As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E] Sins of the Past (Game Thread)

1252627282931»

• Omega2112Omega2112 GW2 AKA: Robocow, Veristia Reaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Vengar replies, "We ought to capture him, and then make him talk."

Omega2112 on
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    cytorak, RE: latest rules updates and avenger nerfs; what I want to do, basically, is retrain leather proficiency and drop the leather battle harness for a cloth one. Does that sound OK?
    That is fine by me.

cytorak on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    cytorak wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    cytorak, RE: latest rules updates and avenger nerfs; what I want to do, basically, is retrain leather proficiency and drop the leather battle harness for a cloth one. Does that sound OK?
    That is fine by me.
    OK, I went with Mêlée Training (Wisdom) so I can benefit more from the Warlord and charges etc.
    So tempted by Demonbane and/or Devilbane though...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • stormwindstormwind Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "Then, we put him to the sword." Reed says firmly.

stormwind on
  • DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    "Fine, fine. His head on a pike or whatever.

Can we get out of this cave now?"

After digging out the extra set of clothes from her pack Chaffie moves to the mouth of the cave to see if she can spot the tracks of the man everyone was calling The Dog.

Dajian on
    edited December 2009
    "Yes, let's do get on; the more time we spend explaining things the greater the lead we have to make up."
    Rargh. Christmas forum shenanigans deleted all my subscriptions from the last year.
    Aid Another Diplomacy check: 1d20+5 10 ...or not...

Mr_Rose on
    edited December 2009
    Sorry guys. Been stupid busy with multiple Christmas road trips and being-a-groomsman-in-a-wedding stuff.

cytorak on
    edited December 2009
    cytorak wrote: »
    Sorry guys. Been stupid busy with multiple Christmas road trips and being-a-groomsman-in-a-wedding stuff.

That's ok. Weddings and Christmas are serious business :)

Omega2112 on
    edited December 2009
    Reed defers to his fellows, recognizing his horrible aptitude at tracking.

stormwind on
    edited January 2010
    Sorry for the bump:

Could everyone please make sure they are subscribed to this thread properly The Christmas Forum has deleted a lot of subscriptions.

Cytorak, do we need to roll diplomacy to get the eladrin to go along with the "chaffie==dead" plan?

Mr_Rose on
    edited January 2010
    Life's been crazy busy for the past two weeks, so I hope to update moreso tonight or tomorrow.

Yes, Diplomacy would be the option to convince the half-elves to go along with that plan.

Are you guys going to start tracking the satyrs or wait in the cave with an ambush when/if they come back to check on Chaffie?

cytorak on
  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, honestly not sure which one we seem to be favoring. I'll go ahead and lay the groundwork for Chaffie-dead ruse, though. Also Georgh: you will get so many basic attacks hooray!

Raad turns the half-elven villagers. "We have a, er, plan, of sorts, that may work..."

That sounded convincing.
    Diplomacy: 1d20+9=14 Wheeee!

Saurfang on
    edited January 2010
    Crystle and Jylesia look at one another, not entirely convinced by your words or plan. "We are grateful for you saving our lives," Crystle replies, "but I don't want to put my family in any more danger. I need to give our children proper burials and return to the village as soon as possible." He nearly chokes on the word children, but he manages to finish his sentence.

Outside the cave, you notice the lack of animal sounds continues outward from where you are, but you can't hear any footsteps or movement.

cytorak on
    edited January 2010
    "Crystle...Jylesia...I am sorry for your loss," Vengar begins, "But you're already in danger anyway. If we can fake Chaffie and your deaths, then those satyrs won't hunt you down. If they find out you still live, they'll assume you already told us of their presence and probably kill you two out of spite. With them believing that we don't know of their involvement, it will be much easier for us to track them down and deal with them. And with them out of the picture, it will be easier for us to chase down this...Dog and figure out how he is involved with the Gelid."
    Diplomacy Check: 1d20+11 29

Omega2112 on
    edited January 2010
    "And I swear to Avandra, my blade, and my life that we will keep you safe." Reed says, and his cherubic features glint like steel.
    Just realized Vengar did better on his roll than I possibly could, but what the hell. 28! Natural 20 to start the year!

stormwind on
    edited January 2010
    Crystle and Jylesia confer in private for a moment. "You are right, friends. We will help you how we can. What would you have of us?"
    Again, apologies for the slowness of the game. RL stuff has been piling up since the holidays started, and I'm slowly digging myself out.

cytorak on
  • SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    No worries!

Edit: Just wanted to let you guys know that I'll be out of town until Sunday night.

Saurfang on
    edited January 2010
    Vengar's going to explain the tracking the satyr's plan. Band of thugs + undefended village = potential bad shit happening.
    Glancing over the found bag of gold, Vengar replies, "Considering they left behind that much gold, we probably shouldn't stay around here for too long. We ought to hide you in the village with any close friends of yours, where a satyr scout can't easily spot you. With Godfrey's body at the temple, we could include you and Chaffie in the memorial service so that in the event that there happens to be traitor within the village, they'll believe that you're deceased, with the exception of those close friends."

"Also Crystle....Parisc mentioned that you were a scholar of ancient texts...would you mind if we quickly stopped by your house on the way back?"

Omega2112 on
    edited January 2010
    The former prisoners collect their belongings and wait for your lead in leaving the cave.

Crystle nods and replies, "Yes, we can. What interest do you have in my work?" His mood seems to brighten a bit at the mention of his trade.

cytorak on
    edited January 2010
    Recalling the contents of the journal, Vengar replies, "Did any of your work discuss a man named Daltheus Kalare? He was the first of an organization, the Wardens of the Vigilant Frost, which was founded hundreds of year ago to keep a being known as the Gelid imprisoned. That is the...abomination which was responsible for what happened to your village, and is attempting to bring ruin to our world."

Omega2112 on