Options

[Dragonica: Paris Strikes Back] Improved EXP gain! Finally!

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    BTW if you want to level fast running missions for loot/exp is the way to go. Dunno if youve noticed but quests give negligible exp, like killing a few monsters, and in a mission you'll kill like 70+ monsters a level in a few minutes because of the way the game plays

though this may change, the exp rate from monsters seems damned high to me atm

The experience curve is artificially inflated for the PBT, apparently. Monsters are intentionally giving more than quests or something like that.

Whatever the exact changes are, it's not what release is supposed to be. But I wouldn't be surprised if monster farming is better to level, since destroying mass amounts of creatures is kinda the point of the game! It's satisfying.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    in game name: zanif. invite me to the guild!

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Also, xpadder still not working for this game. WOrks for other programs though :(

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Also, xpadder still not working for this game. WOrks for other programs though :(

If you're running Vista/Windows 7, set it to Windows XP compatibility mode and run it as administrator.

Tada.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Infidel wrote: »

If you're running Vista/Windows 7, set it to Windows XP compatibility mode and run it as administrator.

Tada.

Windows 7 and did exactly that. Still no dice :/

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Tada.

Xpadder is sending keys to all other programs/notepad/etc.?

If you got the gamepad working in Windows 7 and xpadder is using it, the above should be enough. I assume Dragonica is also running itself as administrator?

edit: oh, and shutdown both programs and start xpadder then Dragonica, if you run xpadder the first time with Dragonica open then it doesn't seem to work period (this is what happened to me at first until I found out I had to quit the game and deal with the login again)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Tada.

Xpadder is sending keys to all other programs/notepad/etc.?

If you got the gamepad working in Windows 7 and xpadder is using it, the above should be enough. I assume Dragonica is also running itself as administrator?

edit: oh, and shutdown both programs and start xpadder then Dragonica, if you run xpadder the first time with Dragonica open then it doesn't seem to work period (this is what happened to me at first until I found out I had to quit the game and deal with the login again)

Xpadder works in notepad fine. Both programs are running as administrator and xpadder in compat mode. I'll try starting up xpad first.

king awesome on
    Bigsushi.fm
  • Options
    aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    While playing this windowed has its charm, I'd like to you know, make use of my 1680x1050 resolution to get rid of all the interface clutter in the teeny-tiny 1024x768 window.

Oh, and add a queue system. Seriously, are we still stuck in the late 90s here?

Bitching aside, I liked what I played. Played a Warrior to lvl 4, I think. I'll make a Magician or Archer after I manage to log back in.

aunsoph on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    aunsoph wrote: »
    While playing this windowed has its charm, I'd like to you know, make use of my 1680x1050 resolution to get rid of all the interface clutter in the teeny-tiny 1024x768 window.

Running windowed and detaching the chat window (click the box icon on the right side of the chat buttons) gives it a widescreen worth of windows. I run 1680x1050 as well and it suffices. Not having to alt-tab means I don't get disconnected as easily which is super important the way the game is right now.

With the detached window, it's a little cumbersome because you can't set a default channel afaik, so you have to type /f or /g to send to friends/guild each time, but it does split up your system/loot messages from all the chat ones making it easier to keep up with the PA chatter, and this frees up some space on the game window.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    you can play full screen but it's still low res

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm away for ~24 hours, so if anyone wants to set up a guild, feel free to do so.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    I'm away for ~24 hours, so if anyone wants to set up a guild, feel free to do so.

Mail me your 5 gold, founder. :winky:

And what do you fancy for a guild name?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Get online Inf so we can make the guild

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'm at work, I'm a filthy Canadian.

Be on in like an hour and a bit, Allah willing.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I am on the THQ version (I really dont know what versions everyone is on)

IGN - Haruspex level 4 Archer.

Also to whoever posted the gamepad layout they used, so much awesome, and thanks.

omega71 on
  • Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hm, first translating error so far:

k4c9qv.jpg

Heh. I suspected people might not have gotten that far when they said there was no Engrish. Some of the other quests in that area are a bit dodgy with the translation as well (though none of the others have been that bad).

This game is most definitely good times though.

I'm on as Alanna the warrior.

seasleepy on
    Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The game is pretty fun so far but I had to rebind keys to an WASD layout so I wouldn't go insane >.>

Does anyone know how the market system works? I can't seem to get it to work.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Which market system are you referring to exactly?

And gamepad is where it's at, seriously. 8-)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Inf, i have xpadder running and sorted my keybinds but it wont work in game. any ideas?

nvm workign now, very odd

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Protip: if your gamepad stops working suddenly, see if you pressed "enter" and are in chat mode. :lol:

Happens to me now and then.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Alright, guild is up!

Name is Arcadians (name limit of 10 characters???) and our emblem is a rhino.

Message Infidel or Adda for an invite at the moment.

edit: still taking gold donations, not only did I spend almost all my gold to make up the missing bits for guild founding, but we also need another 10 gold to purchase the level 1 guild skill! D:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    From the videos this game is giving off a RBO kind of vibe, I may try it out once the installer downloads. Can't decide between Magician>Acolyte or Warrior or Thief... Damn!

Tyberius on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    One big thing you guys should understand is this is... well it's not an open beta, supposed to be a 'Preview Beta'. Come June 4th-June 10th the other two companies hosting the game for english users will start their Open Beta Tests.

And to CripTonic: You can only access the Market while in the town.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    EZEZ Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So what company is everyone actually going with? I think the THQ ICE version is the north american version.

EZ on
    psn: Fueler325
    Steam ID:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I have no clue when they are actually doing a proper OBT... I've heard the date June 7th tossed around? Something about them adding more channels. Thank god.

Arthil on
  • Options
    CheBourgeoisNoirCheBourgeoisNoir Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm trying to add you all as friends from the list in the OP, but it keeps telling me you all don't exist? What gives? I'm a thief named Arctor on the THQ ICE version

CheBourgeoisNoir on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I think the person has to be online.

Arthil on
  • Options
    CheBourgeoisNoirCheBourgeoisNoir Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mmm...speaking of online, the server just went down, no?

CheBourgeoisNoir on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Mmm...speaking of online, the server just went down, no?

No.

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    guys i cant play - it says, "cant enter anymore" when i try to click to a crowded server

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Spam the shit out of the enter key. This 'preview' only has one damn channel.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    this game is saucy

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i'm officially a priest

and no heals for until level 23, and even then not a good one ... gotta wait til 25 for a good heal

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I made a magician got up to level 5 before server went down. I can knock stuff in the air a lot and get a cat face. Woo. The air combo is hard because I have bad timing. Character name is Vezka

vhzod on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Having a wierd issue with xpadder that it's not taking control in dragonica windows :/

Had to run as administrator... god technology is great but it annoys me sometimes.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Man... trying to get anything over a C score wise for the mission maps as a Warrior after Vagabond seems fucking impossible. I've kind of figured out that you should be jumping up and down to since the boss can only attack left or right, but the fact that my space key likes to not respond sometimes makes that suck. I'm going to be getting Red Faction: Guerrilla today and I'm tempted to pick up the Wireless Receiver for the 360 controller.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'm online on Adda now if anyone needs a ginvite

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Adda, I'm onlne and pestering you.

EDIT: Thanks.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Infidel, Adda and Zandracon can invite to the guild.

I'd make some more inviters but I can't.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    let's talk about my warrior.

i do x x x and then it has

x
    x->

right on top of each other. what do i do there?

eatmosushi on