From the creator of Democratic File System
Pirates Are Excellent Liars
On the deck of the The Dreaming Wolf of the Four Seas the waves were barely audible over the wind. This made the mutiny easier than expected. Captain Zot Awesome, known as Captain Butt to his friends, turned when he heard them but it was too late. His "ARRRR" was short and unheard and his body was not discovered until the watch changed a few hours later.
After the alarm woke the crew, a hushed group of twenty-eight pirates gathered around the corpse of their beloved leader. The laws of the pirates clearly state that anybody who claimed the ship would be clearly in their rights to do so. Nobody was willing do so as it would cast doubt on their loyalty to Zot.
The Wolf sailed on towards the buried treasure on Zot's map. The pirates were too busy arguing about who they thought was an arse-faced and traitorous mutineer to notice.
Each day, players must vote for one player who they believe to be a mutineer to be eliminated from the game. Vote for the player who you find most suspicious in bold red
with “!vote for <player name>
” or similar phrase. You may change your vote in the same color. The player who receives the most votes will walk the plank. Should there be a tie in the vote, then a random player among those tied will be eliminated. The game day will end at 9 PM PDT / midnight EDT / 4 AM UTC each day. Actions or votes timestamped at 11:59 EDT will be accepted, but those marked 12:00 will not.
Standard Phalla rules apply: no sharing of role PMs via direct quotation. However, information in them may be shared indirectly, such as through rephrasing, and other PMs from me can be quoted. No screenshots. No anonymous contact is allowed. All messages must be traceable to a player in the game.
If any players create proboards for private communication, please send a link for it to the host. Ask me for clarifications in orange
or via PM or IM.
[tiny]Thanks are due to Mrblarney, whose OP I blatantly stole these rules from. He probably stole them from somewhere else, though.[/tiny]
- If your role allows you to send PMs to me, I will only take the last PM as the valid one.
- I will only take the last vote each person makes, ignoring the others.
- If you are in one of the groups of mutineers and you know you have a kill, any of you may send it.
- All six mutineers, a group of three and a group of two and a lone one, win together.
- There are seven pirates who must die in order for the loyal pirates to win.
- Unless your role PM says you are a mutineer, you are loyal.
- Your pirate name is meaningless and unique. Feel free to make up a more fitting one.
- Many role PMs have a lie or two in them. Be careful.
- For those with post restrictions: if you blatantly fail at adhering to the restriction you will be punished.
- For those who are inactive: you will be punished.
- If a mutineer kill targets a fellow mutineer, the kill does nothing.
Order of Operations: Redirection, roleblocking, other nondeadly powers, all kills
All powers in each of those groups occur at the same time. One consequence of this is that there is no way to redirect the kill vote by killing the winner.
- Dac Vin, Pirate Waldo - flaming gerbils + blowgun (Day Six)
- GrimmyTOA, Fourth Mate - filled with toothpicks and battered by eyes (Day Four)
- Fiaryn, Fifth Mate and Mutineer - walked the plank (Day Four)
- Kid Presentable, Pirate Jester Ghost - did not duck when faced with a brace of baby ducks (Day Five)
- Toxic Toys, The Cartographer and Mutineer - shot by a souvenir Cupid's arrow (Day Three)
- KrataLightblade, Pirate Detective - killed by mutineers (Day Seven)
- delroland, First Mate and Mutineer - walked the plank (Day Three)
- [strike]Look Out it's Sabs![/strike] lonelyahava, Badass Bill - "lady and the tiger"ed by mutineers (Day Six)
- Burnage, Pirate Linguist - walked the plank (Day Two)
- TheLawinator, Pirate Dunce – walked the plank (Day Seven)
- Witch Doctor, DBM, Pirate Detective - killed by mutineers (Day Five)
- SpectralSpork, Airship Pirate and Pirate Lookout - pushed off the crow's nest by mutineers (Day Two)
- JaysonFour, Pirate Yeoman – killed by mutineers (Day Seven)
- Andrew Ryan
- Tommy2Hands, Third Mate and Mutineer - walked the plank (Day Six)
- Verr, Pirate Master-At-Arms – killed by mutineers (Day Five)
- simonwolf, Pirate Codemaster – sworded by mutineers (Day Three)
- Obbi, Crazy Pete - cursed to death (Day Four)
- Kay, The Pirate Cook's Son - mutineer stabbed, swine flu'd, cursed (Day One)
- KingMole, Pirate Detective - walked the plank (Day Five)
- Edcrab, Pirate Grammatician - walked the plank (Day One)
- Gumpy, Pirate Detective - sworded by mutineers (Day Four)
- kime, Pirate Detective and Pirate King - fork in the face (Day Two)
- Chapter One
- Chapter Two
- Chapter Three
- Chapter Four
- Chapter Five
- Chapter Six
- Chapter Seven
- Chapter Eight
- Role PMs and Explanations
In case you completely skipped the rules, read this:
Many role PMs have a lie or two in them. Be careful.
However, the narrations and results PMs I send are accurate given everybody's real role PM.