As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Peggle!

Ace JonAce Jon Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Games and Technology
logo.png
Peggle! Peggle is awesome. Peggle has won awards. Peggle is dirt cheap and extremely addictive.

Click the spoiler if you do not have Peggle (or if you need MORE PEGGLE):
So, what is Peggle?
What is peggle?
D:

Seriously what is peggle?
o_O

No seriously i live in a cave
:x

Ok i admit i know peggle is an awesome game where you hit orange pegs to score FEVER and along the way you get helped by scurrilous and oft deranged animal folk
Peggle is a game a bit like Pinball and a bit like Breakout, where you shoot a metal ball from the top of the screen to hit as many orange pegs as possible. When you hit pegs, they disappear and the ball bounces off of them. When you hit all the orange pegs in a level, you go into an awesome FEVER MODE and life is wonderful and you win the game. You lose the game if you run out of metal shooty-balls before that happens - you get 10 every level.

There might be blue pegs in the way, though. You can hit the blue pegs for a small amount of points or to get a rebound. Every time you shoot a new metal shooty-ball, one of the blue pegs becomes a purple peg, which gives you a massive point bonus and can lead to getting some free metal shooty-balls. In every level there's a couple super duper green pegs that give you awesome kickass bonuses depending on the character you use!

And one last thing: If you hit every single peg (not just the orange pegs) in a level, you get a special ribbon and you feel good about yourself.

peggle-deluxe-screenshot-2.jpg

Gameplay Video
This is pretty laggy but you see what it's like

Wow, that's so cool and my life is incomplete without it. How can I get Peggle?

There are loads of different versions of Peggle out!

For PC:
First, there's the hour long free trial you should try out and get addicted with.

Also, there's the completely free Peggle Extreme. It's a watered down version of Peggle (despite the name), with lots of neat Valve references. At one point this version was packaged with the Orange Box on Steam but I don't see it there any more.

OK, now you start paying money. The definitive version of Peggle is Peggle Deluxe, which is what you get an hour of with the trial. It's pretty cheap and it's the Peggleman's Peggle.

Recently, a sequel was released! Peggle Nights is more of the same. If Deluxe can't hold you over the months and years, Nights is there to offer new levels.

And! And! World of Warcraft recently got Peggle. Apparently WoW is a games platform? Peggle for WoW is friggin weird.

For weird boxes that are a bit like PC:
You can get Peggle Deluxe on Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade! That's a download and I've heard it costs 800MS points. Bargain?

You can get Peggle: Dual Shot for Nintendo's DS! That's a boxed product. As a puzzle game, you ought to be able to find it very cheap somewhere. This version isn't as pretty as the others but it is portable...

More portability with the iPod version of Peggle. That version's for Nanos and Classics.

Peggle for the iPod Touch/iPhone was released on May 12th! Happy Peggling you crazy rich people!

Soon, you will be able to get Peggle probably-Deluxe for Sony's PS3 download service, PSN! I don't think it's out yet, though.

At some point (probably this year) Peggle Nights is coming to Nintendo's Wii, too. Nobody knows when, not even me.

One cheeky sonofagun has found a way to get Peggle on the PSP, even though there's been no release.

Truly, there is Peggle for everyone!

Peggle Replays!
PC only, I'm guessing. I'm on Vista with Peggle Deluxe and replays are automatically stored for me in C:\ProgramData\Steam\Peggle\userdata\Replays. If you want to upload a replay to your webspace and link to it in this topic, that's where to find it. If you want to download a replay and watch it, that's where to save it. I'm 99.99% sure you'll need to be running the same version of Peggle as the replay was recorded in for it to work.

Ace Jon's replays!
Peggle High Scores!
There are a lot of levels spanning the Peggle world, so I don't really know how to do this. I'll just start wiith a few of my own. If you have a high score you're proud of, mention which game/platform you're playing, your score and the level you beat. Also: did you get 100%?

Regarding proof: basically your score will be accepted when you post it, but if someone doubts it you should probably post a screenshot.

PC: Peggle Deluxe High Scores!
STAGE ONE

Das Bucket
:
1. Ace Jon: 673,160 (100%)

STAGE TWO

Buffalo Wings
:
1. Ace Jon: 448,910

STAGE ELEVEN

Paw Reader
:
1. Ace Jon: 399,040

Don't Panic:
1. Ace Jon: 352,120

iPhone: Peggle High Scores!
Stage One:
1. Six: 481,700 (100%)
Hey everyone post your nice high scores and awesome replays and this topic will be a success!

peggle_04.jpg

Yours truly, Ace Jon.
Ace Jon on

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    My name is UnbreakableVow and I approve of this thread. :^:

I already own this on PC and my iPod.

I bought the DS version but it's pretty atrocious in comparison so I brought it back.

I am anxiously awaiting the iPhone and PS3 versions (both are confirmed to be coming soon).

I will not post high scores because it's 7 in the morning and I have to crash soon. But tomorrow...that's another story.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I tried the DS version too. I wouldn't recommend it unless you need Portable Peggle and you haven't got an iPod.

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    On that note, why the fuck is there no PSP version?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oh but there is! Hidden in a nest of spoilers:
    Ace Jon wrote: »
    One cheeky sonofagun has found a way to get Peggle on the PSP, even though there's been no release.

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    PEGGLE!

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I shall be posting my XBLA and PC scores forthwith.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Awesome. I look forward to [strike]denying them you lying bastard[/strike] putting them up.

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Fucking peggle.

I had given her up, moved on with my life. "Pegs will no more be destroyed here," I would mutter. And then a few weeks ago my girlfriend discovered a years old game, new on XBL. One I simply "must play" with her. As soon as I heard "ode to joy" again, I was hooked anew. Fucking Peggle.

If my PC scores match up Ill post them.

Popcap are crack dealers. Their crack is colorful simple games, and they have perfected it.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I will attest to peggle being like a digital crack. I find it horrifying they added it to WORLD OF WARCRAFT. a peggle loot roll is something else. Although, I would kick ass at it.

It will NOT get be to go back to WoW. Seriously fuck them both
    I <3 peggle but WoW can go fuck itself in some netherworld somewhere
    Yes, I'm still a bitter mage that never got to raid

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is there any strategy to this or is it just fire randomly and hope for the best?

Right now I pretty much just go for orange pegs until I hit x3, then clear the blue pegs for score, then finish off the orange pegs.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Is there any strategy to this or is it just fire randomly and hope for the best?

Right now I pretty much just go for orange pegs until I hit x3, then clear the blue pegs for score, then finish off the orange pegs.

When I'm trying to get the Ace score on the challenges, thats pretty much what I do. Try and get as many orange as you can with hitting as few blue, then hit a green peg for the zen shot (I almost always use the owl, I'm cheap like that) then hopefully go to town.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Depends what you're aiming for.
    High score: try to get your green pegs ASAP as they're always more useful in the early game. Then have your shots either aim to bounce off an orange into the purple (and onwards) or vice versa.
    100%: as Arkan said. Get orange until you're at least at the 3x bonus, maybe leaving one particular orange up high so you don't accidentally get it before the end. Then go for the blues, and finish off on the last orange for ULTRA EXTREME FEVER!

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    BUMP FROM THE DEEEAAAAD

Peggle for iPhone has just been released! Nice one! Is anyone thinking of getting it?

Also, the people who said they would post high scores and then didn't are jerkfaces.

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I have it already. I am ashamed.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Fuuuuuck

Totally forgot about this today, was playing WordFu a minute ago and was like "Wait a second..."

Pulled up the App Store and Peggle was already there in the search bar for preparation and alas!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Peggle on iPhone now moots the DS version for me. At $5, it's a no brainer.

Also, some cumbucket in the review section said "Ode to Joy" did not play when you got Extreme Fever. Totally full of shit.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Peggle on iPhone now moots the DS version for me. At $5, it's a no brainer.

Also, some cumbucket in the review section said "Ode to Joy" did not play when you got Extreme Fever. Totally full of shit.

Depends on if you're playing your own music or not. If you are, it'll only play sound effects and OTJ won't play.

Willeth on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I like Peggle. It's a good distraction.

Is there really any skill in it whatsoever?

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Six wrote: »
    I like Peggle. It's a good distraction.

Is there really any skill in it whatsoever?
    Beyond first, second and maybe third bounce, no not really. :D

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I just got 481,700 on Stage 1 with 100%.

Got, this game is retarded and addicting.

Six on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Which version of the game? That's a high score worthy of the OP! :P

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • Options
    SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I heard this game just came out on iphone.. yea that's all I got.

Sirson on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Ace Jon wrote: »
    Which version of the game? That's a high score worthy of the OP! :P

iPhone!

Six on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The iPhone version is surprisingly good. They compensate for the slight imprecision of touch controls by allowing you to zoom in and VERY carefully adjust your shot.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I sometimes find myself playing Peggle in WoW longer than playing WoW itself.

Damn those tiny alluring pegs.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    The iPhone version is surprisingly good. They compensate for the slight imprecision of touch controls by allowing you to zoom in and VERY carefully adjust your shot.

yeah, and the dial on the right is a nice middle ground.

Six on