Options

[MISC] PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Summer Edition

1101113151618

Posts

  • Options
    PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    You better run away!

    You say you can't make it Friday or Saturday. And now not Sunday either!

    You have too much of a life sir. :P

    I could possibly do something after work tomorrow. Potentially.

    Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pinder wrote: »
    Cronus wrote: »
    You better run away!

    You say you can't make it Friday or Saturday. And now not Sunday either!

    You have too much of a life sir. :P

    I could possibly do something after work tomorrow. Potentially.

    We could do some drinking to celebrate. I wouldn't be surprised if there are others here who would join us.

    Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sooooo... Things were done, plans were changed, previous plans were thought to have been on days they were not... >.>

    Bite of Seattle tomorrow (Saturday), when Pinder gets off work at 5 PM!

    Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Snickers wrote: »
    Sooooo... Things were done, plans were changed, previous plans were thought to have been on days they were not... >.>

    Bite of Seattle tomorrow (Saturday), when Pinder gets off work at 5 PM!

    Awesome day. We had a ton of fun including good food, riding Seattle light rail, and having way to much fun at uwajimaya! I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

    Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    Snickers wrote: »
    Sooooo... Things were done, plans were changed, previous plans were thought to have been on days they were not... >.>

    Bite of Seattle tomorrow (Saturday), when Pinder gets off work at 5 PM!

    Awesome day. We had a ton of fun including good food, riding Seattle light rail, and having way to much fun at uwajimaya! I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

    *pout* I would've liked to go to Uwajimaya! Haven't hung out in the ID forevah it seems.

    Oh well, maybe next time. Yay for the ren faire tomorrow!

    KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, this thread is almost to second page. Unacceptable! I think the Awesomeness of the Ren Faire just blew our minds! We couldn't handle being on the forums for awhile.

    So, what all is going on now? Any events planned that I'm not seeing? Anyone know of any random shenaniganz that are happening, that need to be discussed?

    Post now, or forever hold thy piece! :P

    Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    moving into a new house Tuesday....

    we might have a house warming party in the next 2-8 weeks. if so, details TBA

    s7arbuck on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    HMM. We do need at least a couple more meet-ups before PAX is upon us.

    Let's have a "hide from the heat" day! Ideas?

    eye-shuh on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    HMM. We do need at least a couple more meet-ups before PAX is upon us.

    Let's have a "hide from the heat" day! Ideas?
    How about a shopping trip to Sears to buy air conditioners? You could make a whole day of it. Buying them, installing them, basking in the 72F controlled temperature goodness.

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • Options
    PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Let's have a "hide from the heat" day! Ideas?

    Last I checked, Gameworks is air conditioned, and open long after Sol has completed his scorching journey though our portion of the sky. Or maybe movie meetup? I haven't seen Moon yet, and D-9 comes out on August 14th.

    Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think a hide from the heat day would be fun! Gameworks MIGHT work... I'd prefer something water related, because swimming is awesome, and an excelent way to hide from the heat. I'd alswo be willing to watch D9, for sure!

    S7arbuck: That would be awesome, let us know! :)

    Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anybody have a BOAT?

    proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CatBoyCatBoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Saving BUMP!

    There has to be more things going on!?

    CatBoy on
    <+Djiem|HKO> Woah
    <+Djiem|HKO> Hello Kitty is brutal
    <+Djiem|HKO> A starfish just raped my ass
    <+Gilles> you deserved it
  • Options
    PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    CatBoy wrote: »
    Saving BUMP!

    There has to be more things going on!?

    It rhymes with "guy jar vee".

    Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gameworks sounds like an excellent idea. It has been far to long since I've gone. And with the heat I can't think of a better time.

    s7arbuck: That's great. I trust you're still in Seattle?

    Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Let's do something! I have nothing to contribute!

    Maybe Happy Hour?? OOH or does anyone want to go see Brothers Bloom with me this weekend? it's a movie.

    MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Moe: Har har, smart ass. ;)

    OK. Here is the plan. On August 21st (it's far so you'd all better mark it on your calendars and come) we are going to go to a brief Happy Hour for munchies and then go watch D-9.

    For Happy Hour I propose we go to Kate's Pub in Wallingford: http://www.yelp.com/biz/kates-pub-seattle Because their menu is half off during that time. (Happy Hour is M-F 4-7 I believe)

    I don't have a time on the movie yet, but assume it'll be around 7PM at the Metro.

    Sound good? Shall I facebook it to y'all?

    eye-shuh on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh, and if you're looking for something to do THIS weekend, you could always come with me to the Seattle Center for Urban Craft Uprising!

    http://urbancraftuprising.com/

    I'll be leaving Batloft at 10AM sharp so I can try and get my hands on a goodie bag!

    Then maybe sprinkler fun?

    eye-shuh on
  • Options
    The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Moe: Har har, smart ass. ;)

    OK. Here is the plan. On August 21st (it's far so you'd all better mark it on your calendars and come) we are going to go to a brief Happy Hour for munchies and then go watch D-9.

    For Happy Hour I propose we go to Kate's Pub in Wallingford: http://www.yelp.com/biz/kates-pub-seattle Because their menu is half off during that time. (Happy Hour is M-F 4-7 I believe)

    I don't have a time on the movie yet, but assume it'll be around 7PM at the Metro.

    Sound good? Shall I facebook it to y'all?

    You smell.

    The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The DIMD wrote: »
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Moe: Har har, smart ass. ;)

    OK. Here is the plan. On August 21st (it's far so you'd all better mark it on your calendars and come) we are going to go to a brief Happy Hour for munchies and then go watch D-9.

    For Happy Hour I propose we go to Kate's Pub in Wallingford: http://www.yelp.com/biz/kates-pub-seattle Because their menu is half off during that time. (Happy Hour is M-F 4-7 I believe)

    I don't have a time on the movie yet, but assume it'll be around 7PM at the Metro.

    Sound good? Shall I facebook it to y'all?

    You smell.

    So is your face.

    eye-shuh on
  • Options
    The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My face smells like you? Then my face must be pretty stupid.

    The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Your face isn't good enough to smell like me, but you're right - it is stupid.

    eye-shuh on
  • Options
    The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Takes one to know one!

    The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This thread is going places.
    bite_me_toilet_3001.jpg

    Houn on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dee started it!

    In other news, WE'RE HAVING A WATER FIGHT THIS WEEKEND!

    Gas Works Park, Saturday, 1PM, bring ammunition and sandwiches.

    If everyone makes...three sandwiches and cuts them into little squares we can have a sandwich party and water fight! Eh? Eh?

    eye-shuh on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    no can do, going to a party this weekend.

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    A party at 1PM?! Surely you can stop by....?

    eye-shuh on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You guys realize that water balloons require spigots to fill up? If we're looking for a park with them, Meridian Park in Wallingford has them

    proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We should probably just use super soakers anyway. If we use water balloons, no one is leaving until every piece of rubber is picked up.

    eye-shuh on
  • Options
    PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, I have a wedding to go to tomorrow, but I'll see if I can still make the waterfight somehow. Maybe I'll just show up in a shirt and tie...

    edit - Also, August 21st? Wouldn't it be about 90 times more awesome on, say, the 13th? At midnight? You know you want to.

    Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Dee started it!

    In other news, WE'RE HAVING A WATER FIGHT THIS WEEKEND!

    Gas Works Park, Saturday, 1PM, bring ammunition and sandwiches.

    If everyone makes...three sandwiches and cuts them into little squares we can have a sandwich party and water fight! Eh? Eh?

    A Water fight sounds awesome. I don't have any super soakers, but I certainly want to get in the action. Anyone have an extra or two to bring?

    Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    In other news, WE'RE HAVING A WATER FIGHT THIS WEEKEND!
    No can do for me either, stuck at work till five. God Blasted co-workers.

    QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    If we use water balloons, no one is leaving until every piece of rubber is picked up.

    They make biodegradeable water balloons

    proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Aww, I would have come but I RSVP'd to another party.

    Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Funny thing happened where nobody ended up going >.>

    proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Haha...yeeeah...we kinda ended up in IRC instead of outside.

    Internet stealing my youth? Story of my life?

    eye-shuh on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We need to put some sort of disclaimer up not to think any thing posted on here is going to happen until you're there. Even then look around to make sure with PAX people and they didn't change their minds.

    Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Can anyone give me a ride from Capitol Hill to the party at DIMD's tomorrow?

    Also, if anyone has a couch for me to surf on, while I establish myself (going to start looking for work today). And I don't want to wear out my welcome here at MeeOk's.

    PM if you need my number, on here or IRC.

    neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I have a car, but I don't want to drive alone... so I'm looking for either people to get a ride with OR people who need rides.

    proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also, I'm able to get a ride there on Sat. no problem, but would like to be able to find a ride back to my home on Cap. Hill on Sunday..? :)

    MeeOk on
This discussion has been closed.