As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragonica: Paris Strikes Back] Improved EXP gain! Finally!

• Options
    CrapfestivalCrapfestival Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    Oh God Aerial Frenzy is so useful on the THQ servers. Also, the Gada Coin rewards! And you can revive during Mission Maps! Praise be!

The gada coin rewards I remember being better on THQ. But Aerial Frenzy I only had a problem hitting with when IAH first opened (Since then having had none, being a level 30 Jester) and reviving during missions maps I've always been able to do.

I ALWAYS had problems with Frenzy - I said it before, but the only enemies I could hit regularly with them were the bats and the jellyfishes. Anything else was a complete crapshoot.

The THQ version doesn't have that problem. I know that's mostly because it's the NA version and there's not much lag at all, but still. IAH screw up my timing, and what I've heard of gpotato is that the localisation is the absolute worst, so yeah, guess I'm staying close to home.

That's odd, as again, I've not had any real problems using frenzy, save for just around launch. I've very reliably been able to hit with it and rack up easy combos. Perhaps I've just got a better connection than I realize?

Crapfestival on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ugh, fuck this shit. So now all versions are going to block IPs, only gPotato is nice about it and allows cheating. If i weren't so frikkin' bored with this game I would be moving to gPotato by now.

Why must they make this so difficult for their players. :|

Aldo on
  • Options
    MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It sounds like IAH's IP block is exactly the same as gPotato's. Log in to their website and click the box that says "Yeah, I'm totally from... whatever country. I'm just visiting my grandma. Abroad. For a few years."

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    wth thq summon

2viikx3.jpg

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    XanathusXanathus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    YEAAAAAAHHH

Xanathus on
  • Options
    ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    HOW DO I MATCH COLORS GUYS

BOY ORANGE AND BLONDE SURE DO LOOK NICE, AND LET'S MAKE THE STRIPE MAROON

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I like this game, but am on the only server available for the latest beta signers in NA.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    cowmeetcowmeet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So at level 24 as a gladiator, i'm stuck doing 4 star bearded coast mission maps for awhile. They need more quests in this game in order for people to stick around.

Also, 1 handers for gladiators would be great, i'm still using the blaze sword I got at like level 17 because combos are so much easier to obtain with it.

cowmeet on
    60555833fo7.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    cowmeet wrote: »
    So at level 24 as a gladiator, i'm stuck doing 4 star bearded coast mission maps for awhile. They need more quests in this game in order for people to stick around.
    Quests are the worst thing to ever happen to RPGs. What the game needs is scaled experience so that monsters in an ~lv35 area don't give more experience than monsters in a ~lv50 area, necessitating playing in the ~lv35 area forever, and ever, and ever, and ever...

Not that this will affect you, because you're going to quit as soon as you realise you picked an awful class and that you'll get kicked out of any remotely competent party the moment a mage asks for an invite. I give you until lv30, tops.

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ok so apparently onRPG is giving away beta keys for THQ version of this game. So yeah, theres like 900 left GO GET THEM!

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    no one cares

sorry just a little burned that the guild leader never logged in to level up the guild or anythin

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    no one cares

sorry just a little burned that the guild leader never logged in to level up the guild or anythin

Ok well thats nice...thanks for the input? o_O For those of us that havn't played, and/or want to play on the THQ server instead of the IAH one this is good news though.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i grabbed a key of course. i wonder what i should try for thq

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I'm going for Ranger or something...or Hunter, something with a bow. I havn't finished downloading yet though.

Elimination on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    no one cares

I'm burned out that no one logged in and noticed that it was leveled a bit ago! :P

The multiple versions and region bullshit and just meh killed the interest I had.

And no one else was online when I was hanging out and leveling the guild so I couldn't find a victim to make gleader.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    oh. WELL THEN.

I'm going for Ranger or something...or Hunter, something with a bow. I havn't finished downloading yet though.
    So I had a 29 ranger. they're ok. but my main attacks was archer's pop up followed by archer's anti air shot. it's pretty good. the ranger skill i used was gatling rush. that skill is actually pretty good, but that's pretty much all the ranger has that's good. the third class, balista, i hear is pretty much crap, unfortunately, but people are still playing with it.

hunter on the other hand, gets some temporary stat up skills, and wolf rush is great in PvM and PvP. and their third class, trapper is apparently godly in PvP. but i've never played one.

I was thinking making a ranger myself this time around.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    oh. WELL THEN.

So I had a 29 ranger. they're ok. but my main attacks was archer's pop up followed by archer's anti air shot. it's pretty good. the ranger skill i used was gatling rush. that skill is actually pretty good, but that's pretty much all the ranger has that's good. the third class, balista, i hear is pretty much crap, unfortunately, but people are still playing with it.

hunter on the other hand, gets some temporary stat up skills, and wolf rush is great in PvM and PvP. and their third class, trapper is apparently godly in PvP. but i've never played one.

I was thinking making a ranger myself this time around.

Well the THQ version here has absolutely no lag what so ever.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    wait i meant hunter. i wanted to make a hunter this time around

and fleck0 said THQ was laggier than IAH when he played

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    wait i meant hunter. i wanted to make a hunter this time around

and fleck0 said THQ was laggier than IAH when he played

Weird, it is completely lagless for me. I didn't get even 1 spot of lag, not even a second and i played till i was lvl 7.

Elimination on
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I can verify the lack of lag on the THQ servers, at least for me (I live in the Minnesota)

gurusloth on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    going on right now if anyone wants to join me

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ive run up a magician to 18 on the THQ server and there is the occasional second or two lag. It may not be as horrible as people may have experienced on other servers but its there.

In any case this game has held my interest FAR longer than maple story could even think about doing. I just need to get a wireless adapter for my 360 controller and I think ill be in heaven.

And what the hell is up with being chain stunned to death? The only times ive died is because of the boss and mini boss just kept doing stunning attacks over and over after they hit me once or because I got caught in a 10 second whirlwind and every time I got back up I got hit again D:

Blood Drive on
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think I'm going to wait for the THQ to go open beta. The IAH version runs fairly smooth, but THQ just feels like heaven in comparison. Battlemage was loads of fun, think I'll try an acolyte next.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    My characters name in game is Avian on the THQ server. If anyone wants to add me. Though im still playinf SMT Imagine more than this.

Elimination on
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I tried a Thief on the IAH server. I definitely like the style of the game.

Are people still playing on IAH, or should I just get the THQ version and play that?

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Enig wrote: »
    So I tried a Thief on the IAH server. I definitely like the style of the game.

Are people still playing on IAH, or should I just get the THQ version and play that?

THQ is the north american publisher, so if you live in NA its probably a good idea.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    15 Archer>Hunter, PikaPuff
    1 Magician>?, Watafu

I'll probably work on my hunter again in 30 min or so

edit- uh so i hear this THQ server will be wipes on the 15th for the open beta. or something

edit2- so i made a new warrior if the server's gonna wipe anyways. name is AnimeName.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    15 Archer>Hunter, PikaPuff
    1 Magician>?, Watafu

I'll probably work on my hunter again in 30 min or so

edit- uh so i hear this THQ server will be wipes on the 15th for the open beta. or something

edit2- so i made a new warrior if the server's gonna wipe anyways. name is AnimeName.

Yeah i've been making random characters too once i read this, just to try them.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The only classes you can really get a "feel" for that way are the Warriors, since they use their lowbie skills until the end of time because their second class skills suck.

Every other second class ditches most or all their first class skills ASAP. They don't play anything like their first class.

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    my ranger still used raising shot/antiair shot while waiting for gatling rush

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Made an Archer on Kaye named Suluk.

This is actually really damn fun when you set up your gamepad and what not.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    yeah i like grinding in it if i forget that it's a waste of life

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Wish maintenance wasn't during US prime-time.

Oh well. I'm having fun with my Archer, but how do you get S rank solo? I've only been able to get it in groups.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    (combo - damage) > 20 is the most simple/incorrect of guidelines.
    > 15 A
    > 10 B
    > 5 C
    D

note melee (theif/war) is (combo - damage/2)

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The damage is the amount of hits taken, right? Also, combo points occur at every 30 "combo-interval" (30,60,90), yeah?

So basically you just have to make sure you minimize the amount of hits you take, while getting good combos at the same time.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    yeppo. combos are 30=1, 60=3, 90=6, 120=10, 150=15

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So do the people that have the rights to invite to the guild still play?

I've been trying to contact someone, but everyone seems to be either nonexistent or offline.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What server are you on? I stopped playing IAH at the moment and I'm currently waiting for THQ's open beta.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    IAH, Kaye server.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was enjoying this pretty immensely up on IAH until about 28-30; the xp curve versus mob experience just goes to hell after that point, and even with 1.5x multipliers you're basically stuck on one mission map for days until you hit 35ish.

I heard of the few 60s that do exist, the playtime logged was something like 600+ hours, which is insane. It's too bad the midgame content isn't more varied (and the xp curve goes to shit), but I'll probably hop on THQs version once the open beta hits there and see if the progression there is more sane.

Also, the concept of friend list-wide chat channels needs to die in a fire.

flammiebc on
    Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC