As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] UI screenies, mods and macro discussion

• Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Golem wrote:
    whuppins wrote:
    I guess my problem is that my numpad layout uses only 12 buttons total, but in order for them to be placed into a single grid, that grid would have to measure 4x5. Bongos appears to have a 12-button-per-bar limit, I just can't figure out if it would consider my layout a 20-button bar (4x5) or if, through the single-button-rearrangement thing that Golem's talking about, I can trick it into treating that whole mess as just one bar.

Hmm not sure to be honest though Ill mess with it tonight and post the results. Everything I know about bongos is just from me doing trial and error.
    Oh, don't bother. I'll have time to find out for myself tonight and I've already taken up way too much space in this thread. Hopefully I'll find something I like and will then be able to make more intelligent posts here; as it is I'm bored at work and dreaming up ways to make my new UI work. It's sad; I have graph paper and everything at my desk.

whuppins on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Next topic: What's a good mod that will make the chat windows a little more custom-UI-friendly? I'd like to be able to hide the buttons on the left, hide the tabs, make it a little more compact, and maybe have some more options as far as text display. You know, something more rectangular that will more gracefully snap in to a custom UI. Any suggestions?

Ooh ooh... also, any mods that will do the same thing for the minimap? I know I've seen custom UIs where the minimap was just a square that was blended seamlessly into the 'dashboard'.

whuppins on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    whuppins wrote:
    I guess my problem is that my numpad layout uses only 12 buttons total, but in order for them to be placed into a single grid, that grid would have to measure 4x5. Bongos appears to have a 12-button-per-bar limit, I just can't figure out if it would consider my layout a 20-button bar (4x5) or if, through the single-button-rearrangement thing that Golem's talking about, I can trick it into treating that whole mess as just one bar.
    Open Bongos, go to ActionBars, reduce the number of bars to 6. That'll allow bars with up to 20 buttons.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Open Bongos, go to ActionBars, reduce the number of bars to 6. That'll allow bars with up to 20 buttons.
    I'm like Al Pacino in the Godfather Part III with this Bongos stuff. Just when I think I'm done thinking about it, you fuckers keep pulling me back in.

So, of all the posts here, this is the first one saying you can get more than 12 buttons per bar. That's great if it's true, but say I need more than 6 bars: several small ones and 1 huge one. Can I slide the "number of bars" down to 6, create my big bar, then slide it back up to 10 or whatever to create the others?

If so, that's nice, but still retarded. This is what I was talking about when I was saying that Bongos isn't as straightforward to set up as Nurfed was.

whuppins on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    whuppins wrote:
    I'm like Al Pacino in the Godfather Part III with this Bongos stuff. Just when I think I'm done thinking about it, you fuckers keep pulling me back in.

So, of all the posts here, this is the first one saying you can get more than 12 buttons per bar. That's great if it's true, but say I need more than 6 bars: several small ones and 1 huge one. Can I slide the "number of bars" down to 6, create my big bar, then slide it back up to 10 or whatever to create the others?
    As far as I can tell, no. Bongos always allocates (120/bars) buttons per bar. Hiding them does not allow you to shift them to other bars, and if (for example) you split off three buttons of Bar 1 and place them next to Bar 2, they'll still change pages when changing Bar 1.

It's a little dumb, but it's also probably an assload easier to code than something like Nurfed or Discord was.

What I haven't figured out about Bongos is how you set different bars to change pages independantly, so that, for instance, I can change my spell bar without changing pages on my trinket bar.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    shadowane wrote:
    Golem, they only auto-snap if you have sticky bars selected.

It took me too long to figure this out.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    _X__X_ Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I am in desperate need of an addon for Paladin Blessings. None of the addon sites seem to be up so if someone happens to have Greater Blessings for 2.0 and can link me a download I will love you forever!

_X_ on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I could use some advice for those more familiar with these kind of bar mods.

I want one that allows me to move around the buttons, resize, etc... but I am only going to do it on a limited basis. I tried Bartender3 but it got rid of the standard action bars and I want them to stay. I just want to create small clusters of little buttons for hunter tracking, or warlock summons, that sort of thing.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    kevbotkevbot Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Norgoth wrote:
    The Screenshot portion of this thread is severly lacking.

wowscrnshot120706141956ng2.jpg

Im just using Nurfed and trinity for my bars. Its simple and I like it. It also run far better than my UI prepatch.

Any chance of posting your UI folder?

kevbot on
    Your music is bad, and you should feel bad!
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    kevbot wrote:
    Norgoth wrote:
    The Screenshot portion of this thread is severly lacking.

*snip img*

Im just using Nurfed and trinity for my bars. Its simple and I like it. It also run far better than my UI prepatch.

Any chance of posting your UI folder?

Really.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    DeadlyDonkeyDeadlyDonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    This is a UI thread, so here comes the obligatory h-scroll rape.

wow20uidt5.jpg

Bartender >>>> Bongos, in both functionality and form.

DeadlyDonkey on
  • Options
    OnionknightOnionknight Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

GINORMOUS PIC

Is that a patch 2.0 UI?

Onionknight on
    730885PbAdw.png
  • Options
    LejinLejin Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

GINORMOUS PIC

Is that a patch 2.0 UI?

Looks like it from the BG chat.

Lejin on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    If it is, I want to know his Unit frames (discord?) and the chat boxes

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, 20 rep for AV objectives.

WTB a commentary track on that UI. I particularly like the rectangular minimap and chat windows. How much of that is Bartender and how much is other things?

whuppins on
  • Options
    kevindenoyettekevindenoyette Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

wow20uidt5.jpg

I need a list of all your mods. Specifically the chat mods, font mod, map mod.

kevindenoyette on
    titshop2qn.jpg
  • Options
    DeadlyDonkeyDeadlyDonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I wish I could take credit for it but....

It's the new Photek, with a couple of modifications. It's very provisionally hosted:

http://media1.curse-gaming.com/media/files/47-21100-photekui-v6-photekui-x6-wide.rar

Not supposed to be a public link, so don't hammer it because it might get taken down. Perhaps somebody could mirror it?

DeadlyDonkey on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I wish I could take credit for it but....

It's the new Photek, with a couple of modifications. It's very provisionally hosted:

http://media1.curse-gaming.com/media/files/47-21100-photekui-v6-photekui-x6-wide.rar

Not supposed to be a public link, so don't hammer it because it might get taken down. Perhaps somebody could mirror it?

Yes. Yes. FUCKING YES!

I thought it would be awhile before he got around to updating. Those Unit Frames look brilliant.

Too bad I cant grab it at work. Plus Curse is still being hammered to all hell.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So before I put my own UI into active service, I need two things:

1) There was a mod which placed the text entry box higher up on, say, your general chat window. This allowed you to actually see what you were typing whenever you had your chat positioned in the corner or along the bottom of the screen. I'll need that.

2) I can't shrink the combat log enough to make up for the dead space on the right side of my screen. I'd like to find a way to make it sit flush against the edge so I don't wind up with this column of nothing here, but I'm not certain if such a thing exists.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    More bongos questions, YAY!

So..druids using it?

Will this thing shift bars when I shape shift? Disappear when in travel forms?

Etc...

This shall be tonight's project depending on your answer.

It took me damn near 3 hours to pull it together in DAB. What say you, fellas?

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    th_newui.jpg

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    OnionknightOnionknight Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    th_newui.jpg

That little circle at the bottom right is Necrosis, right? Anyone know if there is an equivalent for other classes. I would love to have a totem mod that had them all in some hot circle action.

Onionknight on
    730885PbAdw.png
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    th_newui.jpg

That little circle at the bottom right is Necrosis, right? Anyone know if there is an equivalent for other classes. I would love to have a totem mod that had them all in some hot circle action.

Take a look at Saeris' Totem Grid.

Gives you a little button that you click and then there is a 4 column menu for all the various kinds. It would clean up your screen significantly.

His website is in his sig and he is saying most of his stuff will be 2.0 on or after Friday.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006

OMGWTFHUGE

So does your gimongous nerdrection not get in the way or your playing or something?

You'd think it would block your view of the screen that massive bulk that it is.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    _X__X_ Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    th_newui.jpg

You!!! Host your Necrosis, none of the sites seem to work at all when I try to get new addons. Myself and the other warlocks in my guild are looking for it.
    Also if someone has the link to Holy Hope, its the paladin version of Necrosis, I could use that as well.

_X_ on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    DrZiplock wrote:

So..druids using it?

Etc...

The functionality is there. I have no idea how hard it is to implement.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    LejinLejin Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    DrZiplock wrote:

So..druids using it?

Etc...

Yea its there. There is a stance option. For my rogue it automatically bound Action Bar 7 as my Stealth bar. I hid it. When I go stealth though it replaces my Action Bar 1 with Action Bar 7.

Lejin on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    whuppins wrote:
    Yeah, but you can never have more than 12 buttons to a bar, no matter how your other bars are set up. 10 bars isn't some universal truth; it's an arbitrary number. Why not be able to make 5 bars with 24 buttons? After all, it lets you do 120 bars with 1 button each, which is of course useless.

Then you're doing something wrong since I have an 18-button main bar.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, that was addressed and it turns out that you have to decrease the total number of bars so Bongos thinks you have more buttons to distribute among each bar.

[spoiler:27c394e265]This is stupid and unnecessary[/spoiler:27c394e265]

I'm trying really hard to like Bongos here but it's not working the way I need it to. Golem keeps talking about numbers on empty buttons on bars that can be either blue or orange, and you click them and drag them to pull them off the bar, and I just don't see what "numbers" he's talking about. For those who know how to manually arrange buttons within a bar in Bongos, can you help me out? I'm starting to get really irritated.

whuppins on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wow2facesu7.th.jpg

Just like, Trinity, ag_unitframes, Autobar (which I really need to learn how the fuck to config), Itemrack, and etc

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2006
    hey deadly, you have a semi transparent black box behind your actionbars. what is that? i've been looking through all the mods and cant find a way to remove it.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    RubycurseRubycurse Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    _X_ wrote:
    Also if someone has the link to Holy Hope, its the paladin version of Necrosis, I could use that as well.

I'm hot to trot to find a new Holy Hope as well. Saved a ton of space on my toolbars for seals/blessings. I don't think the author still keeps up with it, though, and I'm not really interested in Pally Power.

Rubycurse on
  • Options
    NetrangerNetranger Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    1) There was a mod which placed the text entry box higher up on, say, your general chat window. This allowed you to actually see what you were typing whenever you had your chat positioned in the corner or along the bottom of the screen. I'll need that.

You'll want to check out a mod called Prat available here. It'll place the editbox along the top edge of the chat window instead of the bottom and has a ton of other nifty features that allow you to place timestamps, channel name abbreviations, etc. all over the place.

Netranger on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yep, I <3 Prat.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Very much a WIP shot:

wowscrnshot120806031138hn5.th.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've not even got around to fiddling with the action bars yet in this screen, but I'll post the changes later.

I frieking love Discord HUD 2.0. The animations are really cool. :P

picture1lv1.png

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I just got a hold of Prat, but it won't load. Every time I log in, it kicks off with an error message about Prat not finding "library 'AceHook-2.1'", though I have what I'm pretty sure is the latest version of Ace installed. Anyone have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Also, with the new AutoBar, I can't seem to get my hotkeys going. I mapped "Y" to AutoBar button #7, it even shows up on the icon itself, but hitting the key gets me nowhere.

Another thing with AutoBar is that it seems not to want to hide the little circular anchor thingy. I assume this is what is supposed to happen when you check "Hide drag handle", but I can't get rid of that dot. Ideas?

whuppins on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ok I am using PHOTEK's new wonder pack - but I have one problem:

How do I get the raid names to show up without using CT_Raid or Blizz's built in raid options. I can display my own group - but cant display the raid no matter what I do unless I pull it out through (c) Social - and I cant edit that one to match what I have through /aguf. . .

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wowscrnshot120806032957bq3.jpg

This is roughly a billion times better looking than my old UI. In the bottom left, those 12 buttons switch with my form/prowl. It's much nicer.

Still some things I'd like, such as Titanbar.

wowscrnshot100506005943xp8.jpg

Joeslop on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    _X_ wrote:
    th_newui.jpg

You!!! Host your Necrosis, none of the sites seem to work at all when I try to get new addons. Myself and the other warlocks in my guild are looking for it.
    Here, if you haven't found it elsewhere. It doesn't crash my WoW like previous betas, but the menu buttons extend whenever a fight starts. I have no idea why, it didn't happen after a fresh install and now it always happens :|

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.