As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

When I yawn my eyes get wattery

THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny.Real shiny.Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Your as stumped as I am, I'm sure. Then again I am the same guy that burst blood vessels in his eyes and can sneeze smoke (separate incidents).

I get annoyed having red, wattery, eyes in a social job that involves eye contact.

Help?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
THEPAIN73 on

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2009
    This is what happens when you yawn.

Although excessive tearing is probably the result of allergies.

Unknown User on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I know mine do it too.

mcdermott on
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think most people get this, not a lot you can do about it other than to stop yourself yawning (I personally hate doing that) or get more sleep.

Casual on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, it's a part of yawning. I'm sure there's some evolutionary explanation for it - maybe moisturizing your eyes so you feel less tired or something.

KalTorak on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    my eyes were wattery as i read this thread title because i was yawning at the time... both creeped me out and cracked me up..

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Everyone's eyes water when they yawn. Maybe pressure on the tear ducts?

CelestialBadger on
  • DanJamesDanJames Registered User new member
    edited April 2009
    When you yawn, it places pressure on the nasolacrimal duct, obstructing the draining of tears out of your eyes. I've actually yawned so much that I start to CRY!!

DanJames on
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My eyes water when I yawn, excessively, but I have chronic hayfever anyway.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • KillgrimageKillgrimage Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It happens to me too and I hate it. I'm lying down and all comfy for sleep, then I yawn and suddenly my pillow is all wet.

More than once I've yawned at work and my boss asked me if I was stressed out about something (i.e. crying).

I fucking HATE crying.

Killgrimage on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2009
    DanJames wrote: »
    When you yawn, it places pressure on the nasolacrimal duct, obstructing the draining of tears out of your eyes. I've actually yawned so much that I start to CRY!!

I have some thing where my eyes water excessively for five minutes whenever I lie down. I tell my friends that I cry myself to sleep every night. :P

Echo on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You probably have eye cancer. Only keep one eye open at a time and you'll be good.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You probably have eye cancer. Only keep one eye open at a time and you'll be good.

Would gripping my pillow tight help as well?

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • KidDynamiteKidDynamite Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, a friend of mine had the same thing happening, went to the doctor and everything.
    Two days later... Dead.

Seriously, I'm thinking you are pretty normal in that regard.

KidDynamite on