Ticket transfers are being locked down the 28th of august.
(We had to change it to the friday as opposed to the weekend becuase the intel guys who run the Reg site dont work on weekends)
You can still buy passes off of other people, but after the 28th the orginal owner of the pass is the only one that can get the actual physical pass before/during PAX. Since ID is required to get the BYOC Pass and all...
AT PAX TO GET YOUR BYOC PASS:
1) Photo ID (Drivers licence, State ID, Passport)
2) The barcode from the email you got after you registered and paid for a seat. Print it out and bring it.
If you dont have a printer (trust me, i dont either. Hardcopy ftl). Be able to record the barcode # on something (phone, paper, hand, etc). We can type you in manually that way.
Or if you fail at everything, we can look you up via Name/addy/email. BUT you will be slowing down the line and we will make everyone else behind you in line glare at you, disapprovingly
Government photo ID is still required though, to make sure you are who you say you are.
HOW TO TRANSFER A BYOC BADGE TO ANOTHER PERSON
So you sold a pass eh? Well you suck, we are going to have SO MUCH FUN WITHOUT *YOU*
But heres how you transfer it....
Have the person buying your pass create an account on the intel LANfest site
Get them to tell you their Real name/account name on the site.
Then you need to submit a support ticket on the LANfest site to have your BYOC Pass and seat transfered to them.
See spoiler for previous infos
BYOC Reg is now LIVE!
(Let's make this thing sell out in a week
If you won a free BYOC pass last year in one of the contests, please email email@example.com
with your handle and RL name so we can get you your reward.
Also keep in mind this is a new reg system for us. If there are any issues with the Intel site go ahead and let me know (either email the above addy or just shoot me a forum PM so the info can be passed along to the right people to fix.
Warning: You must both pay your balance AND select your BYOC Seat in order to secure your place at the LAN. Seats are available on a first to reserve basis. Payment alone does not secure your seat.
Here we go again. yeah I know this post is late in the year compared to the last two years, But hey, we are in a new space and such so theres moar to figure out. What sucks is its taking a lot longer to do so.
I have been authorized to share some info with you guys (ohgodstopthePMstome) to quell some of the questions. If there are any other questions about BYOC please post in here so everyone can benifit from the answers.
Also ill do a copy-pasta of the FAQ from previous years (Since its still kinda valid for a lot of questions)
INFO ABOUT THIS YEAR
(that I was told I can share so far)
- BYOC will cost $30 this year
- I was told BYOC online registration will be done via Intels LANFEST site and not brown paper tickets this year.
- There will be around 400 BYOC seats available, not decided for sure yet, might go up or down. Thats the ballpark right now.
- BYOC reg will go live around late may-early june (ovbiously subject to change)
- Sadly it looks so far I wont be able to get the BYOC people to the front of the line for expo. So subject to change (still fighting for it, dont want you guys to get hosed), will post with any updates on that front
- BYOC attendees will get to check into BYOC 2h before PAX opening, So you guys can get all situated and get your stuff setup. I will post info where that will be and other instructions later when more things are finalized. Although Just like last year, theres no garuntee the network or internet will be up and ready before the PAX start time. You guys will also be required to remain in BYOC until pax opening (no wandering about). This is basically just so you guys can get things setup before the craziness of PAX starts.
- PC room (therefore BYOC) will be up on the 6th floor this year
- I am working on getting another checkin-checkout system made to make the checkin/out of equipment even faster this year.
- This year we are going to have the option of picking up your BYOC badge on Thursday wherever reg ends up being at. The process doesnt take very long to get that, its more of a convience thing incase you need to go to willcall for a regular badge pickup, you may as well get your BYOC pass as well. Just like last year we will have a seperate table for badge Pickup before opening near where BYOC will end up being at
Thats about it for now. Next post will be the FAQ. If you have any other questions about BYOC post away