As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragonica: Paris Strikes Back] Improved EXP gain! Finally!

• Options
    XanathusXanathus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't see anything wrong with transferring the game client over, but it's probably better to copy over the installation file and install it properly.

Xanathus on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Started playing this. EU server.
    Who's an acolyte? I can't find the class branch here
    http://dragonica.barunsoninter.com/guide/library_2.aspx

Fuga on
  • Options
    MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Monks/Priests are Acolytes/Oracles.

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Online now, PikaPuff, lvl 16 kaye channel 4

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ArfortArfort Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm a level 12 magician on Kaye. I'd really like to your the PA guild. Who do I contact to do so?

Arfort on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Arfort wrote: »
    I'm a level 12 magician on Kaye. I'd really like to your the PA guild. Who do I contact to do so?
    see OP.

Aldo on
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Been trying for a few days to get into the guild now. =P

I'm currently grinding the big bad wolf for the medals, I want to see if they have any bonus stats on them. Nice bonus is all the soul that I'm getting. If anyone wants to grind up a low level character, send Trina a tell in game.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I just now discovered that the 'achievements' can be worn and give stat boosts (lvl 10 atm). Ehhh. Should've explored the journal earlier.
    Anyway, which version do most of you play? iah or thq, and is it still in beta with wipes incoming?

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    iah, no wipes.

unfortunately it seems that the game is not capable of holding one's interest for very long. I wonder what other people's reasons for quitting are? For me it's just a little too much like a grind MMO with more fun combat. The lack of meaningful patches is also grating, especially when you call it a beta.

Aldo on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    im starting to get a little ehhh on this game too. i never noticed the grind in lower levels, but grinding to 25 was awful. not nearly as bad as almost every other free mmo mind you, but when you cant go to any new maps while a certain level it does tend to grate the nerves. also: so much lag

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I gave up a week or so ago. Never saw any guild officers on so I had nobody to chat with. The community is horrendous as you would expect. The combat is novel at first but it actually becomes just as monotonous and boring as other korean grind MMOS due to lack of any real depth that emerges in the combat and the leveling pace that quickly goes from "beatemup awesome" to "oh my god grindy grind grind". Increasing focus on cash shop and cash shop features whilst removing corresponding free things from the game, all the while not really doing anything to balance and add to the actual game. Lame quest design with unmotivating rewards. Game world comprised essentially of one long linear line so you have no choice where to go to play and even if you did it would be the same shit. Continued lag and stability issues have been the cherry on top.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    DrakenhawkDrakenhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Anyone else getting the "Wrong version" error when trying to log on? Thought I'd pop in for a little bit...and yeah, can't play.

Drakenhawk on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So everyones quit this already? I was gonna try it.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Nah, me and "Flecko" are usually online.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    im starting to get a little ehhh on this game too. i never noticed the grind in lower levels, but grinding to 25 was awful. not nearly as bad as almost every other free mmo mind you, but when you cant go to any new maps while a certain level it does tend to grate the nerves. also: so much lag

Same here, even though the level cap is 60 right now I've seen reports that 100 might be the last cap. As it stands the grind to 25 was already getting old I can't imagine doing it for 75 more levels. If the combat and skill trees had more depth it would mask the grind a lot better.

WillisIVIIX on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Nah, me and "Flecko" are usually online.
    Yeah I've noticed you two have been gaining levels steadily. Post here when you guys are close to 30 and I'll come back to play. I've been holding off on this game to stop getting sick of it and to wait for guildies to level up so we can play together.

There should be a max of or at least 100 levels since there's a medal for reaching level 100.

Xanathus on
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Battlemage is level 23 now. I'm playing right now.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Umm, I just pushed our guild EXP to 653/650 (100.00%). Why isn't the guild at level 2?

Don't tell me a leader or deputy needs to hit a level up button?

Xanathus on
  • Options
    MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Xanathus wrote: »
    Exactly that!

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Mumblyfish wrote: »
    Xanathus wrote: »
    Exactly that!

Sending a PM to Infidel should be enough. He's probably phallaing anyway.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff I get home when the server goes down. 5 hours until it's up.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just a bit of info, it looks like the THQ closed beta has started up again, and they did not do a wipe from the preview test, but there will be a wipe before open beta.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Just a bit of info, it looks like the THQ closed beta has started up again, and they did not do a wipe from the preview test, but there will be a wipe before open beta.

yeah, all my characters from before are still there

more time to get attached to them before they get wiped, I guess

gurusloth on
  • Options
    Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

I was never really clear on what was happening with THQ, Before I started playing on IAH I think I applied for some beta at least twice. I assume right now there is some playable version of the game going with limited invites being sent out? that's the impression I got from the somewhat cryptic emails and myriad forms I recieved from them.

Though it's moot at this point, I'm liking IAH

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    it's up! finallllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

and it's time for bed

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fleck0 wrote: »

I was never really clear on what was happening with THQ, Before I started playing on IAH I think I applied for some beta at least twice. I assume right now there is some playable version of the game going with limited invites being sent out? that's the impression I got from the somewhat cryptic emails and myriad forms I recieved from them.

Though it's moot at this point, I'm liking IAH

It's kind of even more complicated than that. I got an email saying I was in the beta and there was a new client available, though it is completely possible to use the preview beta client and upgrade it to the closed beta (It's just not reccomended according to THQ). So i dunno, maybe you can stil get if if you come from the preview beta update.

Nonetheless, I'm back on THQ - the lag and network quirks on IAH were just too much for me. Ah, how it feels good to actually have your aerial spin actually hit all the time...

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    suprise I got my THQ invite today. I know I said I was happy with IAH but least I can do is give it a go, so like all the other version I'll be on as Flecko at some point tonight most likely

edit: played to about lvl 10... THQ was as laggy if not worse than IAH, which is strange O_o

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Sry to double post, we need someone who has authority in the guild to log in and advance it to lvl 2

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I signed up for the THQ one...heres hoping i get in.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh God Aerial Frenzy is so useful on the THQ servers. Also, the Gada Coin rewards! And you can revive during Mission Maps! Praise be!

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    They announced yesterday that the IAH version would be blocking IPs soon, although they mention that existing accounts won't be affected. I'm not sure how that's really going to work out.

Arfort on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    arggghble

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    why don't you play in the gpotato one, probably still less lag than in your current ones.

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    They announced yesterday that the IAH version would be blocking IPs soon, although they mention that existing accounts won't be affected. I'm not sure how that's really going to work out.

It works like this, I haven't been able to log on since Sunday :?

Drakenhawk on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Drakenhawk wrote: »

I'm from Canada and I haven't had problem connecting. Which zone are you from? I assume THQ's version includes Canada as well as the US so I figure I'll be getting the boot soon too.

Arfort on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    http://dragonica.iahgames.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?id=99
    Home > News
    IP Verification System Upcoming
    02 Jul 2009

Dear Gamers,

Under recommendation from developers Barunson Interactive, an IP verification system similar to that implemented in other Dragonica services will shortly be installed in the IAHGames Dragonica game service for purposes of ensuring fair representation of Licensee Territories.

* Existing game accounts will not be affected by this implementation.
    * Gamers who do not belong to any Licensed Territory will not be affected.
    * IAH Gamers traveling outside of our Territory may verify and register their current IP before being cleared for log-in to the Dragonica servers.

Barunson and IAHGames will concentrate on working hand-in-hand to provide a better game and service to all IAH Gamers.

IAHGames

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Drakenhawk wrote: »

I'm from Canada and I haven't had problem connecting. Which zone are you from? I assume THQ's version includes Canada as well as the US so I figure I'll be getting the boot soon too.

USA. I was using the IAH and on Sunday I started getting a "Wrong Version" error when I tried logging in. I've uninstalled it already. It was a fun game, but I didn't see me sticking with it long. Especially when the grind hit.

Drakenhawk on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah I'm in Hawaii and no prob logging in.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    CrapfestivalCrapfestival Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    Oh God Aerial Frenzy is so useful on the THQ servers. Also, the Gada Coin rewards! And you can revive during Mission Maps! Praise be!

The gada coin rewards I remember being better on THQ. But Aerial Frenzy I only had a problem hitting with when IAH first opened (Since then having had none, being a level 30 Jester) and reviving during missions maps I've always been able to do.

Crapfestival on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Coldbrand wrote: »

The gada coin rewards I remember being better on THQ. But Aerial Frenzy I only had a problem hitting with when IAH first opened (Since then having had none, being a level 30 Jester) and reviving during missions maps I've always been able to do.

I ALWAYS had problems with Frenzy - I said it before, but the only enemies I could hit regularly with them were the bats and the jellyfishes. Anything else was a complete crapshoot.

The THQ version doesn't have that problem. I know that's mostly because it's the NA version and there's not much lag at all, but still. IAH screw up my timing, and what I've heard of gpotato is that the localisation is the absolute worst, so yeah, guess I'm staying close to home.

Dac Vin on