeah I'll work on the hydration and nutrition.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I know it's mainly because I'm running on 36 hours without sleep and downed a couple full pots of coffee over that period of time, so yeah I'll work on the hydration and nutrition.

Well shit.

I just recommended nutrition because most of the times I've gotten cramps have been when I've failed to eat any fruits & vegetables whatsoever for long periods.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Don't have bananas.

Healthiest things I have are apples and yogurt.

You have any Gatorade or Powerade or anything like that?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Cramps are the worst.

I recommend making sure you're getting your nutrition. Go eat a banana, your muscles will thank you for the chemical transmitters.

so may gay jokes to be made

Doc on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also, MrMister, I totally dedicated a chat thread to you, and you weren't around.

I was so disappointed.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Doc wrote: »

Cramps are the worst.

so may gay jokes to be made

I was thinking of making one when he was asking us how to get stains out of things. Like next he was going to ask us to pick out his outfit or something :P

Nocturne on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2009
    Hawt!

800px-Briu1.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    that is from ghostbusters 2 right?

Doc on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So, is it 1830 or 1833? Like, when he started, or when he finished?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Because if it's when he started, we're almost there, now.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    And by "almost," I mean "we're there, now."

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    But if not, it could be this one.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Or maybe this one.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    But definitely this one.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    god

turn off the post counts plz

Doc on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Suppose you had accidentally let red wine drip in a line down your wooden dresser overnight and it left a stain. What the hell would you do to get it out?

Suppose this dresser was unvarnished and very pale wood--basically white.

Edit: also that it was your parents and 'ignore it' is not the best option.
    Methylated Spirits will extract it. The logic behind white wine is that it's basically red wine sans pigment. Wine is basically a bunch of stuff solvated by ethanol, so go to the source and use metho to soak it out.

Get something rubber, fill with metho over the stain, leave covered to soak.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2009
    20041217h.jpg

Tycho wrote:
    Alright. So, a couple things happened.

One, the Sony Syndrome "story" is probably over. We're fond of this as an ending place for it, but we your comic masters are mercurial and delight in misdirection. One never really knows. We promise nothing, and you should expect nothing. Nothing!

The second thing is that the Spike event sort of put me off of awards for the time being. Just as a random comment, if your 2004 awards program does not include Metroid Prime 2 or World of Warcraft, it has no authority whatsoever to coronate the king of any genre. I'm not even saying that those games need to win. I'm simply stating that the games exist and are real, news which has not reached them out there on the ragged periphery of taste and intellect. It has been our annual tradition to list the twelve most delicious games of the year here at Penny Arcade, and though the odds of us telling you our favorites are actually quite high doing it the way we've done it for the last few years really sounds awful to me. To both of us, even. So we're not going to do that.

What we are going to do is present a very short children's book concerning a celestial alignment which awakens the doom that lies dead and dreaming in R'lyeh. The first page can be found here. Ia! I'm sure you'll agree that this will be a great deal more fun for everyone involved. It goes until the 27th of December, the Monday after next. This is the cover.

cover_booksm.jpg

Child's Play: Kiko's Child's Play Shirt is, like his other work, a stunning act of design savvy. He still has a few left in the run, if you'd like to climb aboard. We're coming up on the end of this year's drive, and I have every faith that when we incorporate the gifts from the partner sites last year's high score will be defeated, and we will enter our initials.

Please consider what the games you enjoy could mean to a young person staring down a long-term illness. If you haven't given yet, it's possible you don't know: you're entirely capable of heroism. The barrier to entry is surprisingly low.

(CW)TB out.

i can't tell you why

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.