Options

Pre Fight Debate Thread: Bracket 10

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Okay, fuck you, asshole, I;ve been trying to stay civil here, and you, like the shitcock you are, keep fucking accusing me of insulting people, which I have not done even once this round. Fuck off.

:lol:

I hope you're laughing with me or by gosh I will be so cross with you!

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:

Makes perfect sense. Please, robo, think for yourself a little. Don't make everybiody else explain everything to you in the most grueling detail imaginable.

Half the evil mutants in the Marvel universe look perfectly human until they use their powers (Magneto, Shocker, Avalanche, for a couple quick examples). How would their thermal scan look any different than a normal human. Stop being a dick and making snarky little comments to anyone that disagrees with you.

Okay, fuck you, asshole, I;ve been trying to stay civil here, and you, like the shitcock you are, keep fucking accusing me of insulting people, which I have not done even once this round. Fuck off.

I meant telling friend or foe by a thermal scan in the sense of "having a database with a bunch of thermal scans from people."

Your face's thermal signiature is more unique than a fingerprint. It's different even for twins.

And of course, whoever goes into unauthorized areas without authorization gets taken down with foam as well, or a forcefield, and if those don't work, lasers or gas.

Oh my bad I must have missed how nice you were being when you said "Don't make everybiody else explain everything to you in the most grueling detail imaginable" my mistake, you're practically a saint.

Oh wait, you have not once been civil once anone starts to disagree with any of the half assed schemes you come up with. The second someone starts to chip away at one of your precious ideas you begin using all manner of verbal insults, and personally im sick and fucking tired of it.

Im prefectly fine with debating the pros and cons of someones personal idea, but there is no need for you to be a sniveling little bitch as soon as someone dares to perhaps present an idea contrary to yours. That is all Robo did and you in not so many words basically called him a drolling idiot that needed things explained to him step by step.

You have treated very few people with any sort of respect since the beginning of the hero tournament and it has continued on into this one. The only time you back off or say anything about your assholeish behavior is when a mod comes and busts you for being a dick. So fuck you right back.

How reliable is a thremal scan of a face? the skin there is very thin and succeptable to fluctuations due to temperature and illness. Heck on a cold day in New York a persons scan could look completely different than it did when they were scanned and put into the database.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oh, I'm sorry. From now on I will never be annoyed with anyone again for asking questions they could easily answer themselves. I have absolutely no right to my own opinions, obviously, nor am I allowed to posess any sort of emotions.

I back off plenty of times. I don't back off, however, when assholes and retards start piling up on me because they don't like being told that they're wrong about something.

So fuck you once more.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    My guess is that the security system has some way to distinguish if someone/something is a threat or not. How often do the kids/other heroes/random public get covered in immobilizing foam? What's that? Not often? Then why would the lasers, if they are there, be any less discriminatory, until they are hacked of course.

Yeah, I don't think there's any kind of good/evil sensor out there that automatically distinguishes between threats and non-threats. Also, since at least one of their villains has the capacity to control others (Puppet Master), they WOULD occasionally have to immobilize kids/heroes/random public. And of course, lasers fucking kill so why use them at all when the FF doesn't condone the death of villains? People like Annihilus and Blastaar, who Specter says they'd need lasers for, are invulnerable enough to shrug lethal lasers anyway. Given that, there's no fucking point.

If you've read Animal Man, you'll know that Buddy Baker's wife made him go with a non-lethal security system for the safety of the their children. Why wouldn't Sue demand the same?

I don't know about you, but if I were a supergenius superhero with nigh-invulnerable enemies, I would build a security system that can distinguish friend from foe through thermal imaging. Also, I would put up lasers. Lots of them. And non-lethal security measures. The lasers would only be deployed if the enemy turned out to be superhumanly resistant to damage.

Makes perfect sense. Please, robo, think for yourself a little. Don't make everybiody else explain everything to you in the most grueling detail imaginable.

Half the evil mutants in the Marvel universe look perfectly human until they use their powers (Magneto, Shocker, Avalanche, for a couple quick examples). How would their thermal scan look any different than a normal human. Stop being a dick and making snarky little comments to anyone that disagrees with you.

I meant telling friend or foe by a thermal scan in the sense of "having a database with a bunch of thermal scans from people."

Your face's thermal signiature is more unique than a fingerprint. It's different even for twins.

And of course, whoever goes into unauthorized areas without authorization gets taken down with foam as well, or a forcefield, and if those don't work, lasers or gas.

I'm pretty sure Reed has never had the opportunity to take thermal scans from his rogues gallery (when, during a fight?) and input them into a database, and even if he has there are still countless villains he HASN'T encountered on top of all the new ones and 99% of the human population who won't be recognized by a thermal scan and bear no harm/do not warrant security measures. It'd be moronic to depend on a system that relies so much on thermal scans of a small portion of the evil people in the world and an insignificant portion of the people in the world who aren't threats.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Really, I bet you could arm a small superhuman army with the equipment in the Baxter Building and only a few modifications. Even if it's meant for scientific purposes, there's a ton of dangerous items in there (like the terraformer that Wolverine threatened to kill a few hundred thousand people with, for example), and that's not even counting security systems.

First of all, Reed has probably given the terraformer a second thought after Wolverine threatened to kill people with it.

Second of all, while I don't doubt that you could use items from the Baxter Building to blow up the planet, I think the fact that none of Reed's inventions are specifically geared towards harming others generally makes them useless to Lex. They can be altered so they become deadly, sure, but will they be weighted properly? Will they have sufficient ammo stock?

I don't doubt that Lex could pervert a Mr. Fantastic invention so it becomes something deadly, but deadly alone doesn't cut it. The question is if Lex can come up with something, using unfamiliar items and unfamiliar tools in an unfamiliar environment, that kills more quickly and efficiently than Ra's with a gun and sword or Ra's with a ransacked chemistry lab possibly could.

I just don't think that the environment lends itself to that.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    All's i'm saying here, without setting off tempers, is that i don't think it's a hands down "Lex Wins" fight. I missed the fact that they have access to the equipment, so let's say that all doors are open, all security is down. Fair? Fair. Ok, now it's a race to get to the top floor, where I would imagine all the shit is. First, they have to recognize that there is shit on the top floor (or wherever). Remember, neither of these characters have encountered this building before, ever.

Ok, so where do they find this information? Well, assuming that they start on different floors, I would assume that one of them starts at the lobby, and another starts middling, say 25th floor. The guy in the lobby looks at a floor chart (I'm assuming it's like a mall map, just showing the different floors and what's section they fall under). There isn't going to be "find teh gunz here", but there might be something like Private sector, or Need Security Clearance posted on whatever floors are restricted.

So the guy on the lobby has some sort of advantage in getting up to the parts of the building that are useful. But there may be similar signs posted on the elevator, or the middle man may see the elevator rising to a particular floor. Either way, i see an encounter pretty early into the game. I think if Lex got there first, he might be able to initiate some sort of lockdown before Ra's gets there, which gives him a huge advantage.

Still, i don't think it's a cut and dry fight. I'm pretty split on who to give it to.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I actually wouldn't expect the weapons, if there are weapons, to be on the top floor. Aerial vehicles are likely to be up there and, below that, all of Reed's main research (Negative Zone Portal, access to the Microverse, whatever). Anything deadly in a one on one battle level (not a, screw up with this and you could destroy the world level) is bound to be in some auxiliary room that isn't all that noticeable in the schematics among all the other unmarked areas such as where each of them live, the trophy room, the kitchen, excetera.

Hell, even if they were to go to the room with the most security and assume that's where all the deadly shit is, they'd just end up at Franklin and Valeria's rooms since they're likely to be the most well-guarded (not with guns, but with forcefields and strong doors).

robosagogo on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ok, so here's the deal. For some inexplicable, contrived reason, they both end up in the kitchen, at the same time. After expending their clip of ammo, and disarming each other of their rapiers, they have a martial arts fight involving butcher knives, chairs, and a frozen chicken.

The chicken comes out on top.

Langly on
  • Options
    RonnieWooWoo!RonnieWooWoo! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think Spectre is assuming the FF labels all computer consoles and tech labs with big glowing neon signs in order to limit the confusion of any random intruders. Lex Luthor is a genius, but he's not psychic. He can't tell what a computer console does until he operates it. He doesn't know what's behind a door until he opens it. All this takes time, time that Ra's will be using to run around like a madman looking for him. For all the intellect on both sides of this battle, the fight is going to come down to a race: Can Lex find something useful before Ra's finds him?

RonnieWooWoo! on
    Woo!
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    okay, this is where they stand in my head.

using machinery to work in his place(i.e. controlling security system) = Lex win.
    Gas and posions = Ra's win.
    Hand-to-Hand = Ra's win.
    Ranged Fighting(guns/lasers/arrows) = Ra's probably a better shot.
    Detective and/or stealth skills = Ra's (he'll deduce where lex is before lex does him, and sneak up on him[assuming lex doesn't get secuirty monitors])

I dunno, they only way I can see Lex winning is if Ra's never even catches a glimpse of Lex. Lex pretty much has to hide behind a security system and thick doors. And hope Ra's doesn't release any posions into the vent system somehow. Ra's isn't a dumbass, he isn't going to just wander the halls aimlessly. He can pick up on clues and evidence that Lex has been around an area.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Lex is no slouch with a pistol, and you don't have to be better with a gun than your enemy to kill him. I figure Lex can find some manner of tech that manages to trap or freeze Ra's allowing Lex to walk over and put him down as he sees fit.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i just figure ra's is at least a *slighty* better shot, not to mention probably able to dodge a bullet better than lex. And if lex get a freeze shooter, Ra's gets a posion dart.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ra's has had MANY lifetimes in which to practice various fighting disciplines, including how to shoot a gun properly. Lex has no chance if he can't figure out a way to kill Ra's using the Baxter Building's defense systems. And even then, Ra's is probably agile and resilient enough to survive it all.

My vote goes to Ra's, the more I consider it.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    mcwillipmcwillip Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    mcwillip wrote:
    i think we need a ruling on starting proximity to be able to have any meaningful discourse on the lex/ra's fight.

also, what exactly was the "security" that wolverine subverted in enemy of the state in the bb?

mcwillip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I think Spectre is assuming the FF labels all computer consoles and tech labs with big glowing neon signs in order to limit the confusion of any random intruders. Lex Luthor is a genius, but he's not psychic. He can't tell what a computer console does until he operates it. He doesn't know what's behind a door until he opens it. All this takes time, time that Ra's will be using to run around like a madman looking for him. For all the intellect on both sides of this battle, the fight is going to come down to a race: Can Lex find something useful before Ra's finds him?

When there's a terminal in every other corridor for stuff like tourist information or communications, you can bet your ass that Lex would know that they are connected to the building's mainframe in some way.

The Baxter Building is much more full of high-tech gadgets than chemicals that Ra's can use. The odds of any of the participants finding something that might work in that advantage certainly favour Lex.

Lex doesn't have to take over the building's security system to win. All he has to do is gain access to Reed's lab and he's all set. Ra's an him do have full access to Reed's equipment, after all, and opening a door is a piece of cake for him.

Robos, I never said that the security system would only use thermal imaging. In the very same post you quoted I said that any tresspassers would also be targeted by the security system. And of course there's also voice recognition, plain old facial referencing and whatnot. Thermal imaging is more of a replacement for fingerprint scanners or something.

And you don't believe that Lex could make a weapon that tips the odds in his favour using basic human, though advanced, technology, using tools he must know, because Reed still uses normal tools for the most part. Lex Luthor invented a machine that could see and transmit through time when he was still a teenager. On his own. He is familiar with ludicrously complex alien technology. I think it's silly to just assume that he wouldn't be able to use the many, many resources in Reed's lab to build something deadly or something to protect himself just because you don't like the idea.

But you're entitled to your opinions, of course, as we all are (except Marathon because he is a big mean jerk).

I still say that the Baxter Building's resources and tools tip the odds in Lex's favour. These days Lex is all about the high-tech stuff. The technology in the building might be unfamiliar to him in the details, but the basics are still very easy to comprehend for him, what with him being a tremendous genius and all. And the rest he could easily pick up on. Not that he needs to, the basics are enough to pretty much construct a death ray from whatever might be in the lab at any given time. Power packs, lenses, wires, things of the non-Ben Grimm variety.

And the Baxter Building is open to tours. There's bound to be a map somewhere. If it's not on the wall, Lex could use the computer terminals for that in the event he doesn't decide to use the security system to locate and possibly destroy Ra's.

The point is, though it's somewhat unfamiliar, the Baxter Building's whole type of environment is Lex's territory. He lives, drinks, eats and breathes technology. And business. Lex could put Ra's out of business while he's at it, through the internet.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Robos, I never said that the security system would only use thermal imaging. In the very same post you quoted I said that any tresspassers would also be targeted by the security system. And of course there's also voice recognition, plain old facial referencing and whatnot. Thermal imaging is more of a replacement for fingerprint scanners or something.

Even if you include voice recognition, facial referencing, and such, you're still basing a security system on the idea that everyone who steps into a restricted area is either someone you have a file on or someone the police have a file on.

When the building is constantly swarming with individuals who are not well known members of the super community and possess no criminal records (or, if they are criminals, are likely disguised to avoid being spotted by such searches) you need to decide what you're going to have your system do when it comes across a completely unfamiliar entity. Could be an old lady, could be a peaceful ambassador from an alien nation, could be a pro-baseball player who happens to have an as of yet undetected heart condition. Even if there's only a 1% chance of it being someone frail and easy to kill (and it's much higher than 1%, given the constant tours and the fact that everyone is curious about what goes on in the restricted areas of the building), you need to account for that 1% because a single misstep on the part of the four could ignite a wave of anti-hero sentiment.

As such, I maintain that the Building could only be wielding non-lethal armaments designed specifically for immobilizing without harming in any way.

And again, in reference to another point, I maintain that none of the computers are connected to the building's security systems or actual mainframe but rather operate on their own separate network reserved exclusively for the aspects of the building that are open to the public. Anything else would be moronic.

And yes Lex can build a death ray, but it's only useful if it's more effective than Ra's with a gun. That means that not only is he building a death ray from scratch, but he's somehow managed to tweak it so it's lighter and easier to aim than a gun because the only way Lex wins is if his weapon is not only stronger than a gun, but also able to compensate for his weaknesses as a fight in comparison to Ra's.

Meanwhile, Lex still has to worry about being Ra's sneaking up on him.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Any unauthorized members of the general populace are not going to be able to get into unauthorized areas.

And the voice recognition and stuff is to get in. Obviously anyone who is not on file would be protected when Reed Richards opens the door for them. He can switch it off, too, of course.

Lex is better than Ra's at making technologically controlled doors lock down, too.

And with a deathray, I'm talking about something you hold with both hands. Something with some serious firepower.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Spider-man and Co. broke into the Baxter Building during Maximum Carnage to get the Sonic Gun that Reed has there.

There was a shitton of robots, guns, and laser grids they had to get by. Deadly robots, guns, and laser grids.

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Munkus, you are a wonderful and magical prince.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Spider-man and Co. broke into the Baxter Building during Maximum Carnage to get the Sonic Gun that Reed has there.

There was a shitton of robots, guns, and laser grids they had to get by. Deadly robots, guns, and laser grids.
    Yeah, but that was Maximum Carnage.

Ew.
    Any unauthorized members of the general populace are not going to be able to get into unauthorized areas.

And the voice recognition and stuff is to get in. Obviously anyone who is not on file would be protected when Reed Richards opens the door for them. He can switch it off, too, of course.

Lex is better than Ra's at making technologically controlled doors lock down, too.

And with a deathray, I'm talking about something you hold with both hands. Something with some serious firepower.

Of course there are measures to prevent them from getting in, but there's still the slight possibility that they could get in. Beyond that, there are unfamiliar heroes and aliens who do not merit lethal force (and, with aliens, who even knows what constitutes lethal force?).

Even something like what you described couldn't stop Ra's. For one thing Lex would have to get the drop on Ra's, or else Ra's could just avoid it no matter what it was. Ra's is guaranteed first blood in my opinion, however, just because it's in his skill set. EVEN if Lex somehow gets to see through the security camera, Ra's would know to avoid their gaze.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Any member of the general populace who managed to actually get into an unauthorized area would be detained with minimal force.

If that doesn't hold them, more severe measures would be employed. This is what I have been saying all the time.

You do not know what I am talking about when I say that Lex Luthor will build a deathray. I am talking about Lex Luthor building a big laser gun that will force Ra's to duck for cover at the very least. It is like trying to fight a guy shooting bullets everywhere with a minigun when all you have is a bow and arrow.

Lex could also easily build himself a portable force field generator. I have said this many times. He could also build proximity mines, or hijack the deadly, deadly security system. Or he could reprogram a H.E.R.B.I.E. unit into a killbot. Hell, he could program it as a killbot that spreads its programming to whatever other H.E.R.B.I.E. units it encounters.

The Baxter Building is Lex's playground.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    This may have been covered already, but if they have full access to Reed's toys, why are we having a pages long discussion about security and hacking computers?

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Any member of the general populace who managed to actually get into an unauthorized area would be detained with minimal force.

If that doesn't hold them, more severe measures would be employed. This is what I have been saying all the time.

You do not know what I am talking about when I say that Lex Luthor will build a deathray. I am talking about Lex Luthor building a big laser gun that will force Ra's to duck for cover at the very least. It is like trying to fight a guy shooting bullets everywhere with a minigun when all you have is a bow and arrow.

Lex could also easily build himself a portable force field generator. I have said this many times. He could also build proximity mines, or hijack the deadly, deadly security system. Or he could reprogram a H.E.R.B.I.E. unit into a killbot. Hell, he could program it as a killbot that spreads its programming to whatever other H.E.R.B.I.E. units it encounters.

The Baxter Building is Lex's playground.
    It's not even remotely feasible that he could do all those things while Ra's, a quick and stealthy tracker, pursues him.

Deathrays fire in one direction and leave Lex vulnerable from behind, proximity mines can be spotted by an observant person, and H.E.R.B.I.E isn't the most resilient creation in the world (if Lex can manage to catch one and forcibly reprogram it, then Ra's shouldn't be killed by one).

As for a forcefield, I'm sure Ra's can whip up something toxic in the chem lab (much faster than Lex can invent). Lex would need the forcefield to block off air to protect himself from that kind of attack.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    For Ra's to track Luthor, he must first find Luthor's trail, which might start anywhere in the Baxter Building. Ra's has no more of an idea where Luthor is than the other way around. Even with all of his skills, Ra's has no more chance to find Luthor than Luthor has to find Ra's simply due to the sheer size of the Baxter Building.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    For Ra's to track Luthor, he must first find Luthor's trail, which might start anywhere in the Baxter Building. Ra's has no more of an idea where Luthor is than the other way around. Even with all of his skills, Ra's has no more chance to find Luthor than Luthor has to find Ra's simply due to the sheer size of the Baxter Building.
    Except Ra's probably knows a great deal about Lex, at least after Lex framed Bruce Wayne for murder. With that, and the presence of maps and such (like you said), Ra's will know exactly where Lex is going and easily devise a way to sneak into the area unnoticed. Maybe he'll make a cocktail in the chem lab along the way.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Lex knows a great deal about Ra's, too, and will adjust his strategies in a similar manner.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Lex knows a great deal about Ra's, too, and will adjust his strategies in a similar manner.

It's a lot easier to adjust strategies for facing someone who needs technology to be a threat than it is to plan for someone who's going to sneak up on you.

I'm sure everyone Batman fights expects him to jump out of the shadows and kick their asses, and maybe they even do everything in their power to prevent that from happening, but he still jumps out of the shadows to kick their asses because they don't know where he's coming from or how they're going to be fucked up by him.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ok guys, enough flaming, here's the way it'll go down.

Lex is in a security room, blasting at Ras with lasers. He's happy, because he bolted the door, and this gives him a false sense of security.

BLAM!!!!

Catman breaks through the door, sodomises Lex, and beats Ras to death with a sofa!!

And at the Loki/Synnestro thing-

Loki has made millions of clones, and Synestro is killing them one by one.

BLAM!!!!!!

Doctor Light breaks through the door, sodomises Loki, and beats Synnestro to death with a cobblestone!

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    right right

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006

Thank god somebody remembers actual comic book issues around here. The Baxter building is broken into all the time by both villains and heroes in a rush. I just couldn't think of any actual issues to point to.

Anyway it seems to me that robosagogo is not a very big Fantastic Four fan. Big neon signs that say, "Top Secret Project THIS WAY", death rays just lying on the coffee table - this is what Reed Richards does. He's the absent minded professor! He converts his toaster into an emergency jetpack that also happens to give you tremendous psychic powers, and when he's bored with it he just leaves it lying around.

Reed Richards is the guy you want on your side when you have a specific problem or question. When it comes to planning or common sense, go ask Sue.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Maximum Carnage also showed us that Spider-Man, Iron Fist, and Captain America (among a bunch of losers) would need 14 damn issues just to take down a gang led by Carnage. It was just an over-extended fight designed to counter whatever massive event DC was running.

Why would the Baxter Building attack Spider-Man anyway?

robosagogo on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Maximum Carnage also showed us that Spider-Man, Iron Fist, and Captain America (among a bunch of losers) would need 14 damn issues just to take down a gang led by Carnage. It was just an over-extended fight designed to counter whatever massive event DC was running.

Ringo wrote:
    Reed Richards is the guy you want on your side when you have a specific problem or question. When it comes to planning or common sense, go ask Sue.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    The first time Spider-Man broke in, there weren't any lasers or robots either.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:

Man, Carnage vs Spidey is barely 2 issues.

Spidey, Cap, AND Iron Fist? That's a 3 panel beatdown.

With a splash page of Carnage getting kicked in the balls.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    To be fair, Carnage had such high class villains as Doppelganger, Carrion, Shriek, and Demogoblin on his side.

I got nothing.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Maximum Carnage stoped me from reading Marvel until about a year ago.

Also, the fights in this matchup would make like the best comics ever.

august on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:

That was in the 1960s

Don't you see anything wrong with that?

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

That was in the 1960s

Yeah, there was no such thing as robots or lasers in the 1960's.

Why, Iron Man was just a young whipper snapper with a cast-iron skillet and a mighty swing.

I'll agree if someone can think of an example beyond Maximum Carnage since I imagine the writers thought it'd be too boring if the heroes waltzed in to grab the sonic gun when they could fight for their lives to do so.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

That was in the 1960s

Yeah, there was no such thing as robots or lasers in the 1960's.

Why, Iron Man was just a young whipper snapper with a cast-iron skillet and a mighty swing.

I'll agree if someone can think of an example beyond Maximum Carnage since I imagine the writers thought it'd be too boring if the heroes waltzed in to grab the sonic gun when they could fight for their lives to do so.

Spider-Man snuck in early in the Fantastic Four's career. Not too many horrible enemies and very little need for lasers. Then Spidey breaks in with the greatest of ease, which would obviously make Reed beef up the security.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Didn't those recent Franklin books, the ones that looked like Calvin and Hobbes, show all the misadventures franklin got into messing with Reed's shit that left lying around?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'