Options

[IC] Mage: The Awakening | Higher Education

1235710

Posts

  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    darksteel wrote: »
    I barely dodge the blast of force. Fortunately for me, at this close a range, it would be easier to evade or turn aside any potential magical hurt that this man could lay on me. A small blessing, but one that may win me this little skirmish. I grip my stiletto, poising to strike.
    Attacking Maxwell = Strength(3) + Weaponry(3) + weapon modifier(1) = 2 successes. Subtract dice with defense as needed.

    EDIT: Oh wait, since I'm using a knife, you should probably roll another 1d10 for that since it's my weapon specialty.
    He has three defense, but subtracting only two due to your +1 bonus, so: two damage.

    The knife caught him in the shoulder, accompanied by a grimace as the blade dug home. "Not bad... I should know to take my own advice!" With the weapon still embedded in his skin, he took advantage of their proximity to thrust his own knife into the area that his sorcery failed to harm.
    Rolling Dexterity+Weapons, with a +1 due to knife fighting, subtracting two due to Claise's defense.

    4d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5,9,5,6] = (1)

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2134436/ One damage inflicted.
    Alazull wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    "Hm, I guess that's true... but they make us study the dead just as much as the living, it's not for the squeamish." She seemed willing to let the distraction go, judging by the smile that accompanied an outstretched hand. "Julia, second year. Are you from around here?"

    "No, I'm from Savannah, up Georgia way. Came down here because I wanted a bit of a change of scenery. How about you? Where abouts are you from?" He noticed out of the corner of his eye someone following the pair out the door, which he thought rather odd. Perhaps another member of their group? Or the actual suspect? It seemed odd, but he resolved to stay inside in case something were to happen here. The greater number of students were inside. And this student, Julia, was inside too.

    He'd let them go, because if they came back with impure intentions he'd send them away in body bags.


    "I'm a local. Not many of us in the area, so I'm not surprised." Still stirring the drink in her grasp, her line of sight also followed the two as they departed. "Creepy guy, not sure what she sees in him." Legality aside; the girl at his side had looked like a middle-schooler.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Ok, well... uh..."

    Niall tries to hold together while leaving the hospital and heading for his car. Once there, he fumbles with the keys for a second before getting the door open. Sitting down heavily, he puts his head down on the steering wheel for a moment before starting the car and driving home.
    Niall is going sleep-y by till tomorrow

    Delmain on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Same shit, different day. Ya know?" Lee replies, then tries to take the conversation in another direction. A direction involving hooking up with Steph.
    (Seduction) Manipulation 3d + Persuasion 2d = 5d 3 successes http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2134899/

    "Why don't we head inside for awhile?" Lee asks after awhile, hoping to find an empty room to have some fun in.

    Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    He has three defense, but subtracting only two due to your +1 bonus, so: two damage.

    The knife caught him in the shoulder, accompanied by a grimace as the blade dug home. "Not bad... I should know to take my own advice!" With the weapon still embedded in his skin, he took advantage of their proximity to thrust his own knife into the area that his sorcery failed to harm.
    Rolling Dexterity+Weapons, with a +1 due to knife fighting, subtracting two due to Claise's defense.

    4d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5,9,5,6] = (1)

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2134436/ One damage inflicted.

    I saw the switchblade sing through the air, seeking my vital parts. I had laxed for a moment after hitting him, savoring the sweet contact of steel on flesh. It was a mistake. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the blade attack an exposed portion of my body. I tried to dodge, but it was too late. The blade struck me in the side of my abdomen, tearing a hole through my shirt and leaving a deep gash. It would start bleeding soon.

    I grit my teeth and let out a small gasp of air, and smile. This was going to be a good fight. My attempt to dodge moved me to a position at his side. Trying to act before he could get his guard up again, I slash the knife in a wide upward angle.

    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »


    "I'm a local. Not many of us in the area, so I'm not surprised." Still stirring the drink in her grasp, her line of sight also followed the two as they departed. "Creepy guy, not sure what she sees in him." Legality aside; the girl at his side had looked like a middle-schooler.

    "You think they're together like that? Weird. So you're a local? What is their to do for fun around here, besides these college parties?" He took another pull off his beer. He casually looked around the room to see how crowded it was. Hopefully these kids got themselves good and wasted soon so he didn't have to be up until four in the morning watching over them.

    Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    darksteel wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    He has three defense, but subtracting only two due to your +1 bonus, so: two damage.

    The knife caught him in the shoulder, accompanied by a grimace as the blade dug home. "Not bad... I should know to take my own advice!" With the weapon still embedded in his skin, he took advantage of their proximity to thrust his own knife into the area that his sorcery failed to harm.
    Rolling Dexterity+Weapons, with a +1 due to knife fighting, subtracting two due to Claise's defense.

    4d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5,9,5,6] = (1)

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2134436/ One damage inflicted.

    I saw the switchblade sing through the air, seeking my vital parts. I had laxed for a moment after hitting him, savoring the sweet contact of steel on flesh. It was a mistake. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the blade attack an exposed portion of my body. I tried to dodge, but it was too late. The blade struck me in the side of my abdomen, tearing a hole through my shirt and leaving a deep gash. It would start bleeding soon.

    I grit my teeth and let out a small gasp of air, and smile. This was going to be a good fight. My attempt to dodge moved me to a position at his side. Trying to act before he could get his guard up again, I slash the knife in a wide upward angle.

    The knife was pulled from the wound in time to step aside from the wild slash, unable to withhold a chuckle as he dove forward with stab directed at an aerial arc. "Keep fighting like that, and you'll take away my fun!"
    4d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [3,4,3,[10, 7]] = 1 success, 1 damage inflicted.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2135264/


    "That's enough! If you keep this up, someone's going to get hurt!" Erika's outcry may as well have fallen on deaf ears for all the good it did.

    "That's the idea, love. Now shut up." He allowed the blood to linger on the knife after pulling it free. It would make a nice souvenir.
    Alazull wrote:
    "You think they're together like that? Weird. So you're a local? What is their to do for fun around here, besides these college parties?" He took another pull off his beer. He casually looked around the room to see how crowded it was. Hopefully these kids got themselves good and wasted soon so he didn't have to be up until four in the morning watching over them.

    "That guy's got no other need for girls... new one every week, at least. Some are into that type, I guess." She brought the cup up with a faux sip from the straw, though all she really did was nibble on the end in a thoughtful display. "If you're into academics, a lot. Sports, sure. If you strike those two off... not really, no."

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    "That guy's got no other need for girls... new one every week, at least. Some are into that type, I guess." She brought the cup up with a faux sip from the straw, though all she really did was nibble on the end in a thoughtful display. "If you're into academics, a lot. Sports, sure. If you strike those two off... not really, no."

    "Well, that's about what I expected," he said with a sigh. So Mr. Sweatshirt was a player, was he? Robert wanted to pump Julia for more information on the guy, but felt that doing so would ruin the mood. Besides, he knew the guy's face, he'd just look through the annuals to see if he couldn't find him there. "So, how are you liking the party?" It was a crap question, but he wanted to keep talking to her, and it definitely helped that anxiety from earlier.

    Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    The knife was pulled from the wound in time to step aside from the wild slash, unable to withhold a chuckle as he dove forward with stab directed at an aerial arc. "Keep fighting like that, and you'll take away my fun!"
    4d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [3,4,3,[10, 7]] = 1 success, 1 damage inflicted.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2135264/


    "That's enough! If you keep this up, someone's going to get hurt!" Erika's outcry may as well have fallen on deaf ears for all the good it did.

    "That's the idea, love. Now shut up." He allowed the blood to linger on the knife after pulling it free. It would make a nice souvenir.

    Another stab caught me, the pain lancing through my left side. It was all I could do not to cry out. I could still go on, but I knew I was reaching my pain threshold. This needed to end fast.

    "You should listen to your girlfriend. You're the one who'll lose tonight."

    I could see that this might require a different tack. This might be dangerous, but so was my opponent and his blade. If I do this right, I have a chance of ending this fight early. Focusing as hard as I can, I try and slip past his blade, trying to grab a hold of him.
    Attempting to grapple, Attempting to grapple. Strength(3) + Brawl(3) + spending willpower(3) - Maxwell's defense(3) = 2 successes. We are now grappling.

    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alazull wrote:
    "Well, that's about what I expected," he said with a sigh. So Mr. Sweatshirt was a player, was he? Robert wanted to pump Julia for more information on the guy, but felt that doing so would ruin the mood. Besides, he knew the guy's face, he'd just look through the annuals to see if he couldn't find him there. "So, how are you liking the party?" It was a crap question, but he wanted to keep talking to her, and it definitely helped that anxiety from earlier.

    "They're not really my thing... a friend asked me to come, and, well." She tilted the cup indicatively off towards a small group of boisterous sorority types. "She's busy. I should know better than to come to these stupid get-togethers."



    Elsewhere, a half-drunk male seems skeptical of the young woman trying to hit him up for info. "Already got one... but what you want to know, lady? Better yet, what're you offering?"
    *Addressed to Hermenegilde, continuation of a socialize attempt.

    darksteel wrote: »
    Another stab caught me, the pain lancing through my left side. It was all I could do not to cry out. I could still go on, but I knew I was reaching my pain threshold. This needed to end fast.

    "You should listen to your girlfriend. You're the one who'll lose tonight."

    I could see that this might require a different tack. This might be dangerous, but so was my opponent and his blade. If I do this right, I have a chance of ending this fight early. Focusing as hard as I can, I try and slip past his blade, trying to grab a hold of him.
    Attempting to grapple, Attempting to grapple. Strength(3) + Brawl(3) + spending willpower(3) - Maxwell's defense(3) = 2 successes. We are now grappling.

    "I don't need advice from girls." The grapple could prove to complicate matters, if it wasn't dealt with quickly. He reacted with a sudden forward motion, trying to both escape his assailiant's grasp and plunge the knife home once again.
    Attempting to break the grapple and stab with the knife.

    Strength+Brawl, subtracting Claise's strength leads to a chance roll:

    1d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5], no successes.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2135912/


    Erika seemed compliant... for the moment, but she would not let this continue until one of them was a corpse, especially if it left her with the stranger of the two. Her eyes wandered to the lighting of the Epsilon Building not far off... Maxwell would kill her if she did what she was considering, but if he was going to wind up dead... well, then what did it matter?

    "Same shit, different day. Ya know?" Lee replies, then tries to take the conversation in another direction. A direction involving hooking up with Steph.
    (Seduction) Manipulation 3d + Persuasion 2d = 5d 3 successes http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2134899/

    "Why don't we head inside for awhile?" Lee asks after awhile, hoping to find an empty room to have some fun in.

    "I guess, nothing happening out here." A careless fling of the cigarette into the grass, pausing only to look in the direction of the trio headed out into the woods. There was an odd sight.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "They're not really my thing... a friend asked me to come, and, well." She tilted the cup indicatively off towards a small group of boisterous sorority types. "She's busy. I should know better than to come to these stupid get-togethers."


    "Oh, that sucks. Well, I'm glad you did come otherwise I'd be bored out of my mind by now." He grinned at her again. Just then, he felt a nagging feeling at the back of his head. He looked around, something wasn't quite right here...
    Rolling for Perception: Wits (2) + Composure (2) = 4 dice
    4d10.hitsopen(8,10)=3 Success.

    Going to continue action assuming that I sense the spell cast outside, willing to retcon if need be.

    Someone had cast a vulgar spell, but it was outside of the building near the woods. He wanted to run outside and check on it, but at the same time he knew doing so could draw more Sleeper attention to the situation, and all his efforts with Julia would be wasted. Quickly, a plan formulated in his head. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his cell phone. Sliding it open, he made a surprised 'O' with his mouth.

    "Oh crap, look at the time. I've got to get going, told my roommate I'd give him a ride to his job. Idiot works the graveyard shift out at a truck stop." He deftly manuevered to the contact list. "I had a good time talking to you, do you think I could get your number and maybe we could go out for some coffee sometime?" He gave her a somewhat sheepish look and a smile. In all honesty, he was hoping for a positive answer to his question, but he was hoping for it soon. He needed to go as soon as possible to investigate this magic discharge.

    Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "I don't need advice from girls." The grapple could prove to complicate matters, if it wasn't dealt with quickly. He reacted with a sudden forward motion, trying to both escape his assailiant's grasp and plunge the knife home once again.
    Attempting to break the grapple and stab with the knife.

    Strength+Brawl, subtracting Claise's strength leads to a chance roll:

    1d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5], no successes.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2135912/


    Erika seemed compliant... for the moment, but she would not let this continue until one of them was a corpse, especially if it left her with the stranger of the two. Her eyes wandered to the lighting of the Epsilon Building not far off... Maxwell would kill her if she did what she was considering, but if he was going to wind up dead... well, then what did it matter?

    While locking limbs with my opponent, I can sense I have the advantage. He tries to bring some force to bear, but I can easily match that. Sweat was running down both of our brows. Time to end this. I take one straight look in his eye, and smile.

    Concentrating as hard as I can on my next move, I slide my free hand to snatch his weapon hand. Quickly, I twist the wrist in an attempt to dislodge his weapon.

    Luckily, I see the switchblade fly out of his hand as I do this. It falls to the ground harmlessly.

    "This fight is over. You've fought well and lost. Any further resistance would be foolish."

    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alazull wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "They're not really my thing... a friend asked me to come, and, well." She tilted the cup indicatively off towards a small group of boisterous sorority types. "She's busy. I should know better than to come to these stupid get-togethers."


    "Oh, that sucks. Well, I'm glad you did come otherwise I'd be bored out of my mind by now." He grinned at her again. Just then, he felt a nagging feeling at the back of his head. He looked around, something wasn't quite right here...
    Rolling for Perception: Wits (2) + Composure (2) = 4 dice
    4d10.hitsopen(8,10)=3 Success.

    Going to continue action assuming that I sense the spell cast outside, willing to retcon if need be.

    Someone had cast a vulgar spell, but it was outside of the building near the woods. He wanted to run outside and check on it, but at the same time he knew doing so could draw more Sleeper attention to the situation, and all his efforts with Julia would be wasted. Quickly, a plan formulated in his head. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his cell phone. Sliding it open, he made a surprised 'O' with his mouth.

    "Oh crap, look at the time. I've got to get going, told my roommate I'd give him a ride to his job. Idiot works the graveyard shift out at a truck stop." He deftly manuevered to the contact list. "I had a good time talking to you, do you think I could get your number and maybe we could go out for some coffee sometime?" He gave her a somewhat sheepish look and a smile. In all honesty, he was hoping for a positive answer to his question, but he was hoping for it soon. He needed to go as soon as possible to investigate this magic discharge.

    She seemed on the verge of brushing him off. Another hit and run, nothing new... and against better judgment, she recited a number. "It's my cell. I stay close to campus. Thanks for the company, Robert." A parting smile, and off she went to her friend's side, hoping to persuade her towards an early departure.
    darksteel wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "I don't need advice from girls." The grapple could prove to complicate matters, if it wasn't dealt with quickly. He reacted with a sudden forward motion, trying to both escape his assailiant's grasp and plunge the knife home once again.
    Attempting to break the grapple and stab with the knife.

    Strength+Brawl, subtracting Claise's strength leads to a chance roll:

    1d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5], no successes.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2135912/


    Erika seemed compliant... for the moment, but she would not let this continue until one of them was a corpse, especially if it left her with the stranger of the two. Her eyes wandered to the lighting of the Epsilon Building not far off... Maxwell would kill her if she did what she was considering, but if he was going to wind up dead... well, then what did it matter?

    While locking limbs with my opponent, I can sense I have the advantage. He tries to bring some force to bear, but I can easily match that. Sweat was running down both of our brows. Time to end this. I take one straight look in his eye, and smile.

    Concentrating as hard as I can on my next move, I slide my free hand to snatch his weapon hand. Quickly, I twist the wrist in an attempt to dislodge his weapon.

    Luckily, I see the switchblade fly out of his hand as I do this. It falls to the ground harmlessly.

    "This fight is over. You've fought well and lost. Any further resistance would be foolish."

    "You think that's all I've got? That's not even the start of what I can do to you, boy!" The man's laughter is also crazed as he continues to struggle, clutching his hands together while trying to break free once again.
    Making an attempt to break the grapple, and

    1d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5] = (0)

    failing miserably.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2136654/



    "Let him go." A soft voice intervened from the side, as Erika leveled an open palm with the superior grappler. "I don't want to kill you, but I will if you keep this up. Back off."

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Aaaaawww. Don't be like that. This is a party, so I want to party. Drink. Chat up to strangers. You should too. Unless you're the "sit-in-the-corner-watching-wishing-it-was-me" type. I'm from out of town, tell me about all the cool things happening around here."

    Sky flashes her dimples at him.

    Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    She seemed on the verge of brushing him off. Another hit and run, nothing new... and against better judgment, she recited a number. "It's my cell. I stay close to campus. Thanks for the company, Robert." A parting smile, and off she went to her friend's side, hoping to persuade her towards an early departure.


    He saved the phone number, and then calmly and quickly went outside. Once outside, he headed in the direction of the spell running. On the way over, he reached back and turned off the safety on the .357. He resolved to not use it unless necessary, but to have it ready just in case. He also pulled out his cell phone to call campus security.

    Arriving just in time to see the girl from earlier pointing her palm at the sweatshirt guy and the man who had followed them out, he heard someone pick up on the other side. He calmly whispered to the person that a fight had broken out in the woods near the Epsilon dorms, and hung up before receiving a reply. Afterwards, he walked out into view of all three of them, putting away his cell and then reaching with his right hand for his gun. "Freeze," he said with a commanding tone, "all of you get down and put your hands behind your back. I have a firearm and am not afraid to drop you right here and right now if I need to." He looked directly at the guy in the sweatshirt, "Pathetic, casting a vulgar spell with all these Sleepers around."
    Initiative: 1d10+4=8

    Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "You think that's all I've got? That's not even the start of what I can do to you, boy!" The man's laughter is also crazed as he continues to struggle, clutching his hands together while trying to break free once again.
    Making an attempt to break the grapple, and

    1d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5] = (0)

    failing miserably.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2136654/



    "Let him go." A soft voice intervened from the side, as Erika leveled an open palm with the superior grappler. "I don't want to kill you, but I will if you keep this up. Back off."

    Throughout the entire exchange of blows with this man, I had barely even noticed the girl. She didn't really fight, but now she was threatening me with an open palm. What sort of gesture was that? Could I have misread her and maybe she really is a mage of some sort? Whatever the case, she seemed truly devoted to this man...unhealthily so, considering his disposition, but devoted nonetheless. My purpose here wasn't to mess up a Sleeper's life. I break my hold on the man, quickly pick up the knife he dropped with my off hand, and point my own stiletto squarely at the direction of his throat.

    "I wouldn't get involved in this fight if I were you, girl. And you," I turn towards the man, "make any move, and I will use this again. Now, for some questions..."
    I'm gonna announce a delay action directed specifically towards Maxwell making any sort of movement, or if I see he's casting a spell with hand movements (this might need a roll of some sort for me to spot it though).

    Just as I was talking, I hear another person approach from behind us, shouting for us to get down. From what he said, it sounded like he had a gun. Police? Wait, did he just say Sleeper? Unconsciously, I sigh. Another mage. Well, at least this one could help. I keep pointing my stiletto though. No way was I leaving this man unguarded.

    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Aaaaawww. Don't be like that. This is a party, so I want to party. Drink. Chat up to strangers. You should too. Unless you're the "sit-in-the-corner-watching-wishing-it-was-me" type. I'm from out of town, tell me about all the cool things happening around here."

    Sky flashes her dimples at him.

    "Well hey, if you put it that way." The offered drink taken eagerly into his grasp, tossing the other drink into a nearby trash can. "Thanks, missy. Y'know I can't tell you a whole lot, though. Just the usual stuff, another day, 'nother championship." The student proceeds to down half the drink in one go. "Let me guess, sports ain't your thing." Looking her over again. "Business? No, psychiatry!" If he was getting drunker, he hid it well.

    Alazull wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    She seemed on the verge of brushing him off. Another hit and run, nothing new... and against better judgment, she recited a number. "It's my cell. I stay close to campus. Thanks for the company, Robert." A parting smile, and off she went to her friend's side, hoping to persuade her towards an early departure.


    He saved the phone number, and then calmly and quickly went outside. Once outside, he headed in the direction of the spell running. On the way over, he reached back and turned off the safety on the .357. He resolved to not use it unless necessary, but to have it ready just in case. He also pulled out his cell phone to call campus security.

    Arriving just in time to see the girl from earlier pointing her palm at the sweatshirt guy and the man who had followed them out, he heard someone pick up on the other side. He calmly whispered to the person that a fight had broken out in the woods near the Epsilon dorms, and hung up before receiving a reply. Afterwards, he walked out into view of all three of them, putting away his cell and then reaching with his right hand for his gun. "Freeze," he said with a commanding tone, "all of you get down and put your hands behind your back. I have a firearm and am not afraid to drop you right here and right now if I need to." He looked directly at the guy in the sweatshirt, "Pathetic, casting a vulgar spell with all these Sleepers around."
    Initiative: 1d10+4=8

    The response on the phone was short and to the point, wanting nothing more than a location once he heard the situation. A brusque "I'm on the way", and the man on the other end hung up.



    At the man's approach, the girl was quick to step away, and put a hand to her wounded side, with her open palm taking the form of a pointed finger at the man with the stiletto.

    "He attacked me! My boyfriend was just trying to protect me, and he went crazy!"
    Manipulation + Persuasion

    6d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5,1,4,4,3,2] = no luck.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2136786/


    It wasn't entirely untrue.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »

    "Well hey, if you put it that way." The offered drink taken eagerly into his grasp, tossing the other drink into a nearby trash can. "Thanks, missy. Y'know I can't tell you a whole lot, though. Just the usual stuff, another day, 'nother championship." The student proceeds to down half the drink in one go. "Let me guess, sports ain't your thing." Looking her over again. "Business? No, psychiatry!" If he was getting drunker, he hid it well.


    "Why would you say that ? I like sports. Watching them at least. And business is a passing interest as it relates to my true interest, politics...
    Let's not talk about work or studies. Surely you can tell me more interesting things, like where to go to have a good time, places to avoid..."

    Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »


    The response on the phone was short and to the point, wanting nothing more than a location once he heard the situation. A brusque "I'm on the way", and the man on the other end hung up.



    At the man's approach, the girl was quick to step away, and put a hand to her wounded side, with her open palm taking the form of a pointed finger at the man with the stiletto.

    "He attacked me! My boyfriend was just trying to protect me, and he went crazy!"
    Manipulation + Persuasion

    6d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5,1,4,4,3,2] = no luck.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2136786/


    It wasn't entirely untrue.

    He noticed she was hurt, but he wasn't taking any chances. "Get on the ground, now. I've called campus security and they are on their way now. You'll be aided once they arrive. As for you," he looked at the man with the stiletto, "drop the weapon immediately and get down."

    His hands were getting a little sweaty, and he was feeling extremely anxious. This was kind of a stupid gambit, and it would've been safer to just call security and stay back. However, since any of these three could be involved in the recent disappearances it was important that all of them stay alive for questioning. At the same time, he wasn't stupid. If the mage didn't stop he'd see if his magic was stronger than a bullet. Or, failing that, there were still thunderheads in the sky making a lightning strike seem somewhat likely.

    Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "You should do what he says. It's your lucky day. You might not have to die tonight." The man in former possession of the knife positions his hands behind his head, almost eagerly doing as asked, his eyes unmoving from the stiletto-wielder.
    Casting Sound Mastery.

    9d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5,9,6,6,9,3,7,4,8] = 3 successes.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2137501/

    Paradox Roll:

    2d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [7,4] = (0)

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2137504/

    No paradox is invoked.

    From within the building and without, the reverberating sound of loud, approaching sirens can be heard.

    "And I'd hurry up if I were you." The man continued to smile. This could still work to his benefit, if in unforeseen ways.

    "Why would you say that ? I like sports. Watching them at least. And business is a passing interest as it relates to my true interest, politics...
    Let's not talk about work or studies. Surely you can tell me more interesting things, like where to go to have a good time, places to avoid..."

    "You're off to a good start. Besides, that..." The music went dead as the party-goers became aware of the sirens. Within moments, drinks were tossed out, and a number of students began heading for the exits in haste. "Sorry, hit me up another time." The student decides to follow suit, and head for the back door.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mr. Thurston stripped carefully out of his ruined suit and steped into the shower.

    The nerve of that girl, casting vulgar magic in such a public place - right in front of a sleeper! Not to mention stealing souls... He couldn't remember the last time he'd pulled a weapon on someone who hadn't been specified to die. He also couldn't remember the last time he'd let someone get away once he'd drawn his sword.

    Hopefully she was alone in this- it should be easy to wrap things up now that he could recognize her. Something told him that this went deeper than just one deranged mage... Far deeper.

    El Skid on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "You should do what he says. It's your lucky day. You might not have to die tonight." The man in former possession of the knife positions his hands behind his head, almost eagerly doing as asked, his eyes unmoving from the stiletto-wielder.
    Casting Sound Mastery.

    9d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5,9,6,6,9,3,7,4,8] = 3 successes.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2137501/

    Paradox Roll:

    2d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [7,4] = (0)

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2137504/

    No paradox is invoked.

    From within the building and without, the reverberating sound of loud, approaching sirens can be heard.

    "And I'd hurry up if I were you." The man continued to smile. This could still work to his benefit, if in unforeseen ways.

    The sirens were getting closer and closer. Damn, what should I do? I didn't expect them to be this fast. Should I run away? No, that only made me look like a criminal. Now I could see students starting to come out of the dormitory. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't keep this up, not with this large a crowd. Reluctantly, I lower my right arm to my side. I don't put my stiletto away just yet, though. Hopefully, the man in the sweatshirt wouldn't try anything.

    I turn to speak to the newcomer mage. "It's clear I'm not the criminal here buddy. You know who did the spell that led you here in the first place."

    "I sincerely hope you're campus police. Otherwise, you're going to have a hard time explaining to that crowd why you're pointing a gun at three people."

    I knew I needed to slip away at some point, but doing it in front of a man wielding a gun and ready to use it was obviously not smart. I need to wait for the right time. On the other hand, if he realized I was on his side, the newcomer seemed like he could be a good ally.

    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This new arrival was still an unknown factor in the equation. Maybe he could be made to see reason, maybe not. She certainly had to try.


    "You're making a big mistake. You really should let us go." Erika continues to stand, not about to be pushed around by yet another assailant.
    Attempting to compel a sense of pity upon Robert with an Emotional Urging Rote.

    Spending a Willpower for an additional three die.

    9d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [7,6,1,8,7,[10, 9],5,3,9] = 4 successes.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2139441/


    Elsewhere, an approaching male continues to ignore the sirens during his approach to the building. It hadn't taken long to suspect something was up. The police wouldn't respond that quick if the campus was on fire.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    This new arrival was still an unknown factor in the equation. Maybe he could be made to see reason, maybe not. She certainly had to try.


    "You're making a big mistake. You really should let us go." Erika continues to stand, not about to be pushed around by yet another assailant.
    Attempting to compel a sense of pity upon Robert with an Emotional Urging Rote.

    Spending a Willpower for an additional three die.

    9d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [7,6,1,8,7,[10, 9],5,3,9] = 4 successes.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2139441/


    Elsewhere, an approaching male continues to ignore the sirens during his approach to the building. It hadn't taken long to suspect something was up. The police wouldn't respond that quick if the campus was on fire.
    Roll of Composure + Gnosis to resist: 3 dice 3d10.hitsopen(8,10)=2 Failed.
    Roll to disbelieve Sound Mastery: Intelligence (3) + Investigation (2) = 5 dice
    5d10.hitsopen(8,10)=2 Failed

    Looking at the girl approaching him, he did feel somewhat bad about this. For all he knew, she was telling the truth. After all, she looked so young. Robert shook his head firmly at her. Despite these feelings of pity he was having, he knew all the same she was most likely an associate of the sweatshirt wearing Mage. She could simply be trying to work him into dropping his guard long enough to let the guy get a shot or two off. Besides, if they really weren't doing anything wrong then a visit with campus security shouldn't frighten them.

    Speaking of security, what the hell were with these sirens? There was no way in the short few minutes since he called they had been able to muster up this much force to confront what was advertised as a fight. The noise made it so there would be more potential witnesses but at the same time he wasn't exactly brandishing a gun at the moment. He had to think of something and fast, things were getting really crazy really fast.

    Looking at her, there is a touch of sadness in his eyes, "I'm sorry miss, but since I don't know what was going on before I arrived I think you all three need to be taken in to security. This fight was too close to innocent people, and if it had gotten out of hand a lot of people could've been hurt or killed. If you haven't done anything wrong, I'm sure you'll be allowed to go shortly. Now would you please just sit with your hands up and nothing untoward has to happen."

    He looked over at the man still clutching his knife, "Listen, I have a concealed carry permit and as an American citizen it is my right to bear firearms. Besides, if either you or him try to attack me it will be pretty easy to classify it as self-defense. I'm just basically performing a citizen arrest on the three of you, and will allow security to sort everything out." It seemed odd that he would know anything of spells. Of course, he didn't know enough to understand that Robert couldn't know exactly who the spell had come from, but was rather operating under an informed opinion. Could this guy also be a Mage? Robert was quickly feeling out of his depth.

    Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Maxwell would just bide his time, and watch. If things went well, perhaps this situation would resolve itself. If not, well... there were other unseen advantages to make use of. Once the stiletto was directed elsewhere, he did as asked and lowered to the ground, but not without making an attempt to retrieve his lost weapon.
    Spending a willpower, attempting to retrieve the knife lost during the combat without being seen.

    Dexterity + Stealth

    6d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [5,6,[10, 4],5,7,8] = 2 successes.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2140290/

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The man managed to hide his knife at just the right time.


    A sparse number of fleeing students pass by, heading in no particular direction except away from the building.


    Shortly afterwards, a familiar man approaches from the opposite direction in casual streetwear, holding a badge in one hand and a Beretta in the other, leveled at the quartet.


    "Campus Security. Let me see your hands. All of you. No funny stuff." Three familiar faces. He knew what two of them were capable of, so he focused his attention on the unfamiliar of the four.
    Casting Supernal Vision on Robert.

    7d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → 10, 5],1,7,1,4,5,[10, 3 = 2 successes.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2141819/

    "Well, since we're all on the same wavelength, we can make this quick. Tell me what the hell's going on."


    The reactions from the assailed duo seem mixed. The girl, for one, seems cautiously relieved.

    The man seems as unreadable as ever with that continued smile, pocketing the weapon away without a trace.

    "You're actually worth something, Kendall. This man may have killed Erika had it not been for me." He tilted his head over in Claise's direction. "Bet that would've pissed off your little bookworm."

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    At first, the sight of officer Kendall relieved me, an ally coming right on time. But then,
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "You're actually worth something, Kendall. This man may have killed Erika had it not been for me." He tilted his head over in Claise's direction. "Bet that would've pissed off your little bookworm."

    I stand there, bewildered. Were this man and Kendall allies? Was I just being strung along by Kendall when he sent me here? My whole body was shaking, my eyes fluttering between officer Kendall, my previous opponents, and the man who interrupted our fight. Here stood three mages and the girl, all of which could potentially be my enemies. Suddenly, I felt like I was drowning. None of my training prepared me for this. I was scared, and I easily found fear in my own voice too.

    "W, wait...how do you...", my speech stutters clumsily, directed at officer Kendall.

    "Y, you know each other?! But how?"

    My stiletto is still in my hand, and my mind and body refuses to put it away. It was my only defense against these people, however small. That thought, at least, was still intact.

    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Robert raised his hand in the air, and gave a relieved sigh. Although he was suspicious of the fact that the man on the ground and the officer knew each other, he decided that the best thing to do was to play along. Besides, worse case scenario he still had his gun with him.

    "I came out here because I felt someone cast a vulgar spell out here, and when I came to investigate I found these three in the middle of a fight. That's when I called campus security, then attempted to stall them until you showed up. I thought maybe one of them could be the cause of the disappearances..."

    He thought for a while, and realized he should identify himself. However, considering he had just threatened the sweatshirted mage with a gun, he realized he might want to be cautious. His master had told him he should use a shadow name, but since he hadn't thought of one. What would be a decent choice? He thought back to earlier years, trying to pick something with significance...

    "You can call me Grimnir, by the way."

    Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "It was self-defense." The girl's attention stays upon the officer, ignoring the others for the moment. "If Max wasn't here, I don't know what would have happened. He must be drunk."

    Maybe there was still a chance of getting out of this. Above all, she just wanted the night to be over.



    "You must be new to town, 'Grimnir'. Next time try letting the locals know before getting mixed up in dangerous business." Against better judgment, Kendall's pistol was replaced at his side. "I'm not here to make judgments, and this isn't the time or place. There's a get-together tomorrow. It's not what you'd call an official meeting, but it'll have to do."

    He fixed Maxwell with a look before continuing. "Don't plan on your connections backing you up. If you're playing games again, I'll think up an explanation after handing your body over to the Professor."

    Turning to Claise, he continued. "He's with the Ladder. Political upstart. The girl's Mysterium, or so I guess. Works with Fields on her crazy projects most of the time."

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sky dislodges herself from the crowd of onlookers and walks up to the man who still had a white-knuckled grip on his knife.

    "Put that thing away it wont be useful now."

    "Officer, these man are bleeding pretty badly. Perhaps we should accompany them to the hospital, hhmmmm ? Maybe the boy with the gun, Grimnir?, could help us with that, that way you would still have him at hand if you wish to... question him further."

    Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Put that thing away it wont be useful now."

    A girl presented herself to our odd gathering, and I found her words strangely compelling. There was no threat now after all, with this big of a crowd, so I put my stiletto back in its sheath.
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "You must be new to town, 'Grimnir'. Next time try letting the locals know before getting mixed up in dangerous business." Against better judgment, Kendall's pistol was replaced at his side. "I'm not here to make judgments, and this isn't the time or place. There's a get-together tomorrow. It's not what you'd call an official meeting, but it'll have to do."

    He fixed Maxwell with a look before continuing. "Don't plan on your connections backing you up. If you're playing games again, I'll think up an explanation after handing your body over to the Professor."

    Turning to Claise, he continued. "He's with the Ladder. Political upstart. The girl's Mysterium, or so I guess. Works with Fields on her crazy projects most of the time."

    "I...I see."

    So they were Consilium mages. Relieved at this discovery, I try to regain my composure. However, I had committed a grave faux pas, one that I would have to pay reparation for, if I didn't want the Consilium breathing down my neck for the rest of my life. All because of my bad judge of character. I put that aside for now, and turned to officer Kendall.

    "A meeting tomorrow? For what? Will the Consilium finally move on the criminal?"

    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    darksteel wrote: »
    "Put that thing away it wont be useful now."

    A girl presented herself to our odd gathering, and I found her words strangely compelling. There was no threat now after all, with this big of a crowd, so I put my stiletto back in its sheath.
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "You must be new to town, 'Grimnir'. Next time try letting the locals know before getting mixed up in dangerous business." Against better judgment, Kendall's pistol was replaced at his side. "I'm not here to make judgments, and this isn't the time or place. There's a get-together tomorrow. It's not what you'd call an official meeting, but it'll have to do."

    He fixed Maxwell with a look before continuing. "Don't plan on your connections backing you up. If you're playing games again, I'll think up an explanation after handing your body over to the Professor."

    Turning to Claise, he continued. "He's with the Ladder. Political upstart. The girl's Mysterium, or so I guess. Works with Fields on her crazy projects most of the time."

    "I...I see."

    So they were Consilium mages. Relieved at this discovery, I try to regain my composure. However, I had committed a grave faux pas, one that I would have to pay reparation for, if I didn't want the Consilium breathing down my neck for the rest of my life. All because of my bad judge of character. I put that aside for now, and turned to officer Kendall.

    "A meeting tomorrow? For what? Will the Consilium finally move on the criminal?"

    "The meeting was more of a social get-together... but considering these turns of events, and all the new faces, I think we need to make this more of an official meeting."

    With the other woman's familiarity, Kendall seems content to figure her for yet another Mage. She soon gets an appraising look in regards to the hospitalization subject.

    "In my experience, checking them in is just going to cause more harm than good... in the long run. I would think these gentlemen are more than capable of treating themselves, and avoiding unwanted questioning. If they want to be checked in, I guess I could look into it."

    He didn't seem aware of the other girl's wounded state, as Erika had since opted to keep the injury's presence low-key.


    "I don't need a doctor for this scratch." Maxwell's hand brushes at the crimson wound as if it was just a trace of dust. "We've got things to do, and these kids have been in my way enough, so if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way."
    Manipulation + Persuasion
    5d10.hitsopen (8, 10) → [4,7,2,[10, 9],1] = 2 successes.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2142816/

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ignoring the boy's insolence, Sky arches an eyebrow at officer Kendall.

    "Well. You are letting them off the hook, Officer ? Isn't stabbing people a crime ? I've heard that one can actually die from that."

    Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "I don't adjucate in Awakened politics, miss. They both took their lumps, so I would hope they've learned their lesson not to handle their grievances in public. But if these two continue to draw undue attention upon these kinds of situations, I will intervene more directly next time. And none of you want that."

    Kendall looks directly to the wounded men in question.

    "Do I make myself clear?"

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    "I don't adjucate in Awakened politics, miss. They both took their lumps, so I would hope they've learned their lesson not to handle their grievances in public. But if these two continue to draw undue attention upon these kinds of situations, I will intervene more directly next time. And none of you want that."

    Kendall looks directly to the wounded men in question.

    "Do I make myself clear?"

    "Yes, quite clear officer. And don't worry about me miss," I said, turning to the newcomer, "these wounds aren't too serious."

    "So officer, where is this meeting of yours?"

    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "They're planning some kind of open house at one of the classroom buildings. Engineering, I think. Some of the professors are having a more... exclusive meeting there. It won't be hard to find out about. That's where you'll want to be. With any luck, we can straighten all this mess out by then."


    As Maxwell heads off, he slows only because of a look from Kendall, and an utterance in High Speech.

    It only gives him pause for a moment. He shakes his head and fades into the night, hands within his pockets as before.

    Erika hesitates, gives Claise a look, and then she is gone as well, in a direction differing from Maxwell's.


    "Kids." An exasperated sigh, followed by the igniting of a lighter. "You three be careful heading home." The officer wanders off as well, his departure marked by the fading glow of a lit cigarette.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Robert lit a cigarette, taking a long drag and letting it go. Well, he thought, at least no one died. He turned the safety of his gun back on.

    "Well, that certainly was interesting." He looked at Claise, "Sorry about holding you up like that, nothing personal. And as for you," looking at the newcomer, "I remember you from the classroom. Well, I suppose I'll see both of you tomorrow."

    He walked off still smoking, giving a resigned shake of his head and a sigh. At least he could get some sleep.

    Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "Well, I suppose it's goodbye until tomorrow, miss," I say to the last remaining person, the lady who had asked me to put away my knife.

    I take one last look at the figure of my previous opponent, which was quickly disappearing in the darkness of the street, and shake my head. I had been so sure. But it turned out I was wrong. Or was I? A Consilium mage was still perfectly capable of committing atrocities without being a Seer after all, and mages were nothing if not secretive of their activities. At any rate, he had an air of suspicion about him, and it drove me to fight. That's what I do best. The blood on my knife was proof of that. The blood...maybe I could use that somehow...

    Still, if the Consilium held any power here, I would be made to pay for what I did. I certainly don't relish the thought.

    I start my long trek back to my home, the cold wind making my wounds sting a little. Today was a day of firsts. I hoped tomorrow would be just as exciting, if a bit more fruitful.

    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    darksteel wrote: »
    "Well, I suppose it's goodbye until tomorrow, miss," I say to the last remaining person, the lady who had asked me to put away my knife.

    I take one last look at the figure of my previous opponent, which was quickly disappearing in the darkness of the street, and shake my head. I had been so sure. But it turned out I was wrong. Or was I? A Consilium mage was still perfectly capable of committing atrocities without being a Seer after all, and mages were nothing if not secretive of their activities. At any rate, he had an air of suspicion about him, and it drove me to fight. That's what I do best. The blood on my knife was proof of that. The blood...maybe I could use that somehow...

    Still, if the Consilium held any power here, I would be made to pay for what I did. I certainly don't relish the thought.

    I start my long trek back to my home, the cold wind making my wounds sting a little. Today was a day of firsts. I hoped tomorrow would be just as exciting, if a bit more fruitful.

    "Kid, you seem out of your depth. Maybe you should let me help you."

    Sky smiles softly at him.

    "At least accompany me off campus, I hear it isn't safe at night around here. By the way, my name is Sky, Sky Erikson."

    Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "Kid, you seem out of your depth. Maybe you should let me help you."

    Sky smiles softly at him.

    "At least accompany me off campus, I hear it isn't safe at night around here. By the way, my name is Sky, Sky Erikson."

    I had started walking already, but she called back. I turn my head to look at her, rubbing my eyes a little while doing so.
    Casting Supernatural Perception = 3 successes.

    "Lady, you're a mage. If there was something that wanted to hurt you, you'd probably be more prepared to handle it than I am. I don't mean any offense, but I think I've had enough of you Awakened for this one night, thank you very much."

    I begin to walk again, but remember that she did tell me her name. The least I could do was tell her mine.

    "I'm Claise Septimus, by the way," I call back while walking.

    darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Independent Alligator

    June 13, 2009


    Front Page Headline

    Stephen Lewis, Staff Writer
    Gainesville, FL


    Police are still investigating reports of a false alarm outside the Epsilon Building over the course of the prior weekend. Early claims suggested that the building had been on fire, and others reported seeing armed students caught up in several disagreements on campus grounds.

    Campus police have yet to prove any of these claims true, and ask students to refrain from furthering rumors, or adding to existing ones.

    At the time of this article, no damage has been reported to the Epsilon Building or campus grounds. Campus police remind students with any information regarding these events to notify them immediately.


    _____________


    Campus News - Stub


    The third annual Gainesville Academic Teaching and Orientation Rally will be held all week from now until Friday at the Political Sciences Building. Students expressing an interest in pursuing new majors or courses of study are invited to attend, as well as any seeking new forms of employment within the University. Staff openings are limited, but there are select availabilities to those who arrive early.

    In addition, there will be a faculty and staff luncheon on the second floor of the Political Science Building, by invitation only. This will be a casual-formal affair, and visitors and attendees will be expected to dress accordingly.




    _____________



    Classifieds


    The friends and family of Alan Reynolds offer a reward for any information leading to his whereabouts. Alan was last seen at the Gainesville Medical Center.
    Included is contact information through both e-mail and telephone to the parents of Alan.



    _____________



    The Political Sciences building is known to be just as popular for work as it is for study. Several local politicians use the area as grounds for rallies, fundraisers, and even offices for their personal use.

    It is known that most of these offices are located on the upper levels, with the classrooms located on the ground floor.

    This is also the area being used for the ongoing rally, from sunrise to late evening.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
Sign In or Register to comment.