Options

[Let's Play] Zone of the Enders. (05/14) set06 -- THE END!

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    langfor6 wrote: »
    I seem to remember this game being really easy. I only played it once, but I was one of the people that bought it just for the MGS 2 demo.

I wonder if I still have my copy. Probably not.

I think my dad originally bought it for the MGS2 demo, but I had a lot of fun with ZoE even if he didn't.

I also died in the new set. I'm so bad. :(

Ooooh, I think this set might be in HD

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Set03: Most impressive.. for a building.
    I will squeal with glee if HD shows up in a few hours. That would make my night.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It was weird... I got HD for videos 1 and 3, but not 2...

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Haha, oops. I rendered 3 as a non-HD video, so it's just HQ. I had HD for 1 and 2 but it's not as crisp as I had hoped.. hmm.. maybe I need to render it at like.. instead of 1280x720, something x960 since it's 72x480 default? I don't know too much about these video inner workings.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, the Freudian imagery is fantastic. All these space robots have giant 'cockpits'.

So to speak.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Kaseius on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    *cries*

Snake? SNAAAAAAAKE!

aahahahahaa

<3

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Woo! I was mentioned in a youtube video! Go me!

Anyways, I forgot about that part of the game. Probably on purpose. But it's all up from here. (I think.)

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sounds a bit like Christian Bale.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Snake? SNAAAAKE!!!

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I suffered through ZoE to get to the sequel.

It was completely worth every second of that awful game.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The trick with ZOE's fights is knowing when to cherry tap at a distance and spam subweapons and knowing when to melee. Most bosses and enhanced enemies are a pain in the ass until you get the rhythm down.

ZOE isn't bad though. But yeah, ZOE 2 is far superior.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    No no no, ZOE is bad. Over the course of the 10-12 hours I played, I don't think I enjoyed any of it.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You guys are either on drugs or have unreasonable standards if you think ZOE is a bad game. Yes it is not as good as the second and has flaws but come on.. a bad game? Really?

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I wouldn't be saying this if I wasn't actively having not-fun 90% of the time.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Well I'm sorry you are incapable of having fun.

Oh and Kaseius are you playing on easy mode? The highest rank for SOS missions you can get on easy is C so I think that is your problem with that.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Could've sworn I picked normal, but maybe I picked easy on accident? Who knows.

I could see how someone would not have fun with the game, but I personally enjoy it a bit. Like most other games, it has ups and downs; it will be interesting to see 2 if I ever get to play it.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »
    Could've sworn I picked normal, but maybe I picked easy on accident? Who knows.

I could see how someone would not have fun with the game, but I personally enjoy it a bit. Like most other games, it has ups and downs; it will be interesting to see 2 if I ever get to play it.
    I dunno if it changes the requirements but on easy you can only get Cs, on normal the highest you can get is B and on hard you can get A.

Clearly the games does have it's ups and downs but in no way is it a bad game. No Pryzm is a bad game. ZOE is just a flawed game.

But you totally need to buy ZOE2 any way possible.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ZoE1 seems fun to me. Sure, the protagonist is a soft-heart, but he's still piloting one awesome mech.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Well I'm sorry you are incapable of having fun.

Oh and Kaseius are you playing on easy mode? The highest rank for SOS missions you can get on easy is C so I think that is your problem with that.

Oh I am, ZOE2 is one of my favorite games of all time. But the first one...stupid whiny teenager ruined most of it.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    He gets better.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    ZoE1 seems fun to me. Sure, the protagonist is a soft-heart, but he's still piloting one awesome mech.
    He's not even that much of a softy. He just doesn't immediately go RIP AND TEAR! YOU ARE HUGE THERE FOR YOUR GUTS ARE HUGE!!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Thanks for doing this, always love the LPs!

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    thanks for watching -- at this point I think everyone is like "oh god zoe let's just move on already"

Kaseius on
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    thanks for watching -- at this point I think everyone is like "oh god zoe let's just move on already"

Thankfully you're at the home stretch. I think you could finish it in one update if you're quick about it.

I also agree with everyone saying to get the second one. You don't necessarily have to LP it, but do play it.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    No, no, LP it. I never got a chance to play it :P

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    BeenieWeenieBeenieWeenie So Delicious So NutritiousRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I feel stupid that I JUST found this thread. I was still checking the Samurai Western thread waiting on that last "super long set". I couldn't be bothered to watch all the sets of SW though. It just wasn't fun to watch.

BeenieWeenie on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I feel stupid that I JUST found this thread. I was still checking the Samurai Western thread waiting on that last "super long set". I couldn't be bothered to watch all the sets of SW though. It just wasn't fun to watch.

Understandable; ZoE's not particularly much better, heh.

Fortunately, the final set is uploading now which means the game is finished and a new one needs to be chosen. I was considering playing like.. Winback 2 or something because I tried it out last night and killing terrorists while the game compliments me and plays upbeat jazz was pretty amusing.

I lost my picture of my games, and I'm too lazy to fetch the list right now. I'll get one edited into this post in a bit.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Fortunately, the final set is uploading now which means the game is finished and a new one needs to be chosen. I was considering playing like.. Winback 2 or something because I tried it out last night and killing terrorists while the game compliments me and plays upbeat jazz was pretty amusing.

I lost my picture of my games, and I'm too lazy to fetch the list right now. I'll get one edited into this post in a bit.
    Man the first Winback was so much more fun then the shitty and disappointing sequel.

Should still play Way of the Samurai. There is so much potential for awesome hilarity with the stuff you can do in that.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Man the first Winback was so much more fun then the shitty and disappointing sequel.

Should still play Way of the Samurai. There is so much potential for awesome hilarity with the stuff you can do in that.

Ah, I never played Winback 1 -- I picked up 2 because it was like 3 bucks and it doesn't seem too terribly bad based off the first mission. :(

I would do WotS but I don't have it and can't afford it at the moment. If someone were to donate a copy, I will make it my next LP. Assuming it doesn't have midgets that chain knock you down. FFFFFFffffffffffffff--

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Ah, I never played Winback 1 -- I picked up 2 because it was like 3 bucks and it doesn't seem to terribly bad based off the first mission. :(

I would do WotS but I don't have it and can't afford it at the moment. If someone were to donate a copy, I will make it my next LP. Assuming it doesn't have midgets that chain knock you down. FFFFFFffffffffffffff--
    WotS has no gimmick bosses like midgets or guys with machine guns. It's all samurai on samurai action.

Also this set of ZOE really reminds me of the best feature in ZOE2. Telling ADA to shut the fuck up and not repeat things all the time.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Shadow of the Colossus. :P Just kidding, but it might be nice to LP a truly great game after Samurai Western.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Xtarath wrote: »
    Shadow of the Colossus. :P Just kidding, but it might be nice to LP a truly great game after Samurai Western.

Yeah, it probably would be nice..

Here's my updated list of games, I'll bold recent additions.
    Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
    AREA-51
    Armored Core 2
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Blood Will Tell
    Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
    Bujingai
    Chaos Legion
    Choro Q
    Crimson Sea 2
    Dark Cloud
    Darkstone
    Devil May Cry 3 Special
    Disgaea 2
    Dragon Quest VIII
    Dynasty Warriors 2
    Dynasty Warriors 3
    Dynasty Warriors 4
    Dynasty Warriors 5

FANTAVISION
    Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy XII
    Front Mission 4
    GOD HAND
    God of War
    Gungrave
    GUNGRIFFON BLAZE
    .hack//infection
    Ico
    JAWS UNLEASHED
    Katamari Damacy
    Killer 7
    Kingdom Hearts
    King of Fighters 00/01
    King of Fighters XI
    Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Makai Kingdom
    Mana Khemia
    Mark of Kri
    Metal Gear Solid
    Metal Gear Solid 2S
    Metal Gear Solid 3S
    Nanobreaker
    Neogeo Battle Coliseum
    Odin Sphere
    Persona 3 FES
    Persona 4
    Phantom Brave
    Project EDEN
    Project Snowblind
    PRYZM
    RAW DANGER (YEAH!)
    Radiata Stories
    Red Faction
    Rogue Galaxy
    Samurai Western
    Second Sight
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Silent Hill 2
    Silpheed: The Lost Planet
    S.L.A.I.
    Sly Cooper 1
    Summoner
    Tales of the Abyss
    tokobot plus
    Valkyrie Profile 2
    Winback 2
    Xenosaga
    Yakuza
    Zone of the Enders

Bladestorm
    Disgaea 3
    Dynasty Warriors 6
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GotY
    Killzone 2
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    Valkyria Chronicles

Baten Kaitos 1
    Chaos Field
    Eternal Darkness
    Fire Emblem
    F-Zero
    Geist
    Pikmin 2
    Viewtiful Joe
    Viewtiful Joe 2

Don't ask about the DW games.

If you have to, ask Mogs. Damn you, Mogs! Did we wake you up?!

Set06: At Long Last..

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Clearly the answer is Bujingai. Everyone needs to see an action packed game starring Gackt

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've always wanted to check out Chaos Legion.

Odin Sphere would be a wonderful experience since the game's so theatrical, but it would break you like a twig.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Clearly the answer is Bujingai. Everyone needs to see an action packed game starring Gackt

Would you believe it's already been done?
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I've always wanted to check out Chaos Legion.

Odin Sphere would be a wonderful experience since the game's so theatrical, but it would break you like a twig.

I tried out Chaos Legion last night, it's.. weird. I didn't quite understand it but only played the first level and they didn't explain anything; I must've missed a tutorial somewhere.

Odin Sphere was pretty fun of what I played, but I heard it was kind of long and you had to like, play it twice or something for some reason? I don't know, I might be confusing it for something else.

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

D:

Who would do this to themselves!

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited May 2009

D:

It has over 4,000 views on the first part. How does that make you feel, randombattle. Where is your God now?

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

D:

It has over 4,000 views on the first part. How does that make you feel, randombattle. Where is your God now?
    If there is anything that youtube has taught me is that people will watch anything

AND rate it 5

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!