As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HOSPITAL WINS! [House Phalla]

• Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Lady Eri.

No harm in this vote -- if she is not diseased and is foreman, she's going to be targeted and needs a guard regardless of the yellow vote.

The reason for the yellow vote is she may not be targetted, as the diseased will expect her to be guarded and won't waste their diseaseing.

!Gosling, as Lady Eri may be confirmed as the vigilante tonight. Killing her tonight is dumb.

Serpent on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    RNG'ed the yellow vote and it looks like I'm testing Orange Soda for high fructose corn syrup. Diagnosis: yummy!

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I don't feel like spending three, four days chasing Eri around. When she's sane she's on her game. An Epic Reveal two hours into the game because you got a little bit of Day 1 joking-around pressure on you? Is not sane.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Nion wrote: »
    *snip*
    Swine Flu obviously needs to be cured.

Please.

H1N1.

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    !Swine Flu seems as good as any.

If you ignore the part where she did it in response to the yellow votes, Eri's logic makes sense to me. It's as if she revealed after vote close but before results and announced her target, except she gets to build a network early. (Assuming the guard and seer are on their toes). This in turn lets us get one more person who's less likely to be a disease (yellow voted).

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Don't worry guys

*snaps latex gloves on*

My name is Doxa. I am an EMT. I'm here to help you.

I can handle this.

Partner hold their head in line. We're going to pump their stomach. We're going to pump it until we pump that damned infection out of them.

Doxa on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Lady Eri is acting suspicious. It ain't no thang if she proves herself to be Foreman, but we test her anyway. Didn't that disease from Outbreak make people act suspicious?

HamHamJ has got to be "cured."

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    definitely !vote Lady Eri

I am going with !Doxa may change later

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Doxa wrote: »
    Don't worry guys

*snaps latex gloves on*

I can handle this.

Partner hold their head in line. We're going to pump their stomach. We're going to pump it until we pump that damned infection out of them.

I'm right there with you.

*puts on hazmat suit just to be safe*

All right it looks like the patient we're going to be testing today is Lady Er-FUCK THAT SHIT!

*runs out of room*

Really, though, I'm okay with the yellow vote on her because no matter how many times she explains things, her logic and actions still don't make complete sense to me. If what she is saying is true, a yellow vote won't hurt her at all as she already is going to need a guard. If what she is saying isn't true, we need to know.

I also don't quite understand the red vote on HamHam. He hasn't said anything I've disagreed with. I realize it's just a Day 1 bandwagon, so there doesn't need to be much logic behind it. However, I'm of the opinion that we should bandwagon an inactive player instead. They tend to be the least useful or trying to hide anyway.

*keeps on hazmat suit because he still doesn't trust anyone yet*

*pops more pills*

Nocturne on
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Lady Eri is acting suspicious. It ain't no thang if she proves herself to be Foreman, but we test her anyway. Didn't that disease from Outbreak make people act suspicious?

Was Outbreak the one with the monkeys?

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Yes, and kewl 'copter chase scenes.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So I seem to be leading the vote by a lot. Does someone have a vote count?

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    HamHamJ wrote: »

HamHamJ - A lot
    everyone else - Not a lot

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

HamHamJ - A lot
    everyone else - Not a lot

I think your padding those stats.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Malkor wrote: »

Yes, and kewl 'copter chase scenes.

And Dustin Hoffman.

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Has anyone made a spreadsheet yet? I could try, but I've never done one before.

It would just be 3 columns, right? Name, Day 1 Red Vote, Day 1 Yellow Vote?

EDIT: I forgot to add sarcasm. Insert sarcastic remark here.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Terrendos wrote: »

You probably will want an extra column for both Red and Yellow Counts for each player.

Actually, I think I may spreadsheet this one too. It's been a while since I've kept track of votes...

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Terrendos wrote: »

if you are useful enough, they will never suspect anything!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, I don't think I'm going to do this. I'll start spreadsheeting on a more straightforward Phalla with fewer players.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, it seems I don't have much choice at this point:

EPIC REVEAL

I am Dr. James Wilson and I am a guard.

So if there are any other guards, they should guard me, and I'll guard Lady Eri.

Or the village can kill me and lose two special in the first day. Your choice.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh wouldn't THAT be hilarious :)

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    What a fantastic coincidence.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    people sure do love revealing don't they............................

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well this should be an interesting Phalla.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    *facepalms*

This was the other reason I called Eri's move dumb and panicky. Now there is no guarantee she will be guarded. Unless one or both of them are lying, we've lost a guard Day 1 and a Vig Day 2.

Awesome way to play the numbers game, Eri. Top shelf. :|

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If someone reveals to be a bottle of Vicodin I will totally lose it.

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    lets just move the bandwagon around until we find someone that tries to save themself by revealing as a badguy, seems like thats how this game is gonna go...

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    lets just move the bandwagon around until we find someone that tries to save themself by revealing as a badguy, seems like thats how this game is gonna go...

This is why we should all vote Raakam. Ride my hate to victory!

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If someone reveals to be a bottle of Vicodin I will totally lose it.
    How did you know my role!?

Also, I have finished spreadsheeting. B:L is a horrible player and can't make up his mind. That is all.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    God that's horrible. We really can't be that shitty about picking people.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

EPIC REVEAL

So if there are any other guards, they should guard me, and I'll guard Lady Eri.

If true, yes. The second guard (if existing, but plausible) should guard HamHamJ. I'd recommend the Seer confirms identity.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Doxa wrote: »
    Don't worry guys

*snaps latex gloves on*

I can handle this.

I'm right there with you.

*puts on hazmat suit just to be safe*

All right it looks like the patient we're going to be testing today is Lady Er-FUCK THAT SHIT!

*runs out of room*

*keeps on hazmat suit because he still doesn't trust anyone yet*

*pops more pills*

*puts on surgical mask for looks*

No hazmat suit will help you here. Only God can

*holds up dead puppy's paw to forehead and mumbles jibberish*

Just look at these people. Infected. I pity the fools. They don't know what's coming.

I need 30 bottles of nitro, a couple barrels of charcoal and a couple of ammo belt of epi-pens. STAT!

This is war

WHO'S WITH ME?

We're going to disinfect those infecteds like a baby in a meat grinder! We're going to make them choke like a fish in boiling oil. WARGUWAGUWAGGGG!

*administers RNG via dead puppy's paw*

!Zandracon

my dead puppy paw swings toward you like a child, the purest of innocence, hanging off an oak tree

I am that oak tree

and you are the corpse hidden beneath me to rot until you are all but a patch of dirt.

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    !zandracon

mumble grumble can't edit vote post mumble grumble

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Houn wrote: »

EPIC REVEAL

If true, yes. The second guard (if existing, but plausible) should guard HamHamJ. I'd recommend the Seer confirms identity.

I'm doubting a second complete guard, but maybe we'll have a bus-driver or something else similar enough to help. Of course, that would screw up seerings, but whatever.

See, the thing is, the specials are known. We know the characters in House. If a baddie tries to impersonate someone, they aren't going to pick Foreman or Wilson, because the real Foreman/Wilson will just rise up and counter their claim, and then we know a baddie.

For that reason I believe both Eri and HamHam, even though I still think Eri's reasoning was stupid. So I'll move my yellow vote to Law, since he's in second.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    !Doxa. Too much RP.
    <3
    You're still getting treated.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm more in favor of Corbius for that vote

Doxa on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Alright, the only way to get through this mess is for everyone to honestly reveal themselves in the thread right now, on Day 1. Bad guys, you go first.

Suppose we might as well test Lady Eri, but I don't know who to, uhm... wait, what's the other thing we're doing? Murdering someone? I don't watch the show very often, is this canonical in the House universe?

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If Wilson is a Guard, I can see Cuddy also being a Guard, as both attempt to have a moderating influence on House's more extreme "diagnostic techniques". Assuming Cuddy is a player in this game, but it would make sense.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If JK was in this he would be getting grudged so hard for the Star Wars Phalla.

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Alright, the only way to get through this mess is for everyone to honestly reveal themselves in the thread right now, on Day 1. Bad guys, you go first.

Suppose we might as well test Lady Eri, but I don't know who to, uhm... wait, what's the other thing we're doing? Murdering someone? I don't watch the show very often, is this canonical in the House universe?
    We're not trying to kill people...
    OP wrote:
    Each night you must vote for one person to be treated with dangerous amounts of medicine. This will either cure them or kill them (removing them from the game either way). Vote in !Red.

Although this will result in more deaths probably than the show is used to, but oh well! 'tis Phalla after all!

Houn, I would see Cuddy as more of a role-block.

kime on
    Steam profile