Options

[MISC] PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Summer Edition

• Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to be driving down there as well so I can give some people rides. I'm on Cap Hill, so slice and prox feel free to message me here or on facebook. I'll check both tonight.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PROTIP: Click this at your own risk.
    No, like really.
    Seriously now. After this you really only have yourself to blame for your actions.
    I'm pretty sure you can't accidentally click something three times, right?
    BEHOLD!

[THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN REMOVED AT THE BEHEST OF MOE]

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well played, sir.

Houn on
  • Options
    neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's even funnier this way, without the Cake Roll that lasted all of like, what, 3 minutes?
    Lol.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    neuroslice wrote: »
    It's even funnier this way, without the Cake Roll that lasted all of like, what, 3 minutes?
    Lol.

About that. Moe gave me 2 minutes to take it down on pain of jailing.

For those still craving an idea of the awesomeness of DIMD's party, it was basically like this:

vuee5.png

Pinder on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pinder wrote: »
    Lol.

For those still craving an idea of the awesomeness of DIMD's party, it was basically like this:

vuee5.png

I'm surprised how much of the party that drawing encompasses. I keep thinking of them. Even as I write this.

Awesome party and I'm glad to see you are still alive Pinder.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pinder wrote: »
    Lol.

vuee5.png

Pinder...I feel like I can never tell you how incredibly awesome you are. This image has made my day forever.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Pinder...I feel like I can never tell you how incredibly awesome you are.

You can still try, though. I won't mind, honest.

Pinder on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I seem to remember talk of a PAX outing to see District 9. Is anyone still interested?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    *cough* In 14 days, I will be turning 21. Shenanigans shall ensue, on Saturday the 29th, after midnight (yes I know some places are picky about that/legal technicalities). I was thinking of having people come and chill out at the apartment, and then going to the Broadway Grill http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/broadway-grill/Location?oid=24333&srs

They apparently have pretty tasty mixed drinks, and they have 4-5 variations of Long Island Iced tea that come in a big carafe for not that much. :D Lemme know if you're coming, and if you have other suggestions, they're quite welcome

MeeOk on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    *cough* In 14 days, I will be turning 21. Shenanigans shall ensue, on Saturday the 29th, after midnight (yes I know some places are picky about that/legal technicalities). I was thinking of having people come and chill out at the apartment, and then going to the Broadway Grill http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/broadway-grill/Location?oid=24333&srs

They apparently have pretty tasty mixed drinks, and they have 4-5 variations of Long Island Iced tea that come in a big carafe for not that much. :D Lemme know if you're coming, and if you have other suggestions, they're quite welcome

I'm in! Also a note: it's a good idea for people not to be heavily intoxicated when we arrive at the Broadway Grill. Could also do a bar crawl around Pike/Pine...

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Don't forget: We have a happy hour on Friday!!

9/21 - Happy Hour, meet at Kate's Pub whenever your after work is (likely around 5PM for most). During happy hour, their menu (drinks included) is all half off!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/kates-pub-seattle

After that you can either go watch D9 as originally planned or continue to bar crawl!

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

CLARIFICATION REQUIRED - I always get confused: Are we meeting on Friday, and waiting until Saturday at Midnight or are we meeting on Saturday and waiting until Sunday at midnight?

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Broadway Grill is a pretty good choice.

If you're going to do a pub crawl in that area, I definitely suggest hitting up Barca (it's one of my favorite bars in town).

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

CLARIFICATION REQUIRED - I always get confused: Are we meeting on Friday, and waiting until Saturday at Midnight or are we meeting on Saturday and waiting until Sunday at midnight?

We're getting together on Saturday the 29th, and heading out after midnight, so that it's technically the 30th XD

MeeOk on
  • Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    O hey guys. I guess this thread is not relevant to my interests what with being all In Seattlol n stuff. ^_^
    threadrelevant.jpg

CuZZa on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    CuZZa wrote: »
    O hey guys. I guess this thread is not relevant to my interests what with being all In Seattlol n stuff. ^_^

CUZZA PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where the F are you and why haven't we seen you yet?????? :x

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

8/21 - Happy Hour, meet at Kate's Pub whenever your after work is (likely around 5PM for most). During happy hour, their menu (drinks included) is all half off!

After that you can either go watch D9 as originally planned or continue to bar crawl!

Kate's Pub? I can't remember if I've been there or not, but hopefully I'll see you guys Friday. The earliest I'm going to be there is 7, but I'll be sure to catch up with you guys. What happened to the Saturday happy hours?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

8/21 - Happy Hour, meet at Kate's Pub whenever your after work is (likely around 5PM for most). During happy hour, their menu (drinks included) is all half off!

Kate's Pub? I can't remember if I've been there or not, but hopefully I'll see you guys Friday. The earliest I'm going to be there is 7, but I'll be sure to catch up with you guys. What happened to the Saturday happy hours?

I failed, that's what! :( Everything somehow became a madhouse in my life :P But, I think we should start them up again after PAX!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Apparently some ppl are heading to Schultzy's tonight for trivia? Starts at 8pm.

KaitouAyashi on
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I failed, that's what! :( Everything somehow became a madhouse in my life :P But, I think we should start them up again after PAX!

I can start helping you out with these after PAX. Maybe between the two of us we can keep the fail away. There is much potential for awesome with the PA crowd and happy hour.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hey guuuuuys. Our good friend and Twitter Shitter Sean is going to be in town. We also have an Aussie currently in residence.

THOUGHTS?!

(I was thinking of meeting up at A Pizza Mart or something tonight or somewhere more under 21 friendly?)

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hey guuuuuys. Our good friend and Twitter Shitter Sean is going to be in town. We also have an Aussie currently in residence.
    THOUGHTS?!

I would suggest meeting up somewhere with a bunch of PAX people. But that's just me.

In all seriousness though, I don't care where we go. Also, I'm off at 5, but I could conceivably leave early. You want I should meet you at the Tower?

Pinder on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

THOUGHTS?!

(I was thinking of meeting up at A Pizza Mart or something tonight or somewhere more under 21 friendly?)

THIS.

I know we go out of our way not to exclude anyone, but people who are underage KNOW they won't be able to do everything. Planning everything around them is unrealistic at best. Plus, it's not like we won't be hanging out other places where age isn't an issue.

Anyway: A Pizza Mart on the Ave in the u-district. Say......7pm?

KaitouAyashi on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So what is this Pizza Mart? I haven't gone drinking on the Ave in years. I take it that it's a bar of some sort if minors are bared?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So what is this Pizza Mart? I haven't gone drinking on the Ave in years. I take it that it's a bar of some sort if minors are bared?

It's pretty sweet. Good pizza, cheap (but still really good) beer. What more can you ask for?!?!

I'll probably make it, depending on whether or not I crash when I get home and refuse to move. :P

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

It's pretty sweet. Good pizza, cheap (but still really good) beer. What more can you ask for?!?!

I'll probably make it, depending on whether or not I crash when I get home and refuse to move. :P

We could always get someone to come by and poke you with a stick until you come and have fun with us. :)

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Cronus. It's not the pizza and beer that's amazing. It's the FULL BAR.

DO EET.

KaitouAyashi on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sounds awesome Tajah. I'm leaving the office now. So given that I have to cross 520, I'll be there around 9. Tomorrow.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Are these get togethers just wide open to anyone? I couldn't have made tonight, but I certainly wouldn't mind hanging out one of the next few times.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    All plans made in this thread have open invitations.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    DROBRO FROM IRC HERE

so i get in the 1st and want to do something for dinner that night.

umi sake house looks good.

Any comments questions concerns?

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    umi is delicious

sadly ill be busy packing stuff up for pax :(

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    DROBRO FROM IRC HERE

I WILL BE THERE.

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    DROBRO FROM IRC HERE

Done and done! I need to get my heckling of you started early! XD

beta_angel wrote: »
    Are these get togethers just wide open to anyone? I couldn't have made tonight, but I certainly wouldn't mind hanging out one of the next few times.

Come to the happy hour this friday!

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is this an open invite to Umi on the 1st? :D

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    PunkJr wrote: »

Why, I do believe it is.:mrgreen:

Pinder on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i might make it to umi... depends how much packing I can get done.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    PunkJr wrote: »

Yes it is!

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks