As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

These things are why NASA needs more money

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Butters wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »
    I can only hope that Oprah and Jenny will make such fools of themselves that there will be a gigantic backlash

Well considering Oprah is really only considered relevant by her viewers you are talking about the undoing of over two decades of loyalty on the part of the country's dumbest broads. Though I suppose if anything could do that it would be children dying from whooping cough.

It makes me very afraid that nobody is going to understand how seriously idiotic these people are until there's some sort of media coverage about a totally preventable illness making children sick and possibly killing them.

Usagi on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I suppose we could look at it like voluntary eugenics

if, you know, we were really that terrible

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    Fishman wrote: »
    There are times I get depressed because immortality is unfeasible owing to the tendency of systems to move towards entropy and the eventual heat death of the universe.

Statistically you'd only live up to 250-300 years anyway before you get offed through a fatal accident.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    I suppose we could look at it like voluntary eugenics

if, you know, we were really that terrible

I can be a pretty cold bastard when it comes to people suffering because of their own stupidity

but in this case it's children who are getting sick and dying through no fault of their own, but rather their shit-for-brains parents

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I can only hope that Oprah and Jenny will make such fools of themselves that there will be a gigantic backlash

Well considering Oprah is really only considered relevant by her viewers you are talking about the undoing of over two decades of loyalty on the part of the country's dumbest broads. Though I suppose if anything could do that it would be children dying from whooping cough.

It makes me very afraid that nobody is going to understand how seriously idiotic these people are until there's some sort of media coverage about a totally preventable illness making children sick and possibly killing them.

I don't know, hun. These days we need people to stand up to "big science" and who better to do represent the best interest of Jane Everymom than a fat billionaire with no children of her own along with her former playmate sidekick.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man, I love reading about space and stuff. Rad thread.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

I don't know, hun. These days we need people to stand up to "big science" and who better to do represent the best interest of Jane Everymom than a fat billionaire with no children of her own along with her former playmate sidekick.

I want to hug you.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So I guess this means Science needs a former Playmate and a rich but influential person as spokesmodels?

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You never see animals going through the absurd and often horrible fooleries of magic and religions. Only man behaves with such gratuitous folly. It is the price he has to pay for being intelligent but not, as yet, intelligent enough.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So I guess this means Science needs a former Playmate and a rich but influential person as spokesmodels?

James Randi and a rich but influential person?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Jesus, how big does something have to be to start pulling multiple galaxies towards it?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hurray for willfully ignorant yet poetic hyperbole.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »

James Randi and a rich but influential person?

Maybe if we got Phil Plait a coconut bra

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    oh man, James Randi. dude is best

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    reddressrun.jpg

so..anyone here rich and influential?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Religion can be a great, great thing, but an answer to space physics it is not.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    But it's true that snow is God-lice

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The Lord's locks are completely free of dandruff or pediculosis, you god damn heathen.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The lice is our punishment for sin you troglodyte.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Our lice is. Snow however is the Lord giving a tremendously cold raspberry to us sinners.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    whee.jpgso..anyone here rich and influential?

I don't think mainstream media is ready for the prettiest princess in the world

Usagi on
  • Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My favorite thing of all time is when physicists and/or astronomers encounter something completely new and undiscovered.

Not the "oh look, we found this tired old star cluster that is a little brighter than it should be!" or anything equally mundane, but just a complete and total mindfuck discovery where a room full of scientists, who have spent their entire lives studying the very shit they are observing, are just standing there, mouths agape, thinking "WHAT... THE... FUCK..."

Whenever that happens, it makes the little boy in me leap for joy and I start smiling for days. It makes me realize that there is still shit left worth discovering and studying, even if some scientists still tend to think that we've almost got everything figured out.

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I think my 6th grade science textbook operated on the belief that there were only like 6 galaxies in the universe. The Hubble is like the greatest thing to ever be.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    you're all going to hell

Jesus just told me so

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    you're all going to hell

Jesus just told me so
    I thought you two got in a fight and stopped talking to each other when you were kids

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    All that rad stuff out there makes me kinda sad that we are stuck here on this planet :(

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    you're all going to hell

Jesus just told me so
    I thought you two got in a fight and stopped talking to each other when you were kids
    you really think he's gonna hold a grudge for 2,000 years?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    you're all going to hell

Jesus just told me so
    man that was his sister

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    you're all going to hell

Jesus just told me so
    man that was his sister

a little frankincense, a little myrrh and all is forgiven apparently

used to be you had to make good with wine and feasting, but now it's just spices spices spices

Usagi on
  • Options
    misbehavinmisbehavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    you're all going to hell

Jesus just told me so

I had a discussion last night with a close friend about how I am a closeted atheist.

Everyone around me would be pissed if they knew I was an atheist. Some might even stop talking to me, including family members. It would be ugly and painful and not really worth the headaches. So, rather than facing such things, I just pretend to be a Christian when I'm around anyone that falls into this category. I was raised Christian, so I know all the right words and phrases, and even quite a few bible passages if the situation calls for it. Everyone falls for it. It's remarkably easy to pull off, actually. I can see why so many people can make truckloads of money from religious folk.

I feel like a gay guy in a southern Baptist family... I parade the bible around at family functions, even kissing it from time to time so as not to set off any suspicion, but I secretly have science waiting for me in my bed back home...

misbehavin on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Any time people ask me about my religious beliefs now I just kinda shrug

does that make me agnostic or

?

Well, except my family; we don't really talk about it at all, though Mom and Dad are certainly Christian; Dad would probably be unhappy if I told him about my rather lax faith

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

?

Well, except my family; we don't really talk about it at all, though Mom and Dad are certainly Christian; Dad would probably be unhappy if I told him about my rather lax faith

Apatheism?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    you're all going to hell

Jesus just told me so
    man that was his sister

Despite the fact the bible explicitly states Jesus spent time with brothers and sisters Mary was a virgin her whole life and those were actually just cousins.

And Jesus wasn't mad about Dru doing his cousin it was the fact that Lenny was underage at the time.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    jesus forgives a lot

but damn, dru

damn

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    misbehavin wrote: »
    you're all going to hell

Jesus just told me so

I had a discussion last night with a close friend about how I am a closeted atheist.

Everyone around me would be pissed if they knew I was an atheist. Some might even stop talking to me, including family members. It would be ugly and painful and not really worth the headaches. So, rather than facing such things, I just pretend to be a Christian when I'm around anyone that falls into this category. I was raised Christian, so I know all the right words and phrases, and even quite a few bible passages if the situation calls for it. Everyone falls for it. It's remarkably easy to pull off, actually. I can see why so many people can make truckloads of money from religious folk.

I feel like a gay guy in a southern Baptist family... I parade the bible around at family functions, even kissing it from time to time so as not to set off any suspicion, but I secretly have science waiting for me in my bed back home...

That's kind of lame.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    look, Mary was indeed a virgin her whole life but that's the beauty of anal

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    you're all going to hell

Jesus just told me so

How long do you want to pull this off?

Platy on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Darmak wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

?

Apatheism?

Wow, this

I was not aware this was an actual thing

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    look, Mary was indeed a virgin her whole life but that's the beauty of anal

The benefit of being born without original sin is you don't even have to worry about poop.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    you're all going to hell

Jesus just told me so

That's kind of lame.
    see, I just make noncommittal gestures when anyone says I should go to church.

I still need things from my parents, I can't tell them yet!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
This discussion has been closed.