Options

So I burned off half my face

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    ahaha

I just remembered

We were throwing a going away party for a friend of ours

And I brought a bottle of Sambuca and convinced everyone to do a Statue of Liberty, in which you pour a shot, dip your finger in the glass, light your finger on fire, and then drink the shot before putting your finger in your mouth to extinguish the flames.

Only the next day did I reveal I had never done it before nor had I ever heard of anyone doing it before.

good times

How well did it work?

Because that sounds like fun

Straightzi on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    everything sounds like fun to you

hey ya'll watch this

Faricazy on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Javen wrote: »
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    Hunter I regularly harness the powers of magma and I think you're a pussy.

Yeah well I'm a Balrog of Morgoth and you a chump.

I'm Charizard and I just beat you.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »

hey ya'll watch this

Even bad experiences are still experiences to be had

Straightzi on
  • Options
    NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ahahaha oh fuck, this thread.

I guess on one hand you won't be able to do any more shemale photos.

Newtron on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Nuh-uh you missed and I have a forcefield that protects me from fire

Javen on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Straightzi wrote: »

hey ya'll watch this

Did you at least impress your nerdfriends?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

stop godmodding!!

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This is some dumb shit. I don't even feel bad for you.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    ahaha

I just remembered

We were throwing a going away party for a friend of ours

And I brought a bottle of Sambuca and convinced everyone to do a Statue of Liberty, in which you pour a shot, dip your finger in the glass, light your finger on fire, and then drink the shot before putting your finger in your mouth to extinguish the flames.

Only the next day did I reveal I had never done it before nor had I ever heard of anyone doing it before.

good times

How well did it work?

Because that sounds like fun

It works pretty well. Just remember to shake the excess grain/whatever from your finger so it doesn't dribble down your hand while it's on fire.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

stop godmodding!!
    iddqd now I am the demons.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    This is some dumb shit. I don't even feel bad for you.

Hunter and Peter Ebel for Natural Selection.

Hunter on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    Melt pure sand at 1700C and change and come talk to a real man.

Pffft. 4 digit temperatures.

1000action2.jpg

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    metal working is a man's man

Newtron on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

1000action2.jpg

Isn't that an arc welder? How quaint.

Plasma Arc furnace. You can melt anything in this. I had to put on SPF 50 sunblock on under welding hoods, furnace jackets, and gloves just in case because the light splashing off this fucker would burn you in seconds.

3292995767_5141a8ec74.jpg

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    No, it's a plasma cutter. Can't weld shit with it. All it wants to do is love. All it knows how to do is destroy.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah get a better job man that doesn't revolve around burning shit all day.

Actually what the fuck am I saying.

That's the perfect job.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My first reaction at Queertzi's pick was laughter. I am a bad person.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    No, it's a plasma cutter. Can't weld shit with it. All it wants to do is love. All it knows how to do is destroy.
    snap snap snap snap snap

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    But yeah, I had to wear full leathers when cutting with it. Except the one day I just needed to make a quick cut and wasn't supposed to be at the sculpture studio that day anyway so I was wearing sandals. Sprayed my foot with just the smallest bit of hot metal. Ouch.

I mean, I've seen a guy accidentally tan his face with the oxy-acetylene torch, so I'm not terribly surprised plasma torches are several magnitudes worse.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Plasma arc furnace is like 20 steps in evolution of a plasma cutter. You create a fault between an anode and cathode to create a ball of plasma that's theoretically as hot as the sun and slowly dump dry powder mixes through it to make a molten slag of whatever you want. We used to to make synthetic minerals (amorphous and crystalline) and to make ceramic like particles. Fucking shit was crazy.

Then they cut funding for it and shelved the project because the economy went to hell.

Hunter on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Butters wrote: »

I thought herpes outbreak

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009

You can join Peter Ebel and I on the Natural Selection ticket. We laughed at him too.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Plasma arc furnace is like 20 steps in evolution of a plasma cutter. You create a fault between an anode and cathode to create a ball of plasma that's theoretically as hot as the sun and slowly dump dry powder mixes through it to make a molten slag of whatever you want. We used to to make synthetic minerals (amorphous and crystalline) and to make ceramic like particles. Fucking shit was crazy.

Then they cut funding for it and shelved the project because the economy went to hell.

awwwwwww :(

the manliness has to wait for another day.

Newtron on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I don't know about 20 steps in evolution, but I imagine it's more than 20x the size. I would have had no use for a full furnace in steel sculpture though.

And with the cutter, I can sign my name in cursive in a solid block of metal. That's always fun.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

They cut funding because James Bond stormed the base and killed your master, didn't they? Don't blame the dissolution of an Evil Doom Empire on the economy.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hunter's work stories are the best work stories.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

They cut funding because James Bond stormed the base and killed your master, didn't they? Don't blame the dissolution of an Evil Doom Empire on the economy.

No, they caught him.

scorpio_with_bont.jpg

The economy really is harsh.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Isn't that an arc welder? How quaint.

Plasma Arc furnace. You can melt anything in this. I had to put on SPF 50 sunblock on under welding hoods, furnace jackets, and gloves just in case because the light splashing off this fucker would burn you in seconds.

3292995767_5141a8ec74.jpg

what hath mankind wrought

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

this explains Robocop, though.

clearly Detroit needed a Robocop because of the economy.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I don't know about 20 steps in evolution, but I imagine it's more than 20x the size. I would have had no use for a full furnace in steel sculpture though.

And with the cutter, I can sign my name in cursive in a solid block of metal. That's always fun.

To make something of that size to produce 10 to 20 tons of molten material an hour, it's many generations past a simple plasma cutter. Not to mention it used a combination of electricity and pet coke to fully heat, had a scrubber system to remove the NOx and SOx gasses, and produced high end grade liquid CO2 on the side. The material I designed to melt in it was also exothermic, and I could net positive on electricity after you burned all the pet coke and sell it back to the grid.

It was my favorite project I worked on since coming out of college and the only patent I bought the plaque for to hang in my office because it was so crazy and dangerous.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Plasma Arc Furnaceoatse.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Robots are taking our jobs!

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

pbs made a program about Fermilab and how funding got cut

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/atomsmashers/index.html

i want to see it

MORE SCIENCE

NOT LESS SCIENCE

Faricazy on
  • Options
    honey nut cheerioshoney nut cheerios __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Hunter can you tell me how a lightning globe works?

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »

hey ya'll watch this

Did you at least impress your nerdfriends?

Those weren't even the friends I was with!

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Nah, it's a pretty funny looking picture

Bonus points if you notice the missing skin is vaguely dragon shaped

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

You can join Peter Ebel and I on the Natural Selection ticket. We laughed at him too.

Funny thing: the party was in a terribly remote location

Like, we needed to hand out maps of how to walk there remote

So we were calling it a Darwin Party for a while, for only the fittest would actually make it there

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    GRMike wrote: »
    GRMike wrote: »
    yo, DL, were them ear surgeries for cauliflower ear my rough-ridin sumbitch brotha?

indeed

even though i have never had cauliflower ear, i have no idea why they chopped my ear.

To make you look like more of a hardass.

i thought that was why i did squats?

cause my butt is cute!

No argument here. (When are you 21? <.<)

September 2010

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I have a scar across my right eyebrow that was pretty badass when I was a kid but now guidos pluck similar lines through their eyebrows and people assume I'm a douche

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png