Options

What does your name/avatar mean?

• Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: I chose it around 6-7 years ago, while playing Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. I believe I saw somebody with the word ravage in there name and i was like OH DOOD SIK. and made up my name El Ravenger (el being like 1 of 2 spanish words i knew then) Eventually I got tired of people calling me El, so I swapped it to The Ravenger, and from there shortened it to Ravenger. Now, most people just call me rav. =\ or, my fake name, David
    Avatar:Made it for my button exchange stuff last year, thats about it. Nothing really special about it
    What I'm looking forward to the most:Hard choice but I'd say meeting people with similar interests and getting to try out game previews.Definitely kickin it with all the irc kids, and im pretty stoked on meeting lots of new people. gonna be intense

Ravenger on
    <@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    Cosmic HippoCosmic Hippo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cosmic Hippo is from the name of a Bela Fleck album, I chose it years ago as my default internet name years ago when I was a huge Bela Fleck fan. And my Avatar is from the cover of the album.

this is my first time at PAX

What I'm looking forward to the most is not being at work during PAX.

Cosmic Hippo on
  • Options
    Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: Bob Jackass came from an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000, the episode of Merlin's Shop of Mysteries. Some guy was being a dick to Merlin and he asks "who are you?" and one of the MST3K guys responds "Bob Jackass". It was funny, and I had a 6 foot tall hand-carved tiki statue that was since known as Bob Jackass.

Avatar: Just found it online, I think in a Fark.com photoshop contest.

First time attending PAX? Nope. This will be my fourth time! Attended 2 in the early years when it was in Bellvue, and once in downtown Seattle. I miss the Bawls bottles being knocked over during panels. :)

What I'm Most Looking Forward To: The whole thing. This year will be the first year me and some friends are doing the CCST. If I had to pick one thing, I'd say the community.

Bob Jackass on
    Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    *snip*

What I'm Most Looking Forward To: The whole thing. This year will be the first year me and some friends are doing the CCST. If I had to pick one thing, I'd say the community.

The community. Awwwwww <3. That's like saying you would use your one wish for world peace. The rest of us just look selfish now. :P

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    *snip*

The community. Awwwwww <3. That's like saying you would use your one wish for world peace. The rest of us just look selfish now. :P

Nah, I'd take hanging out with a PAX crowd over world peace any day. Besides, I can't narrow down what I want to see/do. The whole experience is awesome.

Bob Jackass on
    Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    *snip*

Not me! I said the people way back on page two. Hehe

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    *snip*

And I said the people--I think "you folks" to be precise--on page one. It's rare that I like the public...but the Forum kids...and other Non-Forum-PAXians...are kosher for the most part.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    *snip*

"The community" goes without saying, so we didn't say it. (See what I did there?)

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Stupid wrote: »
    *snip*

"The community" goes without saying, so we didn't say it. (See what I did there?)

Nice, nice. That's also why I didn't say it. Not that I didn't think of it. Though this is a great community. In all honesty I'm surprised as the community is so large, but I'm glad I'm a part of it.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    *snip*

And I said the people--I think "you folks" to be precise--on page one. It's rare that I like the public...but the Forum kids...and other Non-Forum-PAXians...are kosher for the most part.

BAH! It does need to be said. You know I heard rumours re: the PAX community for years but well people will say anything when they are trying to promote something.

Well I have learned for myself that it is true. So true in fact, I sang praises about it on the radio last week and I think I even mentioned it in my blog.

I have part of a lot of "communities" but I do have to say (from a first timers POV) there is a true sense of it here. At least on the forums.

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: I came up with RandomFool in high school when I decided to create my first non-AOL email address. I don't remember how but I do know it was either RandomFool or GeorgeWallace. I like to think I made the right choice. I used it for years until I got in to competitive CS and one day randomly reversed it to loofmodnar. It made less sense and loof is cooler nick than Random so I stuck with it.

Avatar: It's my former hamster, Pandora. I named her Pandora because she live in a cage(box) and told people not to open it.

First time attending PAX? If no, how many years? Nope, I went last year. It was pretty awesome even though I didn't get involved with much of the PAX forum events. This year should prove to be awesome x 1000.

What I'm looking forward to the most: PAX in general. This is my mini-vacation this year so it's better be awesome.

Also the people, yeah, community and stuff...:-D.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    CloverClover Registered User new member
    edited June 2009
    I'm a noob here, too :D

Name: Was the second name I used (and made my main) on Ultima Online. My grandpa always picked clovers for me, so that's how the idea sprung. Not too complicated really. I've used the same username for WoW, Warhammer, Aion, and myspace haha I guess it stuck and stuck well.

Avatar: Stole it from a UO forum years ago :P Rather random and has no meaning.

Clover on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    awitelintstaawitelintsta Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: It's the name of a Zuni creator goddess. I've used it in its various forms (usually shortened as Awitelin) for something like five years now, starting with Guild Wars. Just don't ask me to pronounce it.

Avatar: It's Revolutionary Girl Utena, because that anime is awesome. 'Nuff said.

First time attending PAX? If no, how many years? - Yes. I'm a total n00b. :)

What I'm looking forward to the most: I'm headed up primarily to crash the Pirates of the Burning Sea table and meet up with some of my fellow RPers from there, but I've got my eye of a few other MMOs to speak of. I think I'm more or less the official game-scout for our guild at this point. Oh, and seeing MC Frontalot. That man rules.

awitelintsta on
    http://awitelintsta.gamerdna.com/
    Roleplayer, Pirate, and 2009 Omeganaut :D
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Futurama. Xmas Story episode. The Neptunian "elves" at Santa's workshop sing a song when they're released to make toys again.

Goes a little somethin like this:
    We are free and fairly sober, With so many toys to build,
    The machines are kind of tricky, Probably somebody will be killed...

Upon hearing it, I thought the first line was "We are free and nearly sober" After awhile I noticed my mistake, but nearlysober kinda grew on me.

nearlysober on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Futurama. Xmas Story episode. The Neptunian "elves" at Santa's workshop sing a song when they're released to make toys again.

Goes a little somethin like this:
    We are free and fairly sober, With so many toys to build,
    The machines are kind of tricky, Probably somebody will be killed...

Upon hearing it, I thought the first line was "We are free and nearly sober" After awhile I noticed my mistake, but nearlysober kinda grew on me.

I like it, Nearly sober...

Now that is the state of decisions. Decisions like "Should I drink more or become sober?" The answer to which can have chilling consequences. :shock:

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    w32trojanw32trojan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I go by w32trojan/Trojan or Envy. Trojan stems from a story when I first started switching from mostly consoles (Sega Genesis/PS1/N64 at the time) to full on PC games (besides my decent computer that could run quake 2 maxed out), I didn't understand that it was actually possible for some people not to understand what I thought were basic PC security ideas about things like Firefox, anti-virus software, firewalls, etc. So a guy and I were arguing the subject matter of which was mostly illegal (pertaining to whether or not it was possible to obtain a pirated copy of a certain game). During the course of the argument we used his computer to use various illegal programs and websites to try and find said software, during the course of which, he got a nasty infection, had to reformat his hard drive, I was blamed, the name stuck. Envy comes in equal parts from a group of friends I played games with online, all of whom had sin-themed names, and from the Flogging Molly song "Seven Deadly Sins" (Envy and his evil twin, they crept in bed with Slander, idiots they gave advice but Sloth it gave no answer).

w32trojan on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: It surprises me how rarely people can actually read my name, but it's a misspelling of diabolical.

I came up with it about 10 years ago during my "rap phase." Don't ask...

Avatar: Evidence of my mathly awesomeness. If you wish to review my notes, I will show you proof!

First time attending PAX? Nope, attended part of a day 2004, Saturday 2005, and the entire time of 2006-2008

What I'm looking forward to the most: Seeing stuff from behind the scenes, and maybe, just maybe, drumming in a Rock Band tourney!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

oh, awesome, so glad somebody else had viable video of that! I recorded that with my macbook, but accidentally deleted it and was a mac n00b, so i didn't know how to recover it!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited June 2009
    Well since you brought it back up, I recently discovered some old voicemails I copied off a neighbor's phone after my roommate left them there. This was during a night of much drinking and we were trying to coax the neighbor from the living room into the kitchen where we were, but he didn't answer his phone. My roommate left the messages, I'm laughing int he background. The significance is that this is the first recorded use of Moe Fwacky in the context I describe in that video. Also, don't listen to this if you're at work or can be heard by somebody who might be disturbed by... well, you'll see.

You Ever Been To Jail?

edit: you hear it at time index 2:04

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Well since you brought it back up, I recently discovered some old voicemails I copied off a neighbor's phone after my roommate left them there. This was during a night of much drinking and we were trying to coax the neighbor from the living room into the kitchen where we were, but he didn't answer his phone. My roommate left the messages, I'm laughing int he background. The significance is that this is the first recorded use of Moe Fwacky in the context I describe in that video. Also, don't listen to this if you're at work or can be heard by somebody who might be disturbed by... well, you'll see.

URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1dPN-8WOvc&quot;You Ever Been To Jail?/URL

edit: you hear it at time index 2:04

:shock:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited June 2009
    Haha, I think that's a typical reaction to that.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    HicksHicks Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: Its a long story honestly.. I could was philosophically about it for hours, but the long and the short of it is.. My name pays homage to the most important man in my life, Moe Fwacky.

Hicks on
  • Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hicks wrote: »
    Name: Its a long story honestly.. I could was philosophically about it for hours, but the long and the short of it is.. My name pays homage to the most important man in my life, Moe Fwacky.

Huh. I always assumed it was Aliens related. Then again, all geek 'women of a certain age' are predisposed to notice Michael Biehn characters.

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    brainsmithbrainsmith Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: I chose this name a couple of years ago when i decided to change my xbl gamertag. It is the most common mispellings of both my first and last name put together, plus I think it sounds neat....brainsmith, like a blacksmith, only with brains.
    Avatar: Random pic off the net with a brain on it.
    First time attending PAX? Yes, very excited about going...I hope this doesn't fall through.
    What I'm looking forward to the most: Making new friends, I'd like to play some table top (i've never played before, but I hope that changes between now and PAX).

brainsmith on
    Get your own tauntaun!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    brainsmith wrote: »
    First time attending PAX? Yes, very excited about going...I hope this doesn't fall through.
    don't worry about it, i'm pretty sure there's not much that can keep pax from happening!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    AntiopaAntiopa Registered User new member
    edited June 2009
    Antiopa: Taken from Nymphalis Antiopa, the mourning cloak butterfly. I first used the name shortly after my brother died.

Astyanx: Taken from Limenitis astyanax, A red-spotted purple butterfly. Also, apparently, a hideous cave fish. Thanks Google. Because I clearly had a "butterflies whose names start with A" theme going.

Acheronia: A feminized version of Acheron the river in the underworld in Greek mythology. Because it began with A and also fit in with Antiopa. May or may not be the main character in my old Star Wars fanfic.

Solo: From Han Solo, because he's awesome.

Tay: A shortening of my first name, and the first real gamer handle that I used.

My avatar is a pic of my current namesake.

This will be my third year at PAX!

I'm most looking forward to the concerts, I've had a ball at them every year, and the Q&A panels. They always crack me up. And the feeling that us geeks completely overrun downtown Seattle for the weekend, that's always pretty cool to see.

Antiopa on
  • Options
    brainsmithbrainsmith Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    brainsmith wrote: »
    don't worry about it, i'm pretty sure there's not much that can keep pax from happening!

Yeah, I meant for me being able to make it.

brainsmith on
    Get your own tauntaun!
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    For those who know Mechwarrior they should recognize it otherwise they're not real Mechwarriors in my eyes.

For those who don't know Mechwarrior or don't deserve to be called Mechwarriors (IMO) It's the faction symbol for... Look at the Sig... VVV

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    For those who know Mechwarrior they should recognize it otherwise they're not real Mechwarriors in my eyes.

For those who don't know Mechwarrior or don't deserve to be called Mechwarriors (IMO) It's the faction symbol for... Look at the Sig... VVV

I guess I fail as a Mechwarrior person (though I never really claimed to be one!)

Side note, sign up with your location on the attendees map, it needs more east siders!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    WinyderWinyder Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: The name came from my Paladin character ( Winyder of Tallon Zek/Quellious ). Since then, it's become my identity, and also the default name of any other character I play.
    Avatar: This was taken from the original Tuborgrafix cart art of Splatterhouse. It just looked good to me. :P
    What I'm looking forward to the most: Being able to take time to enjoy all of PAX. Last year I missed all of the panels as I was so overwhelmed by the awesomeness of Seattle and PAX.

Winyder on
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: my name
    Avatar: Jason from Blaster Master, an NES classic
    Year at PAX: this will make four (2004, 2007, 2008, 2009)
    Looking forward to:
    - community events (finally showing up early enough to go on the Magical Mystery Tour)
    - seeing things I am keenly interested in on the exhibition floor
    - seeing obscure (and not so obscure) old games being played in Classic Console Freeplay
    - getting murdered in PC Freeplay
    - Console Freeplay (Red Faction: Guerrilla Wrecking Crew, anyone?)
    - hanging out at The Green Tortoise
    - [strike]short lines[/strike]
    - [strike]sleep[/strike]
    - the unexpected

Blain on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Blain! You're back over here! I SO HAPPY! ^_^!!!!!!

Okie. Fangirling done.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: In Texas, in high school drama. my teacher called me "starbuck" because i was from Seattle... i have never seen battlestar Galatica....
    Avatar: random pic i think? i added it like 2 years ago when i wanted my nvidia match button
    First time attending PAX? If no, how many years? Yes! this will be my 4th.....
    What I'm looking forward to the most: ass ass in creed 2? i dont know enforcing? friends? not be crippled? what am i not looking forward to?

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Okie. Fangirling done.

Heh. I know you just love the Reaver. :)

Seriously though, pre-PAX Sacramento area get together? millislim's around. Yamara's in Davis. Does a weekend lunch before PAX sound good? I think VT will fly out if we ask him nicely. :P

Blain on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Blain wrote: »

Okie. Fangirling done.

Heh. I know you just love the Reaver. :)

Seriously though, pre-PAX Sacramento area get together? millislim's around. Yamara's in Davis. Does a weekend lunch before PAX sound good? I think VT will fly out if we ask him nicely. :P

Hmm. I can do that...I think. We shall do research on this, though!

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    teh1337ninj4teh1337ninj4 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name:its my XBL gamertag. teh1337ninj4 was influenced by megatokyo (yeah I know). I chose it because it reflected on how I played halo 2 and 3, most of my opponents would't know where I came from and I was known to pop out of nowhere when I was playing at lan parties.

Avatar: it made me laugh so I used it.

year at pax: this will make five (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009)

I am looking forward to the panels and the expo hall

teh1337ninj4 on
  • Options
    DimpDimp Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: Heh, Basically long ago when i played tribes (i dont even remember how old i was ... 13?) I thought i would be supercool and use Pimp as a name (which is ironic as shit i know) ... except i was WAY too cool to just do it that way so i made it []D [] []V[] []D. People always called me DVD and drove me nuts, anyway i got into a tribe and had to put a tag on. The tag pushed me over the character cap so i switched to []Dimp. .... yea ... guess what everyone called me? After that i just ran with Dimp, and have found many variations of it for endless enjoyment. Dimplet, Dimptastic, Dimplexic, Dimperrific, Dimptard, Dimposaurus, and many other enjoyable modifications

Oh and technically it means something which i found out much later. "DIMP is an internet acronym for "Deucing In My Pants", used to denote great amusement in chat conversations. Most commonly used to convey the image that the user, as a result of laughing so hard, has just soiled themself." ............... yea

Avatar: I am going for a PAX button theme and just change it each year to a new system (hopefully i dont run out of systems) The artwork is drawn by my good friend Noxy, she does the art for wowhead and a few other things.

Year at PAX: Second year for my wife and i (she got lucky and was omeganaut last year) oh ... "fuck peggle"

Looking forward to: Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 oh shit ... this is PAX not blizzcon ... well then Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. Nah i am looking forward to the parties, exhibit hall, maybe a few panels, BUTTONS!!!!

Dimp on
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Please post publicly if this gets planned. More of us around that area than you might expect. :)

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Stupid wrote: »

Please post publicly if this gets planned. More of us around that area than you might expect. :)

Probably the end of July (After the folks go to Comic-Con) and ALL of August leading up to PAX, there will be Pre-PAX local-area get-togethers everywhere! At least that's how it was last year.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    BeighBeigh Bloomington, ILRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Name: My default is zorak9379, but generally on forums I shorten it to Zorak, which, to my shock and despair, was already taken here. (Just proof that I fit well into this zone, I suppose). So, in the spirit of professionalism and complete uninterestingness, I went with my last name instead. Bonus points if you can pronounce it correctly!

Avatar: I switch often, but right now it's a pic I took in Champaign last December after a snowstorm blanketed campus. Seeing that I'm new here, I figured I should greet you all properly. :)

Year at PAX: This'll be my first, and I'm extremely excited. I've never been to a con, so my previous high for fellow nerds in the same room is about 20 from when I went to a Smash Bros. club meeting.

Looking forward to: Partying with gamers, of course. And also seeing games pre-release for the first time (an experience I'll hopefully repeat often, as I harbor dreams of being a game journo). Plus the panels, based on last year's docket, sound intimidating and super-fun.

Beigh on
    CVpdlHm.png76561197996811040.png