As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Computer program for customizing trucks?

GrimmGrimm Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Im planning on buying a pickup truck within the next few weeks. Looking around online, i've found a few things i would like to add to the truck. Lights, nerf bars, etc. Im wonder if anyone has anyone ever heard of a progam that allows you to see what the truck will look like after im done. Something like in The Fast and the Furious when they are designing Paul Walker's new car.

Grimm on

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I know some people have used Photoshop to try out designs for custom cars, but I think you'd really need to know what you were doing. You could give it a shot.

I don't think anything like the thing in The Fast and the Furious actually exists. Well, it probably does but you'd be talking six-figure per seat 3D CAD applications.

japan on
  • Options
    GrimmGrimm Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    japan wrote:
    I know some people have used Photoshop to try out designs for custom cars, but I think you'd really need to know what you were doing. You could give it a shot.

I don't think anything like the thing in The Fast and the Furious actually exists. Well, it probably does but you'd be talking six-figure per seat 3D CAD applications.

Yeah i know im not gonna find anything that good. Just used it as an example so you guys have some clue what im talking about. If i can find my photoshop install cd i might give that a try. Try to copy and paste parts from online pictures and then clean up the edges. I was hoping to find some kind of program that a collection of basic trucks that you could pick parts from a list and see how they look.

Grimm on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Just try browsing over cardomain.com for all the usually bolt-on stuff.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg