As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

T Kemper and the odds.

Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Penny Arcade Games
In case any of you are wondering, I did have T Kemper pop up recently and did quite an astounding 999 damage to a rabble of mimes recently. Just in case those of you wondering if he actually could do more than '1' damage. Yes. Yes he can.

Doubt I can replicate it though. :P

There is more to the feline than many of us are used to. I am still quite unsure if it really is 1 in 2 million odds. I guess I am quite lucky after-all.

Lucky Cynic on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    In case any of you are wondering, I did have T Kemper pop up recently and did quite an astounding 999 damage to a rabble of mimes recently. Just in case those of you wondering if he actually could do more than '1' damage. Yes. Yes he can.

There is more to the feline than many of us are used to. I am still quite unsure if it really is 1 in 2 million odds. I guess I am quite lucky after-all.

I've had that twice through the time i've played it. It's rare, but it happens.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    VelmarshalVelmarshal Registered User new member
    edited April 2009

I really did not know that. nice.

Velmarshal on
  • Options
    toriantorian Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    he actually did that the first time I used him, and then NEVER AGAIN.

torian on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, he did it exactly one time in the two times I've beaten it, on my first playthrough.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    InzoumInzoum Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, I did get the 999 damage once, I'd say maybe on my 3rd or 4th use of T. Kemper, though I didn't get the PS3 Trophy associated with killing a foe using T. Kemper. Most likely, the enemy was already damaged, so it seems it really has to be entirely T. Kemper damage for it to trigger.

I try to hold out on damaging enemies until T.Kemper is ready at least once per battle, in hopes it will eventually 999 again.

I think the "1 in 2 million something" odds are really just for fun, it's likely better than that

Inzoum on
  • Options
    yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Doesn't the achievement specifically require that T. Kemper kills the monster with his 1 damage attack?

yurnamehere on
  • Options
    toriantorian Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    yes.
    "Kill an enemy using T. Kemper's basic attack." From the achievement list

torian on
  • Options
    MistressKanaMistressKana Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    1 in two million? Come on lol. I've hit the 999 jack pot at least five or six times, albiet not in the same play through.

I always liked T kemper anyway. He eats up a lot of time so you can build up your attack.

MistressKana on
  • Options
    InzoumInzoum Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, I did end up figuring out the 1-damage T. Kemper trophy thing.

I've played through Episode 1 two times, going for the "Immortal" trophy on the second run, and all in all, I've had T. Kemper's 999 damage attack about 5 times out of what, 40-50 times?

The odds are pretty good, I'd say, only offset by the time needed to re-fill the gauge

Inzoum on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    1 in two million? Come on lol. I've hit the 999 jack pot at least five or six times, albiet not in the same play through.

I always liked T kemper anyway. He eats up a lot of time so you can build up your attack.
    You don't seem to understand chance

The odds are one in two million that his big bad will come up

It does not take two million t kemper attacks before it happens

While it can happen multiple times in a row if you are lucky, by the vast majority of people in this thread who didn't even know it was possible, it should tell you the odds are slim.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I would submit that they are not 1 in 2 million slim.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2009
    Yeah it's nowhere near that

Tube on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Personally I think the odds are 1/20. Everything else is based around a D20 roll, and Kemper's attack is sufficiently rare in its success that this would fit. Basically rolling a critical.

subedii on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh wow, I just never heard of someone actually getting it before. Kemper makes a great time sink hen trying to build up a slowly increasing special attack, so maybe in another play through he will tick again.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    IcedhopeIcedhope Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Inzoum wrote: »
    Well, I did get the 999 damage once, I'd say maybe on my 3rd or 4th use of T. Kemper, though I didn't get the PS3 Trophy associated with killing a foe using T. Kemper. Most likely, the enemy was already damaged, so it seems it really has to be entirely T. Kemper damage for it to trigger.

I try to hold out on damaging enemies until T.Kemper is ready at least once per battle, in hopes it will eventually 999 again.

I think the "1 in 2 million something" odds are really just for fun, it's likely better than that

I had three mimes all down to one hp and used T.Kemper and I got the trophy for it.

Icedhope on
    Look! Another ReMake!