As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How is that even food?

• Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    necroSYS wrote: »
    Something I find delicious is a Bacon and Peanut Butter sandwich on toasted wheat bread.

I eat this with a glass of molasses milk, which is a treat on it's own as well.

Christ, you must be fat as a house. Enjoy your diabeetus!

I'm not fat.

EDIT: I'm big boned.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    necroSYS wrote: »
    Something I find delicious is a Bacon and Peanut Butter sandwich on toasted wheat bread.

I eat this with a glass of molasses milk, which is a treat on it's own as well.

Christ, you must be fat as a house. Enjoy your diabeetus!

I'm not fat.

EDIT: I'm big boned.

From the stress of the fat on your skeleton?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    oh an to add to the topic not of "oh god that's not food" my Mom, god love her, always sets aside leftover for me. Well her and my Dad BBQ'd burgers and they did a few too many, so over to my house four wonderful flame grilled patties did come. Except she put slices of processed cheese on each of them.

Now this is ok out of the gate, when you pull the burgers off the grill. Real cheese is preferable, but processed works in a pinch. Fast forward to two weeks later, after these patties have been cooled and sitting in my freezer, then thawed for delicious consumption.

I of course heat them up in the microwave, and the "cheese" just turns to liquid nothingness. I didn't know processed cheese could get anymore D: until I bit into these puppies. On an onion bun with toppings made it palatable, but my god. The "cheese" on it's own tasted like toothpaste. I called my mom and requested that if she ever did that again, don't bother with the "cheese"

TL;DR Processed cheese is a hideous amalgam of chemicals that don't survive like normal food does

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    rufo wrote: »
    BubbaT wrote: »
    KG3000 wrote: »
    I always add tabasco to my ramen. If we go out to eat ramen I usually get the とんとんめん (tontonmen) which can be pretty spicy depending on the shop. Spicy is good.
    180px-Sriracha_hot_chili_sauce.jpg
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/dining/20united.html
    It's so funny how this is just becoming mainstream-popular, when it's been around for almost 30 years.
    I've been putting rooster sauce in pizza, hamburgers, soups for years. It's great, and does just what a condiment is supposed to do... enhance and complement, rather than cover up.

GungHo on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    rufo wrote: »
    BubbaT wrote: »
    KG3000 wrote: »
    I always add tabasco to my ramen. If we go out to eat ramen I usually get the とんとんめん (tontonmen) which can be pretty spicy depending on the shop. Spicy is good.
    180px-Sriracha_hot_chili_sauce.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/dining/20united.html
    It's so funny how this is just becoming mainstream-popular, when it's been around for almost 30 years.

The Times is a great paper, but it doesn't exactly have its finger on the pulse of the American public. That's what makes articles like that so much fun to read.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I have a rice cooker for the convenience of it.

put the water and rice into the thing, set the timer to start cooking an hour or so before I get home from work, and by the time I get home, boom. rice is done.

sometimes i add in frozen veggies or some spices and butter. But my rice is always perfectly cooked for dinner when I get home, or when I wake up in the morning to pack in my lunches for work. It's just... simpler that way. Also, I can experiment with things like tossing seafood and such into it.

one of the best dishes i ever made in my rice cooker was white rice, baby shrimps, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, shitake mushrooms, baby peas, baby corn, all cooked in a light chicken stock that i made.

so. good. and perfect for taking to work with me and impressing my coworkers with my use of chopsticks.

I tell you, they think i'm like a goddess now or something cause i can pick up a grain of rice with chopsticks.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You sure seem to like eating babies.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    they're tasty and so sweet....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

When he makes an off-the-wall proposal like that, aren't you supposed to be more modest?

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/uclickcomics/20090528/cx_zi_uc/zi20090528;_ylt=Ah3LSyAcGjvzicpsP7eCN6a26ysC

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Decius wrote: »
    .... and boy have I fucked up rice before.

WAAAHAHAHA!

:mrgreen:

emnmnme on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My ex fucked up instant rice before because she insisted on helping me cook in some small way and that was the only way I'd let her.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    emnmnme wrote: »

When he makes an off-the-wall proposal like that, aren't you supposed to be more modest?

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/uclickcomics/20090528/cx_zi_uc/zi20090528;_ylt=Ah3LSyAcGjvzicpsP7eCN6a26ysC

but but but... they really are so delectable!

and the answer to all the problems of the poor! Just think, all the worlds financial problems can be solved by birthing and trading sweet succulent babies as delicacies for the rich!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    chasm wrote: »
    My ex fucked up instant rice before because she insisted on helping me cook in some small way and that was the only way I'd let her.

Guess that's why she's an ex. Hoh hoh hoh!

Sorry...

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Arde wrote: »

Guess that's why she's an ex. Hoh hoh hoh!

Sorry...

Nah, the story of the breakup belongs in S&EM.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009

and the answer to all the problems of the poor! Just think, all the worlds financial problems can be solved by birthing and trading sweet succulent babies as delicacies for the rich!

Have that Jonathan Swift fellow write your idea down posthaste! He's new but he's good.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You know, I'm sure it's not any better for me, but coming from a background where Krispy Kreme was about my only option, I'm really liking the less heavily glazed donut options available to me here.

I mean, I can't help but still like Krispy Kreme somewhat but I feel like I need to brush my teeth after one bite.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Have that Jonathan Swift fellow write your idea down posthaste! He's new but he's good.

you are my new favorite.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    For god sakes people, some of us aren't that good at timing when we cook. A rice cooker allows you to not have to worry about fucking up a pot of rice whilst prepping whatever other dishes you have in your meal, and boy have I fucked up rice before. I like to have my prepped in under an hour, and since I'm not super-chef like some hear are making themselves sound like I like all the help I can get.

Aridhol on
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You know, I'm sure it's not any better for me, but coming from a background where Krispy Kreme was about my only option, I'm really liking the less heavily glazed donut options available to me here.

I mean, I can't help but still like Krispy Kreme somewhat but I feel like I need to brush my teeth after one bite.

I don't think I will ever get the appeal of Krispy Kreme. It just tastes like very, very fluffy sugar to me, almost like cotton candy baked in butter or something.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Agreed. When I moved here, everyone raved about them. After trying one, I just thought that they didn't have shit on Dunkin Donuts.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Krispy Kreme: do you want donut with your sugar?

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    king_sleepking_sleep Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i like my donuts with maple and bacon on top from voodoo

king_sleep on
    3DS Friend Code:4596-9457-3563
  • Options
    ruforufo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Agreed. When I moved here, everyone raved about them. After trying one, I just thought that they didn't have shit on Dunkin Donuts.

You have to get 'em hot. Hot they're amazing, cold they're... less than impressive.
    king_sleep wrote: »
    i like my donuts with maple and bacon on top from voodoo

omg. My friend and I went to a programming conference in Portland last year and made sure to stop by Voodoo Doughnut:

(his pic, not mine)
    3269275065_f8a8855734.jpg

The Maple Bacon Bar is far, far better than it has any right to be. It's probably a good thing that I don't live in Portland, cause those would be hard to resist.

I had the Oreo doughnut on the left, which was also fantastic.

rufo on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Aridhol wrote: »
    For god sakes people, some of us aren't that good at timing when we cook. A rice cooker allows you to not have to worry about fucking up a pot of rice whilst prepping whatever other dishes you have in your meal, and boy have I fucked up rice before. I like to have my prepped in under an hour, and since I'm not super-chef like some hear are making themselves sound like I like all the help I can get.
    If "boil rice in water, turn heat to low, set timer for ~25 minutes" is too hard, the kitchen might not be a place for you. There's nothing wrong with rice cookers but people are making cooking rice out to be a herculean task.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It does make it a lot easier when you're cooking several things at once.

Duffel on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If "boil rice in water, turn heat to low, set timer for ~25 minutes" is too hard, the kitchen might not be a place for you. There's nothing wrong with rice cookers but people are making cooking rice out to be a herculean task.

No. Some people here are trying to say that there is absolutely no good reason to use a rice cooker, and if you do you somehow don't know how to cook. Which is bullshit.

Convenience is a damn good reason to own and use one.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    oldmanken wrote: »

No. Some people here are trying to say that there is absolutely no good reason to use a rice cooker, and if you do you somehow don't know how to cook. Which is bullshit.

Convenience is a damn good reason to own and use one.

There's convenience and then there's a prop on The Jetsons, a world where pushing buttons gets you a meatloaf and Jane Jetson still complains she slaved away in the kitchen. A rice cooker belongs in the Jetsons' kitchen.

I had a great idea for an alcoholic drink - one part vodka, two parts sugar. I think it'd be a big hit with the kids. What do you all think? Can it be food?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dude...

Bacon-infused waffles.

Also, I like the vodka idea. You can't hook kids soon enough.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Is this proof that Man has surpassed the Almighty Creator? Have our works yet become divine?

No really, if God ate waffles, he'd eat those.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Bacon-infused? Nah, that's just bacon filled. Or even just waffle-wrapped bacon. And if you want to cram a whole piece of bacon in your mouth, you have to cram a whole waffle in your mouth too.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Bacon-infused? Nah, that's just bacon filled. Or even just waffle-wrapped bacon. And if you want to cram a whole piece of bacon in your mouth, you have to cram a whole waffle in your mouth too.

This is a problem?

Drake on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Drake wrote: »

This is a problem?
    If I'm stuffing my mouth with smoky meat I don't want a waffle in the way!

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    hahaha, www.baconbaconbacon.com
    I LOVE IT!

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I LOVE IT!
    A domain placeholder?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    No way ... sliced bacon gift baskets! The perfect Father's Day present?

http://www.shopzilla.com/gift-baskets/sliced-bacon/16010600/products

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Tumblr really is my favorite Web 2.0 site ever.
    Bacon-infused? Nah, that's just bacon filled.

That's what "This Is Why You're Fat" called it. I'm just reposting.
    If I'm stuffing my mouth with smoky meat I don't want a waffle in the way!

You, sir, are a communist.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    BabbleBabble Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dude...

Bacon-infused waffles.

That's probably the best looking thing to show up on 'this is why you're fat.'.

Babble on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Babble wrote: »
    Dude...

Bacon-infused waffles.

That's probably the best looking thing to show up on 'this is why you're fat.'.

What about your avatar of a hamster sandwiched between two pancakes? Looks equally tasty if you ask me.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I LOVE IT!
    A domain placeholder?
    I misread the url from the earlier link.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    And from Dominoes:
    i2dw5nf19nxj4myhkg4RB6nao1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1243825646&Signature=6dpFig4NBURhHTcEFjPGNiYeIEU%3D

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.