As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BLITZ ON] MEN OF WAR - Assault Squad is Out (NSF56k or Shermans)

1234568»

• Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Outstanding. I will buy this game as soon as feasible!

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, you can fire a high-velocity armor piercing round through something like a halftrack -- but if the round doesn't actually hit anything important (like an engine) then the halftrack will keep going. I was watching a video earlier where the high velocity round just shot through a halftrack killing a couple German infantry inside but the thing kept on going.

Melkster on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Also .50 cal machine guns are the best thing. The American quad .50 will eat light vehicles alive. Even some light tanks.

Can't remember if that's actually in the base game or a mod, but goddamn was it fun. Speaking of mods, I wonder if that Battletech mod is coming along, or if it was just a silly demo that no one intended to finish.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    edit:

The Maxon quad 50 cal is indeed in Men of War: Assault Squad, at the very least. It ate some of my vehicles alive. =(

Melkster on
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Are there any PA'ers who still play this? I just got into it at my brother's recommendation and it is pretty rad

The best part is when the little guys shoot the other guys

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I still play it! I mean I barely play games anymore because I don't have time, but this is one of my top games of all time. I doubt I'll stop playing until the world ends or a new Men of War game comes out.

• Options
    pedro0930pedro0930 Registered User regular
    Quite a nerco, but pre-order for Assault Squad 2 is up on Steam at:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/244450/?snr=1_4_4__105_1

New interface
    New voice acting
    New art assets
    Seasonal uniform/camo for everything
    More maps
    Dedicated server through Steam?
    Record video in game (replays?)
    Information about any new gameplay change is pretty sparse though (apparently there's unit unlock with experience and level up now)

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    As a big fan of tactical rts games, I have to ask - MoW AS2 - thoughts? GMG has it at 21$ for a pre-order deal, and though I trying not to spend money on games...that is really tempting.

I think hosting games via Steam will be a big improvement over the original. I dunno, I could see it getting a decent sized following and the MP being alot of fun. For 20 bucks I might just take a gamble.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    @Trask and I played the beta last night. Its a lot of fun.

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    So the game was supposed to be released on March 20. That got bumped back to April 20. Yesterday, instead of going live, they "released" the game as an Early Access. WTF.

Sure we were gifted with 8 more skirmish maps for a total of 15 but most are basically copies of previous versions.

During beta, we had 4 skirmish maps:

Hurtegen Forest (US tutorial map)
    Bastogne (US stealth map)
    ??? (German stealth map)
    Seelow (German defense)

Now we have a bunch more (15), but the 3-4 i played last night were just logical copies of previous maps.

The Philippines and Kursk are just copies of Seelow. The objectives are exactly the same, the enemy AI acts nearly exactly the same, etc... The only difference is map is slightly different to reflect different terrain. Oh, and as a kicker, @Trask and I have never been able to finish Seelow or any of it's copies because of a memory leak that causes one of us to crash.

The new map Balavla is basicaly a German version of Hurtegen. At least the map is significantly different.

A new Soviet map (forget the name) is nearly an exact copy of Bastogne. Disable the MG nests, kill the snipers, disable the 3 tanks, kill the convoy, and escape. Sure the map is slightly different, but the logic is identical.

Needless to say I'm disappointed. This game has so much potential but I feel that its map content is greatly lacking. I'd love if the community were able to do more, but the GEM editor is so odd to use and tutorials on game type (skirmish, etc...) logic is unavailble so it's impossible to create your own missions.

Meh.

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png