As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu, reporting for [chat]

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Cops shot an off-duty cop in NYC.

The cop doing the shooting was white, the cop getting shot was black. Anyone surprised?
    Man with a gun and no obvious police ID running down the street chasing another man without a gun. Cops ID themselves and say drop it, man turns turns towards police without IDing himself still with the gun.

Sorry, but unless the off-duty cop was IDing himself, this is just a horrible mistake.
    No, I'm sure this will be the story told. "Officer failed to identify himself."

I'm also sure the actual story was probably more like "shoot first, ask questions later."

Thanatos on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Add enough cold solvent to cover the plant matter. After soaking for three minutes, add hot solvent to fill the rest of the vessel. Carefully insert the vacuum extraction device so as to minimize agitation of the plant matter. Using all applicable safety measures, move the vessel into the consumption area. Add honey and sip slowly.

TL DR on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Inqi is in the shower right now.

Should I join him y/n?

How big is the shower?

Cinders on
    edited May 2009

Should I join him y/n?
    Inqi, showering?

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Thanatos on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

Should I join him y/n?

Just remember to say "suprise!" first

:winky:

BobCesca on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Cinders wrote: »
    Man, I want Relic to make another Homeworld game.

Maybe they'll make a Battlefleet: Gothic game.

Haphazard on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Elendil wrote: »

oh god want want
    Seriously worth owning a Wii just for that game

Can't wait for this to come out.

deadonthestreet on
    edited May 2009
    Add enough cold solvent to cover the plant matter. After soaking for three minutes, add hot solvent to fill the rest of the vessel. Carefully insert the vacuum extraction device so as to minimize agitation of the plant matter. Using all applicable safety measures, move the vessel into the consumption area. Add honey and sip slowly.
    I don’t know what a ‘vacuum extraction device’ is, but enjoy your tea.

stilist on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

The cop doing the shooting was white, the cop getting shot was black. Anyone surprised?
    Man with a gun and no obvious police ID running down the street chasing another man without a gun. Cops ID themselves and say drop it, man turns turns towards police without IDing himself still with the gun.

Sorry, but unless the off-duty cop was IDing himself, this is just a horrible mistake.

I'm also sure the actual story was probably more like "shoot first, ask questions later."
    The article on CNN has changed twice since it first went up. The first inception said the police identified themselves and the off-duty cop turned around. The second said they identified themselves then opened fire. The third just says they opened fire. As the off-duty was shot in the front, I'm assuming at least the part where he turned is true.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    stilist wrote: »

For filtering particulate matter from Yerba Mate

TL DR on
    edited May 2009

Is that yours? The name as well?

Haphazard on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »

I'd think Bf:g would work better playing in the same style as Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

Cinders on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DROP TABLE in_garbage

I've always wondered how much havoc one could cause by legally changing one's middle name to "DROP TABLE customer" or similar.

It would be kind of like those handwritten labels you see on gifts ordered online that have "&quot"s and "&amp"s in them.

japan on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

For a second I thought you were making DMT or something.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    there was an xkcd about that

nexuscrawler on
    edited May 2009

I'd think Bf:g would work better playing in the same style as Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

Hmm, haven't played that one. Was it any good?

Haphazard on
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, it’s me.

I didn’t buy it, I just took a picture because of the irony.

stilist on
    edited May 2009

The article on CNN has changed twice since it first went up. The first inception said the police identified themselves and the off-duty cop turned around. The second said they identified themselves then opened fire. The third just says they opened fire. As the off-duty was shot in the front, I'm assuming at least the part where he turned is true.
    It will take them awhile to figure out what exactly they want the narrative to be.

Thanatos on
    edited May 2009

The DROP TABLE thing?

Figures.

japan on
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, it’s me.

I didn’t buy it, I just took a picture because of the irony.

Which means you didn't free him? :P
    Nice name, though.

Haphazard on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It will take them awhile to figure out what exactly they want the narrative to be.
    God forbid they would just report the facts as they learn and confirm them.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm watching Deep Space Nine.

Whenever Kira smiles I get this warm fuzzy feeling. She has the best smile ever.

WMain00 on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Man matt your opinion is awful. Last Man Standing is 10 times the film that Fistfull of Dollars is. Fistfull is the weakest of the Sergio Leone Trilogy.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited May 2009

Hmm, haven't played that one. Was it any good?

Kinda, it had some pretty big issues and could have used more time in testing. But it actually made each of your ships matter, as you could outfit each ship how you wanted and you only had a few ships at your disposal at any given time.

Cinders on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    japan wrote: »

The DROP TABLE thing?

Figures.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/exploits_of_a_mom.png

nexuscrawler on
    edited May 2009
    WMain00 wrote: »
    I'm watching Deep Space Nine.

Whenever Kira smiles I get this warm fuzzy feeling. She has the best smile ever.

She also has one of the best "I would kill you if I could get away with it" smiles in the series.

Haphazard on
    edited May 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    God forbid they would just report the facts as they learn and confirm them.
    Not CNN, the cops. They have to figure out how to not hold anyone but the dead black guy responsible, without having to actually blame the dead black guy.

They wouldn't bother with the latter if it weren't a cop.

Thanatos on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    japan wrote: »

The DROP TABLE thing?

Figures.
    A good one, too.

exploits_of_a_mom.png

EDIT: Damn you nexus.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man matt your opinion is awful. Last Man Standing is 10 times the film that Fistfull of Dollars is. Fistfull is the weakest of the Sergio Leone Trilogy.
    Last Man Standing was Bruce Willis as 'the guy who gets the shit beat out of him then comes back to win' and Christopher Walken as 'the creepy bad guy'. Also known as Die Hard 1, 2, 3 and 4.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited May 2009
    I remember reading a really good article (Joel on software maybe?) about sanitising inputs, and using a variable naming convention that distinguishes sanitised from unsanitised, which is a staggeringly simple but effective solution to the problem, really.

japan on
    edited May 2009
    Last Man Standing was Bruce Willis as 'the guy who gets the shit beat out of him then comes back to win' and Christopher Walken as 'the creepy bad guy'. Also known as Die Hard 1, 2, 3 and 4.

So you're mad because Last Man Standing followed the plot of fistfull? I mean honestly I found Willis to be more appealing as smith, the side character more interesting and Hills direction and music choice was superior.

And it didn't have the retarded "Oh man he had a sheet of metal on underneath and the badguys desire to shoot him in the heart over rided his desire to kill him by SHOOTING HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE!"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited May 2009

For a second I thought you were making DMT or something.

I'd be pretty uneasy with an MAOI and don't have the space or particular desire to start performing acid/base extractions in my apartment :P

TL DR on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Me earlier wrote:
    Boosh.

I kicked that interviews arse, I am so hired.

I received an e-mail twenty minutes later. They sure didn’t have to think it over long. Success. Now I just need to find a way to keep myself occupied whilst on shift.

Leitner on
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    Hoooooly shit. Google wave
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_UyVmITiYQ

Doc on
    edited May 2009

So you're mad because Last Man Standing followed the plot of fistfull? I mean honestly I found Willis to be more appealing as smith, the side character more interesting and Hills direction and music choice was superior.

And it didn't have the retarded "Oh man he had a sheet of metal on underneath and the badguys desire to shoot him in the heart over rided his desire to kill him by SHOOTING HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE!"
    Which is funny, as that's become a pretty iconic scene.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    WHAT HAPPENED TO KAKOS

JustinSane07 on
    edited May 2009
    Doc wrote: »
    As in, wave goodbye to your privacy.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited May 2009

Which is funny, as that's become a pretty iconic scene.

Just because it was Back to the future 2 and 3 does not make it an iconic scene, nor does it make it make any sense. Fistfull is the weakest of the dollars trilogy. I mean its the only one to be remade that I'm aware of so obviously I wasn't the only one who thought it was weak...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The video's an hour and twenty minutes. Short summary?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.