Options

[MISC] PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Summer Edition

• Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pinder wrote: »
    CalX wrote: »
    How will I find the group at Kates Pub? Group of non-athletic people wearing t-shirts with clever slogans?

This is disconcertingly accurate. I, for one, am wearing my Da Vinci Blue Shell shirt today.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! I'm wearing *my* Da Vinci Blue Shell shirt today too!

Now I have to change. THANKS PINDER! <3

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Pinder wrote: »
    How will I find the group at Kates Pub? Group of non-athletic people wearing t-shirts with clever slogans?

This is disconcertingly accurate. I, for one, am wearing my Da Vinci Blue Shell shirt today.

That's what you GET for switching shirts on us! Now you will forever be condemned to be t-shirt-hive-minded!!!!

Also, did tickets for Happy Hour sell out already? Because I was busy and forgot to buy one and now I need one.....

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Also, did tickets for Happy Hour sell out already? Because I was busy and forgot to buy one and now I need one.....

WAIT WHAT? I have to BUY a ticket for Happy Hour?

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yes. I will need $500 each at the door. Checks payable to Omegabat.

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Yes. I will need $500 each at the door. Checks payable to Omegabat.

You can also deliver it to Batloft in a duffel bag. Small unmarked bills :winky:

KaitouAyashi on
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Well yeah, otherwise nobody will notice if we switch shirts again.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    First one here w00

Im 3 drinks in already, you fuckers better get here :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

MeeOk - Teatime and I will be there. Also, we will have the greatest ice cream cake ever.

Sweet! I look forward to getting to try ice cream cake! Hmm, if this group is small enough, we'll definitely have to hit up Bleu, it's apparently a very neat little "hole in the wall" kind of a place

MeeOk on
  • Options
    InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Aaaaaand I just lost my ride. I live well north of Seattle so unfortunately I can't just walk.

I believe this is why I have never been to any community events...this sucks.

EDIT: I need to find a like northern PAXer to ally with...someone in the Bothell/Mill Creek area who I can get a ride from in the future.

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • Options
    CalXCalX Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    leaving in a few

CalX on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    District 9 Info for Tomorrow

We're going to the 5:20 show at the Regal Meridian 16
    1501 7th Ave, Seattle, WA

There will most assuredly be food and more fun after the movie. The theater is downtown right near the convention center we've all learned to love. Near Gameworks :) I'll be sure to get to the theater no later then 5.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm gonna miss tonight. I really wanted to come out, however, I feel like complete ass right now.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, how did it go?

I am just now discovering the awesomeness that is the seattle area transit system. In the future I could probably bus to the event...and hopefully line up a ride back since the events will probably run late.

I am planning for the future here! I am tired of being an unknown entity on these forums.

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • Options
    ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    This Saturday there will be District 9 in Seattle at Regal Meridian 16. Given that many including yours truly will be at Kate's Pub until well into Saturday we'll probably want to wait until mid-afternoon. It's playing every hour so that won't be a problem.

Please post if you want to join us and have a preferred time. Also, there is plenty of food nearby, including Elephant & Castle with it's well stocked bar so food could happen as well.

I wish I could have gone. I <3 Kate's! Still currently at work and won't be off until 7:30am. :/
    MeeOk wrote: »

MeeOk - Teatime and I will be there. Also, we will have the greatest ice cream cake ever.

Sweet! I look forward to getting to try ice cream cake! Hmm, if this group is small enough, we'll definitely have to hit up Bleu, it's apparently a very neat little "hole in the wall" kind of a place

Don't forgets some sweet karaoke! And you don't have to pay for pool! :)

That pizza place about east 1 block (can't remember the name) is a good stop after the pub closes.

Edit:

Anything happening next week possibly Monday night, Tuesday or Wednesday next week? :3

Actually, I'll possibly be at Performance Grill (letter A in the link) either next Monday night or Tuesday Night wtih a local nerdy friend of mine, if anyone happens to be wandering aimlessly in the Auburn area & wants to drink adult beverages, play pool, darts, karaoke or hang out in general. It'll probably be after 9pm & it's 21+ if anyone decides to drop by. :)

Shiggles on
  • Options
    That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So Mrs. Spoony and I will be at Kate's Pub on Wednesday for happy hour (She works weekends, and now I work Friday evenings). I realize not as many people may show up Wednesday, but she would love to see some of you (she misses the Seattle group).

Wednesday, Kate's Pub, 4pm. I'm bringing a Magic deck as well.

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I may be able to stop by for a bit ^.^ <3

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So Mrs. Spoony and I will be at Kate's Pub on Wednesday for happy hour (She works weekends, and now I work Friday evenings). I realize not as many people may show up Wednesday, but she would love to see some of you (she misses the Seattle group).

Wednesday, Kate's Pub, 4pm. I'm bringing a Magic deck as well.

I'll try to make it!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    CalXCalX Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    If someone can bring a magic deck for me to use, i'm there. I sold all my cards at the end of ravnica block and went to magic online only.

CalX on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If someone can bring a magic deck for me to use, i'm there. I sold all my cards at the end of ravnica block and went to magic online only.

I have no magic deck either... I played once, for about 10 minutes. . . . :(

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I think (I hope) Accalon still has the deck I loaned to Pinder. If he shows up on Wednesday, someone can borrow that deck again.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I should be able to make it Wednesday. I'm not sure about MeeOks 21st yet. But Ice Cream Cake? Awesome.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I should be able to make it Wednesday. I'm not sure about MeeOks 21st yet. But Ice Cream Cake? Awesome.

I think they'll have to work pretty hard to beat the last cake! :P

Spoony/SpoonyWife and everyone for happy hour on Wed: you guys want to go to Pies and Pints instead????? eh? eh? wink wink, nudge nudge?

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I think they'll have to work pretty hard to beat the last cake! :P

Spoony/SpoonyWife and everyone for happy hour on Wed: you guys want to go to Pies and Pints instead????? eh? eh? wink wink, nudge nudge?

I was going to post and point out that Pies and Pints fails because they don't have a full bar, it's smaller, Eric isn't there, and Kate's Happy Hour is pretty epic. Then I clicked the link.

They had me at POT PIES.

om nom nom nom

KaitouAyashi on
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I may be able to stop by for a bit ^.^ <3

If you get the chance, I'd love to have ya, lady! <3

MeeOk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I was going to post and point out that Pies and Pints fails because they don't have a full bar, it's smaller, Eric isn't there, and Kate's Happy Hour is pretty epic. Then I clicked the link.

They had me at POT PIES.

om nom nom nom

See?!?!?! Their pies are damn amazing. It's SpoonyWife's call, (it's just that my bus goes right next to P&P, I'd have to go home first to get my car to go to Kate's) but either place is ok with me! :D

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Heh, I never make it over to Pies and Pints because I figure, if i'm going to be in that general vicinity, i'm going to head over to Die Bier Stube. Drink some German bier, have a pretzel and some jagerschnitzel.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Lol! I love how people assume that the pies of Pints and Pies means pizza. Then they realize holy shit, they don't mean pizza. Oh yes. They mean POT PIES.

PS: Die Bier is awesome too!

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pot Pies are awesome, but when it comes down to an average menu and a decent liqour selection or pot pies and no liqour I've got to go with the former. Though, we'll see what the Spoonys say.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pot Pies are awesome, but when it comes down to an average menu and a decent liqour selection or pot pies and no liqour I've got to go with the former. Though, we'll see what the Spoonys say.

What do you mean "decent"??!?? You have no concept of decency, drambue! Or should I say Rusty Nail!!!! ;D

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    We just want a place that has good food and pretty decent drinks. I liked Kate's cuz their happy hour goes til 7, but if the majority wants to do P&P, then great!

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

What do you mean "decent"??!?? You have no concept of decency, drambue! Or should I say Rusty Nail!!!! ;D

Now you're just making me thirsty Nomad. I did get Accalon drinking those too. We'll get you soon enough. :twisted:

Though unfortunately I don't think Kate's has any Drambuie. :(

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Now you're just making me thirsty Nomad. I did get Accalon drinking those too. We'll get you soon enough. :twisted:

Though unfortunately I don't think Kate's has any Drambuie. :(

Maybe I should start with turpentine and then work my way up to those... :x

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So we decided on Kate's (even though they don't have drambuie, sorry Cronus). We will be there around 4 or 4:30. Hope to see lots of you there!

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • Options
    frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How late do you think you will stay? I'd like to come, but I don't think I could get there before 6ish.

freckle on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    freckle wrote: »
    How late do you think you will stay? I'd like to come, but I don't think I could get there before 6ish.

I would think we would still be there by six. I imagine a good bulk of the people won't show up til 5ish.

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So we decided on Kate's (even though they don't have drambuie, sorry Cronus). We will be there around 4 or 4:30. Hope to see lots of you there!

Actually I prefer Kates Spoony as Pies and Pints doesn't have a full bar, so thanks. Unfortunately the earliest I'll be able to get there is 7, probably more like 7:30 because of work and then 520. This is going to be an awesome night for a Wednesday though.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Soooo I'm landing in Seattle on the 1st Sep as well, at about 7pm local time. Guess it'll take my probably about an hour and a half, two hours to get from the airport to my hotel in Downtown and all settled in and stuff. Does that sound accurate? Anyhoo. I note some peeps are hitting this Umi Sake House that evening - presumably you'll all have eaten and moved on somewhere by the time I am ready for shenanigans? Is it even anywhere near the Crowne Plaza where I'm staying? Local knowledge will be appreciated.

I leave for the States on Friday, so I'll try my best to keep an eye on this thread but it might be easier to tweet me - @Frightfully. Fingers crossed I can manage to check that at least!

Frightfully English on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Sorry guys, wont be able to make it to kates. The last time was the only time you will see me before pax :P
    *looks at his todo list before pax*
    Ugh

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Not sure I'll be at Kate's tonight.

I twittered the info on Umi's to you Frightfully!

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I too, cannot make it to kate's tonight. Work has suddenly decide to take a dump of responsibilities onto me, and thus, I am up the proverbial creek without a motility implement.
    This is unfortunate, but hardly unexpected. Have fun.

ashridah on
This discussion has been closed.