As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cell Phone Woes

John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
My cell phone, a Motorolla SLVR that I bought in July 2006, is acting up. Basically I receive calls whenever it feels like it. Otherwise, they just go straight to my voicemail even though the phone is turned on.

It started to happen when I first came to Dallas a few months after I bought the phone. The support dude told me to turn it off for 20-30 seconds and then turn it back on so the phone could register with the network or something. Now, however, even after turning it off and on again in the morning I'll sometimes miss calls and sometimes it doesn't show that I missed call, but sometimes it does.

D:

It's frustrating and I really don't want to buy a new phone, regardless of how cheap they are. I like my phone's size and iTunes is nice to have on there for road trips, etc.

Help?

John Matrix on

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sorry dude, but it's dead. Not fixable.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MaLibuMaLibu Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    lol...there is still hope.

first-back up all your contact and that jazz to a sd card or to your computer if you can.

second-do a master reset on your phone. its possible that the software on the phone is corrupted. phones can get viruses just like computers. a master reset will set everything back to factory defaults.

third-if your service provider uses sim cards, it could be the sim card. request that they replace it.

if that all fails and your phone isn't under warranty, then check if you are able to upgrade. upgrading will add on to your contract, but it will cut down on the cost of a new phone. so you will pay like 60 to 70 dollars for a good phone if it has a rebate.

MaLibu on