I. M. [Chat]

• Options
    Delicious Toad!Delicious Toad! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    I warbled Variable so hard he stopped responding to my PMs full of warblers

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    I've never tried an alcohol I liked. I'm not saying alcohol can't taste good but it definitely can't without a mixer of some sort.

big whoop wanna fight about it

it is an acquired taste and it requires you to experiment to find something you like.

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    you're lying I've stopped nothing.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Apples to Apples is arbitrary and dumbz.
    I think it makes a good buzzkill test: if you can't enjoy a game of Apples to Apples, you're almost certainly not any fun to hang out with.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    you ever seen chungking express? I watched it last night, got it playing right now with a commentary sorta half watching. very wow.

Aye, I have. It's neat that he basically made it while editing another film and just made it because he had nothing to do. I wish I had that kind of power. I can't listen to 'California Dreaming' anymore because of it, though.

Who does the commentary? And have you seen Fallen Angels?

"noted Asian cinema critic Tony Rayns"

and no I haven't, this is my first... kar-wai. Rayns mentioned when he wrote it in the beginning of the commentary. insane. he wrote the second story in a day he said, and got extra time to clean it up because of the new year. something like that. ridiculous anyway, let me just a drop an excellent film in my spare time.

He had quite a run of really good films. A lot of people on here mention In the Mood for Love and 2046. Cel has oft mentioned his extreme fondness for Happy Together.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    apples to apples, beer, and a little green warbler would be great right now.

Variable on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2009
    Than your litmus tests are almost always lamentable.

My new litmus test: if your online handle is Thanatos you might deserve to get some severe sunburn.

Organichu on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I think it makes a good buzzkill test: if you can't enjoy a game of Apples to Apples, you're almost certainly not any fun to hang out with.

Here's the deelio:

In high school, we played a lot of apples to apples.

Me and my buddies would get together every weekend at somebody's house and chill and play video games and watch sports. At some point, we decided to start inviting our female friends to these functions. All of them. So somehow, somewhere along the line, we shifted from video games and sports to DVD games and Apples to Apples. This culminated in a deep hatred of DVD games and Apples to Apples that stays with me even now. Because if "a black hole" isn't "naughty" then I don't know what is, Amy. God damn.

bigdeal.jpg

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    That depends entirely on who you're playing with. For instance, if, as was suggested in the example, the green apple was "delicious" and the winning card was "mud" I would not be having any fun. In fact, I would be hating life.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    tapeslinger: I'm sure I haven't tried as much as people who are actually into beer or wine or harder liquor... but I have tried a lot. A couple dozen beers, at least, most big label wines, and at least a couple of types of the major divisions of liquor. I've never once sipped one and said "oh man, that was great". Occasionally "I can taste something sort of interesting and different under this odious grossness", but that's it.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    you ever seen chungking express? I watched it last night, got it playing right now with a commentary sorta half watching. very wow.

Aye, I have. It's neat that he basically made it while editing another film and just made it because he had nothing to do. I wish I had that kind of power. I can't listen to 'California Dreaming' anymore because of it, though.

and no I haven't, this is my first... kar-wai. Rayns mentioned when he wrote it in the beginning of the commentary. insane. he wrote the second story in a day he said, and got extra time to clean it up because of the new year. something like that. ridiculous anyway, let me just a drop an excellent film in my spare time.

He had quite a run of really good films. A lot of people on here mention In the Mood for Love and 2046. Cel has oft mentioned his extreme fondness for Happy Together.

yes I remember cel saying that, they're all in my queue already but I ordered this spur of the moment the other day partly because I'm bogging on my netflix, haven't watched one in about 2 weeks and wanted to grab something new to get me rolling again (makes sense in my head...) and this was a good choice, very very pleased.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If I ever have an alt, that alt will be Grasshopper Warbler.

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Than your litmus tests are almost always lamentable.

My new litmus test: if your online handle is Thanatos you might deserve to get some severe sunburn.
    I'm actually starting to turn a bit brown, finally. Sun actually came out.

I hate it when I'm hella pale.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I was once tan. Immediately, the ladies responded. Now I am pallor and the women run away.

It's like they know.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

yes I remember cel saying that, they're all in my queue already but I ordered this spur of the moment the other day partly because I'm bogging on my netflix, haven't watched one in about 2 weeks and wanted to grab something new to get me rolling again (makes sense in my head...) and this was a good choice, very very pleased.

My queue is currently on a TV jag that I don't really need to be focusing on. Might you recommend me a film to check out?

Gim on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I used to get torn up by the sun in Israel. My whole family is pale, in general, but I definitely took the Irish genes to heart from that side... the flaming star that orbits your planet makes me its bitch each year.

Organichu on
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    tapeslinger: I'm sure I haven't tried as much as people who are actually into beer or wine or harder liquor... but I have tried a lot. A couple dozen beers, at least, most big label wines, and at least a couple of types of the major divisions of liquor. I've never once sipped one and said "oh man, that was great". Occasionally "I can taste something sort of interesting and different under this odious grossness", but that's it.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the average child needs something like 27 exposures to an unfamiliar food or beverage to develop an acclimation?
    the art of enjoying good alcohol, as in all things, takes time to develop. It's not a criticism, and there are plenty of people who are content with dismissing beer because Miller Lite tastes bad. (duh...)
    Not that you're one of them-- just providing the obvious counterpoint.
    Also, wine is a horrible place to start with alcohol "study."

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I tan pretty gracefully. The sun does me well, actually, in that sense because it makes the hair on my arms stand out less. I mean, don't get me wrong, my chest is hairless but I got like inch-long hair on my arms. It's goddamn unsightly.

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I used to get torn up by the sun in Israel. My whole family is pale, in general, but I definitely took the Irish genes to heart from that side... the flaming star that orbits your planet makes me its bitch each year.
    Yeah, thankfully I favor the Southern Italian and Portuguese side of my family more than the northern European side. I'll get hella pale if I don't get sun, but once I actually start getting some, I tan up pretty quickly.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    fuck ya'll whiteys

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I have a lovely/godawful farmer's tan, yet I am not a farmer.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    fuck ya'll whiteys
    y'all

y'all

y'all

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Rum is delicious. White russians are delicious. Gin and Tonics are delicious. Whiskey sours are delicious. White Russians are delicious. Vodka/Whiskey mixed with certain pop/soda is great, expensive beer is good, wine is either great or tastes really dry and bad beer is a last resort.

Any other questions?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    snip

My queue is currently on a TV jag that I don't really need to be focusing on. Might you recommend me a film to check out?

I'll go with something I watched recently that hopefully you haven't seen.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Stray Dog and Synechdoche, New York are the two most recent movies besides Chungking I've seen and throughly enjoyed. If I had to guess I'd say you've seen Stray Dog but if not that's the one I'd go for. Otherwise Synechdoche was a much better experience than I was expecting. there's a lot too it, though I suppose that's expected considering Kaufman.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    tapeslinger any very accessible stuff you'd suggest?

Organichu on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Chomsky is a homp.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I got boned on that genetic lottery... Irish, Polish, Scottish, Welsh, and German.
    I burn with virtually no provocation from the sun. This year it hasn't been terrible, so hopefully I'll be able to ease into a light tan before I have to use SPF 30 just to leave the house

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

in which class of alcohol?

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Stray Dog it is. My pre-50s Kurosawa viewing has been pretty spotty so far.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Recently I've been having the urge to just get obliterated. It's not a good urge.

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    wazilla wrote: »
    Recently I've been having the urge to just get obliterated. It's not a good urge.

Something something sexual joke.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh Toad. I don't even have to check to see that you will attempt to obliterate me with wharbles.

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oh Toad. I don't even have to check to see that you will attempt to obliterate me with wharbles.
    I'm so fucking breaking into your house and warbling on you while you sleep

Delicious Toad! on
    frogsig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Something something sexual joke.

Come on and put it in my moouuuuuuth :whistle:

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Stray Dog it is. My pre-50s Kurosawa viewing has been pretty spotty so far.

shweet. from stuff I read after watching it the regular description seems to be "Kurosawa's first masterpiece". I haven't seen enough of his films to have an opinion on that but it certainly is excellent.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

kithcrush.gif

Gim on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

kithcrush.gif

I squeesh your head.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

kithcrush.gif

I CRUSH YOUR HEAD

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

in which class of alcohol?

Whichever, I guess? I don't really like any of them at the moment, so I guess whichever is easiest to get into. Would that be beer?

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.