• Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    revolve wrote:
    Dublo7 wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    So.

[spoiler:6090e7b5e8]Will Rocky die in this one?[/spoiler:6090e7b5e8]
    Yeah, and then in Rocky 7, the Italian Stallion will go up against Satan himself.

I'm pretty sure that in Rocky 7, the Italian Stallion goes up against Medicaid and Social Security, for cutting his benefits.

Then in Rocky 8, we see a younger Rocky meeting up with an eccentric scientist and inventor named Dr. Emmett Brown. He then goes into the future to fight himself, with the help of his nephew from the year 3000 training him to fight himself in the year 2053, where cyborg technology has kept him alive.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Dominic DragonDominic Dragon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I really want to see this movie. I've always liked the stories where an old and retired champion comes out of retirement, even though they're really, really old, like in The Dark Knight Returns. I wish more movies and games would have stories like these because they fascinate me for some reason.
    Fixed and I agree.
    I had this crazy idea when I read DKR. I want to see them make a movie about it (in the vein of Sin City) only Clint Eastwood plays Bruce Wayne. I know I'm nuts but I like that idea.
    Actually Bruce Willis's part in Sin City really reminded me of DKR, and he did a really good job. If a DKR movie was made, I would either want Bruce Willis, or Michael Keaton to be Batman. Also, Sin City was pretty cheap to make right? If that's the case, why not let Frank Miller make a Batman movie? I loved how Sin City looked, and I know a DKR film would be much much cheaper, than Begins, Superman Returns, and most likely cheaper than the Dark Knight. I guess they can't have two Batman films compete against each other though.

Dominic Dragon on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pretty much the only movie coming out over the holidays I'm excited about.

I think I've convinced one of my friends to dress up with me for the premier in bath robes, shorts, wife beaters, knee high socks and boxing gloves.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

I think I've convinced one of my friends to dress up with me for the premier in bath robes, shorts, wife beaters, knee high socks and boxing gloves.

You get an A+ at America.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    mcdermott wrote:

You get an A+ at America.
    Does that mean I don't have to take history next semester?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDog85BlackDog85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The trailer...looks good. Color me surprised, but now I want to see this.

And anyone talking bad about Mel Brooks will be shot on sight. I don't care if the rest of his films after Young Frankenstein were just two hours of people shitting all over the American flag, nobody who makes The Producers, Blazing Saddles, and Young Frankenstein can ever be bad.

Not to mention the musical rendition of the Spanish Inquisition.

BlackDog85 on
    KeithBeKnives.png
    Wii Code: 5700 4466 3616 6981 (PM if y'all add me)
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    I really want to see this movie. I've always liked the stories where an old and retired champion comes out of retirement, even though they're really, really old, like in The Dark Knight Returns. I wish more movies and games would have stories like these because they fascinate me for some reason.
    Fixed and I agree.
    I had this crazy idea when I read DKR. I want to see them make a movie about it (in the vein of Sin City) only Clint Eastwood plays Bruce Wayne. I know I'm nuts but I like that idea.
    Actually Bruce Willis's part in Sin City really reminded me of DKR, and he did a really good job. If a DKR movie was made, I would either want Bruce Willis, or Michael Keaton to be Batman. Also, Sin City was pretty cheap to make right? If that's the case, why not let Frank Miller make a Batman movie? I loved how Sin City looked, and I know a DKR film would be much much cheaper, than Begins, Superman Returns, and most likely cheaper than the Dark Knight. I guess they can't have two Batman films compete against each other though.

Two James Bond movies came out against each other, and both did well. But then again, it also helped that the other movie was able to made due a loophole in the book rights.. I don't think such a loophole would exist for Batman.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    7. Question: At the end of Rocky III you and Apollo fought as a "favor" to Apollo for helping you pummel Clubber Lang. I gotta know…who won Rocky vs. Apollo III?

The Albino Mack 
West Des Moines, IA

In ROCKY III I freeze the frame as both men are throwing their power shots. Rocky is left handed, Apollo is right handed. Since I am the shorter of the two, my punches will travel shorter distance. Apollo is looping his right hand so Rocky lands first and thirty seconds later, Apollo’s attorney shows up and sues Rocky for assault.

I'm reading the interviews over, and i've got to say, i'm liking sylvester stallone more and more. He's really funny actually.

Wasn't there talk of another Rambo at one point aswell? :shock:

Johannen on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Johannen wrote:
    Wasn't there talk of another Rambo at one point aswell? :shock:

Impossible now. Rambo fought the Russians with the Taliban.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    He's making Rambo IV. This is a fact.

How you feel about it depends on how much you liked Rambo I guess.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It's fine, but Rambo needs to be in Gitmo or something.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Rocky XI: The Old Man Fights Back

Rambo VIII: I'll cry when i'm done killing!!

One is set on a distant planet, hopefully far far away, and the other is set in an old peoples home, where rambo covertly takes out an entire sitting of O.A.P's (that's what i call a group of O.A.P's).

Johannen on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i really dont think rocky is gonna make it out of this one alive

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    The trailer is actually really good I think. It seems that they are approaching this realistically, but at the same time nostalgically.

I never thought id' say it, but I think we are ready for one last Rocky

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Rocky 7-Rocky conquers the Martians.

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2006
    If I had to do it all over again, I would’ve hired Bill Conti, married Ivan Drago and punched out Brigitte Nielsen.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tube on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kick this thread back up top. I just got back from Rocky Balboa and it was so god damn fucking awesome that I swear I almost shit myself. It's everything that a good Rocky movie should be.

I teared up a little.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I wasn't interested until I heard the Rocky theme on NPR and was suddenly struck with an irresistible bout of air-boxing with a healthy dose of can-do American spirit. I am definitely going to see this.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    let the spoilered discussion begin?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    dlinfiniti wrote:
    Be sure to use spoiler tags. I probably won't get a chance to see it before next week.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    dlinfiniti wrote:
    Be sure to use spoiler tags. I probably won't get a chance to see it before next week.
    i still havent seen it so i can still make naked baseless speculations such as "rocky turns out to be a woman all along" and stuff

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ivan%20Drago.jpg

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Ivan Drago wrote:
    I must break you.

[realspoiler:609596f917]The only thing that I really didn't like about the movie was when Dixon broke his hand.[/realspoiler:609596f917]

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    chickenmaniachickenmania Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Just got back from watching it and I liked it. Very good film. Stallone was terrific and the writing and direction was very, very good. There were only a few things I didn't dig, the biggest one being the guy they cast as Rocky's son. He's a Gilmore Girl alum, so I suspected his acting would be a bit lackluster, but still. Anyway, it was a nice ending to the Rocky story.

chickenmania on
    Nerds.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Just got back from watching it and I liked it. Very good film. Stallone was terrific and the writing and direction was very, very good. There were only a few things I didn't dig, the biggest one being the guy they cast as Rocky's son. He's a Gilmore Girl alum, so I suspected his acting would be a bit lackluster, but still. Anyway, it was a nice ending to the Rocky story.

He's also a HERO. Anyway I think they did it because he has the same lip problem as Stallone. Makes sense to me.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    YodaTuna wrote:
    Ivan Drago wrote:
    I must break you.

[realspoiler:8df869da75]The only thing that I really didn't like about the movie was when Dixon broke his hand.[/realspoiler:8df869da75]

it was really the only way that the fights outcome could be in anyway realistic.

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    That was a great movie. A much better way to end the series than V. I'm buying the 6 disc set when it finally comes out and throwing away V.

rockypic.jpg

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got mad hate by fellow co-workers today when I said I didn't like it. Go-go, dissenting opinion.

Gim on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    I got mad hate by fellow co-workers today when I said I didn't like it. Go-go, dissenting opinion.
    If this movie turns out to rock, I'm going to break your hands for making me doubt seeing it on opening day, you whore.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    If this movie turns out to rock, I'm going to break your hands for making me doubt seeing it on opening day, you whore.
    I'll just say that I was largely bored until the actual fighting, which was at the end of the movie and seemed to end a tad abruptly. But everyone else seemed to love it, so hate away. Strike me down with all your power.

Gim on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    I'll just say that I was largely bored until the actual fighting, which was at the end of the movie and seemed to end a tad abruptly. But everyone else seemed to love it, so hate away. Strike me down with all your power.
    Fool! If I do that, you'll become more powerful than I can possibly imagine!

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Gim wrote:
    Fool! If I do that, you'll become more powerful than I can possibly imagine!

Itsa trap?

Itsa trap.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    KMGorKMGor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I saw it and enjoyed it. Not a great film, but solid. Stallone is quite good in it, as is just about everyone except for the guy who plays his son - he varies from mediocre to bad.

Some spoiler comments..

[spoiler:110d45618c]The training montage was good, but I think it should have been longer. I guess it is impossible to top the montage in part 4.

I would have liked more background and time with Mason.

Rocky doesn't die, but there are several allusions to the possibility in the film. I expected him to at least get injured, but Rocky's face is like rock, so Mason is the only one who gets an injury.

I think killing off Adrian was kind of cruel. Not much of a spoiler since you find out right away. I guess a big part of the reason they did that was because it would have been hard to make the story work otherwise, but still.

The style of the ending fight is a bit too hectic after the first few rounds. Still, it is extremely well-shot and superbly choreographed. They do a great job of making you really feel the blows.

[/spoiler:110d45618c]

On a side note, Stallone is 10 years younger now than Burgess Meredith was when the original Rocky was made.

And yeah, he's actually a very good writer when he wants to be. I mean, he wrote Cobra AND the original Rocky. If that doesn't make you a great writer, I don't know what does.

KMGor on
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    The movie sucked horribly until

[spoiler:e2c071cb2a]the part where he finally stops being a loser and starts training[/spoiler:e2c071cb2a]

After that it was decent. I might even say I enjoyed

[spoiler:e2c071cb2a]the final fight[/spoiler:e2c071cb2a]

but that might be because of the music.

ege02 on
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Saw it the other day, was quite impressed, definitely not the greatest movie ever, but infinitely better than Rocky V, so that's a win in my book.

[spoiler:e6d688d15d] Was anyone else disappointed by the lack of some Eye of The Tiger? I really was expecting them to whip it out, seeing as it's probably the most widely known Rocky tune, other than the theme. [/spoiler:e6d688d15d]

Sceptre on
  • Options
    AnimeleeAnimelee Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    During the last week, I watched all the Rocky movies for the first time, and saw Rocky VI earlier today.

I'm just gonna say that the first three movies were flawless, and I loved all of them.

IV was okay too, but that damn robot kind of ruined it for me, and took away from the realism. Okay, I know there's most likely no way someone could punch with the strength of over 2000 pounds per square inch (was it that?), but that damn robot looks like it was stuck in there by movie executives in order to get the interest of younger kids, as well as sell toys, or something. But the rest of the movie was just awesome.

Rocky V was okay too. I didn't like how he lost everything, though. He worked his ass off, and then everything was lost in a flash. No justice for against the accountant at the end, nothing. And although that street fight with Gunn at the end was satisfying, it was just cheesy with the crowd and everything like that. Not to mention Rocky's brain condition and all. It wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it was pretty unsatisfying all around.

Rocky VI was just awesome, and if I could, I would delete the robot from IV, delete V all together, and have Balboa come after IV. Rocky Balboa definitely fits in with the first three movies, definitely. Just perfect. I'm satisfied, but I want more Rocky... I'm sure Stallone will make another one in ten years, I'm sure of it... Well, I'm hoping.

Animelee on
    universeah3.jpg
    Pokeymanz: 4081 1995 6825 (If you add me, let me know! :D)
  • Options
    vrempirevrempire Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wow! there are quite a number of good review on Rocky Balboa.
    I still trying to figure out how Sylvester will play this part in his late 50.
    do they use CGI in this film? hope his body still fit enough.
    All the best to Stallone in his career.

vrempire on
    vrembanner.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    vrempire wrote:

No CGI, all stallone.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    vrempire wrote:
    It's 100% Stallone. The guy's a fucking machine.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Dublo7 wrote:
    vrempire wrote:
    It's 100% Stallone. The guy's a fucking machine.

It's pretty evident how much work he put into training his body for the movie. He's still built like a tank.

Sceptre on