As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Announced for 360/PS3: It's out for 360! 2 weeks for PS3 users!

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If you can pull off even one of the games many infinites to kill your opponent from 100% to zero over the internet then you deserve a cookie.

I don't generally like MvC2, I'm sure some of the guys who were around in the earlier SF4 threads may remember some of my rantings, but the game is just pure fun with a bunch of people playing casual matches all around the same skill level. Playing with you folks will either make or break Marvel for me.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    AlienCowThatMoosAlienCowThatMoos Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I'm irritated that you don't have to unlock characters, I enjoyed playing through the game a bunch of times with all the different characters to unlock others.

Seriously? MvC 2 had the worst fucking unlock system ever. It took aaaages to get everything. Honestly, nobody should have to go through arcade mode more than one time, especially when there's online play. Unlocking characters in SF4 was bad enough; this game is like 5 times worse.

I unlocked everything in two versions already. I used to just turn on the training mode and go to work. Come back ten hours later and I'd have enough points to unlock one or two new character. Good times.

AlienCowThatMoos on
    SpidermanSig.jpg
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    There seem to be a lot of misconceptions about the infinites in this game. I mean removing them wouldn't even really make the game less broken. Mag's attacks are still going to be faster than everyone, and plus rom only does 1 damage after a certain point so if anything resets and the like add really interesting decisions into the mix.

If it's one thing that wrecks this game it is triangle jumping.

And yes xmen vs street fighter is superior.
    The guy just plain out-played an opponent who had a massive advantage.

He won because hes JUSTINNN WONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG.

He more or less always wins.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm gonna be rocking a Sakura and Jill team and get raped so hard. :(

Edit: third one is random from Capcom.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MvsC2 is arguably the most fun fighting game ever.

It is also possibly one of the most horribly unbalanced. I'm still a bit mystified by the giant competitive scene it has.

Also Captain Commando/Strider/Amingo ftw

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I always picked Iceman / Ironman / Sakura - I don't think I was ever very good at the game but I had fun with it.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That just means you're doing it right FuriousJodo.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Iceman - Jill - Captain Commando, I'll see you bitches online.

ICE BEAM! ICE BEAM! ICE BEAM! ICE BEAM! ICE BEAM! ICE BEAM! ICE BEAM! ICE BEAM!

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My friends and I played this casually all throughout high school and even at our scrubtastic level the game was obviously imbalanced. Despite that we always had a blast picking our favorite characters and kicking ass.

We had some of the most ridiculous matches with megaman/megaman/megaman vs. megaman/megaman/megaman

Squirrel Rancher on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I used to win with my "Triple Dan Threat" quite often.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wow... none of you play top tier?

That’s actually pretty cool, and good for me. Most of my friends only play top tier... which gets boring to me after a while. Magneto, Storm, Sentinel. Magneto, Phsylocke, Sentinel. Cable, Cyclops, Sentinel.

I personally enjoy rolling with Jill, Captain Commando, Iron Man/Cable. Eh, I like a lot of the characters, just doesn't usually work out to well against MSP. :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Jubeh wrote: »
    If you want to see some marvel matches that are wacky, check out every VDO vid on this page.

http://zachd.com/mvc2/recent.php

He uses Rogue/Colossus/Ken and does alright. He is really good, but you can't really win tourneys with a team like that.

That site is terrible. All it shows is Sentinel/Magneto/Storm against Sentinel/Magneto/Storm matches.

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
  • Options
    ReiRei New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This is so bought. Time to rock Team Gambit, War Machine, and random #3 fighter!

Rei on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    YES.

GOD YES.

Juggy/Sentinel/Blackheart going to rock you all.

I'll need to hook my DC back up for some practice.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DudBolt wrote: »
    If you want to see some marvel matches that are wacky, check out every VDO vid on this page.

He uses Rogue/Colossus/Ken and does alright. He is really good, but you can't really win tourneys with a team like that.

That site is terrible. All it shows is Sentinel/Magneto/Storm against Sentinel/Magneto/Storm matches.

Oh the irony.

I love you.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Page- wrote: »

Oh the irony.

I love you.

I didn't get the memo did I?

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wow... none of you play top tier?

That’s actually pretty cool, and good for me. Most of my friends only play top tier... which gets boring to me after a while. Magneto, Storm, Sentinel. Magneto, Phsylocke, Sentinel. Cable, Cyclops, Sentinel.

I personally enjoy rolling with Jill, Captain Commando, Iron Man/Cable. Eh, I like a lot of the characters, just doesn't usually work out to well against MSP. :)

Your friends are boring.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    ThePrimmThePrimm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    yea you missed it but the reason it shows only those characters is because that is what top level play has boiled down to.

ThePrimm on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Well there was the one with the odd man out who used Strider and Doctor Doom. And he won, so thats gotta count for something.

But he still used sentinel.

My team usually consists of Hayato/Strider/Gambit. Sadly I didn't really have anyone to play against but I had a rockin' good time playing against the computer. It was basically my play-thing on the hardest difficulty.

DudBolt on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wow, that guy I talked to Saturday was telling the truth. Fuck yes. Time for Psylocke, Cammy and Chun Li to make a reunion tour.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    a Ferreta Ferret 360 Dunk from Half Court Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lucky for me, my Xbox MvC2 still does not function correctly on my 360. Thanks Microsoft! Guess you'll be getting more of my money for a functional copy.

a Ferret on
    Battle.net Polite#1852 | 3DS 2681-0927-8518 | Steam
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    There seem to be a lot of misconceptions about the infinites in this game. I mean removing them wouldn't even really make the game less broken. Mag's attacks are still going to be faster than everyone, and plus rom only does 1 damage after a certain point so if anything resets and the like add really interesting decisions into the mix.

If it's one thing that wrecks this game it is triangle jumping.

And yes xmen vs street fighter is superior.
    The guy just plain out-played an opponent who had a massive advantage.

He won because hes JUSTINNN WONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG.

He more or less always wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIyHXaenWuA

Antihippy on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I love how Kuroda always lets the timer run out when he picks Q.

"Yes, it will be slow. I will out-turtle you and get my 30% damage reduction taunts in. Thanks though, enjoy."

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    And he let's in a fourth one just because he can. :lol:

What's kuroda doing nowadays anyway? Does he play SF4?

Antihippy on
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well there was the one with the odd man out who used Strider and Doctor Doom. And he won, so thats gotta count for something.

But he still used sentinel.

My team usually consists of Hayato/Strider/Gambit. Sadly I didn't really have anyone to play against but I had a rockin' good time playing against the computer. It was basically my play-thing on the hardest difficulty.

Doom is good. Fingerbeams!!!!

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    G RolG Rol Dorsia? Nobody goes there anymore... Nell'sRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man, I used to rock Cable, Iron Man, and Hood. Loved the screen filling mega-ultra-super trifecta. I imagine I'll be sticking w/ SF4 though.

G Rol on

G%20Rol.jpg
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm really excited for this, I've always enjoyed the game for just how over the top it is, hell I even love the jazz music.

Just make sure you're all ready for the might that is

SERVBOT

Servbot.jpg

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My Sakura, Jill, Ken team will still be terrible. But i like it so much.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Still though, this should mean that Capcom vs SNK should be an actual possibility right?

Marvel is fun, but CvS > MvC.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man, it's been a while. I think my old team was Shuma Gorath, Sentinel, and Blackheart.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Still though, this should mean that Capcom vs SNK should be an actual possibility right?

:^:

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    CvS gets super annoying with all the roll canceling shenanigans though. Fun game, but while we might see Storm/Sent/Mag/Psy type teams all day on MVC2, we'll be seeing A-groove Bisons "painting the fence" all day on CVS2. I guess each game has its own poison. At least in MVC2, you get to spam buttons and get pretty pictures on the screen :)

I'd still like to see Hokuto No Ken, Testunoko v Capcom and maybe one day a 3S HDremix version on 360 sometime. So few adjustments need to be made to 3S and it'd be such a balanced game.

I suck horribly at all versus games, but it'd going to be sweet rocket punching fools all day. I guess I won't feel bad now if the Dreamcast dies on me.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Malkor wrote: »

Speaking of, I can't wait for the HD re-birth of the King of Fighters series. It's ludicrous how much time and effort they're putting into that. IIRC each animator can complete 1.5 frames of animation a day. I shudder to think how many man hours it took to generate the entire cast.

Also, shouldn't your sig read "If I'm wrong please correct."?

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Actually, screw those. I'd kill for a Guilty gear with good online play.

3S HDremix/crappy filter would be nice too though. On 360 and PS3.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Actually, screw those. I'd kill for a Guilty gear with good online play.

Apparently some dudes patched it in on the Japanese PC version:

http://www.arcade-renaissance.com/2007/04/guilty-gear-xx-r-online-for-pc.html

subedii on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    There's a PC version?

The OXbox version has online too, but I meant one made for a console this generation. :(

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    There's a PC version?

The OXbox version has online too, but I meant one made for a console this generation. :(

Bizarre I know. PC gaming is still pretty much unheard of in Japan. Well, except for the obvious:
    Well, the idea that hentai makes up most commercial Japanese PC games is a misconception. Hentai, to varying degrees, makes up all commercial Japanese PC games.

subedii on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    subedii wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »

Speaking of, I can't wait for the HD re-birth of the King of Fighters series. It's ludicrous how much time and effort they're putting into that. IIRC each animator can complete 1.5 frames of animation a day. I shudder to think how many man hours it took to generate the entire cast.

Also, shouldn't your sig read "If I'm wrong please correct."?

D:

I'm going from memory, and I haven't seen the show since like 2000.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just ditched my Dreamcast copy on Goozex for 1000 points (around $50ish).

Daedalus on