Options

[Let's Play] Zone of the Enders. (05/14) set06 -- THE END!

135

Posts

  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Why do you hate yourself Kaseius? :(

    Xtarath on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Xtarath wrote: »
    Why do you hate yourself Kaseius? :(

    I'm just so easy to hate!

    SCREW PRYZM. If you seriously want to play the game and see the story, you can buy it off of Amazon used for $1.35 or new for $3.98.

    ZONE OF THE ENDERS -

    Set01: Area of the Finishers

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm a fan of mecha, so I'm all over this. That being said I had a friend with a PS2 bring over ZOE2 one time to show me. He loaded up his save and thrust the controller at me and told me to play.

    Took a few minutes to get the controls worked out, but eventually I was shooting robots and dodging projectiles. Only problem was that after the third mission he tells me I just beat the game and he's pissed since he didn't know he was that close, though we were really just laughing since I had no idea it was such an easy game (dunno what difficulty it was on).

    Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Velmeran wrote: »
    I'm a fan of mecha, so I'm all over this. That being said I had a friend with a PS2 bring over ZOE2 one time to show me. He loaded up his save and thrust the controller at me and told me to play.

    Took a few minutes to get the controls worked out, but eventually I was shooting robots and dodging projectiles. Only problem was that after the third mission he tells me I just beat the game and he's pissed since he didn't know he was that close, though we were really just laughing since I had no idea it was such an easy game (dunno what difficulty it was on).
    ZOE2 is so unbelievably awesome that it defies convention and also kicks reason to the curb. It is pretty short though but it is so much fun that it is a blast to just replay for no reason.

    But really it is just absolutely sad to hear that Kaseius doesn't have ZOE2.. You need to buy it man it's worth paying any amount of cash for.


    And to everyone who just played 2 before the first one I feel bad for you since you miss out on so much of the bad ass feeling you get from playing the second one. Seeing the opening and starting areas after playing the first just makes them so much more epic and awesome.

    randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Velmeran wrote: »
    I'm a fan of mecha, so I'm all over this. That being said I had a friend with a PS2 bring over ZOE2 one time to show me. He loaded up his save and thrust the controller at me and told me to play.

    Took a few minutes to get the controls worked out, but eventually I was shooting robots and dodging projectiles. Only problem was that after the third mission he tells me I just beat the game and he's pissed since he didn't know he was that close, though we were really just laughing since I had no idea it was such an easy game (dunno what difficulty it was on).
    ZOE2 is so unbelievably awesome that it defies convention and also kicks reason to the curb. It is pretty short though but it is so much fun that it is a blast to just replay for no reason.

    But really it is just absolutely sad to hear that Kaseius doesn't have ZOE2.. You need to buy it man it's worth paying any amount of cash for.


    And to everyone who just played 2 before the first one I feel bad for you since you miss out on so much of the bad ass feeling you get from playing the second one. Seeing the opening and starting areas after playing the first just makes them so much more epic and awesome.

    I might try to get it off of Goozex or if I ever find myself with a decent bit of spare money and see it in a store. Problem is I have so many other things that I'd want to buy which are less short. And shinier.

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »
    Velmeran wrote: »
    I'm a fan of mecha, so I'm all over this. That being said I had a friend with a PS2 bring over ZOE2 one time to show me. He loaded up his save and thrust the controller at me and told me to play.

    Took a few minutes to get the controls worked out, but eventually I was shooting robots and dodging projectiles. Only problem was that after the third mission he tells me I just beat the game and he's pissed since he didn't know he was that close, though we were really just laughing since I had no idea it was such an easy game (dunno what difficulty it was on).
    ZOE2 is so unbelievably awesome that it defies convention and also kicks reason to the curb. It is pretty short though but it is so much fun that it is a blast to just replay for no reason.

    But really it is just absolutely sad to hear that Kaseius doesn't have ZOE2.. You need to buy it man it's worth paying any amount of cash for.


    And to everyone who just played 2 before the first one I feel bad for you since you miss out on so much of the bad ass feeling you get from playing the second one. Seeing the opening and starting areas after playing the first just makes them so much more epic and awesome.

    I might try to get it off of Goozex or if I ever find myself with a decent bit of spare money and see it in a store. Problem is I have so many other things that I'd want to buy which are less short. And shinier.
    It's probably longer then ZOE 1 and has more replayability with the vs mode and what not.

    Not to mention you say you like the homing lasers (nail lasers if you want to be technical) then ZOE2 is totally your game since you can lock onto multiple targets and shoot like 60 lasers instead of 4.

    randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Most confused thread ever award goes here.

    This will be great, ZOE is an awesome game

    elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Most confused thread ever award goes here.

    This will be great, ZOE is an awesome game

    Tomorrow, this might be the new TF2 thread! Who knows?!

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Most confused thread ever award goes here.

    This will be great, ZOE is an awesome game

    Tomorrow, this might be the new TF2 thread! Who knows?!
    Let's Play Pryzm of the Enders 2 : Origins Ex + Alpha Hyper Edition

    randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    According to my numbers here, a lot of you are skipping pt3. Don't skip it! Seriously.

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh, ZOE, ex-cellent. Great mecha game.

    Make sure to give Leo a lot of shit. He's a pussy in this game.

    He get's better in ZOE-2 though.

    Actually, my favorite overall ZOE character has got to be James Links from the Dolores series. Former Earth Phantoma ace, space trucker, has a cute family, drinks like a son of a bitch, reads self help books, kicks mecha ass.

    manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I know that if you play ZoE2, skip the intro. (As in the pre-title screen movie)

    Seriously. It practically gives the whole game away.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I know that if you play ZoE2, skip the intro. (As in the pre-title screen movie)

    Seriously. It practically gives the whole game away.
    But it's so awesomely cool!

    randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So, being away for several days (not that I went anywhere, just haven't been keeping up with PA), and I missed the meltdown of Samurai Western, and the blossoming of an extremely confused follow-up LP thread. :D

    I tried to watch the Prysm videos, but oh my GOD was that painful. I couldn't even get through the last one because just observing that game made me want to punch my monitor. I can't imagine trying to play it.

    Never played Zone of the Ender (1 or 2) so this is something of a pleasant surprise! A bit of action and a whole lot've cutscenes, what more could you ask in a game? Well, besides more gameplay and less cutscene.

    Good first session, can't wait to see more.

    Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Apparently robots have to breath... Viola's robot's chest was heaving quite heavily after that battle.

    fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    Apparently robots have to breath... Viola's robot's chest was heaving quite heavily after that battle.

    Oh, I'll give her robot a reason to breathe heavily.. :winky:

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    One vote for going to the hospital and rescuing folks, mostly because I figure that will be the harder level and I am a terrible person.

    Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    One vote for going to the hospital and rescuing folks, mostly because I figure that will be the harder level and I am a terrible person.
    Well honestly you should do all the side missions because it makes the last couple fights a lot easier when you have a higher level Jehuty.

    randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »
    fmz65 wrote: »
    Apparently robots have to breath... Viola's robot's chest was heaving quite heavily after that battle.

    Oh, I'll give her robot a reason to breathe heavily.. :winky:

    This thread has taken a turn, for the better!

    Xtarath on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh yeah, forgot to vote!

    I definately think you should head to the hospital, if only to see if you can cause more destruction than the invading forces.

    Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hospital indeed.

    Although Leo does seem like a bit of a tool. "I absolutely refuse to kill. Oh? Saving my friends? Naah they're assholes. Also screw it if people might be in the church, let them burn.".

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I thought it was kinda funny that his response to "Hey, we're a civilian company contracted to transport the mech you're in, could you be a pal and bring it to us?" is "Fuck you guys, you kill people, like all the time, you monsters!"

    Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hospital vote here.

    The game has really cool music.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    Hospital indeed.

    Although Leo does seem like a bit of a tool. "I absolutely refuse to kill. Oh? Saving my friends? Naah they're assholes. Also screw it if people might be in the church, let them burn.".

    Do you even remember high school? If I see a majority of the people I knew in high school, it would end the same way.

    That's rule number 1. You don't kill people you don't know.

    Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I thought it was kinda funny that his response to "Hey, we're a civilian company contracted to transport the mech you're in, could you be a pal and bring it to us?" is "Fuck you guys, you kill people, like all the time, you monsters!"
    To be fair though they actually do kill people all the time.

    randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Just not as much as BAHRAM.

    manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kas your let's plays are awesome!

    mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Cantido wrote: »
    Do you even remember high school? If I see a majority of the people I knew in high school, it would end the same way.

    That's rule number 1. You don't kill people you don't know.
    Your high school sounded terrible...

    fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ITT we learn about how bad high school was, and how awesome it would be to have a giant robot.

    Hopefully will get another set up tonight, but the PS2 is currently across the room and being played. It's being tortured, forced to run FFX! What a nightmare..

    If you guys are really hankering for more video, I put up one with commentary about how bad Darkstone is.

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    FUCK... FUCKING YES! I love this game!

    Also, go to the hospital.

    MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I played this game once.... I returned it after I got to the short fetch quest section and... god I want to play this again. It looks like it's held up really well (cinematics aside)

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »
    If you guys are really hankering for more video, I put up one with commentary about how bad Darkstone is.

    The shitty game they tried to pass off as "the next Diablo"? No thanks.

    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, I always wanted to play this game and its sequel, but all I ever managed to find is the GBA SRPG, which manages to share a few plot points with this game so far, somehow

    elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    RAAAAAA!

    Another Kas lets play, glee.

    -Oh gosh, the main character is a spineless worm. Snazzy combat though.

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So can you not use your sword against those porters? If no then I was steaming in frustration for no reason :P (YOU DESTROYED PEOPLE'S HOUSES MAN!)

    fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    So can you not use your sword against those porters? If no then I was steaming in frustration for no reason :P (YOU DESTROYED PEOPLE'S HOUSES MAN!)

    I don't think you can because you can't lock on to them and that's how you use the sword, is by being locked on at close range :(

    Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Why all the talking?

    It's Kojima! Dij ru reik it?

    The halberd and phalanx are awesome subweapons, you should use them. The halberd is a doom gun at close range and will shatter an enemy's shield. It CANNOT be blocked. The phalanx, if you hit an enemy with its shields down, can be stun locked with it until they die.

    manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »
    fmz65 wrote: »
    So can you not use your sword against those porters? If no then I was steaming in frustration for no reason :P (YOU DESTROYED PEOPLE'S HOUSES MAN!)

    I don't think you can because you can't lock on to them and that's how you use the sword, is by being locked on at close range :(
    Just use the phalanx and they explode easy.

    Also the raptors you fight are just ai robots. That's why Leo doesn't give two fucks about blowing them up.

    randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I seem to remember this game being really easy. I only played it once, but I was one of the people that bought it just for the MGS 2 demo.

    I wonder if I still have my copy. Probably not.

    langfor6 on
Sign In or Register to comment.