As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla]-Nightwatch- Game Over - Village Victory

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !El Skid, was it you that done it?

Shabooty on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Shabooty wrote: »

Apparently, reliably (or so I claim with past historical data to back it up) claiming to be a villager has caused me to become the vote target. While mildly confusing, it'll at least provide some good voting data, I guess.

El Skid on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's less the claiming-to-be-a-villager, and more the hey-guys-contact-me-i'm-totally-a-villager thing.

Burnage on
  • SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    El Skid wrote: »
    Shabooty wrote: »

Apparently, reliably (or so I claim with past historical data to back it up) claiming to be a villager has caused me to become the vote target. While mildly confusing, it'll at least provide some good voting data, I guess.

I prefer to call it confusion data.

SpectralSpork on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    sabs you're KILLING me with the day 1 narration

SAM colon?

Raneados on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    abotkin wrote: »
    If Arasaki and Thetheroo should always be voted Day 1, how come I get your vote so often on Day 1? :P
    ... !abotkin

Wildcat on
    edited April 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    It's less the claiming-to-be-a-villager, and more the hey-guys-contact-me-i'm-totally-a-villager thing.

If you believe me, you can contact me. If not, don't.

When was the last time someone who was evil did this? When was the last time I went back on my word? (hint: never, though I've been a bit liberal with what I haven't given my word on).

So...if I'm a villager, why wouldn't we use the above to set up a network? And if you in any way believe me, why would you waste a days voting on a villager? o_O

El Skid on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Burnage wrote: »

If you believe me, you can contact me. If not, don't.

When was the last time someone who was evil did this?

Ahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahah
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Burnage on
    edited April 2009
    You don't sound convinced!

Wildcat on
    edited April 2009
    I'm with Burnage, except my laughter is more insulting. So insulting not even the internets can contain it.

SpectralSpork on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    At least we're starting things off with a bang.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited April 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

Not entirely the kind of bang I was expecting, however. :(

I was thinking with only 20 players that an early network (early seer/guard target) would pretty much give the village a huge advantage, even if noone contacted me... and that with a game this small strange roles would be minimal (so people wouldn't be concerned with thralls and conversions). Apparently there are some people who disagree with this, sadly.

The people who started the bandwagon on me will probably end up being evil, though, and can be seered or voted out for the heinous crime of denying the village this opportunity, assuming I do end up eating the vote.

El Skid on
    edited April 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

Not entirely the kind of bang I was expecting, however. :(

I was thinking with only 20 players that an early network (early seer/guard target) would pretty much give the village a huge advantage, even if noone contacted me... and that with a game this small strange roles would be minimal (so people wouldn't be concerned with thralls and conversions). Apparently there are some people who disagree with this, sadly.

The people who started the bandwagon on me will probably end up being evil, though, and can be seered or voted out for the heinous crime of denying the village this opportunity, assuming I do end up eating the vote.

Attempting to deflect suspicion? A potentially dangerous idea justified via the potential good it could provide despite massive risk? If it sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, it's probley the ducks fault.

SpectralSpork on
    edited April 2009
    To be fair, Skid used the same strategy as the vig in the Father Ted mini to basically wrap up the game for the village on Day 1. I think this is influencing his thinking.

Wildcat on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't like the idea of someone who preserves the notion of a "word" from phalla to phalla. The whole point is that we try to deceive each other. Not willing to be deceitful? You're going to bloody swing for this. !El Skid

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    To be fair, Skid used the same strategy as the vig in the Father Ted mini to basically wrap up the game for the village on Day 1. I think this is influencing his thinking.

Oh? I missed that one. Regardless, I still feel it's somewhat of an odd way to go about it.

SpectralSpork on
    edited April 2009
    Skid is very careful about that.

Wildcat on
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !Inquisitor ... not sure why, just dont like the cut of his jib.

psolms on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    jib cuts are an important part of a first impression

Raneados on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    sabs you're KILLING me with the day 1 narration

SAM colon?

I blame it on writing it around midnight.

Also I am not sure if incas is in the game or not since he hasn't replied to my PM yet. Right now let's say he is and if he decides to not play then Kingmole should hopefully take the spot.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited April 2009
    I don't like the idea of someone who preserves the notion of a "word" from phalla to phalla. The whole point is that we try to deceive each other. Not willing to be deceitful? You're going to bloody swing for this. !El Skid

You didn't read what I said. I've been evil and given my word to great effect before.

I was in a bad guy group with rotating powers, and gave my word I was a <race> seer. I was of that race, and I did have the ability to seer...I just didn't mention the fact I was a bad guy.

This time I happen to have given my word I was a villager and not mafia... which I admit does take some of the fun out of it. But as Wildcat says, I've learned that in small phallas, it's worth the effort to set up a network one day sooner. If people want to miss out on the possibility of hitting the mafia with their day 1 vote AND lose a chance for a network...I guess that's their choice.

El Skid on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    !Inquisitor ... not sure why, just dont like the cut of his jib.

That hurts man.

Cuts me real deep.

Inquisitor on
    edited April 2009
    So we're about 6-7 hours away from vote close, and this is getting pretty silly. Noone has contacted me (as I would have expected), but this voting me out thing is really dumb.

As mentioned, this game is way too small to have thralls, and in any event I am not a thrall. Voting me out is pretty retarded, so let's just find someone who has more than a snowball's chance in hell of being mafia and go with them, shall we? Then I can be hopefully seered and hopefully guarded and get this day 1 nonsense out of the way.

I'll choose Ranedos for now, because the bandwagon shifted off of him to me, and if he happened to be a baddy it'd give us lots of information re: who was trying to change the bandwagon that he had going onto me.

El Skid on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MAN no rane death :(

M.D. on
    edited April 2009
    MAN no rane death :(

But...you already voted for him and said he was evil!

El Skid on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I know what I mean is no one else is voting to kill him :(

I have nothing against rane but I do this to him all the time <3

M.D. on
    edited April 2009
    it usually works better if the vigilante outs himself and has the seer seer him and the guardian guard him, as opposed to a random villager, but the technique would work the same way

no need for people to contact skid but no need to vote him off either

Quoth on
    edited April 2009
    Rane is one of my favorite SE peeps.

I hope my fondness for him does not prove to be my downfall.

Inquisitor on
    edited April 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    it usually works better if the vigilante outs himself and has the seer seer him and the guardian guard him, as opposed to a random villager, but the technique would work the same way

no need for people to contact skid but no need to vote him off either

It's true that there is no need to gut him tonight, but, if we are not gutting him tonight, then who shall we gut? I am open to recommendations.

Inquisitor on
    edited April 2009
    i am also willing to change my mind. i really just voted for you because i saw no sense in killing off el skid.

psolms on
    edited April 2009
    i am also willing to change my mind. i really just voted for you because i saw no sense in killing off el skid.

I just...

I just wanted to get in on the bandwagon!

I just wanted to belong!

*sobs*

Inquisitor on
    edited April 2009
    i know.. i just randomly chose one of the first people to pick him. but we can be friends now.

psolms on
    edited April 2009
    i know.. i just randomly chose one of the first people to pick him. but we can be friends now.

Eeeeee!!!

BFF!

Inquisitor on
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I vote for psolms for trying really hard not to appear on the bandwagon list. I am guessing El Skid will die good, and some of the evils don't want to appear connected to that witch hunt.

Orange Soda on
    edited April 2009
    !Orange Soda for attempting to appear good! The only more perfect defense is the position I'm taking! ;P

SpectralSpork on
    edited April 2009
    honestly if he's a villager then it sucks to bandwagon him but at least he's not important

Quoth on
    edited April 2009
    well thats fair. though i would have to argue that someone doing evil would be more inclined to 'hide' within the bandwagon situation, rather than draw attention to themselves.

psolms on
    edited April 2009
    well thats fair. though i would have to argue that someone doing evil would be more inclined to 'hide' within the bandwagon situation, rather than draw attention to themselves.

You'd like to think that wouldn't you, but those of us who act obnoxious tend to be the first to go.

SpectralSpork on
    edited April 2009
    I was in a bad guy group with rotating powers, and gave my word I was a <race> seer. I was of that race, and I did have the ability to seer...I just didn't mention the fact I was a bad guy.
    And the reason I remembered that is because I was one of his partners in crime, fact fans. I was not nearly as good at hiding it though.

Wildcat on