Options

New iPod Shuffle (talking 4GB) stereo adapters

2»

Posts

  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Honestly I would like the new Shuffle interface style if it wasn't for that retarded lockout chip. There is no way you can spin that as being beneficial to the customer.

    Daedalus on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Honestly I would like the new Shuffle interface style if it wasn't for that retarded lockout chip. There is no way you can spin that as being beneficial to the customer.

    Um...maybe it ensures that any product a consumer buys will function properly, as it's been licensed and (theoretically) checked out by Apple?

    I mean, it's not like the control module is something simple, something I could probably build in my basement out of parts I have laying around given the specs and a bit of time.

    Oh, wait, yeah it probably is.


    Like I said, that would be one option to make this acceptable.

    mcdermott on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Honestly I would like the new Shuffle interface style if it wasn't for that retarded lockout chip. There is no way you can spin that as being beneficial to the customer.

    Um...maybe it ensures that any product a consumer buys will function properly, as it's been licensed and (theoretically) checked out by Apple?

    I mean, it's not like the control module is something simple, something I could probably build in my basement out of parts I have laying around given the specs and a bit of time.

    Oh, wait, yeah it probably is.


    Like I said, that would be one option to make this acceptable.

    I've already got that guarantee. It's called "if it doesn't work properly, I take it back to the store and demand a refund". It's been working pretty well for third-party electronics crap for my whole life now. I don't need Apple's help, really.

    Daedalus on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Daedalus wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Honestly I would like the new Shuffle interface style if it wasn't for that retarded lockout chip. There is no way you can spin that as being beneficial to the customer.

    Um...maybe it ensures that any product a consumer buys will function properly, as it's been licensed and (theoretically) checked out by Apple?

    I mean, it's not like the control module is something simple, something I could probably build in my basement out of parts I have laying around given the specs and a bit of time.

    Oh, wait, yeah it probably is.


    Like I said, that would be one option to make this acceptable.

    I've already got that guarantee. It's called "if it doesn't work properly, I take it back to the store and demand a refund". It's been working pretty well for third-party electronics crap for my whole life now. I don't need Apple's help, really.

    I know. Hence the reason that post took a turn for the sarcastic. :P

    It's an obvious attempt to squeeze more money (indirectly) out of their customers on the back end through licensing fees. But it's Apple, so that's pretty much what I expect.

    mcdermott on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dudes, stop arguing with Obs.

    Apple is perfect, it's been ordained by God to bring good unto our dirty and complicated world of buttons and interfaces. Whenever people have any problem with a completely perfect apple product, it's always their fault for not understanding. Really, I think apple shouldn't even sell their flawless diamonds, they should keep them in a vault miles under the ground, away from the dumb unwashed masses. There, Obs would be able to bask in their glory as one of the high priests of the church of apple. I mean, the OP should be honored that Obs called his parents stupid with his very polite first post in this thread.


    Anyways, concerning the shuffle, i really think it was a major step back. I have a 2nd gen shuffle and it does the job right. I keep it clipped to my belt loop, and use the face controls without even looking at it, under my shirt. I always have the earphone (not apple, by the way, the default phones suck) wire running under my shirt, to keep a low profile, so the wire controls would be a problem to me. I just wish they had a 4GB 2nd Gen Shuffle, that would be perfect.

    Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
Sign In or Register to comment.