As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Banjo-Kazooie: The Bear, the Bird and the Witch. (Banjo-Tooie out now!)

15678911»

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's a platformer racer.

Trust me, it's fun if you can get past the whole "why is he driving a car graaaah" thing.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    It's a platformer racer.

Trust me, it's fun if you can get past the whole "why is he driving a car graaaah" thing.

I made it to the second world. I just hate that all the challenges have something to do with cars. Why can't I get out and do stuff?

And I don't get any other abilities other than the wrench... Do I?

urahonky on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If you bought N&B thinking it would be a classic style platformer you're gonna be disappointed. You do pretty much everything with vehicles.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, N&B isn't a platformer, it's a vehicle builder where you construct machines to solve problems and beat challenges. The platforming elements are very minor.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    It's a platformer racer.

I made it to the second world. I just hate that all the challenges have something to do with cars. Why can't I get out and do stuff?

And I don't get any other abilities other than the wrench... Do I?

Nope. The "doing stuff" revolves around figuring out how to build the best vehicle for each situation.

Again, quite fun if you can get past the lack of non-car platforming.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My main problem with N & B is just that it's confusing as fuck at first. So much stuff is going on and the levels are so big, I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing and it makes my head hurt. And GOD the interface is terrible.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My real problem with N&B is that I easily created a series of vehicles to handle pretty much every challenge posed, just upgrading wheels/engines/fuel tanks as better ones became available. Very few of them required much in the way of customization at that point if I didn't want to put the effort in. It was even worse when I played through it a second time, because it retained all my cool blueprints.

Hint: For tooling around the levels, just make a simple little airplane/helichopper with a large fuel capacity. The only level it poses a problem in is the Logbox because it's so compact and cluttered.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My problem with N&B is that I hate Logbox 720 so, so much.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The platform-y bits are in Showdown Town. Collecting all the notes there takes some good old-fashioned jumping and balancing.

But yes, LOGbox is the worst world - So cramped. So terrible. Terrarium of Terror isn't much better. Less cramped, but more confusing layout.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png