As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Carpocalypse Now: And then there was one...

12346»

• Options
    12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    japan wrote: »
    Bring the Panda over as a jeep product with a new look fitting the brand.

I'm not sure I'm following you here. Why badge the Panda as a Jeep? It's the polar opposite of what the brand is known for.

Apparently Panda's (at least the old ones) are good for some offroading :P

http://www.lagazzettadelsudafrica.net/Articoli/2007/Aprile/Art_130407_7.htm

Although the offroad pacakge for the new one looks nasty:

Fiat-Panda-Cross-0.jpg

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    NatheoNatheo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Looks like a Jeep to me. Ship it!

Natheo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NorthGuardNorthGuard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Super late on this, but:
    I haven't seen many police going to the newest Impala. See plenty of the 2000-05 model, but few of the new style, not even with the V8. There's been a number of Chargers popping up locally, but I hear tell that the Chargers are more expensive than the police would like.
    On of the bigger problems with the Impala is that more and more agencies are adopting mobile data terminals, and most configurations, plus the bulk from the radio and emergency equipment (aka lights and sirens) panels ... etc. can make the smaller Impala passenger space unsafe for a second officer. The other issues are apparently related to stability at high speeds (over 90 mph). I think the Crown Vic is superior on both these counts

Someone mentioned a company looking into purpose-designed police vehicles - I think that's a great idea. This has been done for ages with fire trucks and ambulances, and there's enough specialization involved in policing for it to be viable, IMO.

Re: The Chrysler pre-filing deal, it failed because some of the 'small' debt holders wanted more than 33 cents on the dollar... I can't find the article, but they think they can get sixty cents. I actually don't think that's unreasonable, but I guess we'll see how much the government interferes with the restructuring.

NorthGuard on