Options

[Let's Play] Zone of the Enders. (05/14) set06 -- THE END!

• Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I vote for ZOE too, that game looks awesome. If you don't play it, I vote for you to send it to me so that I can :P

Should that fall through, Prysm looks crazy enough to be entertaining enough to watch you play

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm just popping in to say that whatever gets picked I'm there for. Kaseius does the best Lets Plays.

Remington on
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    How good are you at Valkyrie Profile 2, Kaseius? Watching someone who knows what they're doing would be awesome.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Glenn565 wrote: »
    How good are you at Valkyrie Profile 2, Kaseius? Watching someone who knows what they're doing would be awesome.

I've actually never played it. Just watched a little. I was really surprised by the graphics; very good!
    Remington wrote: »
    I'm just popping in to say that whatever gets picked I'm there for. Kaseius does the best Lets Plays.

Hey, thanks! I'm glad you like them! :D

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mark of Kri would be good if you can stay with it and stay consistent. I loved the game up until some point into it with a bunch of the stealth where I just completely fell out with it. Maybe in the future.

I vote Pryzm for now, because of that damn Snake-necked Unicorn. And the Dwarftroll.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    PRYZM. Jaws Unleashed is fun and all, but boring to watch once you get to the open sandbox environment.

Killer 7 may be a good choice as well because the Let's Play on Youtube is ass quality.

Of course, the bestest one to play is Eternal Darkness.

Have you seen the (currently running) Killer7 LP on SA? Because that is straight sex
    Kaseius I'm gonna go with "You should play Valkyria Chronicles, because VC needs the popularity boost, plus, I'd love you forever"
    And ever

Rent on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Rent wrote: »
    PRYZM. Jaws Unleashed is fun and all, but boring to watch once you get to the open sandbox environment.

Killer 7 may be a good choice as well because the Let's Play on Youtube is ass quality.

Of course, the bestest one to play is Eternal Darkness.

Have you seen the (currently running) Killer7 LP on SA? Because that is straight sex
    Kaseius I'm gonna go with "You should play Valkyria Chronicles, because VC needs the popularity boost, plus, I'd love you forever"
    And ever
    VC would be way too long though.. I think he should stick to shorter action games like Raw Danger and stuff.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Okay, Pryzm is.. well.. I'll let you decide. :rotate:

Set01: Shadow Horse with a Horn
    This is probably the only set you are going to get of this game, so you better enjoy. :evil:

Kaseius on
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The gameplay looked so horrible and those videos were really painful to watch. :|
    Your mana seems to be only refilled on purifed ground. Which seems logical but is a pretty dumb game mechanic.

Anyways out of all the ones you own, I wouldnt mind watching any of these:
    Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
    God of War
    Ico
    Katamari Damacy
    Metal Gear Solid
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Summoner
    tokobot plus
    Valkyrie Profile 2
    Zone of the Enders
    Oblivion GotY
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Pikmin 2
    Or Okami... Or Okage.

Adellios on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, I think the graphics are really throwing you off. A kiddie game this ain't.

That said, it looks like the problem of not having regenerating mana is compounded by you not being very good at this, Kase. The game itself doesn't look that bad, though it's probably not something I'd play myself.

The games I'd really like to see are Yakuza and Mark of Kri (<3).

Is Summoner the PS2 launch title? The only one of those that I know of being worth a damn was Armored Core 2. But I haven't played Summoner, so I can't say anything about it from experience.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, I think the graphics are really throwing you off. A kiddie game this ain't.

That said, it looks like the problem of not having regenerating mana is compounded by you not being very good at this, Kase. The game itself doesn't look that bad, though it's probably not something I'd play myself.

The games I'd really like to see are Yakuza and Mark of Kri (<3).

Is Summoner the PS2 launch title? The only one of those that I know of being worth a damn was Armored Core 2. But I haven't played Summoner, so I can't say anything about it from experience.

I'm terrible at it D:

Right now I'm trying out Tokobots to see how it is, Yakuza would be fun but it's really long sometimes -- as many random encounters as a JRPG!

Summoner is a pretty early title from what I remember, and someone said that it wouldn't be for a very good LP. Right now, I'm kind of thinking between Rygar, Tokobot, Mark of Kri, Zone of the Enders. Maybe Nanobreaker, but that's pretty unlikely. I just love how over the top it is about blood.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »
    This is probably the only set you are going to get of this game, so you better enjoy. :evil:

But... you didn't even beat the first boss. :|

And the tutorial that was ever so important stated that the flower can only be purified when all the evil fairies were killed. So what you needed to do was to purify both fairies then purify the flower. If you run out of Mana just get close to cleansed ground which is anywhere not near the evil flower. I think I saw you regenerating on a platform nearly during the third set without having to fall down.

Oh well.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ya know, if you want a game that's awesome yet hilarious, DEVIL MAY CRY 3 is where it's at.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Doing the two ZoEs back to back would be epic, and Forever Zero would love you forever.

But I also endorse DMC3 because I've never played DMC, yet I do love Nocturne(of which Dante is a big part).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's not really necessary to do the first ZoE to do the second, is it?

I beat the first one, but only watched a friend play number two, and it looked considerably better in pretty much every respect. Not that ZoE 1 was a bad game.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I wouldn't mind Eternal Darkness if you're up to playing it. Or ZoE for giant robots (though, I would find a LP of Metal Wolf Chaos fun).

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Where did you get all these games by the way?

I'd like to know.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's not really necessary to do the first ZoE to do the second, is it?

I beat the first one, but only watched a friend play number two, and it looked considerably better in pretty much every respect. Not that ZoE 1 was a bad game.

I played ZoE 2 without playing the first, and I wish I'd played it before just for completionist's sake.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Well, we're not completionists, are we? We're just here to have a good time.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »

I'd like to know.

Well, back when I worked at Gamecrazy, I would put tons and tons of PS2 games on hold "just because", maybe I'd want 'em down the road. I didn't even have a PS2. Over about two months there, I bought about 20 or so PS2 games, along with all the 360 games I was buying. Since then, I've just been gathering them along the way via Goozex and b2g1 sales.

I wish I had ZoE2, I've heard so many good things about it.
    and just because I'm nitpicky, I prefer to do games that don't already have a decent LP on Youtube, but if you guys really want something we can roll wit' it. I'm just so indecisive D:

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Well, we're not completionists, are we? We're just here to have a good time.

True, but the ZoE character does feature pretty heavily in 2. I always wondered how the events of ZoE 1 played out as an actual game.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I'd like to know.

Well, back when I worked at Gamecrazy, I would put tons and tons of PS2 games on hold "just because", maybe I'd want 'em down the road. I didn't even have a PS2. Over about two months there, I bought about 20 or so PS2 games, along with all the 360 games I was buying. Since then, I've just been gathering them along the way via Goozex and b2g1 sales.

and just because I'm nitpicky, I prefer to do games that don't already have a decent LP on Youtube, but if you guys really want something we can roll wit' it. I'm just so indecisive D:

Well color me jealous.
    SO JEALOUS. :(

I still say DMC3.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I'd like to know.

Well color me jealous.
    SO JEALOUS. :(

I still say DMC3.

Anything reason why specifically, or just a decent collection?

I'm jealous of this guy:
    He has a 2nd video, with 100 more.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Just for having some stuff that I'll probably never get to see in my life. :(

I've transferred my jealousy to that guy in the video now though. HOLY MOLLY.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Anything reason why specifically, or just a decent collection?

I'm jealous of this guy:

He has a 2nd video, with 100 more.

*cough*

Yeah, those crazy people... with their crazy collections...

• Options
    edited May 2009
    I have almost 70. It's way too easy to rack up a huge PS2 collection, since there's so many stellar games on it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    True.

I just wish that the good ones aren't so hard to find. :x

I'll have to mod my PS2 one of these days...

edit: for importing games that is.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Ohh, I was wondering, and then I saw Australia. Sorry to hear.
    BL wrote:
    And the tutorial that was ever so important stated that the flower can only be purified when all the evil fairies were killed. So what you needed to do was to purify both fairies then purify the flower. If you run out of Mana just get close to cleansed ground which is anywhere not near the evil flower. I think I saw you regenerating on a platform nearly during the third set without having to fall down.

The enemies I purified at the top would become corrupted again, so I would have to be super quick about it. D:

Kaseius on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kase, what is your avatar? I've always wondered wtf that is from.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    BL wrote:

The enemies I purified at the top would become corrupted again, so I would have to be super quick about it. D:

You probably have to purify both fairies and the flower in one go...

Use the lock-on, Luke.

Edit: Actually, you know what? I'm gonna pop it in tomorrow morning and make sure that's how you do it so that you won't get steel handle'd.

• Options
    edited May 2009
    BL wrote:

You probably have to purify both fairies and the flower in one go...

Use the lock-on, Luke.

Edit: Actually, you know what? I'm gonna pop it in tomorrow morning and make sure that's how you do it so that you won't get steel handle'd.

Y-you have it?!

And I was using the lock-on, it's the awful aura around them that turns from red to blue and it's how I could tell when they were gonna be cured :(
    fmz65 wrote: »
    Kase, what is your avatar? I've always wondered wtf that is from.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Cirno

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I knew it was Touhou.

You could always LP Perfect Cherry Blossom. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I knew it was Touhou.

You could always LP Perfect Cherry Blossom. :P

I couldn't; my recording program only captures from webcam devices. :(

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Y-you have it?!

Yeah... when you were amazed at someone having 200 games... I was coughing for a reason.

But I just checked and my copy of PRYZM is brand new and sealed, and I don't feel like opening it. Sorry. :|

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Y-you have it?!

Yeah... when you were amazed at someone having 200 games... I was coughing for a reason.

But I just checked and my copy of PRYZM is brand new and sealed, and I don't feel like opening it. Sorry. :|

:...:

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Y-you have it?!

:...:

pryzmnewsealed.png

• Options
    edited May 2009
    What good does a sealed copy of a game do you?

You're weird.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

You're weird.

Woud you open Pandora's Box?

• Options
    edited May 2009

You're weird.

Woud you open Pandora's Box?

81074578.jpg
    Sure, why not, what could go wr--

82554857.jpg
    My God.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Glorious LP Kaseius!