Options

[IC] Mage: The Awakening | Higher Education

1356710

Posts

  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Joshua drops the phone and pepper spray, deciding to run out of the hospital as quickly as possible.

    Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Erika takes three damage from the first three dice, subtracting five from defense and Entropic Guard.

    The impact of the blade was... unpleasant. The caster withholds a pained reaction, knowing it would only take a few more moments to evade her assailant completely, but it doesn't prevent her from protecting against further harm.
    Casting Unseen Aegis for an additional two points of armor.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2115694/

    8d10.hitsopen(8,10) → [2,3,6,5,2,4,9,7], 1 success.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    After his futile attempt at leaving, Joshua surveys his surroundings, staring out the glass door.

    What the hell happened back there, what the hell is going on here?

    Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Dammit girl" he hissed quietly, "I don't want to kill you. Stop this madness and come quietly!". With that, the sword came down again, spearing towards her navel and scoring a grazing hit.
    8d10.hitsopen(8,10) = 2 successes, so 2 more wounds for her

    El Skid on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The girl cringes to the side at the slash, trying not to pay attention to the gathering of spilt blood beneath her. He hadn't said these types would be so... difficult.

    "Our work isn't finished, and I won't be done until it is. I'd appreciate it if you not get in the way until then."

    The portal took its finished form; as complete as it would get, at any rate. Once the unconscious student was in, she allowed herself to fall forward, and tumble into the Twilight after him. A telling trail of blood from her injuries is left in her wake.

    The caster and the prone student have vanished into the spiritual realm, while the Gateway remains temporarily open.

    Just as the darkness in the room gives way to normal lighting, the one bearing the phone from earlier can be seen beside the bed where there was no one before, as if dispensed from the same portal.

    The sounds of several approaching footsteps can be heard in the distance.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh CRAP.

    Thinking fast, Mr. Thurston re-sheathed his cane sword and clicked it into place in one quick movement, while diving forward and landing on his front in the largest pool of blood he could see, his legs splaying out at an uncomfortable angle, his cane dropping just out of his grasp.

    "Ohhhhh" he moaned loudly as the footsteps reached the doorway.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The portal seemed to close at the optimal time. Shortly after, the officer returns with a nurse, greeted by the messy sight.

    "Christ, what the hell happened in here?" Just the strange guy and the old man... he already had his gun within reach. "One of you better start explaining." And where did the kid go?



    ___________________




    "Excuse me, I should get this call." The Professor rose from his desk and went to the hall, passing the third visitor as he opened his phone. "Yes? ...I see, it's about time we've had some visitors. Come to the hall later, and we'll discuss it in more detail. ... No, I haven't been told when we're meeting yet, but it will have to be soon. You should invite him, and any others. Right, best of luck, Ms. Fields." The cell phone was silenced as he went to the classroom, offering his visitors an apologetic expression.

    "My apologies, but something dire has come up... I'm afraid we'll have to arrange the course outline for another time. We have an open house of sorts planned for next week, an academic fair for those taking summer courses. Perhaps I might see you there?" Professor Landing turned to the third student with a gracious smile. "Ah, you must be Mr. Noble. It would be most beneficial for you to come to this fair, especially. Ms. Fields tells me you are most experienced in the... shall we say, natural sciences."

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "OH GOD!"

    Summoning all the fake outrage he could, Josh screamed for a doctor, the officer, anyone.
    I arrived well before the officer, CJ even said so.

    He waited for the first shadow to appear behind him before asking aloud where the hell they-

    Joshua pointed to the balcony room, it's chair facing the parking lot.

    "The window, they must have went out the window!"

    Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Damn it, look after the old man." The officer took off down the hall, radioing for back-up in mid stride.

    While the nurse approaches the two to check the wounded man's vitals, an unfamiliar face peers in from the hall. A young male student, carrying two bouquets of flowers.


    "Uh, hi, I'm making a delivery?"

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Slowly rolling onto his back, Mr. Thurston frantically patted down his bloodsoaked front, to make sure the blood wasn't his.

    "Oh god, what happened? The room was dark, and I tried to see if the kid was okay, and I remember falling..." grabbing his cane, he started struggling to get himself to his feet.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Hey, that was a brave thing you did, fighting that crazy with your cane."

    Joshua grimaced, sighing.

    "Sorry I wasn't much use to you, I-- didn't want to push her."

    Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Now that the officer was gone, Mr. Thurston got to his feet with surprising agility.

    "No, you did the right thing. Meddling in that kind of business should be left to the experts. I appreciate your candor, and I'll need to speak with you a bit later, when we can be alone. And in case you're wondering, you have nothing to fear from me."

    El Skid on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "You don't seem injured... I'd go home if I were you two, we've got work to do." The nurse left them be, in favor of claiming the flowers from the student. "I'll be sure he gets them, thanks." She was soon out of sight, with the bouquets in hand.


    The student watched after her, then decided to go about his business. His job was done.

    He still had the feeling that guy had seriously ripped him off for the effort. "Should've insisted on $30..."

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Niall sits in the waiting room, utterly shocked.

    After waiting for the flower guy to leave with the bouquets and jumping in his car to beat him to the hospital, Niall sat in a corner of the waiting room awaiting the delivery which should have been in a few minutes. Upon reaching the hospital, something was going on in the first kid's room. He pretended to ignore it and instead sat in a chair from which he could watch for the delivery guy, sipping a coffee from a hallway snack machine.

    Previously planning on using the delivery as a way to get into the kid's room surreptitiously, the action in the room, not to mention the screaming, got Niall to reconsider investigating this kid alone.

    "Oh well," he thought to himself, "Might as well enjoy the coffee before I leave..."

    Delmain on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Joshua leans over, picking up the "old man"'s cane, being careful not to open it, giving it to the man.

    "So, you wanna beat it before they take a statement?"

    Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    "Well met, Lee. I trust you have an interest in the material we'll be discussing?" Landing gave a humored smile at the as-yet unnamed female. "I must have overestimated its appeal, since there has been less interest shown that I expected. Granted, it is the summer... perhaps students simply have better plans than devoting their free time to a specialized form of horticulture. I suppose it can't be helped."

    While resting his hands on either side of the chair, he kept his attention on the newer arrival. "I see it is getting late... and unpleasant out... so I won't keep the two of you long. For now, tell me, what do you think about the uses of plants in science? That is, I would like your thoughts on how they can best be applied for the good of modern society." The comment came across with an innocent curiosity. He wasn't out to quiz the two, after all.

    "Well. A lot of plants are used for food. But I gather this is not what you mean. A lot of chemical compounds can be extracted from plants. Then of course there is genetic research, plants are used for that. I'm not sure I am answering the right question... What uses are you thinking of, Sir ? In broad, general, quick terms."

    Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "How can plants be best applied for the good of modern society?" Lee stated the question again with surprise in the eyes. Seriously, a lame ass question a high school teacher would ask? "You want to know what I think seriously? Legalize marijuana. I tell you modern society would be much better off."

    He shrugged, standing up. The professor obviously needed to be elsewhere, and probably didn't much like what Lee said. Oh well, who cared if he got in the class? Sounded lame anyways.

    "I'll be sure to check out the fair." He nodded to the others. "I also have somewhere I need to be." A party... Lee left the room and headed for Epsilon dorms. Soon, the class was gone from his mind, visions of partying replacing it.

    Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    Joshua leans over, picking up the "old man"'s cane, being careful not to open it, giving it to the man.

    "So, you wanna beat it before they take a statement?"

    Grasping the cane thankfully, the older man gratefully leaned on his cane.

    "No, we should certainly stay and make full statements. We were present just before a crime was committed. I'm not sure how much help my statement will be, what with having been knocked down- I think I might have blacked out there for a bit too- but what little we saw we should certainly report to the authorities. I only wish I'd seen something out of the ordinary so I could help the police catch whoever made off with the poor student."

    "My name is Mr. Thurston, by the way. I'm investigating these horrible crimes for an interested party."

    El Skid on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Delmain wrote: »
    Niall sits in the waiting room, utterly shocked.

    After waiting for the flower guy to leave with the bouquets and jumping in his car to beat him to the hospital, Niall sat in a corner of the waiting room awaiting the delivery which should have been in a few minutes. Upon reaching the hospital, something was going on in the first kid's room. He pretended to ignore it and instead sat in a chair from which he could watch for the delivery guy, sipping a coffee from a hallway snack machine.

    Previously planning on using the delivery as a way to get into the kid's room surreptitiously, the action in the room, not to mention the screaming, got Niall to reconsider investigating this kid alone.

    "Oh well," he thought to himself, "Might as well enjoy the coffee before I leave..."

    The delivery man eventually left without so much as a glance in Niall's direction, most likely to finish covering up the damage from that freak lightning storm. It could've been worse, at least it hadn't hit him. He passed through the waiting area muttering something about a lack of proper pay, and one bloody hospital room.

    cj iwakura wrote: »

    "Well met, Lee. I trust you have an interest in the material we'll be discussing?" Landing gave a humored smile at the as-yet unnamed female. "I must have overestimated its appeal, since there has been less interest shown that I expected. Granted, it is the summer... perhaps students simply have better plans than devoting their free time to a specialized form of horticulture. I suppose it can't be helped."

    While resting his hands on either side of the chair, he kept his attention on the newer arrival. "I see it is getting late... and unpleasant out... so I won't keep the two of you long. For now, tell me, what do you think about the uses of plants in science? That is, I would like your thoughts on how they can best be applied for the good of modern society." The comment came across with an innocent curiosity. He wasn't out to quiz the two, after all.

    "Well. A lot of plants are used for food. But I gather this is not what you mean. A lot of chemical compounds can be extracted from plants. Then of course there is genetic research, plants are used for that. I'm not sure I am answering the right question... What uses are you thinking of, Sir ? In broad, general, quick terms."

    "Medicinal treatments. It's a wonder what you can learn from the occult, my dear. Several ancient rituals use the foundations of mere plants and herbs to cure all sorts of otherworldly diseases. A market that has gone long unexplored in favor of more 'modern', and dare I say, quite expensive and ineffectual methods of curing illnesses. That is what I hope to explore over the process of this course." His reply was given from the door, while waiting the third student's response.
    "How can plants be best applied for the good of modern society?" Lee stated the question again with surprise in the eyes. Seriously, a lame ass question a high school teacher would ask? "You want to know what I think seriously? Legalize marijuana. I tell you modern society would be much better off."

    At that, a humored laugh followed. "That is certainly one form of... herbal medication, I suppose. Still, not a form I plan on going into great detail on for the duration of this course... so try not to get your hopes up. All the same, I will welcome your unique perspective on the matter in future studies, so I do hope to see you there.

    I hope you won't mind, but it may get a bit... political. A number of the local instructors tend to use these fairs as a forum for all manners of discourse. We really should find a more formal means of addressing these concerns, but it has yet to come up on the agenda, regrettably. So few of us ever manage to come to an agreement on any one subject."

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    El Skid wrote: »
    "My name is Mr. Thurston, by the way. I'm investigating these horrible crimes for an interested party."

    "I'm doing this on my own, name's Josh."

    Joshua breathes deeply, laughing a bit and looking at Thurston.

    Joshua walks outside the door of the room, waiting there.

    Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    "Excuse me, I should get this call." The Professor rose from his desk and went to the hall, passing the third visitor as he opened his phone. "Yes? ...I see, it's about time we've had some visitors. Come to the hall later, and we'll discuss it in more detail. ... No, I haven't been told when we're meeting yet, but it will have to be soon. You should invite him, and any others. Right, best of luck, Ms. Fields." The cell phone was silenced as he went to the classroom, offering his visitors an apologetic expression.

    "My apologies, but something dire has come up... I'm afraid we'll have to arrange the course outline for another time. We have an open house of sorts planned for next week, an academic fair for those taking summer courses. Perhaps I might see you there?" Professor Landing turned to the third student with a gracious smile. "Ah, you must be Mr. Noble. It would be most beneficial for you to come to this fair, especially. Ms. Fields tells me you are most experienced in the... shall we say, natural sciences."

    "Natural sciences?" he replied. Figuring it as some kind of innuendo, he decided to play along. "Sure, you might call me interested in the natural sciences. I will try to make it to the fair. You know Ms. Fields well, I assume?"

    Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alazull wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    "Excuse me, I should get this call." The Professor rose from his desk and went to the hall, passing the third visitor as he opened his phone. "Yes? ...I see, it's about time we've had some visitors. Come to the hall later, and we'll discuss it in more detail. ... No, I haven't been told when we're meeting yet, but it will have to be soon. You should invite him, and any others. Right, best of luck, Ms. Fields." The cell phone was silenced as he went to the classroom, offering his visitors an apologetic expression.

    "My apologies, but something dire has come up... I'm afraid we'll have to arrange the course outline for another time. We have an open house of sorts planned for next week, an academic fair for those taking summer courses. Perhaps I might see you there?" Professor Landing turned to the third student with a gracious smile. "Ah, you must be Mr. Noble. It would be most beneficial for you to come to this fair, especially. Ms. Fields tells me you are most experienced in the... shall we say, natural sciences."

    "Natural sciences?" he replied. Figuring it as some kind of innuendo, he decided to play along. "Sure, you might call me interested in the natural sciences. I will try to make it to the fair. You know Ms. Fields well, I assume?"

    "Splendid, it's such a niche interest these days. So few ever take it upon themselves to study it, quite unfortunate." As to the librarian, he gave a man a guided look. "You could say that, yes, but she certainly keeps her mysteries. Quite a helpful person to know if you need any bit of obscure text acquired, all the same.

    She's almost certain to be there, as will most everyone of influence on the campus."

    For a moment, Landing peered off down the hall at an empty expanse. Something was... odd. Not about any place open to normal visibility, elsewhere. He would have to look into it soon... foreign influence in the other realm was never beneficial to anyone.


    _____________


    From the lobby of the hospital, something can be seen at the end of a distant hall, only perceptible to those in the waiting room... which is strangely empty save for Niall's presence. A flicker of shadow, but something more tangible than normal, as if the entity moved without any trace of influence causing it.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    From the lobby of the hospital, something can be seen at the end of a distant hall, only perceptible to those in the waiting room... which is strangely empty save for Niall's presence. A flicker of shadow, but something more tangible than normal, as if the entity moved without any trace of influence causing it.

    Still sipping his coffee after discovering that his little obsession looked like it might get violent, Niall is surprised by what he sees down the hallway. So surprised in fact, that he drops his coffee causing it to spill all over his shoes and the floor.

    "Shit! But... shit..."

    He'd never expected that this little endeavor of his would bring him into contact with that which he has subconsciously always believed. He tries not to allow his excitement to interfere with his caution though. When he quickly gets up and moves towards what he saw, though he can't help but be conspicuous.

    Delmain on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "Suit yourself bro." Just like that, the untaken bottle is tossed to a nearby student in a fraternity shirt. He opens the other for his own use. "What's it about? Nothing at all man, just a get together for the end of the semester, what with finals winding down. Sides, can't hurt to keep lots of company around with what's been going on lately."

    "I see. Well, it certainly doesn't hurt to have gatherings once in a while I suppose. I'm going to go for a walk before the party. See you later."

    I walk away, and take a stroll around the block, and around the building. I take note of the windows, doors, fences, anything that might serve as an obstruction when there's a fight or a chase, just so there aren't any surprises for me if and when trouble breaks out. I also pay attention to any person I see, scrutinizing their aura for anything out of the ordinary or unusual.

    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Delmain wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    From the lobby of the hospital, something can be seen at the end of a distant hall, only perceptible to those in the waiting room... which is strangely empty save for Niall's presence. A flicker of shadow, but something more tangible than normal, as if the entity moved without any trace of influence causing it.

    Still sipping his coffee after discovering that his little obsession looked like it might get violent, Niall is surprised by what he sees down the hallway. So surprised in fact, that he drops his coffee causing it to spill all over his shoes and the floor.

    "Shit! But... shit..."

    He'd never expected that this little endeavor of his would bring him into contact with that which he has subconsciously always believed. He tries not to allow his excitement to interfere with his caution though. When he quickly gets up and moves towards what he saw, though he can't help but be conspicuous.

    Whatever it was, it seems to have vanished into thin air. The only possible path that the entity could have taken are a set of stairs leading to the second floor, marked as "Intensive Care" according to a plague on the wall.
    darksteel wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "Suit yourself bro." Just like that, the untaken bottle is tossed to a nearby student in a fraternity shirt. He opens the other for his own use. "What's it about? Nothing at all man, just a get together for the end of the semester, what with finals winding down. Sides, can't hurt to keep lots of company around with what's been going on lately."

    "I see. Well, it certainly doesn't hurt to have gatherings once in a while I suppose. I'm going to go for a walk before the party. See you later."

    I walk away, and take a stroll around the block, and around the building. I take note of the windows, doors, fences, anything that might serve as an obstruction when there's a fight or a chase, just so there aren't any surprises for me if and when trouble breaks out. I also pay attention to any person I see, scrutinizing their aura for anything out of the ordinary or unusual.
    There is an aura of magic in the air... it can't be pinpointed, but there is Awakened influence at play.

    The interior of the building seems to be well lit, with a number of rooms being used for more isolated get-togethers, judging from the number of windows giving off light. By comparison, only a handful are dark on the inside.

    The lobby has the largest number of students coming and going. If anything, the whole of the party seems to be taking place there.

    The popular lobby seems to be mainly accessible by the front doors. The side doors lead only to other dorms located on the sides. The halls could eventually lead to the lobby, but it would be a more time-consuming means of getting there.

    Outside are a handful of stragglers, mostly people drinking to avoid the heavier notice applied to the dorms. A scarce few students are abstaining from liquor, and are just talking, including a man holding a cell phone to his ear, though he isn't yet talking to anyone. He seems to be waiting on a response.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    "Splendid, it's such a niche interest these days. So few ever take it upon themselves to study it, quite unfortunate." As to the librarian, he gave a man a guided look. "You could say that, yes, but she certainly keeps her mysteries. Quite a helpful person to know if you need any bit of obscure text acquired, all the same.

    She's almost certain to be there, as will most everyone of influence on the campus."

    For a moment, Landing peered off down the hall at an empty expanse. Something was... odd. Not about any place open to normal visibility, elsewhere. He would have to look into it soon... foreign influence in the other realm was never beneficial to anyone.


    He turned and looked in the direction Mr. Landing had turned to. "Have a good day, sir. I hope to see you again soon."

    He walked out of the building. It was late and he was rather hungry from walking all over campus, but it was late enough that the cafeteria was most likely closed. Well, he would have to eat Hot Pockets again, he thought with disgust. He planned on getting his food, then retreiving his gun and maybe stopping by that party he'd been hearing about. If he didn't take his jacket off no one would even notice he had a gun, he would be able to socialize with the rest of the student body, and if whatever was responsible for the recent disappearances showed up he could be there to stop it.

    A smile crept across his face. It reminded him of a story his grandfather had told him about an arrest he had made.

    Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    From the lobby of the hospital, something can be seen at the end of a distant hall, only perceptible to those in the waiting room... which is strangely empty save for Niall's presence. A flicker of shadow, but something more tangible than normal, as if the entity moved without any trace of influence causing it.

    Still sipping his coffee after discovering that his little obsession looked like it might get violent, Niall is surprised by what he sees down the hallway. So surprised in fact, that he drops his coffee causing it to spill all over his shoes and the floor.

    "Shit! But... shit..."

    He'd never expected that this little endeavor of his would bring him into contact with that which he has subconsciously always believed. He tries not to allow his excitement to interfere with his caution though. When he quickly gets up and moves towards what he saw, though he can't help but be conspicuous.

    Whatever it was, it seems to have vanished into thin air. The only possible path that the entity could have taken are a set of stairs leading to the second floor, marked as "Intensive Care" according to a plague on the wall.
    Heh, a plague on the wall on the way to the intensive care unit.

    Figuring that if he wants to find out more about whatever this ghostly being is he's going to have to follow it, Niall looks around and tries to see if anyone is looking before heading up the stairs.
    Wits + Stealth (5d10.hitsopen(8,10)=2) this time to just try to blend in.

    Delmain on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alazull wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    "Splendid, it's such a niche interest these days. So few ever take it upon themselves to study it, quite unfortunate." As to the librarian, he gave a man a guided look. "You could say that, yes, but she certainly keeps her mysteries. Quite a helpful person to know if you need any bit of obscure text acquired, all the same.

    She's almost certain to be there, as will most everyone of influence on the campus."

    For a moment, Landing peered off down the hall at an empty expanse. Something was... odd. Not about any place open to normal visibility, elsewhere. He would have to look into it soon... foreign influence in the other realm was never beneficial to anyone.


    He turned and looked in the direction Mr. Landing had turned to. "Have a good day, sir. I hope to see you again soon."

    He walked out of the building. It was late and he was rather hungry from walking all over campus, but it was late enough that the cafeteria was most likely closed. Well, he would have to eat Hot Pockets again, he thought with disgust. He planned on getting his food, then retreiving his gun and maybe stopping by that party he'd been hearing about. If he didn't take his jacket off no one would even notice he had a gun, he would be able to socialize with the rest of the student body, and if whatever was responsible for the recent disappearances showed up he could be there to stop it.

    A smile crept across his face. It reminded him of a story his grandfather had told him about an arrest he had made.

    Along the way, several flyers can be seen around the campus advertising the get-together at the Epsilon Building, making explicit mention of free food and drinks.
    Delmain wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Whatever it was, it seems to have vanished into thin air. The only possible path that the entity could have taken are a set of stairs leading to the second floor, marked as "Intensive Care" according to a plague on the wall.
    Heh, a plague on the wall on the way to the intensive care unit.

    Figuring that if he wants to find out more about whatever this ghostly being is he's going to have to follow it, Niall looks around and tries to see if anyone is looking before heading up the stairs.
    Wits + Stealth (5d10.hitsopen(8,10)=2) this time to just try to blend in.


    The second floor is as quiet as the first. Not a person in sight... though the faint sounds of a pained individual can be heard off in the distance, from one of the adjacent rooms.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mr. Thurston limps out to the hall and casually waits for the officer to return. He doesn't seem to have noticed anything unusual from Joshua's movements.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    After what seemed to have been a wild goose chase, the officer returns, looking quite frustrated, and talking on a two-way radio with a static-encased voice. "No, no sign of the patient... just gone. There's two witnesses here who said they... hold on." As he approached the room, he looked to the older man. "Who'd you say took this guy again?"

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "I'm afraid I didn't see much, officer- the room went quite dark, and I went in to take a look. I guess I fell or got pushed- I went down to the ground in a puddle of blood for what seemed like a few seconds when the lights came back on, and then you found me."

    El Skid on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "That girl was still in the room when the lights went out, I'd guess it was her, I was a bit preoccupied though."

    Joshua looks down at the floor, sighing.

    "Sorry, had to take a call from my dormmate."

    Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "You'd better give me your names and some contact information while we investigate... whoever was behind this must have taken that girl for ransom. Poor kid." Like some girl would be able to get away with a full grown college student? The drugs these guys must have been on. He produced a notebook and a pen, and gave it to the old man. "Be thorough."

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "You'd better give me your names and some contact information while we investigate... whoever was behind this must have taken that girl for ransom. Poor kid." Like some girl would be able to get away with a full grown college student? The drugs these guys must have been on. He produced a notebook and a pen, and gave it to the old man. "Be thorough."

    "Of course!" Mr. Thurston provides his name- if Joshua takes the time to read over the officer's shoulder is:
    Joshua Thurston, ironically

    ...along with an address and phone number where he can be reached. "I'm sorry I couldn't be more help, officer. In my youth, I'm sure I could have delayed whoever it was that did this until you got back. Sorry to have let you down!" With that he goes to the washroom to get some paper towel- his suit was ruined, now.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Alazull wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    "Excuse me, I should get this call." The Professor rose from his desk and went to the hall, passing the third visitor as he opened his phone. "Yes? ...I see, it's about time we've had some visitors. Come to the hall later, and we'll discuss it in more detail. ... No, I haven't been told when we're meeting yet, but it will have to be soon. You should invite him, and any others. Right, best of luck, Ms. Fields." The cell phone was silenced as he went to the classroom, offering his visitors an apologetic expression.

    "My apologies, but something dire has come up... I'm afraid we'll have to arrange the course outline for another time. We have an open house of sorts planned for next week, an academic fair for those taking summer courses. Perhaps I might see you there?" Professor Landing turned to the third student with a gracious smile. "Ah, you must be Mr. Noble. It would be most beneficial for you to come to this fair, especially. Ms. Fields tells me you are most experienced in the... shall we say, natural sciences."

    "Natural sciences?" he replied. Figuring it as some kind of innuendo, he decided to play along. "Sure, you might call me interested in the natural sciences. I will try to make it to the fair. You know Ms. Fields well, I assume?"

    "Splendid, it's such a niche interest these days. So few ever take it upon themselves to study it, quite unfortunate." As to the librarian, he gave a man a guided look. "You could say that, yes, but she certainly keeps her mysteries. Quite a helpful person to know if you need any bit of obscure text acquired, all the same.

    She's almost certain to be there, as will most everyone of influence on the campus."

    For a moment, Landing peered off down the hall at an empty expanse. Something was... odd. Not about any place open to normal visibility, elsewhere. He would have to look into it soon... foreign influence in the other realm was never beneficial to anyone.



    "M. Landing. This was certainly... interesting. The occult. And natural sciences. Perhaps I shall attend this fair. But for now, I have seen flyers of a party.. And since I've heard a rumor that I'll only be young once, I believe I shall attend it. "

    Sky exits, gracing the professor and the two young men with a smile.

    Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The second floor is as quiet as the first. Not a person in sight... though the faint sounds of a pained individual can be heard off in the distance, from one of the adjacent rooms.

    Keeping an eye out for the ghost-shadow thing, Niall walks over to the room from which the sounds are emanating and listens for any voices before peeking inside.

    Delmain on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Delmain wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The second floor is as quiet as the first. Not a person in sight... though the faint sounds of a pained individual can be heard off in the distance, from one of the adjacent rooms.

    Keeping an eye out for the ghost-shadow thing, Niall walks over to the room from which the sounds are emanating and listens for any voices before peeking inside.

    There are no signs of ghosts or anything otherworldly, but there is a familiar person seated on a clear bed inside, treating a messy injury with a first aid kit and bandages.

    The girl from the flower booth can be seen bandaging what appears to be a bloodied midsection from a horizontal injury, inflicted by a bladed weapon.

    At the same time, she has an open phone braced against her shoulder. "I know... something bad came up. I'll get there soon.... agh." She cringed briefly while finishing the application, while looking up to the visitor.

    "You again.... you should get out of here, there's a crazy man running around with a sword-cane... I think he's some kind of killer."
    Manipulation + Persuasion
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2125044/

    6d10.hitsopen(8, 10) → [6,6,8,8,5,2] = 2 successes.

    _____________


    "Look, get out of there and get to Epsilon, I'll be waiting there." The man took that as his cue to end the call, going back to leaning against the dorm's exterior while watching the passing students. It was still active outside, but it wouldn't be for long.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Joshua silently writes down his name and contact information.
    If Mister Thurston is leaning over my shoulders he can see it.

    Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    There are no signs of ghosts or anything otherworldly, but there is a familiar person seated on a clear bed inside, treating a messy injury with a first aid kit and bandages.

    The girl from the flower booth can be seen bandaging what appears to be a bloodied midsection from a horizontal injury, inflicted by a bladed weapon.

    At the same time, she has an open phone braced against her shoulder. "I know... something bad came up. I'll get there soon.... agh." She cringed briefly while finishing the application, while looking up to the visitor.

    "You again.... you should get out of here, there's a crazy man running around with a sword-cane... I think he's some kind of killer."
    Manipulation + Persuasion
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2125044/

    6d10.hitsopen(8, 10) → [6,6,8,8,5,2] = 2 successes.

    "Holy crap! I need to get a doctor, you're hurt. I'll be right back, don't move!"

    Niall quickly turns back to the door and moves towards the hallway.

    Delmain on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    Joshua silently writes down his name and contact information.
    If Mister Thurston is leaning over my shoulders he can see it.

    "Okay, the two of you can get going. Be careful out there, I'll get in touch if we need anything." The officer moves out of earshot, and resumes talking to the person on the other line.

    "No. I didn't learn much. I'll give you their info if you want to ask them yourself. Yeah, I figured you would." Ending the communication, the officer decided to go call it a night. His replacement was supposed to be along any minute now.

    Delmain wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    There are no signs of ghosts or anything otherworldly, but there is a familiar person seated on a clear bed inside, treating a messy injury with a first aid kit and bandages.

    The girl from the flower booth can be seen bandaging what appears to be a bloodied midsection from a horizontal injury, inflicted by a bladed weapon.

    At the same time, she has an open phone braced against her shoulder. "I know... something bad came up. I'll get there soon.... agh." She cringed briefly while finishing the application, while looking up to the visitor.

    "You again.... you should get out of here, there's a crazy man running around with a sword-cane... I think he's some kind of killer."
    Manipulation + Persuasion
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2125044/

    6d10.hitsopen(8, 10) → [6,6,8,8,5,2] = 2 successes.

    "Holy crap! I need to get a doctor, you're hurt. I'll be right back, don't move!"

    Niall quickly turns back to the door and moves towards the hallway.

    "NO!" She got up in quick protest, a movement her pained reaction suggested a physical opposition to.
    "No... doctor, I can handle this. Just... get out."
    Casting Emotional Urging, attempting to make Niall fearful.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2125080/

    6d10.hitsopen(8, 10) → [7,1,9,7,8,4] = 2 successes, VS a Composure + Gnosis(if applicable) roll from Niall.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
Sign In or Register to comment.