As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Day 6 -- Blink: Trinity

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    No angel kills? Wow, impressive.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    All PMs are out.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    WhodWhod Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wewt, no kills! Except Jayson.. sorry Jayson.

P.s. I watched Rainfall and didn't blink, again! I'm on a roll!

Whod on
    Co-lead, Hello Kitty Pretty Princess Guild
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I watched Prof Moriarty, and blinked, so he may not be an Angel. Otoh, they could have withheld their kills in order to set this up. Regardless, I've got no information with which to make a vote at this point in time.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I watched Kime and didn't blink...

Kime is gonna Die! based on circumstantial evidence

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Whod wrote: »
    Wewt, no kills! Except Jayson.. sorry Jayson.

P.s. I watched Rainfall and didn't blink, again! I'm on a roll!

I did the same thing

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I watched Oats and did not blink. Hmmmmmmm.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Kime and Oats are both suspect at the moment. Kime more so.

I'm willing to bet that one of those missed kills was due to someone forgetting to send orders in. the other 2 (and i'm assuming 3 baddies) were probably blocked.

Kime today Oats tomorrow.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I did the same as Wildcat, so booya! Kime.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    No more bandwagons! I'm still ashamed of the JaysonFour affair. !Oats

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    For what its worth, I watched Whod last night and didn't blink. Making it two nights in a row.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    It seems fairly clear to me that our system is not very useful. We're just stabbing eachother in the dark.

Has there even been one special kill so far? I guess it could just be that special kills are not announced.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    moriarty, the network has declared that kime must die. he is the most suspicious person in this thread so far being extremely active despite there not being much to do. there is a reason i was watching him last night.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I agree that kime is acting suspicious, but there was more than one kill missing and kime is always acting suspicious.

Hell, has anyone watched Dunadan yet?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I agree that kime is acting suspicious, but there was more than one kill missing and kime is always acting suspicious.

Kime, probably some others. Are you saying i'm suspicious? i revealed on day 1....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Kime, probably some others. Are you saying i'm suspicious? i revealed on day 1....

There's nothing especially suspicious about you, Duna. I'm just saying that maybe we're taking too much at face value. Besides, if Kime *were* a weeping angel, how could we trust his watching you anyway?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Which brings me to a paranoid question, actually.

Can Weeping Angels watch other players, or just kill them?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I'm calling it now, he won't answer this. :P

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i doubt that they would be able to watch the same way we can. what purpose would it serve when they could just lie anyway?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I'm calling it now, he won't answer this. :P

Yeah, it's kind of a desperate grab for information, but I'm feeling pretty lost here.

Hell, they might not even need to watch someone.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    i doubt that they would be able to watch the same way we can. what purpose would it serve when they could just lie anyway?

That depends on how much information they start with, which is currently an unknown unless there's something I missed.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

That depends on how much information they start with, which is currently an unknown unless there's something I missed.
    Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.

You Are An Explorer. Each night, you may PM me the name of one player to watch. If that player is a Weeping Angel, they will be unable to make a kill.

There is a 55% chance that you will blink, and that your target will therefore be unwatched.
    !Sign up

Question: Will we be notified if we blinked?

Yes you will.

what more information is needed....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.

You Are An Explorer. Each night, you may PM me the name of one player to watch. If that player is a Weeping Angel, they will be unable to make a kill.

There is a 55% chance that you will blink, and that your target will therefore be unwatched.
    !Sign up

Question: Will we be notified if we blinked?

Yes you will.

what more information is needed....

I'm interested in finding out if the Weeping Angels already know who the others are or not.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    generally it is a good assumption to assume that the mafia are masoned. especially in a game where all the mafia have a kill ability that could potentially target each other.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Fair enough. I guess I'm kind of naively going against the spirit of phalla by seeking clarification, but yes, in the meantime we should assume the worst.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    and by the worst, I mean everyone is a cylon

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    generally it is a good assumption to assume that the mafia are masoned. especially in a game where all the mafia have a kill ability that could potentially target each other.

Which gives me an idea for tomorrow. :P

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Even if you take the assumption that they aren't masoned, and that they can kill each other, they still shouldn't be watching anyone if they have any sense. Watching does not protect yourself, it only prevents their kill from going through. So if you are an Angel, and you successfully watch an Angel... congratulations, you just had a 10% chance of saving your life, and a 90% chance of screwing the other Angel over. (Only considering yourself and the other Angel, of course, no third-party Angels. There the situation still stands, just not quite as extreme so I don't like it as much :P.)

Anyways, before we bandwagon me, how about we check the people who were blinked at Day 1, and watched Days 2 and 3. Because we know both of those days were missing kills.

And I'm lazy, so does someone else wanna do it? Or should I go back... :(?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Kime, you're evil.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Kime, you're evil.
    Silly, I've been telling you that for days now :P. But I'd rather not get bandwagoned and whatnot :(.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Kime, you're evil.
    Silly, I've been telling you that for days now :P. But I'd rather not get bandwagoned and whatnot :(.

oh! well, since you have been admitting to being evil, you are obviously not! it was a good plan Kime :P

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Ah Jesus Christ this is the most confusing Phalla I've ever participated in, and it's only partially because I'm not paying enough attention!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Kime, you're evil.

oh! well, since you have been admitting to being evil, you are obviously not! it was a good plan Kime :P

Noooooo!

Also, you guys do know that if you vote me out, I cannot be evil, right? I mean... It's scientifically proven.

Anyways, I guess I'll sift through the evidence and try to find another likely suspect since it seems I'm a favorite choice at the moment :P.

Prof, confusion happens. Don't fight it, embrace it!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kime, you're evil.

Noooooo!

Also, you guys do know that if you vote me out, I cannot be evil, right? I mean... It's scientifically proven.

Anyways, I guess I'll sift through the evidence and try to find another likely suspect since it seems I'm a favorite choice at the moment :P.

Prof, confusion happens. Don't fight it, embrace it!

I'll save you some of the trouble. I've been successfully watched for two days now, and was blinked at Day 1. I'm apparently the runner-up on the suspicio-meter.

However, and this is getting irksome, Whod has been successfully watched for the past two nights. No one else seems to recognize this.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Oats wrote: »
    I'll save you some of the trouble. I've been successfully watched for two days now, and was blinked at Day 1. I'm apparently the runner-up on the suspicio-meter.

However, and this is getting irksome, Whod has been successfully watched for the past two nights. No one else seems to recognize this.
    I just compiled all the info that has been given. Gimme a second to format and post.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    How do we know who really watched who and who is lying anyway?

If, for example, I were a Weeping Angel, wouldn't it be in my favor to say I watched, for example, kime for the last two days?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Prof -- Yeah. But we just have to live with that :P. Or I dunno, but gimme a minute to finish this then I'll think on that.

Edit -- This would be a lot easier to find patterns if you didn't all watch the same people. Come on, I'm only so suspicious, there has to be others!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So, I'm assuming no vig kills. Sorry, but we don't have enough info otherwise.

There were 3 Angel kills the first night, 2 the second, and 0 the third. We're going to assume overlapping kills and guards did not play into that change, since we can't predict those so it's useless to work with them. That means an extra Angel was watched Night 2 compared to Night 1, and two extra Angels were watched Night 3 compared to Night 2. (Looking at the discrepancy between Nights 2 and 3 is thus more likely to yield results than between Nights 1 and 2.)

ProfMoriarity was watched Nights 2 and 3, possibly accounting for the lack of kills.

kime was watched Nights 2 and 3, possibly accounting for the lack of kills.

Whod was watched Nights 2 and 3, possibly accounting for the lack of kills.

Oats was watched Nights 2 and 3, possibly accounting for the lack of kills.

Rainfall was watched Night 3, but not on Night 2, possibly accounting for the lack of kills.

I didn't include whether dead people were watched or not. But those are all the results we have. Really, people? 10 targets, and we are only watching half of them?

I don't have today's results from Nocturne or ProfMoriarity. I don't have yesterday's result from Rainfall.

However, given what we know, I'm going to vote Rainfall. The evidence points to her most strongly, then Oats, me, and Whod equally. I don't know if I expect that to save me, since I have a tendency for garnering votes :P, but if you are just looking at the evidence then it should...

Questions/comments/concerns?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I say we start with Kime, since he is the most likely to be evil. if he's good we can then think about his reasoning knowing that it came from someone good and not an evil guy trying to avoid the vote.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I say we start with Kime, since he is the most likely to be evil. if he's good we can then think about his reasoning knowing that it came from someone good and not an evil guy trying to avoid the vote.
    Ummm...

You realize you just looked at my logic and reasoning and said "nuh uh you're bad!", right :P?

Not that I'm denying being eviiiil (but remember, the village has never voted me out to their benefit), but can you at least refute my logic? Like, it should all be objective conclusions based on the facts that are made public. Can you point out anything that is not an objective fact?

kime on
    Steam profile