Options

[Let's Play] Zone of the Enders. (05/14) set06 -- THE END!

1235»

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kaseius wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I've always wanted to check out Chaos Legion.

Odin Sphere would be a wonderful experience since the game's so theatrical, but it would break you like a twig.

I tried out Chaos Legion last night, it's.. weird. I didn't quite understand it but only played the first level and they didn't explain anything; I must've missed a tutorial somewhere.

Odin Sphere was pretty fun of what I played, but I heard it was kind of long and you had to like, play it twice or something for some reason? I don't know, I might be confusing it for something else.

There's five story campaigns, and each one takes around 10-20 hours.

After that, you have to play the final chapter through with each one. If you want to see the true ending, you have to fight the final boss with every possible combination of the five.

It takes forever and a day, but it was worth it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I remember buying Bujingai for a friend but ending up already having it. It's hidden in the bowels of my furnace room now, never to be seen again.

Probably have to vote for Katamari Damacy this time.

Adellios on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Odin Sphere would be a wonderful experience since the game's so theatrical, but it would break you like a twig.

I tried out Chaos Legion last night, it's.. weird. I didn't quite understand it but only played the first level and they didn't explain anything; I must've missed a tutorial somewhere.

Odin Sphere was pretty fun of what I played, but I heard it was kind of long and you had to like, play it twice or something for some reason? I don't know, I might be confusing it for something else.

After that, you have to play the final chapter through with each one. If you want to see the true ending, you have to fight the final boss with every possible combination of the five.

Christ. Yeah, we're not gonna do that one, cj. NEVER
    Adellios wrote: »
    I remember buying Bujingai for a friend but ending up already having it. It's hidden in the bowels of my furnace room now, never to be seen again.

Probably have to vote for Katamari Damacy this time.

I actually had someone else suggest that.. I wonder if I could do an alright LP of it other than just WHOAAA THIS IS TRIPPY

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Odin Sphere wouldn't be a very good lp though.

Chaos Legion would be much better since it's basically Devil May Cry but with minions also.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Chaos Legion vote, because I wouldn't expect anyone to have the time to watch a full Odin Sphere LP, much less endure it. :P

Tangentially related, I'm considering doing Fear Effect once I finish Dragon Force(I will one day, I swear it), so no one call dibs on that.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So let's see, I've got two votes for Katamari, two for Chaos Legion(?), two for Shadow of the Colossus now unless that is you again Xtarath:

shadowwwofthecolossusus.jpg

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    See the problem with Shadow of the Colossus is it's all about the atmosphere and if you aren't playing the game then there really isn't a point.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    See the problem with Shadow of the Colossus is it's all about the atmosphere and if you aren't playing the game then there really isn't a point.

Yeah, that's how I kind of feel. It's better to play it by yourself and get absorbed into the world than have someone talk about it, probably. Maybe..

Kaseius on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Nope, it's not me, but I think it's hilarious that you thought it was me.

Edit: Anyway though, it really doesn't matter what game you play Kaseius, as long as you suffer deeply for one reason or another.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Xtarath wrote: »

Edit: Anyway though, it really doesn't matter what game you play Kaseius, as long as you suffer deeply for one reason or another.

Odin Sphere it is!

Kaseius on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hmm, what about Eternal Darkness or whatever that Gamecube game was. You know the one where you're in like ancient Rome or something and you can go CARAZY?

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    Hmm, what about Eternal Darkness or whatever that Gamecube game was. You know the one where you're in like ancient Rome or something and you can go CARAZY?

I'd think either Eternal Darkness or Geist could be good.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Odin Sphere it is!

Repetitiveness aside, the game has a great story. There won't be much to make fun of there.

But you will suffer in between, that's for sure.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm most likely going to start Katamari Damacy tomorrow since it's short and I've had a couple people asking for it, so I might as well get it out of the way.

I wish there were more games like Raw Danger where you get to interact with the other characters of the story in absurd ways. That was the best thing ever. (Yes, I know you can do this in Way of the Samurai, randombattle, I'll get to it someday :( )

Kaseius on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Eternal Darkness would be fun. Odin Sphere looks like it would take a while, what with what looks like six or seven chapters. Dunno how interesting that would be though.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm most likely going to start Katamari Damacy tomorrow since it's short and I've had a couple people asking for it, so I might as well get it out of the way.

I wish there were more games like Raw Danger where you get to interact with the other characters of the story in absurd ways. That was the best thing ever. (Yes, I know you can do this in Way of the Samurai, randombattle, I'll get to it someday :( )
    The best part of Way of the Samurai is ruining the lives of the people you don't like.

Like that black afro samurai guy.

Man watching the ending of ZOE makes me want to play ZOE2 so bad. The sheer awesome that it leads upto and all the hints for the sequel are so awesomely cool.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ok, what about God of War... D: that is if you're not going to do Eternal Darkness!

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    Ok, what about God of War... D: that is if you're not going to do Eternal Darkness!
    Bleh God of War.. I must be the only person on the planet who though God of War was pretty lame and not all that fun.. definitely no where near as deep as DMC like people seem to think.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Good choice Kase, now that game is actually fun.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Good choice Kase, now that game is actually fun.

Yeah, although I prefer to not do stuff that's already been done on YouTube, I guess it's something I should learn to accept since a lot of the good games have already been done.. D:

Katamari: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=90277

Kaseius on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh hey, I just noticed this.

I guess I'll watch it.

Also, Chaos Legion is fucking hard. I don't know if I was just doing it wrong, but it was nearly impossible, I quit. And I beat DMC3 on Hard, which is pretty hard.

I feel like I should try it again sometime, just to make sure I just wasn't missing something.

Also, send me your video capture stuff so I can do ZOE2 now, Kas. Thanks.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Did you mention a while ago you had Way of the Samurai Kaseius? That's an excellent game, and fun for the community since the game itself is only about an hour and a half long, but it has six endings and you can make many different choices "Groundhog Day" style that affect the story. Good sword fighting system too.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Did you mention a while ago you had Way of the Samurai Kaseius? That's an excellent game, and fun for the community since the game itself is only about an hour and a half long, but it has six endings and you can make many different choices "Groundhog Day" style that affect the story. Good sword fighting system too.

No, randombattle kept telling me to get it and I said if someone bought it and sent it to me, I would make it my next LP after I finish the current one. I'm crossing my fingers that someone really wants to see it, because I really want to play it.
    Oh hey, I just noticed this.

I guess I'll watch it.

Also, Chaos Legion is fucking hard. I don't know if I was just doing it wrong, but it was nearly impossible, I quit. And I beat DMC3 on Hard, which is pretty hard.

I feel like I should try it again sometime, just to make sure I just wasn't missing something.

Also, send me your video capture stuff so I can do ZOE2 now, Kas. Thanks.

How about.. send me your ZOE2? Then we both win! :D

Kaseius on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    But I wanna give my own commentary !

And another reason to play it again. Not that I really need one.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Everyone can do ZoE2!
    I would watch a ZoE2 LP for sure.
    Multiples even!

Kelor on