As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fox Animation: Back By Unpopular Demand

• Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just want Futurama back on television, and it can't come soon enough I tell's ya.

futurama.jpg

Scotty on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wow, Roger really gets into character when he goes into his alter-ego schtick.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Did you see the episode were he actually develops a split personality?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

Did you see the episode were he actually develops a split personality?
    That was a fun episode

I saw that when i had delicious biscuits

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Roger:"I got everything you need for weddings, including fake hymens for those not-so-well-behaved Middle Eastern girls. Their filled with ox blood. Trust me, use one of these and that bedroom will look like a Wes Craven movie the next morning."

Roger:"Look at you! Stan, isn't Francine beautiful?"
    Stan:"Yep! That's the reason I married her."
    Francine:"Well, that's not the only reason."
    Stan:"Yes it is."
    Francine:"There's nothing else?"
    Stan:"Nope."
    Francine:"Just my appearance?"
    Stan:"That is correct."
    Roger""Heh, he means your beauty that radiates from within."
    Stan:"No I don't."

Francine:"You ran out on our wedding?!"
    Stan:"To be fair Francine, to be fair...to be fair...you're ugly."

ad2.png

ad4.png

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Jeanie Gold
    Planner De
    Weddingos/Prostitutas

American Dad wins again.

1. American Dad
    2. Family Guy
    3. Cleveland Show
    4. (Distant 4) Simpsons

The Flintstones car chase and the clones saved FG from what was a boring A-plot. Cleveland too wasn't interesting but had moments that actually made me laugh. AD you just laugh throughout and Roger was an excellent crazy alien as always.

Not gonna bother even discussing the Simpsons.

And can someone explain how Youtube works? I tried to upload the Flintstones car chase and its blocked by the time its finished. I assume they dont have someone there watching them all. Fucking hate copyright.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Video fingerprinting... just wait for it to go up on Hulu.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Eh, the Simpsons was kinda mediocre this week. A few funny bits, but Carl as boss didn't really work like it should have. Decent character moments for Marge, though.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

Should be a legal exemption for stuff under 30 seconds of a much larger piece.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

Should be a legal exemption for stuff under 30 seconds of a much larger piece.

You're stealing food out of Seth McFarlane's mouth! Heartless bastard!

EDIT: Alos, the Simpsons had a good couch gag this week.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Scotty wrote: »
    Is justs wants Futuramas backs ons televisions, ands its can'ts comes soons enoughs Is tell's yas.

Sal.jpg

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to watch Futurama when it comes back on, but I hope to God the quality is a lot better than the direct-to-DVD movies.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The movies worked better when cut up into episodes. They also tended to run out of steam trying to stretch less than an hour of premise to 90 minutes. I think returning to the episode format will be a return to form.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, almost all the problems I had with the Futurama movies were to due with the movie format itself (or more specifically, movies that had to also function as 4 episodes). I'm still hopeful about its return to 22 minute episodes.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm already entertained. BEHOLD!

250px-ADMyMorningJacket1.jpg
    Stan becomes obsessed with the band My Morning Jacket and decides to become a groupie

250px-ADGStringCircus3.jpg
    When Stan's business goes south, he finds himself dancing for cash.

And on the less interesting side.

FG
    Jerome is a candidate when Peter and his friends interview potential friends to fill the vacancy left by Cleveland. It's soon discovered that Quagmire hates him

250px-Dog_Gone_-_Family_Guy_promo.png
    After going to the Drunken Clam with Peter, Quagmire and Joe, Brian drives home drunk, and accidentally runs over and kills a dog on his way home. He attempts to secretly bury the dog, but ultimately succumbs to the guilt and confesses, only to find out that society doesn't care that a dog dies. Brian then tries to convince everyone that the life of a dog should have the same value as a human one. Meanwhile, Lois hires a maid who doesn’t listen to Peter.[1]

252px-A_Brown_Thanksgiving_-_The_Cleveland_Show_promo.png
    Cleveland celebrates Thanksgiving with his new family and discovers a secret about Donna's Auntie Momma[2]

The episode will also see the introduction of Cleveland's father, Freight Train, who will be portrayed by Craig Robinson.

For Cous and Cloud.
    Lisa befriends three girls who are practicing Wiccans. They ask Lisa to join their coven, but are arrested and put on trial. Meanwhile, Homer starts hanging out with Cletus, who befriends him after learning that Cletus and his friends make moonshine.[1]
    Principal Skinner tells Bart that he is not the best prankster ever, and that an ex-student named Andy Hamilton was. Bart tracks down Andy, who still acts like a nine year old, and the two become friends.[1]

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think the FG with Brian hitting the dog could be pretty damn funny

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I've given up trying to predict what future Simpsons eps will be good based on the premise alone, since a lot of the ones that seem like sure-fire winners turn out badly (the Ayn Rand episode) while a lot of the weaker premises actually make for great eps (Homer and Marge's courtship in the 90s for some reason).

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fleck0 wrote: »
    I think the FG with Brian hitting the dog could be pretty damn funny

I thought so too. Is that the one this coming Sunday?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I've given up trying to predict what future Simpsons eps will be good based on the premise alone, since a lot of the ones that seem like sure-fire winners turn out badly (the Ayn Rand episode) while a lot of the weaker premises actually make for great eps (Homer and Marge's courtship in the 90s for some reason).

I. Will. END. YOU!

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The Ayn Rand episode? o_O I don't remember that.
    Lisa befriends three girls who are practicing Wiccans. They ask Lisa to join their coven, but are arrested and put on trial.
    People still give a shit about Wiccans?

Couscous on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Couscous wrote: »
    The Ayn Rand episode? o_O I don't remember that.
    Lisa befriends three girls who are practicing Wiccans. They ask Lisa to join their coven, but are arrested and put on trial.
    People still give a shit about Wiccans?

Simpsons did it!! I think Lisa's practiced or been accused of witchcraft at least twice, if you count the harry potter treehouse of horror and an earlier treehouse... I'm fuzzy on the ep, but it ends with the sea captain:

"And that's the story of the first caramel cod"

edit: heh

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Holy crap, Family Guy the other week, "Brian's Got a Brand New Bag" ...

The cougar, Rita, is voiced by Nana Visitor, isn't she?

Edit: I was WRONG. I could have SWORN it was her.

I'm pretending it was anyway.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I thought Lisa was a Buddhist?

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Wiccan...ism empowers women so Im sure it'll be a bunch of her usual feminist nonsense.

I also am willing to take bets on them being shown as really powerless until the end where theres a little 'wink' to them being real witches, continuing the merge of Halloween episode and regular episode.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Wiccan...ism empowers women so Im sure it'll be a bunch of her usual feminist nonsense.

I also am willing to take bets on them being shown as really powerless until the end where theres a little 'wink' to them being real witches, continuing the merge of Halloween episode and regular episode.

and because it's the simpons your figurative wink, will almost certainly include a literal wink as well.

Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Eh, given that so many people think Wicca and its followers are kinda silly it might be funnier to not go down that route. Then again, they somehow screwed up Ayn Rand, so maybe they really will.

And the inexplicable 90s episode is good if you don't demand continuity in the Simpsons. Honestly, demanding continuity in the Simpsons is like demanding an aneurysm.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If there is a reference to Bewitched, I am going to get mad and post angry things on the internet. Those posts shall call them "The $imp$on$."

Couscous on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If there is a reference to Bewitched, I am going to get mad and post angry things on the internet. Those posts shall call them "The $imp$on$."

Matt Gro€ning.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Im gonna hold you to this for I fully expect the Bewitched theme tune to top this episode off.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I just realized a big reason for why American Dad is so much better than Family Guy now. In Family Guy it's Peter, Brian and Stewie who are the interesting characters; Lois, Chris and Meg (especially Chris and Meg) don't really have anything special about them.

In American Dad only Hayley and Klaus don't have that much to do, but despite that they're both still really likeable characters who I wish had more focus put on them (especially since we've been getting a bit too many "Steve wants to make his dad proud" episodes).

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    I just realized a big reason for why American Dad is so much better than Family Guy now. In Family Guy it's Peter, Brian and Stewie who are the interesting characters; Lois, Chris and Meg (especially Chris and Meg) don't really have anything special about them.

In American Dad only Hayley and Klaus don't have that much to do, but despite that they're both still really likeable characters who I wish had more focus put on them (especially since we've been getting a bit too many "Steve wants to make his dad proud" episodes).

Chris had potential. Early on he was just a somewhat stupid kid who had an artistic side and wanted to be noticed by his Dad. Somewhere along the way he went full retard.

You never go Full Retard.

Lois has become a bitch but she was supposed to be a repressed housewife that put up with Peter because he was a genuinely decent guy if a bit stupid.

Meg has always sucked though. Even after they got Mila Kunis for her VA. Watch her episodes she's a whiny bitch. I'd hate her too if I had to try to work with Jan Brady wearing a pink hat.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm actually enjoying this episode if only for showing Bart's future better than any of the episodes actually set in the future.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The Cleveland Show is just horrible.

Couscous on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    is this

is this making fun of Tyler Perry?

Joolander on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm actually enjoying this episode if only for showing Bart's future better than any of the episodes actually set in the future.

Man, what about when he was a justice on the supreme court?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    seriously , this show is exactly what pushes race relations back twenty years everytime it's on.

useless4 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Joolander wrote: »
    is this

is this making fun of Tyler Perry?

This makes sense. I have never seen any of his crap so any of the humor is entirely lost on me. I guess it is popular with black people, maybe?

Couscous on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    it has to be

i mean

black dude as a fat black woman

he stole that from flip wilson and made it not funny

and then theres the terrible everything else

yep

tyler perry parody

Joolander on
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think it's also that whole Big Mama's House style Martin Lawernce and Eddie Murphy humor.

useless4 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh, come on with that shitty British joke.

Couscous on
This discussion has been closed.